Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

They are my people [shinigamikitsune]

Started by Anonymous, June 20, 2010, 05:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Dalmon walked down the cobbled road with a smirk on his face.Most heirs wouldn't wear full armor with sword and shield aswell.But Dalmon wasn't your normal heir"Is something funny my lord?" His helmed guard remarked. "Oh nothing sir just the people." Dalmon walked to a stand that was selling gems. "Heir Dalmon it is a honor to have you see my items." Dalmon turned to his guard. "Did I speak to this man guard." Dalmon frowned as he turned to the man.

"Oh please sir I didn't mean to offend you." The man bowed seeking forgiveness. Dalmon snorted and began to laugh quite loudly. "Sir I am not one that becomes offended by as someone speaking to me before I speak to them! Now now how would my shield look incrested with a ruby and topaz ensamble?"

His guards gave a light laugh. "You'd strike fear into our enemies but, they might compliment your matching gems before you would slit thire throats." Dalmon laughed as he jabed his guard in the ribs playfuly. "Not for the battle ram you jester! I mean for the feast shield that would break under the force of a dull dagger. Oh nevermined I'll get a page to handle it."

Dalmon strided off away from the stand armor clinking."Well that was a waste of time It's still a good to meet our merchants... Remind me to study over thire contracts so I wont be surprised when I will need to talk about renewing them." One of his guards noded slowly as they went from stand to stand looking over wares Dalmon had no need for. They even went to a magic supplies store just so Dalmon could get a daily amount of snickers.

shinigamikitsune

It had been another long day, but Alestra was glad that her work obligations were over. She wasn't scheduled to be back in Arca for at least a couple of days, so she could take the rest of today off and perhaps spend the night in this town.

At the moment she was inside of the magic supplies store. Her large black draft horse had been tethered outside, and was free from his usual battle armor. Inside the store, she was looking over some salves, a little crystal dragon, about the size of a house cat, was perched on her shoulder. Drathe, the little dragon, was complain about how his scales were itchy. So she was looking over the salves, letting him smell the ones that could possibly be used in order to soothe the itch caused by his growth.

Alestra was dressed in her normal kimono styles robes. They flowed around her easily, and in such a way to hide the light amount of armor she wore underneath, along with the short traditional sword that was hidden across the small of her back. The colors she wore today were mostly black and reds, patterned in such a way that it almost looked as though the clothes were on fire.

She paused for a moment when she heard the sound of armor clad men coming towards the store. It was obvious that these people were not magic users, since most magic users used lighter armor, if any. Alestra glanced over when the men came in. Being the cavalry commander, she had made it her job to know all the nobles, those who wielded power in the provinces, and those who were the heirs. So it was easy enough for her to determine that this man was the heir of this province, Dalmon Killdair.

Knowing this man, she also knew that he wasn't fond of magics. Which could be considered rather strange, since this was a country that fully embraced the magics. She'd had her reservations about this man, though she wouldn't voice them out loud. For the moment, she would keep an eye on the man, and what his intention for this place was.

Anonymous

Dalmon looked aroundthe shop with his smirk he wore to well,the store was strange the smell oh by the sword the smell could wake the dead. There is most likely a reason for that. He thought as he serched throught the tomes finding one that read Magic for the Untrained. He open the book to a page nearing the middle and read to his guards as if he was to give a sermon.

"Focus your inner being and picture the enemy falling to your spell. Channel all you posses into burst to slay anyone who stands in your way. Or you could drive a short sword into thire chest."

He and his guards chuckled as he read on silently. Dalmon didn't hate all magic his sister and mother used it. He just found it less.... practical on the battle field then a well trained soilder. He loved healing magic the faster his cuts healed the faster he was fighting.

He felt a strange feeling a feeling not often felt on him his head shot up from the book his guards had left him most likely they saw a few whores and had been enticed. "No matter more freedom for me to move. Ahh who am I kidding." Dalmon leaned on the book case and kept to his book. He gave a few chuckles a few big grins when he thought of something we would find funny.

shinigamikitsune

Alestra sighed at the man's actions. Seriously, coming in to a magic shop just to get your daily kicks, that was rather childish and disrespectful. She pushed the man out of her mind for the moment, when Drathe questioned her about why there were so many different scents for the salves they were looking at.

"Not everybody likes the same scent, so they try to make a variety so that it will appeal to a broader market. Of course, this also means that a part of the quality is either lowered or raised, depending on the ingredients used to attain the desired scent... though nothing too great that would cause for a faulty product." She said softly to the dragon as she held up another jar for him to smell. She didn't care what scent was picked, just as long as it didn't leave Drathe smelling like a dead animal.

She glanced back over to the young heir, slightly surprised to see that his guards had left him. She wondered where they could have gone, and glanced around to see if they were perhaps elsewhere in the store.

Anonymous

Dalmon found the book intresting. "So this is how the other side trains. Maybe I owe the brat a talking to see if she does all this." He still found it stilly to stand in the back and fire bolts of ice but, it was still growing on him slowly, very slowly.

Dalmon looked up so he did not strain his eyes. He saw a elf he thought she looked like a figure maybe he saw her asking for something,the faces molded together.
He strided over to her with a extended hand.

"Hello milady it is a pleasure is this your shop?" He took his left hand and placed it towards the dragon. "A beautiful specimen of as dragon if I have seen one."

shinigamikitsune

Her opinion of this man had fallen down a couple more notches. Seriously, did she look as though she was a humble shop keeper? Alestra had at least given the man the benefit of the doubt that he'd be able to recognize a fellow combatant.

Drathe, however, was finding this to be very amusing, and he snickered lightly on his foster parent's shoulder. Alestra gave the small dragon a withering look, then turned her attention to the man. She needed to focus now, after all, even if he was a fool, he was still the heir to the province.

"I'm afraid that you are mistaken, this is not my shop." She offered a smile, then poked Drathe in the tummy. "Thank you, he is an adorable little dragon, even if he is a brat of a wyrmling." Seeing this as a chance to gain a little more information on the man's character, she decided to play along some for the moment.

"I may not be the keeper of this shop, but perhaps I might be able to help you with something?" She motioned to the book he was hold, "Are you a beginner, or might that possibly be a gift for another?"

Anonymous

(Sorry buisness swept me away as we speak this is on my phone so please exuse a few mispellings.)

" Myself no although I am looking for some sort of item."He placed the book on a low shelf know a child would look for such a book." is there a way to make magic stronger less free falling and more of a straight power. Mainly fire it's for a... Magic bearing friend."He muttered about someone oweing him for this.

"You see she controls fire but all she can do is put it on a blade. I want to find a more battle useful over beauty." He drew his eyes to the dress a dress thy reminded him of something safe. He coughed. " My apoliegies  Mage knight I did not notice your armor. My dearest apoliegies for my men and even my own actions." He gave his hand to the women. " Dalmon Killdarie I hope you have lost all fate in my valor as a gentelman I just get a tad how you say in the moment."

shinigamikitsune

She found it a little amusing that the man was back-peddling some from his earlier behavior. Accepting his hand, she smiled softly. "It is an honor to meet you Dalmon Killdarie, I am Alestra Oussea-Rae, Cavalry Commander."

Not only was she a Mage Knight, but she was the Mage Knight of Serendipity. Her reputation for battle was a fierce one. She wasn't just one of those mages that sat at the back of the line and flung spells from there. She was the type to get right up in the thick of it, never too far from her Lord Knight.

"Fire is one of the hardest of the elements to control, and generally isn't considered one that can be used to enhance others... except when enchanting a sword to blaze with fire, giving the wielder to add extra damage, or enchanting other items that the wielder can invoke, with the activation word.  It's truly a destructive force when used in combat." Many people seemed to forget just how volatile it could be, and there were many times that the younger fire mages under her command needed medical attention due to a spell backfiring on them.

She thought for a moment about what book would best suited for this person. "I don't suppose you can tell me her skill level with fire, and whether she invokes other elements as well?"

Anonymous

" She isn't the worst Mage but fire is all she can wield. Mother always sa-" he cut himself short and went to a new frame of mind. "Commander you don't say why didn't you come to the estate father would love to meet you."

He gave her a smile as his face lit when his guards came in whores on arms. "Umm sir do you need anything?"Dalmon turned with a draw of his sword he mockingly slit his throat. " No no the bandits got me and killed me." The guards haunched over solemly,as if dogs. Dalmon walked to his guard and friend Haron dropping a coin purse with silver inside. " Stay safe my friend dismissed!"

With a salute he walked back over to the elf. " All work and no play makes a mindless soilder." he chuckled as he slid the blade back to it's home. " So other then makeing my day a intresting meeting. What buisness do you have in our little slice of paradise."

shinigamikitsune

Alestra wasn't sure what to think about this man, especially after the interaction between him and his men. Though they did seem to be loyal to him, and happy. She knew that was important when it came down to it. A person could have the best trained soldiers around, but if they weren't happy, then they were less likely to put effort and pride into their actions.

"I was out this way on orders, an inspection. However, I have completed my task, and find myself with a couple days of free time." She's already sent the rest of her personal unit back to Arca, giving them a couple days off as well.

The plan had been that she would head back later this afternoon, but now that Dalmon had asked why she didn't make a stop at their estate, she knew that she wasn't going to be able to leave when she wanted to.

Anonymous

"Well it's a pleasure to have such a high rank in our shops. Please I insist there is no need for you to sleep in a crowded inn we have a stock of open rooms." He went into thought. "Do you have to report back soon? I wouldn't want you in trouble with who you listen to." He bit his gloved hand. "I'd love to pick your brain on some politics if you could stay and didn't mind."

Dalmon's head swirled a commander of Serendipity oh he felt as giddy as a boy in a sweet shop. But, he must play the suave leader his father wants him to be. Dalmon bowed returning up he said. "It would be my honor as Hier to Tirial to have you as a guest, commander.

shinigamikitsune

Alestra knew this would happen, once this boy knew who she was. It was unavoidable though, since she wasn't going to lie about who she was. She gave him a polite smile, amused by the behaviors that he was exhibiting, many of them child-like, though not entirely immature. This one seemed to still have some of his innocence left. Not like many of the older nobles, who seemed set on try to further themselves, or their houses.

"I do not have to report back to the Lord Knight Commander for a few days, so do not worry about such things. It would be an honor, Hier of Tirial, to be your guest." She was not about to turn the man down. She would admit that she hadn't been looking forward to spending another night at an inn. Plus it could be seen as rude, or even an insult if she turned down this man's offer when she didn't have to leave right away. It would also give her a chance to learn more about Dalman, and assess what kind of man he truly was.

Anonymous

The man smiled and gave a light chuckle. "Wonderful,wonderful." He walked over to the window and peaked otside the daily crowd had slowed and it was barely a trickle. "Yes,well whenever you are ready to go we can head off.Take your time we are on no one's time." Dalmon went to the nearest chair and sat down. Well it looks like another day is another chance to learn something. ((Sorry for shortness it was a bump to move it along.))

shinigamikitsune

Alestra nodded, then turned her attention back to Drathe for the moment. The little dragon had become board with the formality between his foster parent and the heir. So he'd been looking around the shop from his perch.

"Have you picked out a scent yet, Drathe?" She asked the young wyrmling. He paused, and looked back down at the salves, tilting his head as he re-guarded the containers, and sniffing a little. Finally he decided. ~The pink one~ he purred in his language. Alestra nodded, then picked that container it. It happened to smell like wild roses. Moving to the sales counter, she paid the clerk for her item, and waited for him to wrap it up.

Once done, she returned to Dalmon. "I have finished with my errands for today. We can leave whenever you are ready. My horse is just out front."

Anonymous

Dalmon smiled and picked himself out of the chair. "Wonderful, we should be off I feel you will be welcomed openly." He opened the door to see where the stead stood. "A beautiful horse indeed." Dalmon felt silly for in his romp around the town he never even noticed the creature. "A shame I didn't bring a horse it would have made this much easier." Dalmon never liked to ride much he chose to walk mostly everywhere  even into battle he liked to be mixed in with his footmen. He didn't trust his skills on a horse to on foot. ((Sorry for the wait again.))

shinigamikitsune

Standing next to the large black draft horse, Alestra seemed rather small in comparison. It made a person wonder just how could somebody of her size could handle such an animal. "Shades of Night is the best mount I've ever had," she said as she untethered him, taking the reigns up. The little dragon on her shoulder hopped onto the horse's back and settled down in his usual spot.

"Never underestimate the importance of a good horse," she said softly. Reaching into a pouch that was on the saddle bags, she brought out a handful of oats as a treat for Shades having waited for them. Then she started to walk in the direction that she knew the Lord's castle was, knowing that Dalmon would keep up to her.