Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

the nameless gods [open]

Started by Anonymous, April 24, 2011, 12:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The knight stepped onto the holy ground, past the columns of stone and winding ivy that marked the entrance to the Sanctuary. He walked the path like someone who had walked it several times before, his steps falling into a natural and unhurried rhythm as he headed toward the section of the gardens that he visited most frequently. Where flowers bloomed and trees sang of the summer months, plants were relatively scarce in the gazebo he chose. Instead, there was a type of stone garden, with half-broken statues old and new scattered about the path.

A single tree stood beside the gazebo, and Benjamin went to stand underneath its far-reaching leaves. It was an unusual tree; he didn't know what species it was, but its leaves and trunk were almost silvery. He especially enjoyed the scent of it, something wild and mysterious. It wasn't the most comforting or fragrant section of the gardens, but it was his favorite.

The knight knelt and bowed his head, relaxed and silent as he prayed. He essentially believed the gods were faceless and inherently nameless, given description only by other peoples' religions. He believed in the mystery and age of them; it didn't matter if one was a goddess or one was a deity of war or peace. There were an infinite number, great and small, shaping the world and beauty and watching over warriors and mothers alike.

Benjamin hadn't prayed here in a while. He didn't think that the gods would care, but it was good for him to stick to a schedule. He thanked them for watching over him, confided his faith in whatever plan they had, and asked them for a sign of what they wanted him to do. Most of the time, he knew that they wouldn't answer, but the trick was to keep your eyes and ears open. They were fickle in who they saved and who they sacrificed for their cause, but he was sure that people would reap what they sowed.

After ten minutes on his knees, he grunted and stood. He ached, but he wouldn't show his weakness if he could help it. There was no knowing who was in the vicinity. Even if the Sanctuary was safe, people stole secrets from others here to use against them outside. He had done the same, and it had saved his life.

Benjamin turned and blinked in surprise when he saw someone else on the path, though he hadn't expected to be alone for long at this time of day.

[hr:1u6i0d6u][/hr:1u6i0d6u]

ooc; I didn't know what to write so I'm sure I rambled. >>; Anyway, anyone who wants to can reply!

Anonymous

It had been...far too long since Nathaniel had come here. Normally he prayed on his own, not really feeling the need to come all the way out to Sanctuary. But there had been enough going on in his life that Nathaniel felt it warranted a trip.

Both to thank the Gods here and to ask for help, for guidance. The fight with his brother was still weighing on him and he didn't like it. Dore was his best friend, his other half and fighting with him didn't sit well with Nathaniel. But at the same time, his brothers attitude had hurt him. His total disregard for his family.

Lost in his thoughts, Nathaniel was surprised when he found himself in a part of Sanctuary that he had never been too. And there was an older looking man watching him. He was familiar, another Knight, but Nathaniel couldn't place the name.

He smiled at the man, "Ah. Hello. I see I wasn't the only one in search of some spiritual guidance. I didn't mean in intrude."

Tags: