Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Never trust the water

Started by Anonymous, February 17, 2011, 01:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Her life was ruined. Absolutely everything was going wrong. She was stuck in this awful place by that awful monster. And the awful Isi. Mihaela shivered at the memory of him. He had seemed so handsome at first, but that was just a beautiful exterior over a demon! Isi had told all about her new position that bastard. Then hurt her. She had never been spanked before and she never wanted to again.

Pale cheeks flushing at the memory, she kept moving forward. The area she was allowed to be in was actually quite large. And beautiful, which she was willing to admit to herself, though not to Charik. Ugh. The naga was just creepy. Mihaela did not like him, though he wasn't as scary as she had first thought he was.

A gurgling sound caught her attention and the girl followed it. It led to a stunning open area, with lush greenery and a beautiful pool. The sweet smell of flowers filled the air. Walking closer, Mihaela noticed a figure swimming, "Um, hello?"

Ahhh, it was a wonderfully lazy day today.

Not that the others weren't.

Floating on his back, Ziya lazily drifted around his pool, using one foot and occasionally the other when he needed to steer to avoid the sides. His arms were folded under his head and his eyes were closed and, as usual, he was naked; the naiad wore clothes about as often as he left his pool, which was only when he absolutely had to, and even then it was a battle.

Just the right amount of sunlight was filtering down through the opening in the temple roof above. Just enough to sunbathe in, making his scales shine. It was so peaceful, so quiet. In a few hours he would likely be shouting for company, but for now, it was time to enjoy one of many naps.

That was until a voice caught his ear. Hm? A visitor?

Flipping upright and treading water, he looked up--and then he saw her. Her! The new girl. The new girl that was stealing a lot of his attention! Everyone was always talking about her lately, everyone had an opinion about her, and it was getting really annoying because that was time that should have been put towards him! But Ziya only smiled pleasantly and swam over to her, leaning his elbows on the edge of the pool.

"Oh, well if it isn't the new girl," he said, beaming and leaning his chin on his hand, showing off the webbed fingers. "Where've you been? I've been hearing so much about you, lately!"

Ziya's appearance was a little bit of a surprise to her, though she had seen a number of odd creatures back home. Mostly she was surprised at how pretty the man was. And the fact he was naked. That had Mihaela's blush back in full force as she made sure to keep her eyes firmly on his face.

"Oh? What? Really? You have? What have you heard?" Mihaela wasn't really sure what to make of that. Though the newest victim was probably exciting. Manners quickly caught up to her brain, "Oh. Excuse me. I'm Mihaela Loian. May I ask your name?"

"I'm Ziya. Good to meetcha, Mihaela. I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun together!" Ziya said, still smiling pleasantly. "As for what I've heard...oh, you know..." He twirled a finger in the puddle that had pooled around his arms. "Just that you were stunningly gorgeous and exotic, which doesn't surprise me a bit. Our king chooses only the very best! I'm proof of that and from the looks of it, so are you. At least, I'm sure you are."

Squinting his brilliant turquoise eyes, he leaned forward and frowned, a near pout. "The trouble is, my eye-sight is just terrible. It's suited for the water, you see, but out of it I just see...blurred colors. Can you come a little closer? I can see better up close, and I'm really, really curious to see what everyone's gushing about! New people are so exciting, you know?"

It was lie. His vision was just fine, above and below the water.

"Oh! No! I'm not, really!" Mihaela's blush was worse and she shook her head, "You are so much prettier than I am. Really!" She was actually a little in awe at how pretty the man was, "I'm nothing special. Not compared to everyone here."

Moving closer, Mihaela lowered herself close to the water, leaning over to Ziya, "Um..is this okay?"

Hm. She thought he was pretty, did she? Good, because he was. Still, flattery would not save her! He kept the smile plastered on his face as she moved closer, closer, even lowering herself down to hi level. Oh, what an idiot. His smile broadened into a grin, flashing pointed teeth. "It's perfect."

And then he pulled her into the pool.

Mihaela didn't even see it coming. One second she was at the pool edge, the next she was dragged into it. Flailing, she struggled to grab onto the edge. She didn't know how to swim and her heavy clothes were quickly dragging her under. Gasping, Mihaela tried to keep her head up, "H-help! I-" Her head went under and it was a long, terrifying moment before it broke the surface again, "can't swim!"

Rhindeer

"Eh? What's that?" Ziya placed a hand behind a large, fin-like ear as he watched her thrash in the water, quite enjoying this. While he wouldn't let her drown, as Charik would be most displeased, a little water up the nose never killed anyone.

Generally.

"I can't quite hear you over all the splashing, so you really must speak up! I mean, if I didn't know any better I'd say you can't swim, the way you're carrying on!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Mihaela felt panic raising, her heart pounding. She was going to die. Her heavy clothes were already saturated with water and her head went under the water. Arms reaching, she struggled to try and claw her way to the top, but she couldn't seem to make anything work.

Her mind raced, fear over riding everything else as she kicked madly, unable to break the surface again.

Ziya waited. And then he waited a little longer. Hmm...she wasn't coming back up. Get her now? How long could humans hold their breath? Ah, drat, better not chance it. With a repressed sigh, Ziya ducked under the water, looped his arms around her, and pulled her to the surface.

"Ah! Why're you so heavy?" he gasped when they broke the surface, making sure to hold her head above the water. "And what do you think you were doing down there?"

When Mihaela felt the hands grab her, she struggled harder, trying to cling to him. She felt herself dragged to the surface, gasping for air as soon as she could. Coughing, she struggled to breathe properly, tears streaming down her face, arms shakily clutching at Ziya.

Words wouldn't form, too shaken and traumatized to reply to his questions.

Working hard to keep them both afloat with her clothes dragging at the water, Ziya brought her back to the pool's edge and lifted her up and onto it. "Aww...you sure don't float very well. Jeez. You weren't supposed to sink, you know. That's not how it's supposed to work." He frowned up at her, pushing some hair out of her face.

Sobbing, Mihaela couldn't stop shaking. She had been so sure she was going to die. Her entire body felt heavy and sore, like she had just run a race, "Y-you...why did you do that? I-I couldn't breathe."

Her mismatched eyes stared at the naiad, confused and hurt.

"Wait. What do you mean, you couldn't breathe? Are you--oh!" Ziya gasped, affecting horror, eyes widening in alarm. "Are you telling me you can't breathe under water? Oh! I didn't--oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! I didn't realize! Oh...oh god."

He looked around the area frantically, as though looking for witnesses, then drew closer and grabbed her hand in both of his, desperately. "Oh, please, can you ever forgive me? I didn't mean anything by that, I swear! I didn't know you couldn't--oh, please, please don't tell Charik! He'll have me whipped for sure!"

Mihaela shrank back, scared of the water spirit now. Her legs were still shaking to hard for her to move away, but adrenaline was starting to race again, "D-don't! I wont! Just get away from me!" Gritting her teeth, she scrambled up and away from him, "You are just as awful as he is!"

Ziya did his best to put on a hurt, shocked expression, releasing her. "Awful? I didn't know you couldn't swim! I only wanted to see you..." Hah. At least she wasn't going to tell Charik. The whipping was a lie, but he'd still have to deal with the disappointment and everything--at least, if he didn't come up with some brilliant fabrication.

"It's so lonely here..."

Scrubbing at her face, Mihaela finally managed to stop her tears, "I don't care! You could have killed me! You need to be more careful!" She was just angry now, still riding high on her rush of fear. Though the man's pretty face and hurt expression was making it hard for her to stay angry.

Ziya let his lip quiver. "Killed you? Oh...I..." He bit his lip and let his expression evolve from 'hurt' to 'kicked puppy'. It was a look he'd perfected with time and practice and a lot of staring at his own marvelous reflection.

"I...I didn't wanna hurt anyone...least of all you..." he whimpered, letting himself sink lower into the water. "I just wanted to be friends..."

'I..well..." Mihaela's anger faltered then. She had always been a sucker for a pretty face and he looked so sad. It had probably been an accident, "I...it's alright. I'm sorry I over reacted. I was just scared." She brushed a strand of her wet hair out of her face. She didn't much look like the exotic beauty that had caught Charik's eye, she looked more like a drowned rat.