Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

ThinK. AbouT. it. Nehru!

Started by Anonymous, June 04, 2005, 05:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Just where is this Restaurant?" lamented Nehru.
"Why don't you check Old Plot Device Prophet again?" contested Kelly.
Nehru rolled her eyes. "Remember what he said the last time." Then, in her best mock voice of the puppet, "How 'bout you take the freeway? Ye-ah..."
"Well...maybe he's broken, dude," suggested F-Zero X.

For the whole of the past two hours, Nehru and her two musical comrades had been wondering the friendly streets of Connlaoth searching for the place that the Melovingian pointed out: Charon's Restaurant. Of course, they had no luck so far.
So better ask for directions.
F-Zero X walked up to a female citizen of Connlaoth and asked, "Excuse me, but-"
The woman immediately pulled a stick out of her pack and whacked the rocker in the nuts with it. F-Zero hollered out in mortal pain as he grabbed his crotch and fell to his knees, all the while the woman citizen continued to wail ferociously upon him with the stick.
"Ouch," was Kelly's best sympathies for X.
"Maybe he shouldn't ask for directions anymore..." noted Nehru as she observed the brutal spectacle.
"Hello, good lady!" came the voice of a charismatic man dressed in an ornate robe who just so happened to stroll up upon Nehru.
And she blinked at the sudden introduction. "Um...hi."
"My name is Mage, and happen to be a Mage, nice to meet you both," said Mage.
"Hey!" Kelly burst out. "Wasn't there a sign back at the town's entrance that said 'No Magick Users allowed! This means you! Yes, you!'?"
"Why, yes, there was," answered Mage formally.
"Then why are you here??" Kelly inquired hotly.
Mage chuckled throatily and explained himself, "Well, well, my dear, that's my whole reason for being here! You see, since it was specifically spelled out that no Mages are allowed into this Kingdom, I felt absolutely compelled to come, if for no other reason than just simply to spite this rule!"
Nehru blinked. "...Why?"
Mage let out a thoughtful 'Hmm...', then replied, "You know, good lady, in all my arcane years I could never quite figure that out! What is that compulsion that drives people to go to places they shouldn't be, and to do things that they are told not to do? It's one of the greatest mysteries of the universe!"
"Did you ever think about the consequences?" Nehru asked deadpan as her eyes traveled around the scene.
Mage chuckled again and replied confidently, "Of course not! What fun would that make it?"
!!!!
At that very moment, Connlaoth's secret anti-magic police, the Murdacai, came onto the scene. Or rather, revealed themselves. They all took off their super ninja blankets that were painted in such a way that would make them blend in with the environment and pounced on Mage, commencing to beat him with sticks. As they started to haul him away, the woman citizen who was beating on F-Zero ran over and started beating on Mage now.
"I know what you're looking for! Help me!" Mage called out before one of the Murdacai bashed him in the lip with a stick. "Ouch! That's smarts, good sir!" And the Murdacai hit him again. "Ow! Good sir, not in the lip!" And the Murdacai hit him again.
*bing!*
Nehru's eyes popped open to attention when she heard Mage's words. "Hey! Hold up!"
The lead Murdacai, Clark, held up his hand and explained, "This man is under arrest for stupidity man, ma'am, we-"
"One question! One question!" Nehru pressed as she ran towards the Mage in custody.
"Move along, ma'am!" Clark ordered.
"I can't tell you, I can only show you!" Mage called out before one of the Murdacai bashened him in the lip with a stick again. "Ah! Would you please stop doing that, good sir?" And the Murdacai hit him again.
Nehru smacked herself in the head, "Please don't tell me that I have to rescue you and therefore become an outlaw in doing so just to get to the where I want to go..."
"It was going to happen sooner or later," Mage responded. "You know these fancy epic quest deals."
"Leave him alone, ma'am!" Clark insisted as he was nipping at Nehru's heels.
Nehru sighed as she ran along. "Fine..."
[EDIT:] Nehru and Mage suddenly turned invisible.
"What the? Where'd they go?" The Murdacai were astounded.
Clark stopped and clenched his fist, "Grr! I can feel myself becoming one of those annoying, recurring minor bad guys driven by hate/revenge that constantly hound the hero. But I'm going to be the most vicious recurring minor bad guy that the world has ever known! NEHRU! I'M COMING FOR YOU! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE ME!!"

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the city, in a back alleyway of course...
[EDIT:] Nehru and Mage suddenly became visible.
"Alright, where is it? And why couldn't you just tell me?" asked Nehru, crossing her arms expectantly.
As Mage prettied up his robe, he confessed, "That's only half of the truth, I'm afraid. The other half is that I wanted someone else to be here against the law as well."
Nehru's facial expression dropped. "...You're kidding?"
"Like I said," began Mage cordially, "it's one of the greatest mysteries of the universe, and it spreads like wildfire! Every magic user wants to come to Connlaoth just because they know they're not supposed to be here!"
"Okay...I'll just have to let this one slide," Nehru gave in. "So where is the Restaurant?"
"Yeah! Where's the Restaurant?" Kelly added on.
"OW! Where's the grub!" F-Zero gave his input.
Nehru slowly glanced over her shoulder at the two musicians who seemed to be everywhere. She inquired of them, "How do you two move around so easily...?"
"Plot holes, man! Plot holes!" Kelly explained, making a circle with her two hands.
(camera switch to Mage again)
"Now then, as I have told you before, I can only show you the location of the Restaurant. Therefore, follow me if you would..." Mage briefed them as he started off.

Eventually, somewhere else in the city, in another back alley...
"Here we are!" announced Mage proudly as he crossed his arms.
F-Zero and Kelly were looking around, expecting to see something.
"This is an alley," Nehru stated blankly.
"So it would appear!" Mage countered after a short chuckle. "But trust me, good lady, this is where the Restaurant is to be found!"
"How do you know about the Restaurant anyway?" Nehru asked as she slipped her thumbs into her coat pockets.
Mage flashed a broad smile and reached into his pocket to withdraw the same kind of business card that Nehru was given. "Because I work for Charon, good lady."
*mreow*
Mage turned his head towards the sound and said, "Ah! Here he is!"
A gray cat stepped out from behind some barrels and looked apprehensively at the group.
"Kitty!" Kelly shrieked excitedly as she pointed at it.
"Shhh!" Mage hissed. "Don't scare him away!"
*mreow*
"...What's the cat have to do with anything?" Nehru inquired skeptically.
As Mage kneeled down, he explained, "Only everything, my dear. This is The French Fry Cat. He is the Doorkeeper for Charon's Restaurant, meaning that he is the only way into her Restaurant."
"Whoa dude...what kind of restaurant is this?" F-Zero asked as he regarded the cat in a whole new light.
Mage smirked and glanced at the rocker, "One like you have never seen before, my friend..."
*mreow*
Mage reached into his robe's pocket and extracted a singular french fry and offered it to the cat, "Here you go."
*mreow!*
(Note: The French Fry cat only likes Burger King fries)
After the cat successfully mooched the fry, a door apparently leading to no where abruptly appeared. Mage stood back up and glanced back at Nehru as he gestured at the door, "Welcome to Charon's Restaurant, my good lady."

Anonymous

Mage opened the door for Nehru and her musical comrades and stepped aside, allowing them passage.
After a side glance to both F-Zero and Kelly, who both had that 'Maybe you should go first' face, Nehru stepped forward and through the portal-
!!!!
Not too surprisingly, it was like walking into...a restaurant. The main chamber was brightly lit and expansive, with all the trappings of an expensive, top-rate restaurant and then some. The carpet was dark blue with complex orange geometric line designs throughout it.
*awe-inspiring, sense of wonder music*
"This way, my lady," said Mage as he closed the door behind them.
He guided them through the maze of tables and the people and the waiters walking to and fro (<- now that's a pretty archaic phrase). Finally, he led them to a door that was more or less sanctioned away from the main part of the restaurant. On the door, there was a picture of a blue circle being orbited by a smaller, white circle.
"Charon is a very...unique individual," briefed Mage. "Do as she asks, and everything will flow smooth as silk."
He smiled and took out a key from his robe, and used it to open the door, once again stepping aside to allow Nehru and company passage.
Nehru walked into the dimly lit room-
"Let's skip the scenery, and let them dream it up themselves," said someone in the room.
(I wonder who it could be...?)
"You're Charon?" asked Nehru.
The person, her back to Nehru and hands held behind her back, slowly glanced over her shoulder, "Yes."
--Charon had very fine black hair, with sparse white streaks, that extended down just past her shoulders. Her eyes were frosty white in hue, almost like dry ice against a white background. She was gaunt and lengthy in stature, and wore an outfit that was frozen blue in color.--
"Do you like my description?" inquired Charon with a small perk of a smile. "I wrote it myself."
Nehru blinked. "Huh?"
"Have a seat," offered Charon as she made a small gesture to the two chairs across the circular table from her.
Nehru sat down in said chair while F-Zero and Kelly stepped in and Mage closed the door behind them once again.
Nehru glanced around, wondering how to begin. Maybe blurt tactics would be best. "Would you-"
"Wait," interrupted Charon, who was making a conscious effort to avoid looking directly at Nehru. "On the table in front of you is a pair of sunglasses, put them on."
Indeed, there was a pair of sunglasses on the table in front of her. Nehru glanced down at them, then asked innocently, "Why?"
"Just do it," replied Charon in a beseeching way.
Couldn't hurt.
Nehru picked up the sunglasses and-
*PZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!!!*
"Ow!" Nehru yelped as her hand recoiled from the massive static shock. "That did hurt! Ow...my pinky..."
After Charon was done with her little gigglefest, she spoke, "I apologize - a little practical joke. But please, I still want you to put on the sunglasses."
F-Zero was holding back laughs about as good as a cardboard dam would a river, while Kelly nearly had a stroke she was laughing so much. Mage was standing by, smiling amusedly.
Despite the wonderful encouragement of her friends, Nehru once again reached for the sunglasses - no shock this time - and put them on.
Charon slipped on a pair of her own sunglasses and sat down in her chair. With an edge of a smirk, she said, "Once again, I apologize. I'm just tired of most everyone using the phrase 'Couldn't hurt' as their sole reason for doing something."
Nehru blinked, "How did you...?" Maybe some things were best left alone. "Nevermind. So...uh...what's with the shades?"
"I don't feel comfortable making eye contact with people when I talk to them - it's one of my numerous quirks," explained Charon.
Nehru's eyes squinted as she failed to understand. "...Why is that?"
Charon shrugged nonchalantly. "I just do." She paused (<- nice dramatic effect: 10 points). "You'll come to learn that 'just' is a very powerful word. It can explain anything without really explaining it. In fact, would you like to know what I think? I think that the word 'just' is the Anti-Why. While 'why' is a word of ultimate complexity, 'just' is a word of ultimate simplicity."
Mage scratched his chin and asked, making sure to don sunglasses before he spoke, "Is this the philosophical discussion part?"
"Indeed it is," replied Charon with an engaged smile.
"Splendid, I always enjoy these," commented Mage enthusiastically.
Nehru, all the while, was thinking about something after Charon's speech about the merits of the word 'just'. "Can I see what shoes you wear?"
Without a second thought, "Certainly!" And Charon shifted in her chair so that her footwear might be visible.
And what she wore were a nice new pair of Nikes.
"Thought so," said Nehru. "Anyway, I wanted-"
"Who are you, really?" F-Zero blurted out. (<- Plot Device #57, the Blurt of Fate. Beware.)
"Hey!" Nehru chastised as she turned around on him. She pointed to her face and asked, "Who's wearing the sunglasses? Huh? Who's wearing the sunglasses?"
"Oh, my bad." Improvising the best way he could, F-Zero wrapped duct tape around his head and asked again, "Who are you, really?"
Kelly gave the rockstar a whithering look and inquired patronizingly, "Can you breathe in there?"
"No..." whimpered F-Zero (<- I'm with stupid).
"It's been a while since I answered that question for someone," started Charon, unsheathing a grin. "I am a Rough Character in the story. My flaw is that I had too many quirks, and so I didn't survive the Brainstorm, and thus didn't make it into the Final Draft, like many others. We don't actually go anywhere, but we don't take part in the story either. We're just a part of a world that doesn't know we exist and creations of a creator that forgot about us.
"I myself aspired to be more than just a wanderer, like a lot of the other Roughs. I originally founded my Restaurant as a haven for others like me, but I've gained quite a bit of notoriety over time. Now I host everything from Waiters to NPCs, from Sides to Bench Warmers."
"Bench Warmers?" inquired Nehru.
"Yes," said Charon. "Characters that are neglected because there is simply no time for them or their 'muse', as some people like to call it, is gone for a while. Could you show them, Mage?"
"Certainly, my lady," complied Mage as he took out a key and unlocked another door in the room and opened it up.
In the Bench Warmer's room was pleasant scenery...and lots of benches. Among those sitting patiently in the room were Father Irving Savarin and Sir Adamant Isenhart (and probably some that YOU might recognize...you know who they are...)
All of the Bench Warmers brightened up with hope when the door opened, but Mage waved his hand, "Sorry, false alarm," and shut the door.
"What a terrible fate..." remarked F-Zero.
"That sucks..." was Kelly's input.
Charon crossed her legs and continued, "This leads me to wonder why the Main Character, the Protagonist herself, has come to my little abode. I can only guess that you're here to partake in the servies of my second profession."
"Which is?" asked Nehru.
Charon cocked her head to the side. "Would you like a drink?" she inquired, going totally off subject.
"You're a bartender??" exclaimed the duct-taped F-Zero, and Kelly smacked him for being stupid.
"...Sure, I guess," replied Nehru awkwardly.
Charon glanced in Mage's direction and asked of him, "Could you get us two drinks? With ice, of course. Definitely ice. Lots of ice."
"At once, my good lady," responded Mage as he went about his business.
Charon refocused her attention on Nehru. "Anyway, I happen to be a vendor of information. Even though I'm not actually a part of the story, I like to know everything I can about it.
"You were...sent by that idiot, the Melovingian, weren't you?"
"You don't like him?" questioned Nehru curiously.
Charon flashed a nasty smirk, "Of course not. Ever since he found out about me he came under the impression that I work for him. He's a megolomaniacal egotist with nothing better to do than come up with new schemes for more power. I really hate Archetypes like him."
"So...does that mean you won't answer my question?" asked Nehru with an unsure glance.
"No," assured Charon. "I have a growing interest in you, Protagonist. I'll hear you out for the chance to learn more about you. Ask away."
Nehru straightened up, then went straight to the point, "Where's the MacGuffin?"

Anonymous

Mage came back with the drinks (with ice. Definitely ice. Lots of ice) and set one at each end of the table, then went back to his post.
Charon picked up her glass. "The MacGuffin..." She sipped on her cold drink. "This truly is a strange happening. And why do you want to find the MacGuffin, Protagonist?"
"I have to find it for the Melovingian," answered Nehru.
Charon unveiled a tiny, demure smile. "How come I had a bad feeling that you were going to say that?" She set her glass back down. "And what do you hope to achieve by getting the MacGuffin and delivering it to the Melovingian?"
"Well..." Nehru started, rather unsure about herself. "I guess I'm hoping he can help me in return."
"And what is it that you are trying to do...?" pressed Charon, still trying to pry that single piece of information she needed from her.
Nehru glanced around, becoming more and more lost the deeper her own motives were analyzed. "Um..." She kept thinking about it, but was like doing Advanced Calculus on a Monday morning...ouch...my brain cells...stupid X...why can't you just equal 2 all the time...and Y too...but Z is cool...he's cool-
And then it hit her. She slowly focused back on Charon and said with all certainty, "I don't know."
The entrepreneur grinned with unfathomable glee. "Of course! Everyone, but you,  knows."
"That really helps me," commented Nehru as she crossed her arms irritatedly.
"Don't worry about that; just do what you have to do, and you'll figure it out," was Charon's advice.
"Um...thanks," replied Nehru uncertainly. "So where's the MacGuffin?"
"Would you like to play a game of Duck Duck Goose?" Charon asked abruptly, digressing again.
"Duck Duck who?" Nehru was puzzled.
"You've never heard of it?" Charon chuckled. "It's a simple little game where a bunch of people say 'Duck' and one particularly evil cookie says 'Goose'. Whoever gets the goose put to them usually has to put something silly in their signature or swear false allegiance to someone for a while. It's quite popular nowadays."
"I wanna play! I wanna play!" Kelly exclaimed, jumping up and down in 'Pick me! Pick me!' fashion.
"Duck Duck Goose! ROCK ON!!" F-Zero struck a loud note on his guitar for punctuation (<- what happened to the duct-tape?).
"Wait, wait," interrupted Nehru. "Could you just tell me where the MacGuffin is? Please?"
Charon looked like she just snapped back into reality. "Oh! I apologize. I get sidetracked quite often - it's another little quirk of mine." She composed herself and picked up where she left off, "The MacGuffin is an elusive object. I don't think anyone knows exactly where it is - most have only heard of it from someone who heard of it from someone else who heard of it."
Nehru thought about it. "But someone has to know where it is, right?"
A slow smile slid across Charon's face, and she pronounced her answer very precisely, "Exactly!" She lifted her drink from the table and partook from it. "And fortunately, I just happen to have a lead on the MacGuffin's current owner."
"You do!?" both F-Zero and Kelly exclaimed.
"No kidding??" Nehru was similarly in disbelief.
Charon put her drink back on the table and stated, "But if I sell you this piece of information, I would like something in exchange..."
(Now would be a good time for a phrase like 'Nothing is free' or 'There's always a catch')
"There's always a catch," remarked F-Zero.
(See, what'd I tell you? Who's the man? Who's the man?)
Nehru exhaled. "Ok...what is it?"
Charon smiled slyly. "You were going to deliver the MacGuffin to the Melovingian, weren't you? All I want is for you to return the MacGuffin to me instead. I can help you in the same way that he could have, if not better."
Bound by unquestionable honor and loyalty, Nehru answered, "Works for me."
"Excellent!" chimed Charon. "Alright, Protagonist, you will need to go to the DMV. There you will find a special building. If you make it there on time, you will find a man named Marius. He should have the MacGuffin."
"Are you sure? Because last time we were led around in circles," questioned Nehru.
Charon stood up from her chair and spoke as she rose, "Trust me."
Nehru's eyebrow twitched, "Sure..."
Charon strolled back over to her original spot in the room, with her back to Nehru again. "It's been an experience speaking with you, Protagonist. Do you have my card?"
Nehru felt her pocket as she stood up, "Yeah. What for?"
Charon glanced over her shoulder with a spectre of a grin in her expression. "Take a few more from Mage. I always enjoy a good shameless plug for my Restaurant here and there."
"Are you trying to turn me into a walking advertisement?" Nehru questioned as she accepted a stack of business cards from Mage.
"Maybe..." Charon answered playfully. After that, she spoke, "I hope we meet again soon."
"I'll see what I can do," said Nehru as she took off  the shades and laid them back down on the table.
Mage strode to the door and opened it-
(>>| Fast forward to next interesting part >>|)
"Best of luck to you, good lady," Mage gave his adieu (<- style points: 10) after guiding them back to the front door. "If you ever want to come back, or walk the streets of Connlaoth just because we're not supposed to, I shall be here."
"Thanks," Nehru responded as Mage opened the front door for them.
!!!!
And, not too surprisingly, walking out the door was like walking out of...a restaurant.
And they were back in that alley, the French Fry Cat and the door both gone.
"Ok...so where's the DMV?" Nehru asked of her comrades.
"Hold on! Let's consult-" F-Zero perked his eyebrows suggestively, "-the map!"
The rocker whipped out a nice, fancy new map with the word 'Version 9.0' on the back in big letters. "Hmm...let's see here..."
"What's this?" Kelly started to reach towards something on the ground.
!!!!
At that very moment, Connlaoth's secret anti-magic police, the Murdacai, threw off their super ninja blankets that were painted in such a way as to blend in with the environment.
"Freeze, Nehru!" yelled out Clark, the lead Murdacai and new annoying, recurring minor bad guy. "We have you surrounded!!"

Post-Post Tidbit: -Charon's Business Card

<center></center>

Feel free to take the MiniVersion and pass them around! Remember, Charon always enjoys a good shameless plug for her Restaurant!

<center></center>

Anonymous

"Um...yeah," started Nehru in her defense. "We were just about to leave-"
"Silence!" Clark yelled before he jumped down from his rooftop perch. He stomped right up to her and pointed his finger in her face. "You're going to be taken to the Matron and tried by her justice!"
"Hey! You can't do this!" F-Zero exclaimed.
Then suddenly, that woman from earlier came out of nowhere and clobbered F-Zero, proceeding then to beat him with a stick.
"No!" Kelly yelled out in concern.
Clark grinned at the devastation. "Any questions?"
"Alright! Alright! You can take me but leave my friends out of it!" Nehru offered desperately.
The lead Murdacai looked a little surprised. "Well, I hadn't thought of holding your friends hostage but that's a good idea..." Clark cracked his knuckles, then gave it a whirl, "Come quietly and I promise your friends immunity!"
"Ok...I'll come," Nehru conceded.

Later, at the Matron's palace.
"Wait here, the Matron will deal with you shortly," ordered Clark as the rest of the Murdacai took their positions along the causeway to the palace.
"I just want to tell you that," Nehru started, "because you advertise being Anti-Magic, you know that everything Magical is bound to come your way, right?"
"Enough!" Clark glanced up at the doors to the palace, from which a faint, tension building wind was blowing. "Here she comes!"
The palace doors burst open-
!!!!
*Da, Da, Da, Dun, Da-Da, Dun, Da-Da!*
"Darth Jenny!" Clark pronounced the name with fear and respect.
"Uh oh..." started Nehru breathlessly.
The Matron was clad in all black, with boots, gloves, cape, and trademark helmet included. She stepped right up to Nehru and said in the most deep, unearthly, mechanical, harsh, raspy voice in the world, "NEHRU..."
And Nehru gulped worriedly (<- wouldn't you?).
Then, Darth Jenny reached up and took off the helmet-
To reveal a strikingly beautiful, blond hair and blue eyed young woman. She said then in the most gentle, melodic, angelic, soft, comforting voice in the world, "...I am your mother."
Nehru-was-speechless...for a second, "Not uh."
Jenny nodded and admitted, "Yes...that is true. I just like the shock factor."
"And...what's with the costume?" asked Nehru.
The Matron surveyed her costume in question and replied, a little hurt, "You don't...like it...?" Her eyes began to well up with water-
Nehru shook her hands rapidly. "No! No! It's a good costume! I like it! Really! Don't cry!"
"Matron!" Clark interjected. "This criminal has been brought before you for your judgment!" He nudged Nehru rudely and demanded, "Do you have anything to say for yourself??"
"One plus one doesn't equal two?" were Nehru's hasty words.
"Huh?" Clark was puzzled.
"Hmm..." Jenny purred. "Interesting. There is only one way to solve this..."
"But I don't even understand what she said!" Clark made his ply.
"Neither do I," added Nehru sincerely.
"Shut up, you!" snarled Clark.
Jenny produced two metallic hilts of some sort and tossed one to Nehru, who clumsily caught it.
*PHVOOOOM!*
"Lightscaber duel," challenged Jenny as a blade of red light extended out from her hilt.
"A...Lightscaber?" Nehru was puzzled as she observed the hilt. "What's a Lightscaber?"
"A scaber. Made of light," Jenny answered simply as she twirled her's around (<- Who wants to buy replicas? Be honest now).
Nehru looked like many people who just heard an 'it's the most obvious thing in the world' answer: Completely lost. "Uh..."
Jenny slowly placed her helmet on her head and pointed her Lightscaber at Nehru, saying in her first, scary voice again, "FIGHT!"
*PHVOOOOM!*
A blade of blue light extended from Nehru's hilt, just in time to block the incoming vertical slash.
*PZZZZUM!* (<- we have an awesome sound effects department)
"Aren't you guys Anti-Magic?" asked Nehru as she pushed Darth Jenny back.
"CORRECT," she replied before she launched forward with a series of attacks, which Nehru had to dodge by bouncing back.
*PZZZZUM!*
"Then why are we using these magic sword-things?" questioned Nehru as she blocked another slash.
"IT'S NOT MAGIC. IT'S SCIENCE!" clarified Darth Jenny forcefully as she spun her Lightscaber around to break the hold.
Nehru capitalized in that one split second when both of them were open after the hold was broken and thrusted her Lightscaber into Darth Jenny's abdomen-
Nothing happened.
"Um...I got you?" stated a confused Nehru, still holding the 'scaber in her opponent's stomach.
"WELL, IT *IS* ONLY MADE OF LIGHT," explained Darth Jenny.
Nehru bonked herself on the forehead, "Should have known. Well, I guess I could try this-"
*BINK!* (<- Like I said)
Nehru uppercutted Darth Jenny with the bottom end of the Lightscaber's hilt, knocking her helmet off and staggering her.
"Ouch!" exclaimed Jenny as she clutched her face.
"Get her!!" barked Clark.
The Murdacai all rushed forward-
"This party's gettin' crazy!" came the voice of Dante outta...nowhere (<- see Devil May Cry 3).
!!!!
*BINK!* *BINK!* *BINK!*
Seeing that their first three comrades just got laid out by Nehru's Lightscaber-hilt-fu, the Murdacai decided to resort to a different tactic: American Ninja style!
The Murdacai all made a big circle around Nehru, then proceeded to attack one-at-a-time while the rest of them danced around/bounced around/scratched themselves/played cards/generally tried to look busy.
*BINK!*
Next-
*BINK!*
Next...
*BINK!*
Obviously, that wasn't quite working out either. So one of the smarter Murdacai pulled something out of his pocket and shouted, "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"
Nehru was caught by surprise. "Wha-"
*WHOOOSH!*
The thrown plumbing tool smacked Nehru right her pinky finger, causing her to yelp and drop her Lightscaber to cradle her aching finger.
"Ow! Not my pinky again! ow...ow...ow..." Nehru lamented.
Clark grinned as the Murdacai closed in, "You'll never escape, Nehru! We have you now!"
Nehru glanced around frantically, "I have to get out of here-"
*ding* *idea*
She reached into her coat and, utilizing the Principle of Untold Detail, extracted a can of Red Bull and gulped it down. Almost immediately, she sprouted wings and took flight, flying way out of reach of the Murdacai.
"Lost another one to Ditech!" exclaimed Clark angrily as he watched Nehru's escape.
"Red Bull, sir," corrected one of the Murdacai.
"Whatever!" Clark scowled and entered creepy, monologue mode, "Mark my words...as the greatest annoying, recurring minor bad guy in the world, this isn't over yet!"
The empty can of Red Bull fell from the sky and hit Clark in the head.
One of the Murdacai snickered.

Anonymous

Nehru landed back in the alley where F-Zero and Kelly were...uh, 'held captive' after the attack.
"I'm glad you two are alright!" Nehru gushed.
"We never were in much danger," Kelly stated plainly.
F-Zero was busy tracing lines on the map, plotting out the quickest route to-
"Ah ha! I have it!" X announced proudly.
"That was pretty quick," remarked Nehru.
"ROCK CITY! OOOW!" F-Zero hollered excitedly. "THE PROMISED LAND OF NOTHING BUT HARD FREAKING ROCK ALL NIGHT! AND NACHOES TOO!! OOOW!!"
"Yeah! Alright!" Kelly burst out as she broke into dance.
Nehru's face slowly dropped into dismay. "ROCK CITY (OOOW?)? No, no, we gotta go to the DMV-"
"Whatta you mean we??" F-Zero responded. "Just use AutoNav (<- copyright, SotE characters conglomeration, 2005) and automatically find your way to the DMV without any help like any other character would! But me and Kelly are going to ROCK CITY! OOOW!"
Nehru furrowed her eyebrows frustratedly. "No! We can't go to ROCK CITY (OOOW!) now, there's more important things for us to do-"
(Super Super Argue Mode Engaged!)
F-Zero: "Nothing is more important than ROCK CITY! (OOOW!)"
Nehru: "The DMV is!"
???: "um...hello..."
F-Zero: "ROCK CITY (OOOW!) is sacred ground!"
Nehru: "I bet the DMV is too-"
F-Zero: "The DMV is stinky and bums live there!"
???: "hello...?"
Nehru: "Too bad, cause that's where we need to go!"
F-Zero: "The DMV sucks! ROCK CITY (OOOW!) is better!"
???: *achoo!*
Nehru: "Bless you! Now we're going to the DMV and that's that!"
F-Zero: "Well Bless you too! And I'm still going to ROCK-"
Nehru: Hey, wait a second.
(Super Super Argue Mode Disengaged)
"Was that you?" asked Nehru, glancing around.
"Probably," started X, "I had beans and rotten eggs last night-"
Nehru grimaced and shook her head. "No! No! The sneeze! Did you sneeze?"
"No..." F-Zero answered, tapping a finger on his right cheek. "But I bet it was that mysterious ??? character that showed up during Super Super Argue Mode."
Nehru blinked. "Who?"
"hello...?" said the quiet voice of ???.
Nehru focused on the source of the nearly inaudible sound and found a little green chibi floaty fairy thingy with bat wings hovering around her waist.
Nehru blinked again. "Uh...hi there little green chibi floaty fairy thingy with bat wings."
The little gre-...ah you get the point, looked up at Nehru with her big, pleading eyes and asked, "are you nehru?'
She nodded slowly and confusedly. "Yeah...?"
"oh!" the fairy pulled out a piece of parchment from behind her back (<- remember that trick? eh?) and unrolled it. "*ahem* you, nehru, have been selected by the cute mascot association to have a cute mascot assigned to you to accompany you on any misadventures or what-have-you and to enhance the appeal of your story."
Nehru had that 'Hello, I'm lost' face. "...Cute Mascot Association?"
The mascot nodded her head twice. "we 're an association of cute and adorable critters that... cute and adorable critters that-"
All of sudden she started crying profusely.
And Nehru, F-Zero, and Kelly almost panicked. "What is it??"
"i'm not cute or adorable!" the fairy explained sorrowfully between tears. "the others make fun of me..."
(Audience: Awwwwwwwwwwwww...)
"What?" Nehru was shocked.
The fairy wiped her face and elaborated tearfully, "it's true. they poke my wings and dump water on my head and trip me in the hallway and booby trap my lunchbox and write 'icky wicky' on my door and keep stealing my left shoe and they call me Fish!"
"Fish?" Once again, Nehru decided it was better not to ask. "What's your real name?"
Fish wiped her face again and brightened up a bit, "my name is priscilla patricia padmei padilla pnandra potomo papeia penocio pio penny the third. thank you for asking!"
Peter Piper threw down his peck of pickled peppers and stormed off angrily.
And Nehru was left dangling. "So I understand that you're called Fish, huh? Heh...heh..."
Fish frowned. "yeah...those guys in the feline department are so mean. i wish... i just wish that i could look like the other fairies..."
Nehru cocked her head to the side. "And how could you do that?"
Fish put a small, chibi finger to her mouth thoughtfully and replied, "twinkle wings. every fairy in the department has a pair. except...there's one little thing."
"What?" inquired Nehru, eyeing the hovering fairy.
"twinkle wings are uber loot..." answered Fairy nervously.
"NO PROBLEM!" roared F-Zero X, nearly scaring the daylights out of Fish. He pointed his finger at her and offered, "We'll do it just for you!"
"Yeah!" exclaimed Kelly, adding on. "There's no uber loot that we can't get! Right, Nehru!?"
Nehru scratched the back of her neck, "Um...yeah, sure."
"wow! you will?" Fish was overjoyed. "thank you!"
Father Irving Savarin and Sir Adamant Isenhart walked by spontaneously with signs that read 'Looking for work. Help!'
"Say..." started Nehru. "You wouldn't, I don't know, maybe happen to know the way to the DMV would you?"
"hmm..." Fish's eyes rolled around as she thought about it. "no...but maybe you could check old plot device prophet?"
"You know about him?" Nehru was a bit surprised.
The fairy smiled a tiny bit and said modestly, "I did my homework...when water wasn't getting dumped on my head, anyway."
Nehru reached into her coat pocket and withdrew the puppet, accidently yanking his string.
"One plus one doesn't equal two!" said the creaky-voiced prophet.
Nehru strangled the doll and spoke forcefully, "Stop stealing my cryptic lines of hidden messages and tell me the way to the DMV!"
She pulled the string.
"Ughgrrragrruhgrrr!"
"Oh," Nehru stopped strangling the puppet and pulled the string again.
"I'm tired...just fade the scene out to black and the next scene will be in the DMV. I promise... Zzzzzzzzz..."
Nehru's eyebrows twitched in an annoyed fashion, "Helpful as always."
Father Irving Savarin and Sir Adamant Isenhart walked by spontaneously with signs that read, 'The post is over. Go and post your characters before they end up like us! A tale of woe!'

Post-Post Tidbit: - Denied applications for the Cute Mascot Association

Ryo Ohki: Chronic bank robber. Also has sporadic cases of scabies. This little troublemaker may be cute, but was arrested in 37 states and 4 foreign countries. Loves carrots (but not carrot juice), but don't feed him after midnight.

Menchi: Supposedly very tasty. This little pouch may be cute, but he's had several plastic surgeries to repair bite damage and replace eaten limbs. Ouch. Free copies of Microsoft Excel with every purchase of a Menchi.

Tinkerbell: Older than dirt, though might not look it. This little trixy may be cute, but she's a hellcat in the bedroom. She referred to as "The Queen of the Whip" and "Mistress Naughty Bells".

Pikachu: Raging alcoholic, even though it all enters and leaves his body through his big mouth. This little rodent may be cute, but he's electricuted the guys at Alcoholics Anonymous too many times. They really are good folks, and don't deserve that.