Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I'm not a kitty! [Castle]

Started by Anonymous, June 29, 2011, 02:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was quite a show. A bunch of traders chasing after a tiny pastel blue cat, but it was no ordinary kitty-cat. Her name was Rozu, captured by one of the smuggling merchants she came traveling from another world. Her tiny size and odd color was due to being a forest from where she came from. These smugglers wished to catch some pretty coin with such an exotic looking creature of a cat--especially with women nobles.

"I'm not a pet don't touch me!" She cried as she fled from the red headed trader chasing after her.

"My brother will kill me--get back here!" He cried as he tripped over another vender's stall landing face first into the ground along with tipping everything over.

Rozu stopped and stuck her tongue out at the boy before rushing off out of town. Freedom at last! Her tail swished behind her as she scurried into the bushes and into hiding still not too far away from town. She popped her head out from the top of the bush peeking around the area and pouted. "Where am I?"

The kitten whined as her ears drooped and tail swished.

CastlesInTheSky

A noble, sitting on a log in the forest, loathing the stares of people from the city.
How unfitting.
Maybe he was a bit strange, with his tail of feathers. Perhaps blue-green hair wasn't entirely normal. Still, he was glad that the Serenians saw him as normal enough. He sighed and got up, the peacock-like feathered tail partially dragging on the ground behind him. He frowned slightly. It felt a bit ridiculous to be a man and feel like he was always wearing the back of a dress.  

Rather suddenly, he heard a noise. Some animal running. He looked around himself, about to pass it off as just another creature in the forest when he heard someone talking. He turned, to see some sort of small kitten peeking out of a bush. He blinked, unable to believe that he just heard a kitten talk. A blue kitten. He crossed his arms, looking skeptically at the cat. Something made him want to confirm it, though. "Did you just talk?"

Anonymous

"Hmm...What to do--" Her ears perked up as she quickly turned to the man. She was so busy thinking she didn't hear someone passing by. Great, busted. She smiled in an innocent kitten like manner before she purred. "Meow~?" It was clearly a forced meow, as it sounded like an average person had said it.

She wasn't good in speaking cat, although she could understand it she never had the knack for speech. She felt slightly tense as the man stared at here. 'Great going Rozu...First pirates now some man wearing a dre--huh?' Her thoughts paused as she examined him. 'Was that a dress or a tail!?'

CastlesInTheSky

"It's a tail."
He stared at the random blue kitten before him with narrowed eyes. He wasn't thinking this kitten was very adorable. Animals shouldn't speak. If his cat could speak, he'd about have a stroke. The little thing would probably be saying 'FOOD!' every ten seconds. He supposed she was some sort of magical creature and he shouldn't question the fact that she could speak. Snapping out of his thoughts, he decided to further explain the 'dress'. "They're feathers." He turned a little, letting her see them, then returned back to his normal was of standing.

Anonymous

Rozu blinked before shaking her head and looking up at the man. Great he seemed rather annoyed now, hopefully he wasn't like some kind of half-hawk and eat her. Her ears drooped back and she pouted. "At least they're a pretty color mew~..?" Indeed, they were a pretty color. She didn't know what to say to the man. "You're not going to turn me in are ya...?"

The thought made her shiver slightly and she shook her head again. "I'm a nimmi--A forest spirit--It's bad joo-joo to lock us up ya know!" She sounded a bit panicked at the thought of being locked away. "I'm the cat type--I give the blessing of luck to my companion."

CastlesInTheSky

He simply raised an eyebrow slightly at her comment. Nobody had complemented them before with truly good intentions, either eying them and wanting to pluck them to sell or simple flattery to get out of a situation. His suspicions were confirmed as she uttered her next sentence, or so he thought. It was strange. A blue kitten was trying to get in his good graces so he wouldn't turn her in. He supposed she meant selling her to a pet shop. He wasn't sure who would want a talking kitten, besides some crazy witch hermit woman or something strange like that.

"Hm. A forest spirit?" He'd heard about them somewhere before. Good luck, she said? Well, that improved his opinion of who would keep her as a pet. However, that wasn't what he was interested in. He didn't need money, and he wouldn't sell a forest spirit anyway. He was indeed the superstitious type. This happened to make him curious. "That's interesting..." He nodded, confirming his thoughts to himself. "I won't turn you in, sell you, or do anything like that. However." He tilted his head slightly. "How would you like to stay with me for a little while? You can leave when you want."

As he made up the thought in its finality, he knew he could put up with the annoyances of a kitten in exchange for luck. He attempted to be more optimistic as he thought to himself, 'well, at least she doesn't smell.' His usual pessimistic nature caught up with that thought and countered with, 'You are already very feminine looking, do you need a cute little kitten in addition to your bright feathers and blue hair? Freak.' He looked at the kitten expectantly.

Anonymous

That was odd, was it something she said? First her was rather annoyed but now he showed some interest. "Hmm..." Her ears perked up before drooping back down as she gave it some thought. What if he was trying to trick her? Then again with her luck she'd just slip away somehow anyways. "A place to stay..."

Surely it would be better then being chased around by pirates or such. Her tail twitched a bit, maybe he was after the luck she could grant? Then again, he looked pretty much like a noble already. She nodded, "I guess a place to stay would be nice mew~...Is there a lot of cookies there? My old owner used to get them for me all the time, but then he--" She paused for a second and shook her head.

"He had to take care of more serious matters and brought me back home, then we got ransacked by pirates." She frowned her ears drooped back again with a pout.

CastlesInTheSky

((BAH I lost his profile as I was about to post it -_-; I'll get it online soon.))

He watched her carefully as she pondered her decision. He was a bit annoyed with himself for flinging the statement out there before really thinking about it. He wasn't too sure his family members would appreciate the small blue kitten within his house, but it was a bit late to consider that. He got out of his thoughts in time to hear her say something about pirates and cookies. He shrugged. "Sure. Plenty of cookies." He had stopped narrowing his eyes at her and now looked a bit confused. Pirates? That was indeed strange. He decided not to question that. "Huh. Okay then. I won't ask."

Anonymous

She purred as her tail swayed back and forth and smiled. "It's settled then~! I'm Rozu mew~." Shaking her head she crawled out from the bush padding over and sitting by his feet. She turned her head up to look at him towering before her and hear ears perked up before drooping back down. "No worries either~! As you can see I'm very tiny and easy to hide--and I'm light to boot!"

She sniffed at him as she stood back up on all four and pawed at his leg. "Where do you live Mr...What was your name?"

CastlesInTheSky

He nodded absently. "Nice to meet you."  He had to admit she had a bit of a point. At least he could hide her. That'd work well. Plus, she didn't seem like she was too annoying. He felt a paw against his leg and looked down again. "I'm Zach. I live in my house closer to Arca." He sighed. "I was just stopping by here because my mother dragged me along. I don't care for Selevea...it's full of nasty smugglers."

Anonymous

"Heh, don't have to tell me this place is full of smugglers~. It's how I got here after all." She circled his leg her tail waving as she looked around. "Arca? What's it like there?" She asked curiously looking back up at him her ears perking up. "And where is your mother, Zach? She have pretty feathers like you?" She gazed at his feathers as she sat beside his foot, her tail swayed like a rocking chair left and right.

CastlesInTheSky

He gave her a smile, not looking as grumpy as before. "Arca? It's a big city, but I don't really live in the city. I live in a big house nearby." He glanced at his feathers. "Oh, my mother? I haven't seen her since I was little. I think she did. That's probably where I got them."