Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Hunter Becomes Hunted ((Tebby!))

Started by Anonymous, January 18, 2010, 02:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Sitting in the bar, Zephyr looked about, thinking about a time, quite a while ago, when he had been in a bar. He recalled how he had left Cosette and dissapeared into thin air. He wondered if he would see her again. He didn't know, but right now, he didn't care much either. He was more focused on his annoyed thoughts towards life in general.

He didn't expect when he was running off to end up in Ketra. But, the running away was quite amusing. He felt like a bastard, but it was fun anyway.

He got the feeling that something would happen soon. He wondered what it was. It was a perculiar uneasiness that only comes when you just have the feeling that something is going to happen to you or those around you. He stared at his empty glass, pushing it aside. He sighed.

Anonymous

She had been in Ketra for about a week now, living in a small in on the other side of town. It was humble and inexpensive and she figured she would only need to stay in it at night, when she wasn't tracking down the bastard that left her knived to a wall in his kitchen. Just thinking about it made her want to find him even more. She would teach him not to mess with her. No one ever messed with her, and she would make sure he never got away with it.

But it was getting fairly dark out, and she would need to get a bite to eat before heading back to her room for the night. Wait...maybe a drink would be a better idea. She knew of a small bar nearby that would suffice, and as far as she knew it was fairly inexpensive. It would have to keep her satisfied until morning when more places would open up, places that weren't filled to the brim with cockroaches and mice.

She leaped off the roof, landing gracefully on the pavement below. It wasn't a far walk to the bar, so she wrapped her jacket around her and began walking. She really had grown to enjoy seeing Ketra all around her; the hustle and bustle of everyone, the animals walking in herds in the streets, children playing with toy weapons while their parents ran their daily errands. It wasn't much like Serendipity, but it was something.

She turned the corner, seeing the bar only a short walk ahead of her. She clutched her jacket tight around her, trying to keep the chill out. Though it wasn't the cold season, the nights of Adela were still something she couldn't quite get used to. They had a certain air to them that just made Cosette shiver. Perhaps it wasn't just the cold. Maybe it was just the thought of being in an unknown territory, unaware of any criminals lurking in the shadows. She looked around when she thought about that, getting a horrible fear she was being followed.

When she looked back, she saw a figure vanish into the shadows. She sped up, walking quicker towards the bar. She heard the footsteps now, walking fast in her direction. She didn't want to turn around, but she looked back anyway. When she did, a hand went up to her mouth, preventing her from screaming. A knife was at her throat and the figure ushered her forward. She moved with whoever it was, not wanting to give them a real reason to slit her neck. The bar was only a short ways away, but she wouldn't be able to make a run for it before the figure would be able to catch her again. What a situation.

She was pushed against a wall, the figure removing its hand from her mouth, but keeping the knife where it was. She screamed involuntarily, wishing a moment too late that she hadn't. The figure slashed her cheek with the knife, clearly not want to kill her yet. She winced, holding back another scream. She could, at this point, only hope for a miracle.

Anonymous

Zephyr just looked out the window when his sharp eye catched a movement, and a glimpse of someone being shoved against a wall. He could see better than most in the dark, and suddenly, he realized who it was. Even though it was far away, he still couldn't mistake her. Cosette. He heard the scream.  He got up quickly, striding to the door. He came out and slid into the shadows.

He almost appeared behind the man, glaring at him with an intensity that could make a hole in the wall. He slipped a knife next to the man's neck and hissed in a voice that let you know he would kill you without hesitation, "Release her or I chop your head off, asshole."

Anonymous

She didn't know how long she was there, the man holding her against the wall planning what he was going to do next with her. The cut on her cheek was fairly deep and bleeding down her chin. It stung, but she didn't make a sound. No need to upset the strange man with the knife more than needed. Maybe she could get him to leave her alone with a sexual favor. It was all she had to give him, and probably all he wanted.

He traced the knife across her cheek again, running it over the cut several times. She winced each time, holding back tears and screams. She could tell this man was often on the streets; his smell came into her nose, almost burning it. He must've lived out here for a while now.  "Well now, what is a pretty little thing like yourself doing out at a time like this? I think it's about time you learn what happens to the stragglers of the street." His breath made her eyes water, but she ignored it as she saw the knife run close to her eye. She shut her eyes, wanting him to do what he wanted and then leave her alone. She could clean up later.

But then another voice came in, one that did not belong to the man pinning her down. She couldn't believe it. Her eyes shot open, instantly looking for the source of the voice. Sure enough. There he was. The man she had been searching for. She didn't know whether to shout out in joy or yell in anger, but with a knife still at her throat, she decided to stay silent.

But soon the hand released her, throwing her to the ground behind him. She hit the ground...hard. Now all she could do was watch as the fight began.

The man glared at Zephyr, a crazed look in his eye. "Oh yea, tough guy? What you gonna do 'bout it? If you want this little gem for yerself, yer gonna have to go through me. I found her first, she's mine." The man smiled, licking his lips. Oh the night they could have if he won the fight. It wouldn't be hard; this man in front of him seemed weak, breakable. The fight would be over in seconds. The man lunged at Zephyr, the knife shooting out in front of him hard and fast.

Anonymous

Zephyr looked even more angry when Cosette was flung on the ground. He avoided the attack as the man lunged at him, knife in hand. Zephyr got cut a little, but it wasn't terribly painful. He got behind the man and put his hands out, fire shooting out at him. He yelled, "Get the hell out of here or I'll kill you, last chance!" He looked furious. He didn't understand exactly why he was so angry, but he did want to burn this man to a crisp. He didn't do it for Cosette's sake (who would want to see such a terrible death?) and for the fact he wasn't ordered to do it.

Anonymous

The man jumped forward when Zephyr got behind him. He spun around to look at him, avoiding the flame as best he could. But his shirt caught fire, making the man scream. He began patting out the flame with his hands, both burning his hands and extinguishing the flame. "Geez man! I just wanted a little fun with her is all." But before Zephyr could make another move at him, the man took off sprinting away from them.

Cosette's eyes were wide with horror. She watched in silence as the whole thing played out, making no attempt to escape. She didn't think she'd be able to stand, her entire body seeming to have the consistency of jello right now. She felt rather nauseous and kept her eyes staring at where the man had been. Her breathing was shaky and her cheek was still bleeding, but she just sat there. What the hell had just happened?

Anonymous

Zephyr's expression calmed considerably. He kneeled next to Cosette, saying, "Are you hurt...?" He saw the cut on her cheek and wiped some blood off. He picked her up in his arms, and said, "I guess you've found me again..." He began to walk off, carrying her through dark alleys towards his house.

Anonymous

She was still staring off when Zephyr kneeled beside her. She had to admit she was fairly afraid of him right now. She couldn't help it either; getting jumped in an alleyway only to be rescued by a man who could shoot flames at you or kill you with a flick from a knife. She shied away from him when he spoke, but relaxed when she saw his calmed expression. "I'm f-fine," she said, not even able to convince herself. She was on the verge of tears, but for fear of crying in front of him, she held them back. When he wiped her cut, she winced, hissing slightly. "That stings," she said quietly, not like he'd be able to do anything about it even if he had heard her.

He picked her up, and she wrapped her arms around his neck, worried about walking around at night. She didn't like the thought of being in the dark at night. She was faintly reminded of her encounter with Zephyr the time they had met in the alley. At least with that, she had had some control about what he was doing. She didn't fear him then, knowing her was probably not going to do anything to her. But the man who had just attacked her, she didn't know what his intentions were. She was just lucky Zephyr had been so close.

Anonymous

Zephyr found his house and gently put her on the couch. The house was the exact same as the other one they were in that time ago. He sat next to her, and studied the cut. "You don't want a nice big scar on your face like me..." He held his hand near her face and began to heal it with magic. He wasn't very good with healing magic, but it would make it less painful and not leave a scar on her face. He said, "Were you....scared of me earlier?"

Anonymous

She stayed quiet the whole way back to his house, replaying the images of the man in her mind. She tried to redirect her thoughts, but she kept coming back to them. Each time, she anticipated things that she knew would happen, wincing or tensing up each time. At one point she shut her eyes, laying her head on his chest. She was starting to fall asleep when he set her on the couch.

He studied her cut. She was leery to letting him near the cut, but she knew he wouldn't hurt her. She sat still, allowing him to do what he needed to. He held his hand near the cut, and the pain began to subside. She wanted to say thanks, but she couldn't find her voice. So instead she just smiled at him, careful not to hurt her cheek to much. When he asked her, her smile disappeared. She was scared. She hadn't seen him like that ever. Then again she didn't know him that well, but she had never seen him that...angry. She was scared, but she wasn't going to admit it.

She looked at him for the first time since he came to her aid. He hadn't changed much in a years time. That made her happy. She smiled at him, remembering all the reasons she had for tracking him down. Her smile disappeared again as she remembered the primary reason. She looked away from him, ignoring his question completely. "Zephyr. Why'd you do it? Why'd you leave?" There was a great deal of hurt in her voice as she spoke. She had wanted to know that since the moment he left. She didn't know if he'd be able to answer...or would want to answer for that matter. It wasn't something you would openly tell a person...but she felt she deserved to know.

Anonymous

Zephyr began to feel kind of bad about leaving. He didn't really mean to hurt her. He looked away. "Must I say?" He didn't feel like talking about it really. He did enjoy being a little of a sneaky bastard but didn't like hurting her. He sighed, looking up at the ceiling. He said something that seemed sort of random. "'You know, a man who learns to kill is said to be safe, but the very reason they needed to learn it proves otherwise.'" He said it as if they were not his own words.

Anonymous

She wasn't so much hurt when he left as she was surprised. She had never had anyone walk out on her before...though if she would suspect anyone to do it, it would be him. "No you don't have to say, though it'll save you some trouble later on, because I will get it out of you eventually." She smirked at him. She didn't know if it was true, but a little confidence never hurt anyone.

She didn't really want to think about what the last sentence meant, but her brain went on to interpret it anyway. She frowned. In an attempt to get her brain to switch subjects, she looked around his house. Nothing changed which made her believe no time had passed. Or at least she wished she could believe it. But the truth was, time had passed, and she had spent a good majority of the year tracking down this man. But for what? Why would she want to follow him after he had left her? That question had the same answer as the initial question asked. Why'd she go after him in the first place. "Because he's special," she whispered to herself, hoping he hadn't heard. Was she going crazy?

She pulled her legs into a pretzel on the couch. "So what have you been up to since we last saw each other?" She truly was curious, but she did have other things on her mind. She felt bad for...coming back into his life like this...but she was going to make it happen somehow.

Anonymous

Zephyr broke off from his thoughts and shrugged. "No, I haven't been up to much scince you left. It's been a long time." He sighed. "Why did you come to find me? I was being a bastard by leaving, I don't see your point in following me again, even if you do like me." He looked away. He heard the comment about him being special and smiled to himself. It was a faint smile, but a smile nontheless. It was an odd thing to see on his face, considering there was rarely a bit of emotion showing anyway.

Anonymous

She fiddled with the hem of her shirt, not really looking at him. She didn't get why she had worked so hard to find him, or even why she had initially chased him. He was special, but why? She pulled at loose threads, trying to come up with something, anything to explain why she was so obsessed. But try as she might, nothing came to mind. She couldn't think of a logical reason for chasing him, following him here, leaving home to find him again. There had to be some sort of reason, but it was not coming to her.

She looked back up at him, an empty stare looking at him. Her eyes were watering slightly as if she were on the verge of tears still. She couldn't think of an answer. "I...I don't know. I've never felt anything like this before. I-I just...wanted the pain in my chest to go away. I'm sorry I bothered you. I'll leave." She stood, her legs still shaky from before. She took a step towards the door and her legs almost gave out from underneath her. She caught her balance, standing still for a second or two before taking another step. At this point, she wouldn't be able to leave before he decided to vanish again. But she pressed on, determined to get out before then.

Anonymous

Zephyr watched her start leaving. He felt as if something was pulling him towards her, making her stop leaving. He got up and said, "No...don't leave." He walked over to her and hugged her , whispering, "please don't leave." He kissed her on the cheek.

Anonymous

She was getting no where, her legs still shaky from before. But they were starting to relax, the realization that no one was going to attack her quickly setting in. She stopped trying to move, allowing herself to relax a bit more. She didn't even know why she had been so shaken up by that. She had been in worse situations. Maybe it was because she hadn't been expecting this one? No. That couldn't be. She had been attacked in an alleyway before. Maybe because she had actually gotten harmed? Again, that couldn't be. She had been injured worse than that before. She frowned, trying to think of any reason. Then it hit her.

It was because of Zephyr.

She hadn't seen him like that, hadn't seen him so angry before. She hadn't seen him ever on the edge of killing someone. Even when he had met her in the alleyway so long ago, she knew deep down he wouldn't kill her. But that man who had attacked her, she saw what Zephyr wanted to do to him. She knew that he wouldn't have thought twice about slashing the man's throat. And that terrified her.

She gasped in surprise when he hugged her, quickly snapping back to reality. She froze, scared for but a moment. Calm down Cosette. This is Zephyr, he won't hurt you. She instantly relaxed, smiling slightly when he kissed her cheek. She turn to look at him, a full smile on her face. "Ok," she leaned up and kissed him lightly on the lips. "But only because you are asking." A small smirk appeared on her face. "Besides, the deals not over yet, at least not 'til I say it is." The fearful Cosette was gone, replaced by the one Zephyr had originally met. The one who wanted solely to seduce him. The one who had nearly fallen in love with him. The one who had been so determined to find him even after he had left her.

The one he had nearly fallen in love with.

Anonymous

Zephyr released  her and looked down at her with an unreadable expression. He said, "Our deal isn't over, huh...What are you going to make me do?" He sighed, in a slightly annoyed way. He was instantly back to the old Zephyr, the one Cosette had met in the beginning. The one that she had nearly fallen in love with.

The one that almost fell in love with her.

He looked at her, looking annoyed again. "When is the deal over? Don't I have a say?"

Anonymous

She grinned. "I'm only going to make you do what you agreed to do." She faced him. Why did he have to look at her like that? She redirected her eyes towards the ground. "Unless you want the deal to be over? I mean I thought I was getting somewhere when you..." She broke off. "Just nevermind." She walked back over to the couch, taking a seat and pulling her knees up to her chest.

"You can decide when it's over if you want. I just...wanted to keep trying." She frowned, staring at him. "I didn't want to give up. But if you want me to, then why would you want me to stay here? There would really be no point." She raised her eyebrow at him, irritation faintly showing on her face.

Anonymous

Zephyr looked at how annoyed she was. The irritation on his face started to dissapear. "Can't figure out why I'm contradicting myself? Well...I'll tell you." He looked at her and smirked. The smirk turned into something of smile, then a grin. He chuckled. "I thought you of all people could find out if someone was playing games with them...how else could I  want you here and away!" He really did like her, that was the truth. But, he had just decided to mess with her a little. Most was not intentional, but it amused him. "You look...so annoyed at me." He laughed  a little.that was a sound not many have ever heard.

Anonymous

She glared when he spoke to her. But the irritation was slowly replaced by amusement. So that's how he wanted it, eh? Well two could play at that game. He wanted to play with her like that? Well she would give him a game he would never forget. She smirked at him. "Well then," she said quietly, standing up from the couch, "Have you been working on that or something?" The smirk slowly transformed into a sly little grin as she walked slowly near him. "Have you been practicing? I would love to see how well you can play. Or...we can play a different game." She was fairly close to him now, but she continued to walk near him. With a quick movement, she pinned him against the wall, her eyes both hard and seductive at the same time. She could play the game better than he would ever be able to imagine.

She held him there, her face nearing his. But she stopped so she was less than an inch from his mouth. "Is the deal still on? Or shall I be looking for a new target?"