Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Over the hills and far away! [Thief and Rina!]

Started by Rhindeer, January 07, 2011, 12:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Otta ale!" Adelaide slurred a little, leaning against Beatrid, gazing up at her, "You have the prettiest eyes you know. Bu-but don't think your good looks will let you win this! 'M gonna kick your butt!"

Thief

Jack set his drink down, a bit worried about his competitors. They were beginning to look as though they might have had a bit too much. "You two sure you're still good? If you pass out down here, the barkeep will probably have you tossed out the back. It'd be a shame to waste a room you've already paid for." He picked his drink back up and downed what was left. With a quick wink, he added, "There's no shame in a tactical retreat."

Rhindeer

"'M fiiine!" Beatrid said, waving her hand at Jack, though she was far from fine. She was wasted. "Ain't gonna let some prissy noble beat me at--"

She stopped abruptly, the wheels in her head slowly turning, and then let out a snarled, "Fuuuck," and rose to her feet unsteadily, nearly knocking over Adelaide in the process. She had to grip the side of the table to keep her balance. "I gotta piss like a horse."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Adelaide gave a squeal when Beatrid suddenly stood up, losing her support and she flailed, only just managing to keep seated by grabbing onto the table. She glared up at Beatrid, "Dat is not how you treat a lady!"

She turned her affronted attention to Thief, "She's retreating! I win, right?"

Thief

Jack found it a bit amusing, he could not help but laugh. Hopefully it would not be taken the wrong way. He was actually enjoying their company, something very rare for him.

"I don't know... I suppose you're only disqualified if you're unable to continue. Give up or pass out, and you're done."

He turned his attention to Beatrid, and said, "You go ahead." With a wink at Adelaide, he added, "The two of us will just build up a better lead while you're gone." He drank from his nearly empty container. "I'm almost ready for a refill anyway."

Rhindeer

"Augh! But if I go now I'll never stop," Beatrid groaned, practically squirming in place. "Ansgar's cock, but how aren'tcha guys ready to explode?"

Unfortunately, the call of nature was stronger even than Beatrid's iron will and desire to win. With a loud string of curses, she staggered away from the table, knocked into several other patrons along the way, and headed out of the room to seek out the nearest latrine.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"I am a lady!" Adelaide was still trying to hold her bladder so she could pee later. She sighed as Beatrid left, pouting down at her mug. Beatrid wasn't noticing her at all! It was all so unfair! But Beatrid was so noble and brave and magnificent! It was to be expected she might not notice Adelaide right away.

She lifted her head and gave Jack the full effect of her pout, "It's because I'm not pretty enough, isn't it?"

Thief

There were those big, blue-gray eyes again. Jack did not know why she was so worried about her looks, deciding it was the alcohol, but he had to do something to cheer her up. "You are pretty, milady. Don't let the drinks get the best of you." He gave her a somewhat genuine smile, wishing her guard would return to change the subject.

Anonymous

"Then why didn't she notice!" Adelaide threw herself against Jack's chest, sobbing into his shoulder, "N-nothing I do works!"

All the copious alcohol she had was affecting her hard, her normally cheerful mood was getting hit by self doubt and her loud sobs were drawing a few eyes around the tavern.

Thief

Suddenly, she was leaning into his chest, tears running down onto his shoulder. Though it was a bit awkward, at least now he knew what she meant. Jack steadied himself in his chair. "What if she has noticed? What if she is just too shy to make the first move? Perhaps you should tell her how you feel." Jack was no expert on the subject, but women did like confidence. It could not hurt her chances to just come out and say it, though waiting could leave her with no chance at all.

Anonymous

"Beatrid? Shy?" Adelaide shook her head, sniffling, "She isn't. She just doesn't want me. What if she doesn't like women? She has to like them! She's perfect! She's so beautiful!" Adelaide clung tighter to Jack, sobbing loudly now.

Thief

"Everyone gets nervous. Some just hide it better than others." Jack looked up to see if she was on her way back or not. There was still no sign of her. "Don't worry. She'll eventually work up the nerve to say something." This was one more reason Jack did not drink, he could not afford to lose control.

Rhindeer

That was when Beatrid finally returned. She was staggering as she walked and she nearly tripped over several people along the way and jostled even more. "Ahaha, man, ya guys wouldn't believe how much I--"

She cut off abruptly and came to a stop, staring at the scene that awaited her: Adelaide clinging to Jack, tears streaming down her face while the man awkwardly consoled her. Annoyance spiked within her unexpectedly and she frowned at the pair, one hand on her hip. "Am I interrupting somethin'?"

Anonymous

Adelaide jerked back from Jack, hands brushing away her tears and tried to clean up her face, "Oh! No! Not at all!" She gave a small laugh, "I think you were telling us about how we wouldn't believe something?"

Thief

Jack picked up his drink and took another swig, glad Beatrid had returned and ended that uncomfortable situation. Hopefully Adelaide would work up the courage to tell Beatrid how she felt, but Jack doubted it would be tonight. She seemed to have it set in her mind that Beatrid was not interested in her. Maybe she would see otherwise when she was sober again.

Rhindeer

"I was?" Beatrid blinked. If she'd been about to say something, she'd long forgotten it, and at the moment she was far more distracted by the fact that, oh, Adelaide had been clinging to Jack in obvious, tearful distress.

She flashed Jack a puzzled look and then looked back to Adelaide. "What's goin' on?"

Anonymous

"Nothing!" Adelaide swayed slightly, still very drunk. She waved a hand, almost smacking into someone, "You were...um...there was...am I winning? Did I win the contest? I think I did! Because you left!"

Thief

Jack looked up. "I don't know that you won, seeing as I'm still sitting here." He drank more from his tankard. He did not intend to win, but he had not given up just yet. As for Beatrid, he would let the two of them decide whether or not the guard was disqualified.

Anonymous

"Oh. Well. Damn." Adelaide frowned, looking over at his mug, "Well, you need to drink more then!"

Rhindeer

"Yeah, yeah, only 'cause I let ya win," Beatrid said. "Anyway, pissin' breaks don't count."