Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Over the hills and far away! [Thief and Rina!]

Started by Rhindeer, January 07, 2011, 12:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Ha!" Adelaide scoffed at Beatrid, tossing her curls so they fell back across her shoulder to hang down her back, "Don't take me lightly. I might not be used to this...this..." She glanced down at her ale, then downed the rest of it, pulling a face as she smacked it down, "Gah! But! I do happen to be a lady. Which means I have to be able to drink quite a lot of wine and not make a fool of myself at parties."

Plus, she was built with plenty of extra weight. She didn't mention that outloud, on the eternally hopefully and unrealistic hope that Beatrid wouldn't notice it. Because chunky girls didn't really look good in the gauzy, romantic dresses appropriate for the sorts of adventures that Beatrid would be the hero in.

Snagging her mug from the barmaid, Adelaide huffed, "Don't underestimate a lady."

Thief

Jack re-entered the tavern and quickly found an empty spot by the window. He gazed out into the night air, and thought of finding a nice spot to sit on the roof tonight. Maybe some stargazing would help him relax. As the barmaid passed, he asked her to bring him some tea. He then noticed the weird look she gave him as she walked away. Perhaps very few people ordered something that was non-alcoholic.

Jacked looked around and noticed that the traveling girl and her bodyguard were at the table nearest to him. The way they gulped down the ale, they must surely have been enjoying themselves. It made him happy to know that they had not let his interruption interfere with their fun.

He turned back to the window and noticed his reflection. His eyes appeared to have returned to their original blue color. It was a small bit of good news, and he would definitely take it. He saw the barmaid approach with his drink out of the corner of his eye and thought, That should help calm my nerves. He turned when she reached his table, and said, "Thank you very much," as she set the cup in front of him.

Rhindeer

Beatrid grinned and took her own tankard from the barmaid. "Heh, that wasn't an underestimation, m'lady," she said coolly, taking a large gulp. "That was an educated guess." And then she took a deep breath and chugged the rest down. "Bet the wine you had was some foppish, watered down stuff that's mostly grape juice. You're playing with the big kids now, kiddo."

Somehow, she managed to keep from slurring too much even though her tongue was starting to feel all leaden with the beginnings of a nice, solid buzz. Three servings of ale in fast succession on an empty stomach? Not the best idea. But oh well! She'd deal with the consequences later, because she was not about to be outdone.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"It was not. It's not the cheap....trash you are used too." Adelaide giggled, feeling the ale hit. She might be used to drinking, but not chugging bad ale on an empty stomach. This should be interesting.

Smiling, she leaned against Beatrid as she swallowed more of her ale. She had to chug this one a little slower, mostly because she wasn't used to chugging. She was not going down without a fight! Giggling again, Adelaide poked Beatrid's side, "You...um...you shouldundt this will be an easy wine! Win!"

Thief

The whole place seemed to be having a great time. If only there was music playing, it would be like a party. Taking a sip of his drink, he made a mental note. He had to remember to find some kind of small instrument he could carry with him. It would make life much more enjoyable.

He finished his drink enjoying the sound of the people around him. Laughter did for happiness what a cough did for a cold, it spread through the place person to person. Despite the joyful atmosphere, Jack had decided that stargazing did sound wonderful. He stood and began to cross the room towards the stairs.

Rhindeer

"Yeah, so it was some fancy shit. Right? Like I said, grape juice. Ya fancy folk, they don't wantcha gettin' all drunk and messin' yourselves, 'ppearances and all, so it's grape juice with just a li'l alcohol. Girlie fop stuff." Beatrid was just talking out of her ass, but at the moment it made perfect logical sense. "'Sides, since I drink the bad shit more, I got a tolerance, see. You don't got it."

Whoo, okay, so maybe she was further along than she'd thought she was. Laughing, she swatted Adelaide's hand away and grabbed her latest mug of ale, taking a large gulp--but not chugging it with nearly as much gusto as the previous servings.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"You...you have no idea whatcher talkin' about." Adelaide swayed slightly and swung her arm back to gesture when she smacked it into someone. With a gasp, she twisted, trying to see who she had just smacked and sloped beer all over, "Oh! 'M so sorry!"

She felt her cheeks heat up when she realized it was the man Beatrid had insulted earlier. Scrambling to her feet, she pulled a handkerchief out of her sleeve and dabbed at the beer on his chest, "Ooooo. I'm sorry. I can't believe I did that!"

Thief

The pleasant atmosphere had gotten to him. With his guard down, he was taken completely by surprise at the mug that struck him in the chest. It was one of the ladies from earlier, and she was now trying desperately to dry his shirt with a thin handkerchief.

Thankful that none of the drink had splashed into his face, he gave his best smile. Considering his improved mood, it was pretty close to genuine. He placed his hand on hers to stop her, "It's quite alright, really. No need to worry about it."

Anonymous

"No no. I am show sorry." Adelaide's cheeks were flushing darker now, hands stilled against his chest, "It was ver...very rude. Please, let me make it up to you."

She glanced around, the room moving slightly, "Maybe I can get you a drink or...um...um...something?"

Thief

He was not normally a social person, but with the girl's pretty, bluish-gray eyes starring at him as she waited for his answer, he could not possibly decline the offer. "I suppose I could sit for a drink, if you don't mind of course."

Anonymous

"No, no, please! Sit!" Good manners were always important, even when quite buzzed. Adelaide felt slightly embarrassed that she was about to have to admit to being in a drinking contest when her stubborn nature came riding to the rescue.

They were in a tavern on an adventure. This was practically required! And it was a bonding experience! Taking her seat, Adelaide grabbed her mug, laughing slightly as she almost missed it, finger poking Beatrid in the chest, "Don't think for a moment that you get out of this. I shall still beat you."

Rhindeer

Beatrid swatted lightly at Adelaide's finger, giggling. Giggling. God, but she sounded stupid but she just didn't give a shit right then! "Yer already on yer way ta loshin'," she slurred, taking another gulp of ale.

How many tankards had that been now? She'd lost count and couldn't care less! All that mattered was she felt happy right now. Everything felt right in the world, if a little...shaky. The world kept moving long after she'd stopped and she kept misjudging the distance between her mouth and her mug, hitting it against her teeth several times.

Grinning wickedly over at the man from earlier, she motioned at him with her tankard. "You. Ya man 'nuff ta join ush, eh?"

Thief

Jack thought about it for a moment. They were already a bit drunk, and it did seem a bit unfair to join in now. However, drinking was never really his game to begin with. He decided to just go with it, maybe even enjoy himself a bit.

"I'm in," he said as he pulled up a tankard of ale, "just don't expect too much." With a wink, he downed most of it in one long chug. It was by far, the most foul thing he had the displeasure of tasting in a long time, but taste was not the reason people drank the stuff.

Anonymous

She giggled! It was the sweetest sound Adelaide had ever heard. Beaming up at Beatrid, the pudgy noble leaned closer to Beatrid, gazing up at her with adoring eyes, "You are much nicer when you loosen up a little." Taking another long swig of her ale, she let out her own giggle, "I wouldn't mind if you wanted to loosen up a little more."

When Jack sat, she gave another giggle, "Well, you better catch up. I am a lady you see. And I am not about to loosh."

Thief

It was true, her guard was nice when she relaxed a bit. If only all guards were as easy to deal with. He would carry a flask with him everywhere if that was all he needed.

Though he did not expect to win, there was no sense in proclaiming defeat just yet. "Well milady, I won't make it easy for you." He quickly finished the ale he had left. Hopefully he would be able to walk after this.

((Sorry for the wait.))

Anonymous

That just got another laugh from Adelaide. Everything was just so funny! She tilted her head back, draining the mug and smacking it down, before giving a loud belch. As soon as it finished, her cheeks went even redder, "Oh! Excuse me! I'm so embarrasshed!"

Rhindeer

Adelaide belched, and Beatrid burst out laughing, shoulders shaking with mirth. She gave the girl a hearty clap on the back and ruffled her hair playfully. "Ahaha, good one! Betcha I can do better," she said, before taking another swig of ale and letting out a chest-rattling belch of her own, drawing it out for as long as she could.

Thief

That is one contest Jack would not be participating in. He simply smiled and grabbed his second drink, starting on it right away. After a moment, he sat the empty container down and gave the two a quick wink. "You ladies keep that up, and I'll catch up in no time."

Anonymous

"Oh no! I couldn't!" Adelaide put a hand to her flushed cheek. Though Beatrid's belch had gotten a few giggles out of her. Everything was just so funny!

Blinking down at her empty mug, she realized she needed more. Looking back at Beatrid, she swayed slightly and put her hand on the other woman's thigh to steady herself, "I'm out!"

Rhindeer

"Outta the game or outta ale?" Beatrid teased, already quite sloshed herself. She hardly even noticed the hand on her thigh--or rather, she noticed, but she didn't care. "'Cause I think ya should quit while yer ahead! Both of ya!"