Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Getting to Know You [Rhi!]

Started by Anonymous, December 11, 2010, 06:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Damayanti was starting to think that these men were not very nice. They kept saying they were going to do all sorts of things to her, including killing her. And while the golem was servile by nature, she did have a strong self preservation instinct. She really didn't understand why they wanted to do this to her, she had gone with them like they had asked!

Earlier in the day, the girl had been in the village at the base of the mountains, wandering the streets. She liked new places and new people and was so tired of being all alone. That was when she had met the three men and they had suggested she go into the woods with them.

Not seeing a problem, she followed after them, going deeper and deeper into the mountains. And now she had her back to a tree, swinging a stick at the men, not wanting to hurt them if she didn't have too, "Go away please! I can't let you kill me! Stop!"

Rhindeer

Sorin tied his blond hair back in a loose ponytail and splashed his face with cool stream water to wake himself up. It was a slow day today, and Cadmus had left to go hunting or...whatever it was the gryphon did whenever he went off, so it was a boring day, too. No one to bother. No way to entertain himself. Just...sit around and watch the camp and wait for his partner to return with the spoils.

He yawned, then filled his cupped hands with water again so he could drink--but the water never reached his mouth. He thought he heard something and froze, straining to listen. Hmm...it had almost sounded like a person, or persons, but maybe it had just been his imagi--there it was again! A female voice, sounding frantic though he couldn't quite make out more than 'stop!'

Jerking to his feet, he scooped up his sword and baldric and slung it over his shoulder, then took off in that direction at a jog, the sounds growing louder. The hell was going on? As he grew closer, he started to make out male voices, mixing with the female one, and he picked up his pace and reached for his sword.

The scene he burst into was...almost comically pathetic.

A small girl was waving a stick at three big men, who were laughing and taunting her as they closed in, clearly not frightened, though they were sadistically humoring her--or had been. The laughter was wearing off, jaws setting as they grew bored and prepared to get down to business. One man, a rotund red-head, finally lunged forward and grabbed the end of the stick, snapping it.

That was when Sorin stepped into the open and drew his sword with a metallic hiss. "Not another step!" he barked, holding the sword level with the red-head's torso and moving cautiously forward, toward the girl. "Not if you know what's good for you."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

When the redhead lunged forward, Damayanti squealed as the stick was broken. She could take him and his companions easily, but she hated using violence unless forced too. But she also didn't want them to hurt her.

Then another man arrived. But he was a nice one! Damayanti gave him a bright smile, still waving the snapped stick at the men, despite how ridiculous of a weapon it was, "Um...um...are you here to help? Please help me sir."

The other two men shifted into fighting stances, hands going to their swords, "Hey. Piss off. We found her first!"

Damayanti frowned, processing that, "Um, yes. But I don't like you very much. You touched me!"

Rhindeer

Sorin smiled pleasantly, though it didn't reach his eyes. "So? You heard the little lady. She doesn't like you," he said. "So if I were you, I'd kindly go fuck yourself."

They came at him, then, clearly thinking him easy, just an annoyance they could quickly deal with. He was just one man, alone in the mountains, and there were three of them. Easy enough, right?

Except he had something they didn't: training. While they had numbers, and while at least two of them were larger, they were off balance and handled their swords only slightly better than children at play, which probably suited them fine when they were up against others of their ilk. Two of them charged him first, the red-head staying behind to deal with the girl, and Sorin flowed between them, blade whirling as he dodged their blows and delivered his own. The two went down, wounded but alive, and he closed in on the third just as he moved to snag the girl.

Sorin cracked the pommel of his sword against the man's skull and he dropped like a sack of rocks.

Wasting no time, Sorin sheathed his blade and grabbed the girl's arm, tugging her after him. "C'mon!" he said. There was no telling how long those men would stay down, or if they'd even be getting back up. Sorin didn't care, but he also didn't care to find out.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Still clutching the useless and shattered stick, Damayanti stared wide-eyed as the blond man took care of the bandits. She had never seen sword play like that before and it was beautiful, like some dance. When the red-haired bandit came at her, she squealed, retreating again, swinging the stick, "Please stop. I told you I can't let you hurt me."

Without direct orders from her master, which she was currently without, Damayanti wouldn't let people hurt her. It was part of the programing woven into the very fabric of her existence.

But she needn't have worried, because the blond man had saved her again, downing the red head and grabbing her arm. "Oh! Yes!" Dropping the stick finally, Damayanti used her free hand to grab her skirts, lifting them so she could run easier.

Once they had gone some distance, the men far behind them, Damayanti risked a smile up at the man, "Um...thank you! For saving me. They said they wanted to show me something in the woods and that I should go with them. But, um, I don't really like what they wanted to show me."

Rhindeer

...Oh dear.

Sorin had slowed to a walk now that they were out of harm's way, but that announcement had him stop completely and just stare at the girl. Was she serious? Either the girl was a lot younger than she looked--and while she looked mature, some girls did develop faster--or she was just that naive and sheltered.

"That so...?" he finally said, eyebrow arched. His camp was a bit far from here, now, in the opposite direction nearer to the men, but he didn't plan on heading back that way until he'd given them time to leave. So instead, he lead the girl further into the forest, finding the stream again and following it until he found a nice, sandy bank with some larger boulders scattered about.

"Well, good. You should be more careful. Men like those are nothing but bad news, and you should never go off with strangers like that. Uh, excepting strangers that help you, of course. It's dangerous. Most women your age know that." Glancing over at her, he added, "Oh, right, I should probably make myself not a stranger. I'm Sorin, and you're...?"

Anonymous

Damayanti cheerfully followed after Sorin, glad to have a companion around. He seemed much nicer than the men, and he had saved her. That was rapidly making him her new master. She hated not having one, she was designed to serve, to devote her time and attention on a man.

Sorin's comment had her tilt her head, slightly puzzled, "But they asked me too. I'm supposed to obey and I didn't have any orders telling me not to." She smiled up at him, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, "I wont anymore master."

Sadly, Damayanti's creator hadn't prioritized intelligence in his creation and as a result, Damayanti was a little slow absorbing things, but she did her best and despite her creator's wishes, she had a hunger to learn.

Rhindeer

Sorin blinked in confusion, staring blankly at the girl. "Master?" he said, and looked around him as though looking for another speaker, but there was only the two of them.

Looking back at the girl, brow furrowed in confusion, he asked, "Are you referring to me?"

Anonymous

Damayanti nodded eagerly, smiling up at the man, "Yes. You are my new Master!" He was nice and friendly and Damayanti needed one. It made her uncomfortable when she didn't have a Master. Fidgeting, she watched his face, "Is that not alright? Do you not want me?"

Rhindeer

Still staring at the girl, who was apparently crazy on top of extraordinarily naive (though perhaps this 'master' thing explained the naivete), Sorin took a seat on one of the boulders and tilted his head up at her. He...was her new master? O...kay. He had no idea how that had happened, but y'know what? No. No, he just wasn't going to question it too deeply.

The girl was rather pretty, and obviously didn't have a clue about the world. If she was that dependent, a slave that simply knew no better from the sounds of it, then could she even function without one? And he could think of a lot of uses for a slave right off the top off his head.

Frankly, he'd have to be insane to say no to a gorgeous girl that was had decided he was her master. Insane, or dreaming.

Finally, he managed to find his voice, having been stunned into silence as he waited for the 'just kidding'. "Hm? Uh, no. No, I do want you. I suppose I'm just--" A little confused and torn since this was too bloody random? He rubbed a hand over his face. "What happened to your old master? Are you a slave? More importantly, are you serious?"

Anonymous

"Slave? No." Damayanti shook her head, "My old master died. And I haven't been able to find a new one yet. Is that a problem?" Her expression was a little puzzled, head tilting to the side as she studied Sorin, "Of course I'm serious. Why wouldn't I be?"

She then gasped, eyes widening as she remembered something, "Oh! I'm so sorry! You asked my name and I never told you. My name is Damayanti. It is a pleasure to meet you master."

Rhindeer

"What? No. No problem, just--oh, you are serious. Well, uh." Yeah, this wasn't a situation one often found themselves in. "Well, Dama...Dama..."

He frowned and cleared his throat and waved his hand. "Well, you. I suppose if you need a master--and since you've informed me of my new role as such--then I'd be happy to fulfill your wish. It would be such a pity for a dame like you to be all alone with no direction. As you're well aware, there are a lot of truly terrible people out in the world."

Anonymous

"Damayanti sir." Smiling up at the man, Damayanti felt like a weight was lifted off her. She had a master and all was right in the world now. It was just uncomfortable when she didn't have one, she didn't know what she should be doing!

"What can I do for you first Master?"

Rhindeer

Sorin eyed the girl thoughtfully, then glanced skyward. It was late afternoon, but he'd prefer not to spend another night out in the woods, camping out. Surely this girl had to come from somewhere? She didn't look the sort that would have been sleeping out here in the leaves.

"Well, for starters, you can tell me where you came from. Is there a village nearby?" he asked, standing and drawing his sword. He walked to the steam's edge, knelt, and started to clean his sword, washing the dried blood off of the blade and drying it with his shirt. "If so, I want you to take me there."

Anonymous

"Oh yes. There is a village not far from here!" Damayanti nodded, thrilled she was able to help her new Master already. Squatting next to him, she held out a hand, "Would you like me to clean that for you Master?"

Rhindeer

"What?" Sorin looked at her, then at the sword, and tilted it away from her. "No, it's quite alright. You'll just cut yourself."

As far as slaves went, she looked the dainty sort. Soft, pretty, most likely a house slave or a bed slave, perhaps both--and he was quite interested in seeing how she performed as the latter. In other words, she didn't seem to have much value beyond that, so the last thing he needed was her handling something as precious as his brother's sword, much less injuring herself on it because she didn't know the flat side from the freshly sharpened edge.

When he was finished, he sheathed the blade, patted his hands dry on his breeches, and turned his attention back to her. "Now, about this village...where did you say it was again?"

Anonymous

"Oh, I'm good with swords. I wont cut myself." She didn't really know why she knew all about cleaning and handling them, but she did. Just all made sense to her.

At Sorin's question, she took a moment, looking around to get her bearings then pointed in the direction of the village, "It's maybe a 20 minute walk that way. Would you like me to take you?" She cocked her head to the side, curious. She wasn't sure the best way to please her new master yet and wanted to do well.

Rhindeer

"Eh? You're familiar with swords?" Sorin asked, blinking in surprise. She sure didn't look the type that would be, but huh. What kind of slave had she been, anyway?

Rising to his feet, he brushed the mud off of his knees. "Tell ya what, why don'tcha take me to this town and tell me whatcha know about swords along the way, alright?"

Anonymous

"Yes, I think so." She hadn't actually handled one before, but she was pretty sure she had the idea of it down. She smiled brightly, bobbing into a small curtsy, "Yes master!"

Heading through the forest, she had a perfect sense of direction, "I know how to care for them and clean them. I don't know how to fight with one though. I know how to sharpen and oil one. How to take them apart and redo the guard and hilt. Is that alright?"

Rhindeer

Sorin's eyebrows climbed. "You know all that? Damn, yeah, that's...that's sufficient. Besides, the last thing a pretty girl like you should be thinking of is fighting."

They'd reached an old, dusty road in the woods and Sorin kept pace with the girl, watching her curiously. "How'd you come by that knowledge, anyway?"