Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Over the hills and far away! [Thief and Rina!]

Started by Rhindeer, January 07, 2011, 12:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"I...well, they should count." Adelaide laughed suddenly, swaying slightly, "I have never heard anyone talk quite like you!"

Thief

Jack sat quietly, finishing his drink. He decided not to interrupt their conversation, hoping Adelaide would find a way to tell Beatrid how she felt. He doubted it would happen tonight though, the girl was a bit too nervous for it. He hoped that it would work out eventually.

Rhindeer

"Ooh, whoa, I think you're done," Beatrid said, reaching out to steady Adelaide as she swayed.

And truth be told, she was done, too. She was already quite drunk and any more and she'd be unable to function in the morning. As it was, she wasn't so sure that she'd be able to make it up the stairs.

"Think it's bed time for ya now."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Adelaide brightened up at that, the drink making her head fuzzy, "Oh! You're taking me to bed? Finally!"

The girl stood a little too quickly and the room spun. Stumbling, she hit her legs against the bench and ended up in a heap on the floor, laughing loudly.

Thief

Jack had just finished the last of his drink when Adelaide started to sway. When she fell, he was on his feet just a bit too slow to catch her. Fortunately, she was not hurt, and even started laughing. Relieved, Jack stepped over next to her. "It looks like you're done." He offered his hand to help her up, and planned on helping Beatrid get her up to their room.

Rhindeer

Beatrid laughed and offered her own hand. Between she and Jack, they should be able to get the girl onto her feet.

"Ahaha. This stays between the three of us, yeah?" she said with a grin. Jack didn't know who Adelaide was, so that was directed more toward the girl. The last thing she wanted was for Adelaide's family to learn that the noblewoman--the ambassador!--they'd entrusted to her--a Connlaothian Mordecai and the very image of responsibility and respectability!--was, you know...getting drunk off her ass and behaving so.

Beatrid saw no point in being stuffy about everything, but there were some things Adelaide's family was better off not knowing.

"Up ya go. C'mon. On your feet, soldier!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Adelaide laughed again, clinging to both of them and stumbling a little as they helped her up. She couldn't remember if she had ever been this drunk before and it was lovely!, "'M not a solider. I'm the princess, see. And you are the beautiful knight!"

She beamed at Beatrid, arms still gripping Jack and the Mordecai to keep on her feet.

Rhindeer

"Ah...right."

Another time, and Beatrid would have simply scooped the girl up into her arms and carried her up the stairs and into bed. But right then, with her own vision quavery and her balance awful, that would have only ended in tragedy for all of them.

Instead, she pulled Adelaide along after her as she started for the stairs. "Well, this princess has gotta act like one and go to sleep! That's how it goes in all the stories, y'know."

Anonymous

"Oh? Oh! Does that mean you'll wake me with a kiss? I hope so!" Adelaide giggled, then gave Jack a wink that she assumed was subtle and conspiratorial. She stumbled a little, swaying as they went up the stairs. She almost never drank this much and it was all starting to hit now.

Thief

Jack pretended not to notice the wink, and focused solely on making sure she was balanced. "We're almost to the top of the stairs Miss Adelaide, then we just have to make it to your door. Just lean on me if you lose your balance." Beatrid had been drinking just as much, and he was trying to make sure Miss Adelaide did not sway too far to her side, or else they all might end up falling back down the stairs.

Rhindeer

Yeeeah, better get the girl to bed fast because she was gone and obviously had no idea what she was talking about. In fact, she was probably talking to Jack, because there was no way she could be talking to her. In fact, she'd even winked at Jack! Yeah, she had no idea what she was saying...and all the more reason to see her to sleep before she did something she regretted! Not that Jack really seemed the sort that would take advantage of an inebriated women.

In fact, he'd been rather gentlemanly through this whole ordeal.

Somehow, they made it to the stop of the stairs without any broken necks. Beatrid pat Adelaide on the arm. "Almost there. Uh...yeah. Just this way. Hey, thanks Jack, buddy, you're pretty alright, y'know."

Anonymous

Adelaide nodded, clinging to Beatrid, "Oh yes! You are such a good friend!" She then shook her head, "Oh. I don't feel so good..."

Thief

"You too," Jack replied to Beatrid, but then Adelaide said something about not feeling well. "Which door is yours? I'll get it for you." Jack stepped ahead to open whichever door she indicated.

Rhindeer

Beatrid blanched and tightened her grip on Adelaide, nodding to the door to their room. "Er...there should be a chamber pot under the bed. Might wanna grab it..."

Anonymous

"No, I'm fin-" Adelaide was cut off when she felt her stomach churn. She clamped her mouth shut and stumbled toward the bed, wanting to get to the chamber pot before she puked everywhere.

Thief

Jack had the door open quickly, and was pulling the chamber pot out just in time. "Here you go Miss Adelaide."  He thrust it into Adelaide's hands as she stumbled up to the bed.

Anonymous

Adelaide just leaned over, vomiting into the pot, her long hair falling onto the floor around her. She threw up a few more times, emptying her belly of the rest of the ale before curling onto her side, head swimming.

Rhindeer

Beatrid grimaced and waited until Adelaide was done vomiting before she fetched her a wet cloth and knelt beside her. "Here," she said, dabbing at her face with it to clean any mess.

"Let's get ya cleaned up and into bed, huh? I think you've had way too much fun tonight."

And Ansgar help her, she hoped this incident stayed here. The last thing she needed Adelaide's parents knowing was that she'd let--no, encouraged!--their daughter, a diplomat, to get drunk, hungover, and behave in a most unladylike fashion.

Turning to Jack, she motioned him over. "Help me get 'er there, will ya?" Her own wooziness was making it difficult--and if she wasn't careful, she'd be adding her own colors to the pot. The stench of it was getting to her already and she had to swallow hard to keep from heaving.

Thief

Jack did not hesitate to help get Adelaide onto the bed. He noticed that Beatrid looked a little sick too. "Let's set that aside for now," Jack said, offering to take the chamber pot. He placed it where he could no longer smell it, but made sure it was within easy reach, in case it was needed.

The two of them had put away quite a bit of ale, and that was just while Jack was sitting with them. How much had they drank before he joined them? "You ladies going to be okay?"