Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Junk Genie (open)

Started by Lion, March 07, 2011, 03:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Ezra Enzo, the Magnificent.  That's what the sign said.  It was painted in different shades of red, from an almost pinkish hue to a crimson that stuck out like a run over thumb.  The sign jingled and jangled on its rusty, iron hinges as it hung on the back of the caravan cart.  This along with more than a dozen pots and pans, an empty birdcage, a series of sacks that held all sorts of metallic items.  If this Enzo character had intended to travel across this expansive wasteland in stealth that was an idea he could do well to forget about.  There was scarcely a brief moment of silence as his wagon strolled across the sands.  He traveled between two sets of dunes, in some brief shade and the dual-wheels on each corner of the wagon allowed it to grind through the sandy turf with little to no problem, with a series of short shafts between each wheel allowed the weight of the wagon to spread more evenly across the sand.

The bent old man in the wagon seat rapped the reins of his mule against the animal's back, which honked irritably and cast a dragon's glance at him, but trudged on without furthur concern.  "C'mon you!" he grunted and peered through his bushy eyebrows, sweat beading on his bald, headbanded skull.  His thick beard and mustache were already drenched with sweat, but he did not appear exhausted.  Behind him rose the bulbous, rounded shape of the wagon's patched tarp covering, and in there clanged the sounds of even more junk.

Enzo let the mule chop and clomp along the sand though he suddenly pulled back hard on the reigns, stopping the heavy animal from smashing down on a shiny object he spotted from beneath the bush of his brows.  "Whoa, you damn hoof-beast!  I gots-a to see that there thing afore you damn near smash it to pieces.  Who knows, could be valable or sump'm." The old man threw himself into a nearby dune, getting up like nothing and dusting himself off.  He came forward and picked up a rather odd looking retractable staff, with one end of it extended.  "Ah, what do we have here! Hm?" he said, holding the thing delicately.  "Who knows how much this'll go fer at market."  He chucked the staff into his wagon tent, having the clank disappear amongst the other potential valuables within.  Then got in the cart and started to drive away.

Then there was a cry from the side, a young man's voice it seemed and he drew closer as he ran desperately.  "Hey, you!  Sir!  Please stop!" cried Euzec as he dashed over the dune but then fell down when his foot caught in a sand bowl.  He took one hell of a tumble before coming to a stop right at the bottom of the valley.

"Y'all right there, son?" Enzo said.  He tugged hard on the reins.

Euzec stood up with a leap and grinned.  "Yessir.  Thanks for stopping."

Enzo looked up at the top of the dune.  "Ye crazy, boy're what?  Whatcha made me stop fer?  Ain't nobody chasin ya?"

"Er, no, sir.  Nobody...  Why do you ask?"  He looked at him innocently.

"I thought ye'd half lost yer mind or sump'm.  What's wrong witcha!?  I'mma in a hurry, now whatcha want?"

"So sorry...but you, um, didn't happen to see a-a staff around here did you?  I'm looking for it.  I lost it when I passed through here yesterday."

Enzo squinted his eyes suspiciously.  "Aye...and what if I did, boy?  What does the darned thing a-look a-like?"

"It's quite unique," Euzec replied excitedly, and he went into details of the thing for quite a while until the old man had fallen asleep.  He awoke with a startle when the eunuch pulled the hairs of his beard.  "Well...do you have it?"

Enzo grimaced amongst his wrinkles and spat off to the side in thought.  "Y'know, boy I'm startin' to think ye just ain't right in the head.  I did so happen to find a staff a few minutes afore ye took a spill there.  So I'll tell ya, what, 'cause I'm a nice ol' man, I'll letcha have yer staff back.  On'a condition that ye shut yer yap."

Euzec was taken aback but merely nodded.  "Okay."

"Alrighty, go on and get it then, son.  I'm on mah way to the next town.  Ye can ride along if it suitcha.  Don't make no diff'rnse ter me.  So whatcha say, huh?  I ain't got all day."

"You have a deal.  And thank you for your kindness."  Euzec climbed onto the driver's seat then and headed inside the wagon tent, stumbling  around and finding no stable footing for which to begin his search.  After a while of rummaging, he found the half-retracted staff and smiled.  He was about to call out to the old junkman when the cart jerked into motion, sending him for a swim down into the pile of junk that surrounded the tent.  It seemed like a deep endless sea and he tried to fight against a broken shield that smashed into his face.  Dammit!  How the hell did the old fuck know where anything was in here?  He felt himself being dragged though as if gravity summoned him to the bottom of the wagon through the daggers, shields, statuettes, pots, pans, old coins, paintings, broken chairs, rusty tools, wheelbits, mugs, cups, plates, bundles of blankets, dozens of stacked papers, crumbly logs, cans, paints, brushes, lenses, a telescope, rings, ugly jewelry and eternity!  Such items only scratched the surface of what was inside this mountainous mess.  He sunk through it, until he saw neither light nor darkness, only some place inbetween until he suddenly felt like he was falling and falling fast.

It took him but a second to realize this until he was bashing through a canopy of trees, trying to slow his fall all the way screaming like a bat out of hell.  All the while he held tight to his staff and shielded his face with his arms as he crashed through to a pile of underbrush, cushioning his fall but landing with a scratched face and bruised ego.  When he caught his breath and vertigo left him, the lost eunuch finally looked up to see where all the junk had taken him.  Was...this the damn jungle?  Euzec sat up and kneeled.  He'd never been to the jungle before, but how in the heck did that wagon take him here?  And, worse yet, how could he get back?  Kushumoro wouldn't like his absence at all; not one bit.  Hm...maybe there was something to that 'Ezra Enzo the Magnificent' crap.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Black dragons where built to live in the mountains and spend days in dark and damp caves, his body ever since venturing south had remained constantly filled to the brink of this goddamn bright life-giving daylight.

He had been searching this jungle for weeks already, not a single plant matching his description, the fabled Cuelan Aithar or Maidens Fruit. A black rose with diamond scales and rainbow coloured centre, surrounded by venomous spikes and a multitude of roots as it begins feasting upon the energies of the surrounding vegetation, creating a distinct odour of death and decay until it is ready to spread its seeds.

These rainbow coloured spores filled to the brim with gender changing fluids. All you had to do was eat one and you would be female in a matter of days. The process of transformation being one of pain and torment as your very essence changes direction.

In similar fashion Kael had ended in feasting upon the local wildlife that had difficulties adapting against such a foreign intrusion as Kael represented. Combing trough the jungle in search for this rare flower, he found himself welcoming the chance of being hunted by oblivious predators that had no sense for what he was capable of.
Fangs or venom teeth would simply not penetrate his scales and once they got close enough to try he simply shattered a few bones, roasted the poor creature and gobbled it up.

Given his wounds had not fully recovered this was a great place; the blasted sun even had positive effects on overall recovery but that did not stop him from hating it, the smells and goddess knows what else roamed this jungle.

Kael had been wandering around in a haze for some days now, his body not responding to the constant heat that well anymore. Nor had he figured out a method to cool down that was remotely efficient.
His plan since arriving here by means of flight had been to keep low and stick to the shadows and that would in theory be fine but it had not rained for some time now and his bodily water reserves were running low.

In this feverish state he heard someone scream while making the most noise he had ever heard since getting here. Judging from the screams the person was close and it was obviously not a local but most likely given the amount of sun in this area in possession of water.

It was not long until he set his eyes upon the creature, easily noticeable from the surrounding vegetation because of his shiny blue hair. Without wasting time he decided to approach like a stampede, pounding the ground as he rushed forward and smacked his tail around. Just in chase some wild animals where close.

Huffing ash and sulphur as a result of the strain this sudden activity, another proof that the sun was getting to him. "WATER!" He bellowed with all the might that was left in his throat before lowering his head down gazing expectantly at the incubus.

Lion

This place was eerie and Euzec couldn't be sure of what to expect here.  All the fear of what would happen if he didn't show up back at the palace, or if he would be late in returning, or what kind of carpet his pet tiger would be turned into, all of that soon was pressed back into his mind like a mudslide in a hurricane (if only he'd seen a hurricane or been in one).  And what replaced it was a fear of the more immediate.  The jungle.  A foreboding place to be indeed if one had absolutely no experience here.  The noises about him were loud and ravenous, animals eating each other no doubt and he felt a cold, nervous chill go down his spine.

It took him a while but he stood and stayed near the tree, trying to make sense of what really just happened, where he was and that he was not just in some bizarre dream.  He couldn't be sure for dreams in his experience could be rather...vivid and realistic to say the least.  That was the very least.  But the bark of the tree did not feel like skin and the rantings of beasts did not sound like a woman's shuddering breath. This was enough to tell him that this was not a dream of all things.  And he was too nervous to be sleeping.

Euzec was still looking around when the sounds of something big was quickly coming upon him.  He was taken by surprise and felt the ground shaking underneath him and he lost his footing, taking a spill way down into the undergrowth.  Whatever it was that had made the noise certainly had scared any nearby animals away for he heard a frightened skittering and yelping as the bushes separated and in came a creature so large and thrashing through that he scarcely knew what to do once it approached him.

But it was a fucking dragon!  Euzec was frozen in fear and held his breath until he felt like his lungs were just about ready to burst.  The dragon smelled like hell, lava and volcanic rock.  Euzec did not have any realistic idea of the world outside the desert, that was all he ever knew, so he had no idea what the hell a dragon was doing in the middle of the jungle. But it spoke to him.  Could dragons do that or was it perfecting some sort of telepathic communication?  Either way he found himself answering the dragon's request with a surprisingly calm voice.  Even fear had a strange effect on him.  He took a glance at his staff and doubted the thing could do little more than prod at the giant reptile.  "Water?  I'm sorry, giant lizard, but I don't think the water I have on me could do much to sate you.  You're awfully large...and I feel that if I don't give you something...there's a high possibility that you'll just eat me.  But you'll probably be doing that anyway..."  His voice trailed off as his hand reached inside his robe and produced a folded waterskin, not quite plump, but with just enough water for a day's journey.  He had a feeling it would be all gone very soon.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Like a coiled viper his tongue snapped forward, wrapping around the water skin like one of those large snakes he had observed here in the Kishahn Jungle.

He found himself squeezing the water skin empty, letting the life giving liquid he so desired flow like a river down his throat. Steam rose from his mouth and Kael felt renewed but with this newfound energy came rage, anger and emotions that had been previously suppressed by the need to survive.  

How could he almost fall prey to such a basic necessity? Borderline embarrassing that he had been reduced to beg water from strangers, by a flower no less.

Chewing on those emotions as he surveyed the area. There was a heavy layer of fear in the air but most if it was simply residue scents from the native animals that he had deliberately chased away.

"You will not refer to me as a lizard again. My name is Kael, use it." His voice booming into the ears of this poor fellow. He was close now, inspecting his subject more closely. The odd golden eyes, the lack of scars and the clothing followed by a hint of old perfume that made his nose twitch.

First thing on his mind now was to find a source of water, flight was simply not possible here in the thick of the brush, nor did he wish to get a heatstroke by flying while the sun was still up. Hopefully this guy knew where to find it.

"You will aid me in finding a source of water." Was his dark bidding and it was given in a rather happy tone. Instead of threats Kael simply grinned, casually awaiting Euzec`s reply with a row of shining dragon teeth. Daring the man to refuse his request.

Lion

Euzec stared blankly while the large lizard creature completely drained away his entire store of water.  Even on a good day, that stock alone wouldn't have been enough to last all day on a trek in the desert, but the eunuch was accustomed to conserving his body water levels, if subconsciously.  No one could survive in the desert without it.  But this was  not the desert, plainly seen, but because of his inexperience with other places, Euzec would have no idea where to find any other watering hole in this place.

He gulped.  Watching all of his water disappear like that only made him realize the coming heat around him.  This wasn't going to be a pleasant place.  Then the dragon thing  started yelling at him and for what!?  Euzec never got angry but he was really started to get ticked off.  Not only did this completely stranger demand and drink all his water, he was getting upset for no reason at all.

Euzec grimaced and stood up quickly, looking the thing right in the face.  "You're the one that came to me!  The least you can do is be a little grateful.  I didn't have to give you my water...." He trailed off, digressing.  "Of course you woulda just eaten me if I refused but that doesn't really matter now.  Still that doesn't put you in a position to start being a great big jerk.  You...jerk.  So either apologize or you can go find your own damn water!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

""HAHAHHA!" He found himself stretching tired limbs and spreading those majestic wings while simultaneously laughing the mans request down, then he almost butted heads the man by closing further in so they could meet eye to eye.

"You feel i have done you an injustice?" His dark and grim voice was like a large underground cave, echoing egotism and malice.
"For letting you live maybe?" Kael said with an odd tone of satisfaction added into it. Just a taunt at the opposing side for being powerless and at his mercy.

"As it stands you must prove to me that you are capable of finding water before attempting to bargain with it."

He then huffed smoke at the lad, enough to make any mortal man reel away or at least take a few steps back. His honor would not have him face such a small end pesky creature and then have Kael be the first to draw away, unacceptable.

"My most sincere apologies do not come cheap, find me enough water to slake my thirst and i might be able to stomach giving one to you."

Lion

Euzec furrowed his brows.  With all that happened to him just now, he wasn't in any mood to stand down really.  Everything was so strange here, he didn't know that dragons just lurked around the corners in this place, this jungle.

Not only was he all up in his face, he had terrible breath to boot.  "I don't know about any injustice here.  Maybe for letting yourself live but other than that, I don't know!"  He twisted his face thoughtfully, Kael's attempt at intimidation only bouncing off him like a rock on a shield.   He was no warrior, so it wasn't much use to stand up to him.  But he was one to make the best of most situations.

Euzec stared into the lizard's nostrils and continued to gaze into it before a breath of smoke puffed out and into his face.  It smelled like dirty, oiled water, or brimstone, however that smelled like.  It smelled like heat, and that he was used to.  He said nothing for a long time.  Then without a word,  he reached out and into the nostril and swiftly yanked out a few of strands of nose hair.  He stared at the strands that he yanked out so violently.  "Water for an apology?  I guess I'll just have to go without one then.  I'm a complete stranger to this place.  I've never been to the jungle before.  Sorry, you just didn't luck out.  But then, welcome to my world."  He smiled.  "I'm Euzec by the way."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Something small  was making its way inside his nose, followed with a giant need to sneeze. As this need grew larger and more insistent Kael realized he would have to break eye contact or kill the man in front of him. He decided the latter was too soon.

Then there was a sharp sting of pain. " Ouch, what the hell was that for?"
 Like a hurt dog he leapt away from the man  and Kael wisely turned his head towards the jungle, utterly disintegrating some of the local plant life with a mighty sneeze.
The power from his sneeze made its way to the dragon`s knees and made him buckle over, his head now hurt from goddess knows what reasons and the world was tumbling and spinning back and forth.
Was Euzec some kind of jungle shaman with hidden powers? Why had the man stood his ground? Nobody did that.

"Not only was that completely uncalled for but it's also immensely gross!"
"You picked MY MOSE!" he uttered, still in disbelief while rubbing his nose. It still felt sore and the world was still spinning so his best move would be to stay put until he could regain some semblance of dignity.

"Now listen here Euzec, I do not know what world you think we are in but I'm a bloody dragon and where I come from that amounts to some semblance of fear and respect from lesser creatures. They usually crap their pants and flee like what half the jungle did when we met." An exaggeration to get the point across, this jungle was so huge and he was not exactly the largest of dragons.

It stung deeply in his pride that he had sunk so low as to get his nose picked by strangers.

Lion

Fear was not something Euzec could easily comprehend.  He'd never had any real reason to be afraid in his life, even with all the beatings he received when he was a child, though exactly why he was he never bothered to ask.  The dangers of life in the desert were very real to him, but it was not a danger to be conceived as a child would a monster in the closet.  It was a danger that required simple adaptation.  And as far as he knew, there were no dragons to fear in the desert.  Maybe sandworms, but not dragons.

Euzec dropped the nose hairs nonchalantly and cleaned his hand on his robes.  He couldn't really explain why he did it, but it seemed like something that needed to be done.  "I wasn't aware jungles could run away.  Maybe that's where all the water went.  But the bottomline is that you have quite a few unsightly nose hairs that needed to be yanked.  I'm sorry I hurt you, but it was for your own good."  That was the best he could think of on such short notice.

"I'm sorry I'm not really afraid of you.  I haven't seen a dragon before," he said.  "But look, I don't know anyone in the whole world who can burn away a whole bunch of trees in one good sneeze.  You should be happy.  Look, we both seem to be in a bit of a dilemma, why don't we just help each other out.  You help me get home and I'll help you find water, or whatever it is that you're looking for."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

If the man did not fear dragons the entire charade was pointless. Kael looked down on the ground in bitter disappointment. This encounter and the way it was playing out with him as the underdog had reminded him of his defeat and his shame. He wished it forgotten, yet he also longed for revenge. A hard mixture of feelings that he had to endure on a daily basis.

"I came to this godforsaken place looking for power. The powers of a rare plant. It is called Maidens fruit in common, it is a dark orchid, with thorns and dark diamond scales to protect its rainbow colored center."

"After weeks in this place I have found nothing, just easy prey and you. Locals might know but I'm too proud to ask, nor do I have the diplomatic tact to ever bother with that approach."

He shuddered at the thought of actually having confessed his shortcomings to someone like Euzec and it sickened him that it actually felt like some of the burden had been lifted off his shoulders. He tried rejecting the feeling with fury and pain, wanting to throw a temper tantrum but the pressing need for more water and a hurt nose quickly got him on better thoughts.

Lion

Euzec was a little sorry for the dragon now.  He seemed defeated a little at having not so successfully intimidated the eunuch.  A little emasculated, perhaps?  He could understand that feeling if only because he'd been castrated his entire life, but even so, he didn't feel any less of a man.  He had a purpose in life and that was enough for him.  Maybe this dragon's purpose was to frighten the wits off people, and having failed to do so, he couldn't fulfill his purpose.

Euzec wanted to apologize immediately but was cut off from doing so when Kael spoke.  Apparently he was looking for a flower that Euzec had never heard of until now.  It sounded something that was quite valuable.  He swallowed whatever words he was going to say and stayed in thought until Kael was finished.

When he was done, all he could do was grin at the dragon, in that honest way that showed that he understood what he meant.  "You're this big scary dragon right?  Right.  I'm not so much of a big scary person myself.  I mean I can get grouchy sometimes, but I'm not all that violent.  Why don't we help each other out with what the other can't accomplish?  I don't care much for fighting, but I'm just fine with talking to people.  You don't tend to negotiate very well, but maybe you can find food and scare away other animals, huh?  I'll help you find your precious flower, and you'll help me find a way back home once I do."

Euzec smiled and put away his retractable staff.  "Okay, so let's go find some locals to help us out.  Let's go...uh, this way!"  He started to walk off in the direction of the burnt away foliage and turned behind, motioning his new friend to follow him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"So you just picked a path on random?" Kael voiced his concern but followed, no reason to stay here anyhow and Euzec seemed happy to help him. Almost annoyingly happy and he seemed to have made himself comfortable suspiciously fast.  After all they did not know each other and for all he knew this man could be someone's minion.

Kael did not like the path they had chosen but that was more because he had not decided the path and was entrusting the direction into someone whom he would never have trusted had the situation been different.

At least he could take comfort in the fact that it was not the direction he had come from.  "Goddess willing, I shall find what I seek before it is too late."

Hurriedly he checked the area around Euzec, birds had begun chirping again and he did not wish to lose this fragile chance at finding the flower.

"The jungle must have returned to normal by now, my protection does little if you are out of reach."

Lion

In fact, he really had no idea just what kind of damage he'd done to the dragon following him.  He sensed something of an ego from him, even if his estimation was only the tip of the iceberg.  Euzec couldn't acknowledge that kind of idea without actually being told he'd bruised the poor dragon in that fashion.  As far as he was concerned, everything would be all fine and dandy from now.

Euzec kept his staff in hand, just in case he would need it for anything.  Even if he wasn't a warrior by heart or trade, he was capable enough to defend himself if need be.  He noticed the forest was livlier, but he doubted anything would attempt to attack him if a dragon was around him.  Upon that last line, he noticed the distance between them and waited until Kael caught up.

"Okay, then, this flower you're looking for, why's it so precious?  Why do you want it so badly?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"I would rather not talk about it, but because you are in an inquisitive mood and probably my key to finding the Maidens fruit, I shall indulge your every question with no falsehood spoken. " Kael uttered it as if it was an annoyance to talk while observing the small human as it wandered in front of him. Euzec was leading the way to goddess knows where and asking questions nobody had the right to know.

Ordinarily he would have thought it a mistake to reveal everything but here in the jungle with nobody else around them and this nagging gross feeling of defeat hounding him around every corner. It needed to come out in the open so he could dream easier of the future. "The women of my kind are considered to be the superior to that of the men, their scales resist more potent magic, their bodies grow larger, at least ten times that of a male."

"The seeds of this particular flower hold within them the ability to transform your very essence, into that of the opposite gender and because dragons hold within ourselves innate magic resistances that prevent me from taking any human route to change my gender, I had to become a Botanist to do so."

While explaining this he kept a watchful eye at their surroundings to keep his mind off what anyone else could do if they had just been told the same story. He wished not to be ridiculed or teased for this by the one man who had dared not treat him as a dragon.
It did not appear as if anything in the near vicinity had dared attack them yet, some animalistic taunts could be heard from above but they sounded like herbivores and so he dismissed them.

Maybe the various venomous creatures here could pose some form of threat to Euzec but he had some spells at hand for bloodletting and poison resistance.
All he had to do was restrain himself and keep his pride at bay and if Euzec did not push his Draconic patience to a breaking point this weird alliance of man and dragon should work out.

Lion

If Euzec was being annoying and straining his new companion's patience, he was not aware of it.  Which was often the case before a quick berating or flogging was enacted upon him.  Kushumoro was a harsh master and difficult to serve; Euzec seemed to do or say the wrong thing just before unleashing his anger.  Most of it usually involved the Haremites, though for the life of him Euzec couldn't really understand why.  Some might question as to why he'd bothered staying around such a place that didn't seem to appreciate him.  But where else could he could he go?  Serving Kushumoro and guarding his Haremites was the only life he'd ever known, and he didn't seem to have it in him to change it.

So if one examined his life with an outside perspective, one could easily understand how Euzec truly was used to not-so-subtle antagonistic behavior towards him.  For the dragon, he'd damaged his pride and dignity with his honest, curious questioning.  He just listened to what the dragon had to say without expression or chance for judgment.  He nodded in the right places and kept walking, not sure where he was going but leading all the same knowing from experience that you were bound to hit some population if you traveled in a direction long enough.

"Magic resistances, huh?  So if you got castrated, they would just grow back or something?  Sounds...interesting."  He struggled to wrap his head around the idea.  It was not something he ever wondered.  It was difficult for him to imagine his life any different from that of a eunuch; he'd probably just end up working in some dirty brothel or something.  The world seemed to be much bigger than he'd thought.

"So how do you know that when you consume this flower, your magical resistances won't just kick in?  Being a female must certainly be useful though, if that's really what you want.  Any woman I've ever met always act insane, like they only want one thing."  Euzec was a little quiet after this.  While he was not very ashamed of himself and his purpose, it was not something he could easily explain.  Women always confused him.  They pretended they were crying and helpless only to get you to feel sorry for them before they turned around and got angry when you didn't want to wrestle with them the way they wanted.  Why in the world Kael would want to turn into a woman was beyond him.  Besides getting more power apparently, but how that was useful, he didn't quite care.  It wasn't his place to judge the dragon, he reminded himself.  

"When we find this special flower, then is there something we're supposed to do with it first to get the seeds out?  I mean can't we just cut them out or is there something special that has to be done first?" he went on and asked.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"Ordinary weapons do not work that well on dragons. Our scales are too thick and our flesh if ever cut or a limb is severed, given enough time they all grow back stronger than what was before. Though how would anyone get near enough to castrate a dragon?. Our young are guarded well and adult dragons only get caught by hunters use special enhanced weaponry. They mostly just go for a quick kill and sell whatever they can get sold. Any other approach usually ends with them dead."
Kael snickered for a little, he had seen much so he was perhaps a bit more qualified to speak for a gender than this man. "Then you must have not met many kinds of women in your short lifetime, you should get out more and see the North. No reason not to delay returning home, unless whatever you got going there is so mighty important that it cannot wait a few more years. Hell, they might even declare you dead and move on with their lives.  "

"as I mentioned my dealings with the flower are strictly from papers in a library and the reasoning behind why it works is because the change is natural rather than forced. The recipe is very simple. All I have to do is eat two seeds and the rest happens once it takes root inside. Change will take seven days and its described as a painful experience."  

He did not care that the description within the book had said worst pain known to man but instead began Inspecting the ground. They were walking on a path of some sort. Footprints everywhere and he could smell a growing crowd of animals, probably herbivores. "Possibly water nearby. There is a very humid scent in the air and the ground here is less dry."

Lion

Declare him dead...  Now that was a thought that had never occurred to him before.  Not that he could really consider it.  It was preposterous!  Ridiculous and beneath him!  Or he really was the kind of man who thought his place too important to be abandoned?  That seemed really pretentious, now that he considered the idea.  And he didn't want to feel that way.  Declare himself dead...was it really so beneath him?

Euzec shook his head and locked the idea away somewhere inside him where it couldn't bother him again.  He really didn't want to think about that right now.  He had a home and he had to get back to it.  Though this jungle seemed so very endless, he knew that it couldn't be some mystical place that would keep him forever.  There had to be a way out and he was determined so to find it, even if it killed him.

"A dragon botanist, eh...  Well I guess there's a first for everything," he commented lightly.  He still thought it was a ridiculous idea to even want to pursue, but he wasn't about to question a creature a hundred times his size over and could probably roast him in seconds.  Euzec just kept on ahead and smelled the air when Kael noted of the smell of water lingering near.  A life in the desert potentially forced one to be wary of things like the scent of water nearby as well as to the sound of it flowing (yet that even that was a bit of a stretch).

The dragon was right as Euzec listened.  "Well, here's that water we were looking for.  Maybe there will be some people here as well."  He moved quicker toward the scent, as the air was growing cooler and then the was the sound of water rushing.  Just as he moved through the trees, he gasped at the crashing waterfall that appeared before him and the large cliffside that expanded below him.  Euzec stopped walking just before the ledge, sliding as he did so and holding onto the vines of a nearby tree for support.  Never had he seen so much water in his life.  At least not all in one place.  The waterfall, though loud, truly was beautiful and it took a while for him to take it all in.

Just then there were sounds below, female voices that laughed at something he did not hear.  He looked down carefully over the edge of the waterfall cliffside, squinting his eyes as he noticed they looked rather tribal, almost gyspy-esque in their colorful clothing, their singing and strange talk.  He wondered if they spoke common at all.  "What about them?  Do you think they know where your flower is?"  As he looked down another though occurred to him: Would he survive a fall this big even if he fell into the water?  Well, as long as he didn't slip or was pushed, he wouldn't have to find out.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Kael had ducked his head into the delicious water. Smoke and bubbles rose as the dragon finally slaked his thirst. Almost drunk on the pure liquid he lazily looked up as Euzec asked him a question.

"What? Who?" He approached the ledge and found himself looking down a waterfall. Inspecting the area with his superior vision.

"Well we could scare that giant cat over there and pretend to save them. People always appreciate heroism."

"Or  I could grab you, fly down and that will scare them instead? I have no experience dealing with the locals of this land. Goddess knows how they might react to anything we do?" He added the last part, doubting his first plan of action would have any success.

"Or I could transform myself temporarily into a human or shrink myself to be less intimidating and then cast a spell of levitation to pull you down with me..."

At least now he did not have to make a decision.  Euzec had after all volunteered to communicate so he would be the one to decide their approach.
 "You are not afraid of heights are you?" Grinning jokingly the dragon poked Euzec on his back, hard enough to make him wobble if nothing else.

Lion

Euzec had to blink his eyes to make sure that what he was seeing really wasn't an illusion after all.  He had to remember that he wasn't in the desert anymore and that mirages were few and far between in this place.  Even if he'd never set foot in a jungle before, it was just common sense that clicked at the last minute.

"No, no, no!  There's no need to scare them!"  Euzec objected obstinately.  Why would anyone in the world want to scare a bunch of harmless women?  The very idea was not only preposterous to him, but it also broke his heart a little bit.  While he wasn't exactly the type to enjoy being crawled over, he didn't really like the idea of scaring these poor women.  They weren't doing anything wrong anyway.

Euzec scooted closer to the edge to get a better look, tucking the retracted staff into the cloth belt along his waist.  Then Kael said something that he didn't hear very well and was about to ask him to repeat himself when there was quite a sharp poke on his back.  It seemed to happen a lot faster than he thought as the soft soil crumbled beneath him and he slid off the cliff's edge, screaming in horror all the way down as he plunged down into the water.

"Oh gods!  You horrible bastard!  Kael!" he yelled when he resurfaced, struggling to gain buoyancy in the flowing stream that took him down toward the rocks where the gypsy women resided.  They no longer sung and laughed, but looked at him.  Some dropped what they were doing and ran to Euzec's aid, pulling him out of the water and talking amongst themselves as to who this man was and why he was in the water.  They dragged him up onto one of the flat rocks.  And Euzec, once he caught his breath, stood up and looked around him, then back up to the cliff.  "Kael!  Kael!  You sorry sonuvabitch!  Get down here!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"Perfect" Kael muttered observing this little man tumble and grasp for anything he could possibly find to save his life while screaming desperately. The folk had stopped that annoying happy tune and some even dropped their belongings to save Euzec.

Sprawled on the side of the river as he was they seemed to take good care of him.

He could see the poor man yell at the top of his lounges but he heard nothing of note from up here. It was obvious who he wanted to speak more intimately with though.
So he roared his mightiest, tested the wings in a majestic fashion before floating down on the air currents.

The wind from his landing akin that of a hurricane. Then he paused to allow this impression to sink into their human heads, before purring satisfied with the result. They where hesitant and scared just like he had predicted.

Strolling by as if he owned the place. Kael looked to the eunuch that was now being held down and checked for broken bones. "Oh no! My friend fell over the cliff and has been hurt, could you please get a healer to see to his wounds? "

"He will probably need extensive healing at your village maybe?" . Obviously he had hoped the poor fellow would follow through and understand. The plan was brilliant. Any human seeing such a wreck come streaming downwards from a fall that big would end up sympathizing.

Though maybe he screwed it up with his grand entrance and hopefully he had not told anyone that he had been pushed off the cliff. Obviously nobody would ever volunteer for such a fall so it had to  be real right?