Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Hunter Becomes Hunted ((Tebby!))

Started by Anonymous, January 18, 2010, 02:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Zephyr looked into her eyes, a smirk on his face. "You know you couldn't leave me if you tried. At least, not without coming back at some point or another." He sighed. "Ask yourself that question, and see if you come up with the same answer." He suddenly heard a knock on the door. He narrowed his eyes. Nobody here knew him. He went around Cosette carefully and opened the door, only to dodge a knife that was thrown at deadly speed towards the wall. It stuck in the wall, vibrating slightly. He peeked past the door to see his sister Shadow grinning at him. "That's the greeting you gave me last time, I figured I'd return it." (He thought she was an enemy, throwing a knife at her by accident...) She entered without his consent and looked around a little. She was beautiful much like another woman here but more of a dangerous beauty...a dark beauty. She spotted Cosette and tilted her head slightly. "Who are you..?" She looked from Cosette, then to Zehpyr, then back to Cosette. She said, "I never thought I'd see the day you brought a woman into your house, Z. Interesting indeed. Doesn't look to much a formidable opponent." She grinned at him.((nickname she called him..))

Anonymous

((Taky finally gets a decent post from me! Yay!))

She sighed.

He was right. There was no way she would be able to leave, even if she wanted to. She wasn't quite sure why, but it was just something she knew was true. It was almost like the feeling you get, knowing the sun will always come up, knowing there would always be air for you to breath, knowing you would have a bond to a person, whether you wanted to or not. Her seductiveness wavered and fell as he took a step around her. She hadn't even heard the knock at the door; more or less, she wasn't paying attention. She had...other things on her mind.

But she couldn't stop her mind from wondering why she needed to stay around. Was it because she was in love with him? Doubtful. He had left her after all. Was it because she wanted her side of the deal with him? Possibly. Though that wouldn't be any different from any other attractive man she had seen in her life. So it wouldn't be any different with Zephyr. So what was it then?

Then it hit her.

That night they had met. That night she had first seen him. That was it! He had said no. He had fueled her desire to want to follow him, to win against all odds. She had always been competitive, she had always gotten whatever she wanted, and she didn't take well to losing or giving up. She had never given up in her life, and clearly she was not willing to give up now. It wouldn't be worth it now.

She was snapped back to reality when she heard something hit the wall with great force. She jumped back slightly, staring at the knife sticking out of the wall. She then looked to Zephyr, who looked as if he was both surprised and sure that something like that would happen. The door was open now, but her view of whoever was at the door was blocked by the door itself. But before she had the chance to question who it was, a woman was in his house. She automatically felt herself grow angry.

Who was she? Why was she here? What could she possibly want with Zephyr? She wasn't sure if she wanted to know the answers to any of these questions or if she would get any answers for that matter. She looked beautiful, dangerous, and oddly familiar. Cosette did a double take when she saw the woman's face. But the woman had asked her a question. "I am Cosette. I...me and....Zephyr and I..." She couldn't finish her sentence. What would she classify her and Zephyr's relationship as? They weren't lovers, they could hardly be considered friends, and they weren't enemies. So instead of finishing, she allowed the woman to talk to Zephyr again, recollecting her composure.

But the woman's reaction to Zephyr was strange. She wasn't all over him like she would expect an old...'friend' to be. It was more like...like they were related in some way. She could only tilt her head at the way the woman talked to him. She was so...snide to him, so snippy. And what exactly did she mean by 'not a formidable opponent'? Was she expecting a fight or something? What a strange woman. Cosette shook her head, hoping this was some sort of joke.

Anonymous

Shadow waved her hand in dismissal. "It doesnt matter if you can't explain. I can guess..even if it isn't anything expected." She nodded. "And, nice to meet you." She glanced at Zephyr.

Zephyr didn't know what to say at first. He thought that Cosette might misunderstand who Shadow was to him at first. He introduced Shadow to Cosette. "This is my sister, Shadow. She's an assassin also. Not sure who's stronger, her or me." Shadow tilted her head at Cosette. "Is she..?"Zephyr shook his head. "No, she isn't an assassin." Shadow smirked. "I never expected you to finaly get a girl, especially one who isn't a fighter. Nice job..I wonder how you even got her to stay around." Zephyr looked off for a moment. He looked a bit embarassed.

Anonymous

She had to admit, it was fairly awkward standing there watching the two of them. But some of the awkwardness was taken away when she found out the woman was just his sister. She shifted her position nervously when she found out she was standing in a room with two assassins. She just kept any comments she could have said to herself. No need to upset two people who could kill her three times before she actually died.

She stood there, nearly blushing when his sister started picking on him. Why would she do that in front of the supposed girl who she was surprised he had kept around. If there was one way to drive a girl away, it was by saying how bad the guy was at keeping a girl. Thankfully Cosette didn't care what others said; she wasn't leaving Zephyr no matter what his sister said.

She stepped forward, sliding her hand around his waist, her hand landing fairly close to his butt. She smiled at Shadow, a hint of bitterness showing through. She wasn't going to allow a few words change how she thought about Zephyr. "He kept me around with how much he resists everything I do. Like a year ago, when we first met." She raised her eyebrow. She would just leave the story at that. Let her fill in the blanks. Her hand stayed on his waist, her fingers just barely tickling the bare skin of his side.

Anonymous

Zephyr wasn't expecting Cosette's hand to slide around his waist...he was rather startled. His cheeks turned a light shade of pink. Shadow seemed fairly amused. "Really? Interesting." She looked at the door. "I have to go do business now. Bye..." She winked at him and left. He stood there, feeling stupid. He glanced at Cosette.

Anonymous

"What a charmer," she said, smiling at the door as it closed. "If only she could have stayed around longer." Cosette just stayed there, her hand around his waist. His reactions to her touch were...amusing to say the least, no matter how small. Any time he seemed embarrassed, it just made her smile. The poor bloke just need some more experience, and she could only imagine how he would react to...yea it would be fun. The smile spread a bit more.

She squeezed Zephyr's side once before letting go of him. She took a small step before turning to face him. The poor guy looked...so confused. Her smiled wavered before disappearing. "What you thinking about?" She stood where she was. No need to confuse him further with her actions. Nothing could make a guy lose their thought faster than a beautiful woman smiling at them.

Anonymous

Zephyr looked at her, studying it seemed. He snapped out of his thoughts when she asked him a question. "I'm thinking about..you.." He looked away again. He left the living room and  walked down the hallway to his room, glancing at her before entering. He left the door a little open (an invitation?) and sat on his bed. He looked up at the ceiling, wondering about his emotions.

Anonymous

She stood there silently as he looked at her, feeling almost as awkward as before. Something had changed in the atmosphere, making her feel a bit uneasy. Then he spoke. She was a little taken aback by his words. "M-me?..." She looked down, blushing ever so slightly. She hadn't expected him to say that, not in a million year. She had expected him to say something along the lines of 'why were you touching me like that?'...or 'maybe this isn't a good idea...you being here,' but he had...been thinking about her. Her stomach did an involuntary flip. But before she could get a response from him, he had left the room.

She watched as he left, saw him look at her before disappearing. She stood where she was, unable to find her legs to allow her to follow him. He had left the door open, something she could only take as a signal for her to follow him. But where was he going? After a few seconds, she was able to move, and she walked slowly and carefully towards the door.

In moments, she was surrounded by Zephyr's room. This was his area, and he had invited her in. She couldn't help but feel both excited, and nervous. She stood just inside the doorway, her hand clutching the door frame, keeping her balanced. Her eyes traveled around the room, slightly darker than the rest of the house, looking at each thing separately before moving onto a new object. Eventually she eyes landed on Zephyr and a small, pink flush ran to her cheeks. "Zephyr?" she looked at him, almost nervously, as she took a small step into the room. She kept her eyes on him, taking slow, small steps towards him. She finally reached the bed, hesitating slightly before taking a seat next to him. "Are you ok?"

Anonymous

He waited somewhat nervously for her to enter. He watched her and replied to her question, "I'm fine..." He glanced at her. "I've figured out something.." He stared at the ceiling. "Youre confused about me..because of the order in which I got to know you.." He paused for a moment before continuing. "I'm guessing, because you're beautiful, men you meet tend to ignore you as a person and go straight to what they want...however." He looked into her eyes. "Whether you've intended it or not, I've gotten to know you better than the others...I'm different. It perplexes you, no? I've gotten to know you as a person...and now, I'm ready to get to know you in an entirely different manner...because, whether I like it or not, I have fallen for you." He kissed her softly on the lips.

Anonymous

She sat there silently as he spoke. He got it. He understood her confusion. In fact, he had understood it before she had. How he did that, she would never know, but now that she thought about it, he was different. He wasn't some horn dog looking for a pretty girl to use, abuse, and recycle. He had...actually gotten to know her, well most of her anyway. She still had a few things he would never learn simply because she didn't want him to, but he could probably name off many things about her that all the men she had met in her life couldn't even imagine. She swallowed, unable to move or think anymore, staring at him. Her throat had suddenly become very dry.

She gasped slightly when he finished his sentence, kissing her softly. She returned the kiss, but something wasn't right about all of this. She would have normally taken that as a signal to 'get going', but she felt...strangely about how all of this had played out. So instead of following his lead, she pulled away, staring at him, her eyes cautious. "Zephyr, are you sure?" She found it almost...funny that she was asking him. For one, she had never really cared if someone was sure with what they were doing. Then again, most men she hooked up with were more than willing to spend the night with her. But the other reason was that it was generally the guy asking if the girl was sure about everything. That made her almost want to smile.

A fragile girl and an assassin, and she happened to be the one who was the male in the relationship.

Funny stuff sometimes.

((sorry if it's confusing))

Anonymous

He looked deeply into her eyes. "I'm doing this because it's my part of the deal, I owe you it....unless...this isn't what you want. Is it? Are you sure?" He sighed. "Love gives you both the power to make a person happy or break them to pieces...I give you such a choice..." He sighed. "But, if you wish to break my heart, I'll still love you with all the pieces.."

Anonymous

She had no intentions of breaking his heart. He had left her, and she had chased after him. She didn't know why she had followed him until he said something about it. That was the reason he was special. That was the reason she wouldn't leave him, the reason she couldn't. No matter how much she hated to admit growing attached to anyone, she had fallen for him, as much as he had fallen for her. Oh how she hated saying that.

She looked into his eyes only a moment longer, before smiling once again. If he was sure, she was also. But she felt...differently about Zephyr than any other man. She couldn't help but want to...be gentler with him. He seemed so fragile, so confused and nervous and she didn't want to scare him. "I am sure, as long as you promise not to leave me..." The smile had vanished, all seriousness replacing it. But before she gave him the chance to answer, she closed the gap between them with a passionate kiss. She allowed herself to go further with the kiss, though still holding herself back enough to allow him to go back on his word if he so pleased.

Anonymous

Zephyr closed his visible eye and kissed her back with equal passion. HE was feeling things now that he hadn't really felt before. It was as if a current was running through his body and sparks flying from his fingertips. He smirked, pulling away a moment to whisper in her ear, "Do your worst, Cosette."

Anonymous

Something had changed within the man that she didn't notice until now. He was no longer so reserved. He wanted to keep up with her, though whether or not he would be able to, she wasn't sure. Maybe he would learn quickly, or maybe she would be leading the whole time. Or if she was lucky, his assassin instincts would kick in. Heh...that could be fun. This would be a learning experience on both their sides.

But for now, she was only willing to go as fast as he was. That is, until he said those words to her. She smirked, kissing him deeply again. When she pulled away again, both of them breathing hard, she leaned towards his ear. "oh, you shouldn't have said that." She captured him in one more, long kiss before leaning all her weight on him, pushing him back on the bed.

Then the fun began.

[center:1nn4batf]---------[/center:1nn4batf]

She found herself asleep several hours later, curled up in the blankets, dreaming of the only person she would be able to think of for a while. Zephyr. She couldn't find any words to describe what exactly she had felt with him. It wasn't anything she was used to. She didn't quite understand how he had been able to get to know her...the real her. That just didn't happen, but honestly, she was happy for the change. And all her troubles had been worth it, totally and completely. In fact, she could say that she would give every night she had spent with a man just to have a time like that again.

She yawned, rolling over into Zephyr's chest. She was almost shocked at the number of scars he had. She had tried to count them, often tracing her fingers over them, but she found herself often...distracted. She would count them now, but the thought of keeping her eyes open just made her wince. She was far too tired to do much of anything, so instead she just curled up against his chest, breathing in his sweet aroma. She smiled slightly. "Morning," she said without opening her eyes or looking up at him.

Anonymous

Zephyr dreamed of Cosette that night. He couldnt find words for the night they had spent together. It was so far from what he was used to, but quite enjoyable...

His eye opened at her voice. He smiled faintly. "Morning." He put his arm around her saying, "Love ya, Cosette."

Anonymous

They sat there like that for several minutes. Cosette was perfectly ok with staying where she was, and it didn't seem like Zephyr really minded either. She breathed deeply, taking in his aroma each time. She couldn't quite put a name to the scent. It was sweet, and at the same time spicy. It was delicious nonetheless, and she would never get sick of it.

She was happily surprised when his arm wrapped around her. His body was warm against hers, and she shivered slightly. A minute or so later, she opened her eyes, blinking a few times to focus them to the morning light. She looked up at Zephyr's face, smiling as she did so. His words...she had heard them so many times before, though not from him. Men had told her that they had loved her before, and she couldn't help but giggle every time. There was no way they could love her when they had just met her. But each one insisted that it was 'love at first sight'. But somehow, his words seemed so true. She figured he had never told anyone he loved them before. There was no way he could be making it up.

Now that she thought about it, she had never told anyone she loved them either. She knew what it was, but she had only felt it once or twice in her whole life. She wasn't sure if she knew how to tell someone she loved them. She leaned up and kissed his mouth softly. "Love you too." And faint smile crossed her lips as she realized it was true. No more lies or stories.

They weren't needed.

Anonymous

Zephyr smiled back at her. He looked into her eyes, his eyes deep pools of emotion that could better describe his feelings than his speech. Hi sighed deeply in content, relaxing and closing his eye. He, for the first time since who knows when, was truly happy. He ran a finger down her spine and back up.

Anonymous

She sighed happily. Nothing could be said to make this moment better. She pressed herself closer to him, warming herself up with his heat. She was afraid to speak anymore, fearing it might ruin the calm silence they had. She shut her eyes, nearly drifting off to sleep again. But she realized she probably should get up. Just a few more minutes. But she knew deep down that she needed to get up, but the reason behind that was uncertain.

In fact, what did she have to do today? There was nothing that needed to be done, at least not while she was in Ketra. She could start heading home, getting back to her regular life in Serendipity, but she simply didn't want to. She had...found someone, as shocking as it was to hear or think about. But she couldn't possibly leave him. It would hurt both of them, and she didn't want to do that.

But that didn't mean she would be able to lie there forever. She sighed quietly, leaning up and kissing him on the lips again before sitting up slowly. As much as she hated it, the day had to start eventually. She yawned, smiling at Zephyr. This was a bit different from how mornings generally were with the men she met. On a normal morning, she would have woken up early, gotten dressed, and left, leaving behind only a note as to why she had to leave so suddenly. But then again, she couldn't expect this man to give her anything normal anymore. Everything he did, everything that had happened between them, it had been so 'out of the ordinary'. That wasn't to say that she didn't enjoy it, but sometimes it was nice to be able to suspect what was going to happen. Oh well. She couldn't have everything.

Anonymous

Zephyr yawned also and sat up himself. He glanced at her smiling, and dissapeared into the living room...quite litteraly. A little trick he learned while being an assassin. When he saw Cosette, he said, "Just wondering..." He sat on the couch, having the same clothes with the open jacket as a while ago. "Is there anything about me that you're still curious about?"

Anonymous

She got dressed quickly and quietly, a technique well mastered through the years. When she was sure everything was where it needed to be, she turned around to say something to Zephyr, only to find out he had disappeared. She blinked, staring at the spot where he had been only a second ago. If he did that damn disappearing act again...her hands clenched into fists. That bastard. He would pay if he did that again. She had hunted him down once, she could do it again. But this time, the hunt wouldn't be for the deal, it would be for revenge.

But then she heard him from the other room. She snapped back to reality, a surprised look on her face. He had stayed? She smiled, feeling slightly embarrassed. She shouldn't suspect the worst out of him. Everyone deserved a second chance. Besides, he had said he loved her, she couldn't assume he had been lying about that. She needed to have some sort of trust with him. She was just happy he hadn't been there to see her react that way. She collected herself and walked into the other room.

She looked at him. A small smiled crossed her lips as she looked at his bare chest again. She walked over to the couch and sat down next to him. Something she would like to know? There was plenty she was curious about; mostly pointless stuff she could find out later, like his favorite foods, favorite places to be, that sort of stuff. But she wasn't about to waste his time by making him answer that stuff. She sorted through her thoughts, biting her lip slightly before looking at him. "Yea one thing. How old are you?" That would give her time to think about a better question and avoid a long silence of her just thinking.