Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not all treasure is golden

Started by Anonymous, September 18, 2011, 05:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Tatsu scoffed slightly at her comment. "Hang on and you shall not fall. If you do fall, I will catch you, but that is irrelevent. I will not let you fall." Once he was sure she'd managed to climb up and get a good grip on his mane he slowly rose back to his full height. He had no wings, but who said a dragon needed wings to fly?

"Remember, hang on." He lifted his front legs from the ground, slowly his entire body lifted from the ground. His long, serpentine body snaked out as he spirled up and and up on wind currents. It looked like he was swimming through the sky as he flew slowly at first, picking up sped at a steady pace.

"How's the view?" It wouldn't take them too long at all to circle around the mountain this way.

CastlesInTheSky

Adriana looked below her, eyes sparkling. She wasn't afraid at all. It made her recall the times she used her own wings to fly. Oh, how she missed those times! But, even if she couldn't fly herself, it made her extremely happy to be flying again in any way. She watched the trees become smaller, and as of now they looked like toys. It was as if she could pluck one up and move it.

"This is wonderful!" She laughed lightly, for the first time in a long time. It made her feel so light, so happy. "I used to fly, you know.."

Anonymous

Tatsu soared through the air, his long, lithe body twisting as he moved back and forth, eyes scanning the ground below him for any signs of humanoid life. He let out his low, rumbling laugh again as he heard her soft laughter. It was a beautiful sound, almost musical.

"I am glad you're enjoying the ride! Just don't forget to keep an eye out for your brother." He swooped, letting them dive towards the ground, leveling out to search at a slightly lower level as they snaked their way around the mountains.

CastlesInTheSky

Adriana wondered how Tatsu kept in the air without any wings. She herself used them, but how did he fly? She assumed it must be magic. As she heart his laughter, she was sure that he was an amazing creature from legend. A friend from legend, really.

"I won't, I promise." She scanned the area, but she couldn't catch her brother's form. It disheartened her, but then she remembered that they had just started. It was okay. She said, "It's okay if we don't find him at first, right? Do you think he still must be out there? What if something happened to him?"

Anonymous

Yes, it was a form of magic that allowed Tatsu to swim through the air as easily as a fish swam through water. All dragons of his clan flew in this way. Wings was just not something they had in their bloodline.

He contemplated her concerns, trying to decide how best to answer. "Do not worry, Miss Adriana. We will find him. There is much ground to cover, and there is always the possibility that he simply hasn't made it here yet."

CastlesInTheSky

Adriana nodded. "Okay, thank you, sir." She smiled a little. Silently, she looked down, scanning carefully. She didn't want to miss him. And he certainly wouldn't be looking for a dragon flying by. That would actually probably make him a bit flustered. But that didn't matter.

"Why are you helping me, sir?" She tilted her head to the side.

Anonymous

Tatsu wound his way back and forth, making sure that they would cover every inch of ground. He wondered if the girl's brother was even here, but he would carry her for hours. It gave him an excuse to fly, and it had been a while since he'd really gotten to stretch out and just enjoy getting to fly through the sky.

"Why shouldn't I? You needed help. It is in my nature to help..." He didn't want to say "helpless" the girl might be offended, but it was the truth. "...you are a pretty young lady. What can I say? I cannot resist."

CastlesInTheSky

Adriana was enjoying the flight. Even if it took a long time, she was happy to be in the air and searching for her brother. She felt like nothing could go wrong.

Though she was rather naive in one way or another, she couldn't help but be cautious of people. She had learned that quick trust was not a good trait, but she found herself with it nonetheless. She felt somehow like she could trust him. Somehow.

"Oh, I see. Well, Thank you, sir." For a moment, she sat silent, letting the wind ruffle her hair. "What are you doing on these mountains?"

Anonymous

Tatsu was trustworthy, luckily for Adriana. He could tell she was enjoying flying with him. He had always loved to fly too. He wondered why anyone would clip the poor girl's wings. Hopefully they would recover in time and she would be able to soar once again.

He chuckled faintly as she thanked him. "I was up here hunting relics. There are many magical relics and artifacts in these mountains."

CastlesInTheSky

Adriana wasn't sure if the wings would grow back, but the truth was that they would. It would take a couple months to grow back and a couple more to regain the muscle needed to fly, but with determination, she would soar in the skies again.

"I see..." She scanned the ground carefully, thinking she saw him, but it was only a scampering animal. "That's why I think he's here. He mentioned this place, wanting to search for something valuable."

Anonymous

So Adriana's brother was after an artifact up here, was he? Well there were plenty of them to go around, although if he was looking for a specific one, he might find himself overwhelmed. Ah, well that couldn't be much helped, could it? Hopefully they would be able to find him. For Adriana's sake he hoped the young man was okay.

"Well maybe I can help your brother find this relic he's after. First we must find your brother. Just keep your eyes open and don't worry. We will find him, this area is huge, he could be anywhere up here."

CastlesInTheSky

"Oh, I don't think he's searching for anything in particular. I'm pretty sure he's just wanting to get some money with anything he can find." Her brother wasn't picky. She hoped he wasn't out there, stealing from somebody. That could get him into some huge trouble. Once again...she sighed, a bit frustrated with him.

"And I'm keeping my eyes peeled, don't worry. "

Anonymous

Ah, so he was just after things to peddle, then. Well, that was what Tatsu did up here, and made a good living off of it. There was still plenty of artifacts to go around. This would have been so much easier had the siblings not been separated.

"So Adriana, how did you and your brother manage to escape slavery? I am glad you did, but I find it curious."

CastlesInTheSky

"We both kinda sneaked away...he worked outside and I worked inside, and we tried to run off. They almost got both of us. He hid me in a barn and they took him away. They punished him, it was horrible. But I wouldn't leave the hiding spot until I knew he left. One day, he managed to get away, but I couldn't go with him where he was going, because he was flying. And he thought I already left, so...that's why." She let out a soft sigh.

Anonymous

Tatsu listened to her patiently. That was quite a story, but they were both free now, at least, they were if her brother had not been recaptured. That would be problematic, wouldn't it? Well, he would do what he could for Adriana, until her brother was able to reunite with her. He couldn't just leave her alone, that would be a horrible thing to do.

"Well, I am glad that you are free now, and that I found you so that I can keep you safe. Hopefully I will be able to help both you and your brother ensure that you are never put in such a position again."

CastlesInTheSky

"That would be nice, yeah." She smiled. There wasn't any sort of person she'd met before that would do all these things for her. Though he wasn't exactly a person. She wondered if all dragons were like him. She had never seen one before him.

"Sir, are all dragons like you? I mean, are they all friendly and honorable? I thought all dragons breathed fire and were warlike creatures before..."

Anonymous

Tatsu didn't mind going out of his way to help Adriana. There was just something in him that couldn't leave a poor, helpless girl on her own. If he could help, then he simply had to help. This mindset of his, habit, whatever you wanted to call it, had gotten him into trouble more than once.

He turned his great head to peer back at the young woman on his back as she asked him if all dragons were like him. "Like me? No, I should think not. There are many kinds of dragons, and they are all different in their personalities. My clan believe as I believe, but they are gone now."

CastlesInTheSky

Adriana was lucky to have found Tatsu. He was probably the only person on the entire mountain who would actually help her without much hesitation or without anything in return.

Adriana kept the thought to herself, but she had never thought dragons could talk, either. It did indeed make things easier, and she thought it was interesting. "They're gone? I'm sorry." She patted him on the side. "I bet everyone would be happier if there were more people like you." She was glad to be accompanied by such an interesting and smart person.