Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

discord oc discussion channel?

Started by fish, March 28, 2023, 08:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish

in a couple other oc discord servers i've been in, a lot of people enjoyed oc-discussion or oc-talk type channels where they were free to ask non-plot related questions or throw in small and fast trivia prompts for everyone to answer or talk casually about their ocs (they ranged in seriousness! examples of prompts being like "oc's favorite foods" "if they were stuck in an elevator/uninhabited island, which oc would they rather be stuck with" "what kind of gifts does your oc like to give and receive" "how does your oc deal with loss") and i found it super enjoyable to get to talk about little tidbits/trivia of everyone's ocs when they answered. would you guys consider something like this too?

typically everyone was free to ask any fun questions and everyone was also free to answer, and some servers i've been in, mods would even pin or create threads for people to organize multiple simultaneous questions; some servers i've been in it's still been great without heavy organization and just leaving the channel for everyone to talk as a free-for-all.

i think it's a fun and also fast way to learn small and less plot-relevant trivia about people's ocs, and it gives everyone interesting exercises to think about random traits for any ocs that fit the prompt. i really like very anachronistic but theoretical joke prompts like "what would your oc order at applebees" especially because a lot of people still take their answer seriously enough to give some more insight on their oc LOLLLL

this a suggestion that i think would be a good place for when people's brains need a break and something more casual/fast and less demanding than plotting or writing out whole narratives of rp. i've only seen it in action in discord servers, but i feel like it'd also be easily adaptable to forum format if that could make it more comfortable. it's totally fine if this doesn't fit the vibe for you guys though, so no worries if this isn't something you guys are interested in \o/

Rhindeer

Goblinfae popped it up in Discord! 8D

Replying on their behalf because for some reason they're locked out of this board, lmaaao. >_>
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa