Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fanart could equal Jail Time?

Started by Anonymous, November 05, 2009, 03:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/11/04/mo ... copyr.html
http://www.boingboing.net/2009/11/03/se ... t-tre.html

The world is going to be a hilarious place if this treaty ever gets approved. I can't honestly believe it really...but the idea just makes me laugh. Fanartists getting jail time? Really? Ahhh....most of the artists I know would become outlaws. I love it.

For drawing.

Anonymous

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!

Seriously, WTF is up with this? There are better, more efficient, and less criminalizing ways of protecting your copyrights. This "business-comes-first" mentality that so many in the government are applying is all kinds of wrong.

So what happens to those little kids who like drawing Flapjack, or the hundreds of fancomic artists, or sites like Youtube that would need hundreds of thousands more employees just to keep up with this? Does this mean that I'm going to jail for supporting my favorite comic with fanart? What about parodies, are they unlawful now as well? Seriously, who in their right mind would criminalize half the internet?

Rhindeer

This will be a disaster if it goes through and--I really hope it doesn't, and my optimism denies that it will. It would be pretty much impossible to enforce and the entire internet would be criminal. xD I mean, how the hell do they think they're gonna police, say, 4chan?

It's ridiculous.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Goldie

You know what's funny? They actually already police 4chan xDDD They pay a couple dozen people (maybe more, 4chan updates ridiculously fast) to sit there and watch it all day to look out for pedophiles and other really big illegal activity stuff. They've caught quite a few crazies on 4chan in the past who are idiots and think posting videos/pictures of animal cruelty-sex offenders on the internet.

So yes.

That said...I can't believe they're even considering this O_o I mean....fan art is amazing!! Are they going to kill fan-fics too?

Wait...that actually might not be a bad thing....lol j/k