Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cats just don't know how to play!

Started by Anonymous, May 05, 2010, 02:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Where had it gone?

Nakkura had happened across the one cat brave enough—or perhaps stupid enough—to freely wander the streets of a kingdom where dogs were practically worshipped. It had since then given him the slip as he subtly pursued it through the throngs of people on the streets. Luckily, the mutt was more curious than frustrated, as his posture made evident. His red ears were perked forward as he panted quietly, looking past the legs of the crowd for the mangy grey tabby cat.

"I wasn't going to hurt you," the wolf-dog whined. Most small animals were boring or didn't know how to properly play. The idea of the game was to make the chase long and fun! He couldn't quite fathom the life-or-death situation his prey thought that they were in, so he assumed no one understood the game. He'd have to come up with a new one.

Ah, but he was in luck! There was that ringed grey tail, twitching just in sight.

The ginger dog shut his smiling mouth and focused his ears intently toward the almost indiscernible padding of the cat's feet. His eyes—one brown, one ice blue—focused on the creature's shadow as it darted past the legs of humans. He turned to track its movements, spine rigid and his tail curled over his back. He quietly sniffed the air and stepped toward the feline as it wove between legs and disappeared again.

Nakkura scowled, the white points on his eyebrows pulling closer together, and plopped his rear end down on the street. "Now you're just making fun of me," he protested, though in his experience cats never answered. Indeed most creatures didn't know how to answer his complex sentences. However, that didn't bother him much.

Maybe the sadist tabby would come back if it wanted to taunt him more; he didn't care anymore. Huffing loudly with disappointment, he sat back down again. People nearly stepped on his paws or bumped into him, some cursing quietly to themselves, but most didn't pay him any mind. A few hands descended cautiously to rub his ears, and he offered the occasional whine or lick when appropriate, acting almost mechanically. His mind was set on finding a new friend that would actually get the games he wanted to play.

Nakkura heaved a low sigh. That was easier said than done.

[hr:3fq9odmm][/hr:3fq9odmm]

ooc; My first roleplaying post here! I was really at a loss for what to write, but I would rather just get a thread started than struggle over writing a better one. D= I'll get better with replies, I promise!

Anonymous

He felt that pull, that instinct of knowing a cat somewhere nearby was fleeing. Dog? It is a city after all, he thought as his eyes scanned the scene before him. He saw nothing strange so far, though, and he continued walking along at a slow, controlled pace. Other than that disturbing pull upon him, the day seemed relatively calm for such a place, what with all the people walking around.

Ahh! There it was again! Julian's eyes darted, nervous now. He didn't like it when cats were in danger as it was simply in his nature to want to protect them. Furrowing his brow, he slowed and moved off the busy part of the street. That feeling was fading, but he saw people trying to step around something up ahead. Curious, he went onward. What he found surprised him.

It seemed so random to him, but there was a dog just sitting in the street in the middle of the day. Sighing, assuming it might have been chasing some random stray cat, he tried to get closer to it, the hoards of people making the task difficult. When he reached the dog he reached down and patted its head, confused as to why it was still sitting there. "Come on, dog, you're blocking the street and you're gonna get stepped on...if you haven't been stepped on already." Reaching down, he took hold of the dog's scruff, as gently as he could, and gave him a bit of a tug and push with his leg, trying to get him out of the way. He'll get killed if he stays here, that's why you're helping, Julian tried to convince himself.

Anonymous

Nakkura half closed his blue and brown eyes as the people walked past him. He was used to wandering the streets and getting his feet stepped on, but since no one beat him or shoved him out of the way, he didn't see any reason to move. In most cases, he stood like a stone in a river, with the water parting on either side of him. He looked up at the faces, some scowling, most not daring to focus on him, a few offering distracted smiles. His tail wagged, though he wished someone would stop for a minute.

His pink nose suddenly tickled, and he lifted his head immediately to better catch the scent. Something, not a normal person, was approaching. In most cases, he barked to alert others to the strangeness, but in this case the smell was too new, unusual, and tempting. He wasn't going to let anyone else claim responsibility for finding it.

A man stepped into view, the source of the smell, but Nakkura forgot all about it when a hand descended to pat his head. He was told that he was blocking the street, and in a gesture very unusual for a dog, he glanced around him and lowered his ears as if in embarrassment.

The person grabbed the scruff of his neck and nudged him. He flattened his ears tighter against his orange skull and looked wary, but the intention was clear enough. "I'll move," he muttered, attempting to shake free while heading toward the side of the road. Any human wouldn't understand his resigned remark, but his expression showed something like it.

Once he had gotten out of the way, Nakkura turned and took a seat, staring up at the man. His nose twitched wildly as he tried to figure out what was so weird about him. "You smell like a cat!" he realized, with a single bark. Some heads turned, but he averted his eyes. Bad things happened to the weird people he barked at.

He grinned sheepishly and stared up into the man's greenish eyes, tail flopping on the sidewalk.