Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Two wanderer walk into a bar. The third one ducks.

Started by Anonymous, October 01, 2011, 05:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Tavath turned to yell at her, and Rica had to pull on just about all her patience not to try to slug him again. She had no clue what she was going to do with him. The man was an idiot.

"Are you even listening to yourself!?" The Yoreiqi shouted right back at him. "Toads!? Clouds of dust!? What's the matter with you!?" She bellowed, and then remembered whom she was dealing with.

"Bah! Fucking Connlaothians!" The woman threw her hands up, thoroughly frustrated as she moved to the counter. In a moment, she dove behind it, and fished out her long knife that she had turned over when she came in. Grumbling under her breath, the Yoreiqi then went to pick up the rest of her belongings, afterwards glaring darkly at the trio that owned the place. They didn't seem like they wanted to attack her now that she had a genuine weapon back in her hands, which was for the better in her mind.

Not giving her companion another glance, as it might just compel her to yell some more at him, she trotted away, straight for the exit Xavier had used. "Gods... If I could I'd bloody turn you into a toad myself right now." She muttered as she exited the establishment, looking for the weird canine-man with quite an irritated look on her face.

It took her a moment, but she spotted him leaning against a tree. With a huff, she gave him a nod and started making her way towards him.

Jim the Viking

Tavath stared after the girl for a moment as she left the pub and cursed viciously.  Settling the weight of his kit bag securely on his shoulders, he hefted the short spear he'd carried from the day he left the Muster and followed after Rica.  Eyeing the still simmering barman and his sons, the stout Connlaothian sneering at them as he opened the door and stepped into the front yard of the pub.

The wizard...thing was leaning against a nearby tree and the winged girl - Tavath realized he didn't even know her name - was walking straight toward it.  Tavath jogged to the girl, shifting his grip on the spear to throw it if needed.  "Lass," he hissed, eyeing the mage warily, "What do you think you're doin'?  We need to be gettin' out of here, not...talking to it!"

He looked back to the wizard and snarled threateningly, gesturing with his spear.  "Don't you try anythin' funny, mage, or by Ansgar's blessed stubble, I'll spit you like an All Soul's lamb, d'you understand?"

Anonymous

Xavier's eyes were turned towards the main stretch of road near the tavern, keeping a steady eye out for any signs of movement. Thus, he didn't notice the pair exit the building until they were already half way across the distance between the tavern and his position against the tree. The sage inspected the pair, standing up a little straighter as they approached.

The spear-wielding fellow was still babbling ignorant nonsense, based mainly around what the hybrid figured to be a fear of magic. When the man directly addressed him he just gave him a mildly confused look and shook his head. "I have no idea what you're talking about." The sage replied, lifting an eyebrow at the fellow to accentuate his point. "However, to prevent you from calling me a 'thing' again, my name is Xavier."

His gaze lingered on the man a moment as his head turned towards the female, his eyes following a bit more slowly. He regarded her silently, not sure what she wanted, or why she was ignoring the man whom he assumed to be her traveling companion and following him out here. Granted, he expected it, but he was not sure what the next step was going to be.

Jim the Viking

Tavath spat to his left and touched the well-worn iron amulet he wore, hoping to avert any evil the wizard's words might have carried.  He circled the wizard at a distance, trying to keep the girl from interfering with his sight-line.  He glared at the mage and sniffed derisively.

"Well, then, Xavier," he said, his voice dripping scorn, "What is it ye'd be wantin' from us?  Ya came in outta nowhere and decided to magick up the place, so ye'd best state yer business."

Anonymous

She ignored him, as best she could, not replying to his question and definitely not commenting on the fact he called the stranger an "it". Though she had to try really hard not to snap at the man for that.

Yet, once he outright threatened the mage, Rica couldn't help but hiss at him threateningly.  Naturally, she wasn't going to let the irrational Connlaothian do anything stupid, so she circled around Xavier as well, purposely putting herself between the two.

"That's enough." The woman huffed, and then glanced over her shoulder at the sage. "I'm sorry... My companion is just an idiot."

Promptly returning her attention to Tavath, she continued. "Put that spear away, or I swear to all the bloody gods you believe in I'll make you eat it." The woman demanded as she moved. To display that she was serious, the yoreiqi brandished her knife, pointedly glaring at the soldier. "He was trying to help, and right now you're giving him all the right in the world to attack you." Her voice grew darker and bitterer as she spoke.

Jim the Viking

"Tryin' t'...Tryin' to help?" Tavath sputtered at the girl as he circled around the mage, trying to get a clear view of him.  "Lass, are ye mad?  Think o' the danger here!  And for by Ansgar's blessed arse, get away from him!"

After a moment, Tavath noticed the knife in the yoreiqui's hand and stared at her, wide-eyed.  "Lass," he said softly, "What d'ye think yer doin'?  I just got t' likin' ya, so don't make me have to worry about fightin' you, too."