Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Flora and Fauna ((Quills!))

Started by Anonymous, January 31, 2010, 06:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Oliver nodded, saying, "I'd like to rest...I have some things I need to think about." He found a little cave in a rock face and went inside. He brushed away vines and leaves, and any animals that may cause harm in there were shooed out. He sat on the edge of the cave. The whole time, he had seemed rather down about something, and he looked up to the sky, as if searching for something. Raindrops falling ran down his face, making it almost look like he was crying. He sighed.

Anonymous

Ulma followed Oliver to the cave and went a little further inside, away from the rain. The boy looked like he had something on his mind. When kids got like that, in her experience it was better to let them work it out for themselves, as talking about it tended to end in accusations of not understanding. A lot of the time they were right, but it still didn't help any, so she would leave him alone for now.

Well, at least this was a chance to make some notes. She liked to keep a log of her travels, new things she'd found, harvests she'd made and medicines she'd prepared. Pulling out a thick, tattered book from one of the bags strapped to Ugly, who was testing out the edibility of one of the rocks littering the cave floor, she sat down. She flicked through page after page of illegible chickenscratch, looking for some blank space.

Anonymous

He sat, thinking about his brother. Hm, he was overreacting. It really could have been something else, someone else. Assuming this person was his brother was like assuming any random person was. He calmed down, thinking about it logically. He couldn't help but try to look for him earlier. He wanted to see his brother so much. After all, it was Tristan who saved him from being a slave, a long time ago. He simply wished that he had someone who understood him, who could fly along with him in the sky....but the past was gone, and the present was where he was living, whether he liked it or not.

Oliver sighed, coming into the cave. He looked a bit more cheerful than before. He shook some raindrops off of himself, his eyes having more spark in them. He walked over to Ulma, looking over her shoulder at the writings in her book. He couldn't read them. He wondered about why she liked plants. He guessed they weren't hard to understand because they didn't think or talk. Well, perhaps that made them harder to understand. Oh well. He pointed to the book's page and said, "What are you writing about?"

Anonymous

Ulma looked up from the page, setting her pencil down on the uneven, ragged paper. It seemed like Oliver felt a bit better, which was good. Of course he couldn't read what was in the book – it was written in Hyoite, using Serenian characters, in her awful handwriting, and it didn't help that she'd taught herself to read and write and did both equally poorly. She dropped finished journals off with her son when she'd finished them, because nobody but him could read the damn things.

"I write what we have to been doing. I could to see new things, maybe to look closer at. I write it, I may to be joining some things, that I could not to be seeing. Not often... But it sometimes is to happen, often enough that I do this." She shrugged. "Maybe you could to find, that it helps you?"