Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Entertainer ((Jada Rush))

Started by CastlesInTheSky, October 13, 2011, 04:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

Ali stared at the scars, then the braces. What were they made of? They were like nothing he had seen before. They were metallic and strange. He supposed they helped him walk or something of that effect, because he couldn't see what else they could possibly be.

The future? What? That was very strange! He wasn't sure if he would believe him or not, but figured he should. There were many strange things that were unexplainable, and this was one of them. The universe worked in strange ways. And what was a car? He figured it was short for carriage. That would make sense, he figured.

"That is very, very strange. But I promise not to tell anyone." He stared at the braces again. "What are those, exactly, if you don't mind telling me?"

Anonymous

"They're braces. They help support my legs so I can walk. I don't always need them, but often I do. Especially now that I have no pain medications here. I'm more disabled in this world than my own. In my own world medicine is very advanced. Surgeries are common and rarely fatal. They can cut deep into your body without causing harm. When I was very young, my father tried to kill me by throwing me out a high window. These scars that you see were the result of the surgeries it took to put my body back together."

He leaned forward and removed the brace from his right leg, offering it to Ali to inspect for himself. "There's a lot of metal in my body. Holding my bones together. This causes added pain when the weather changes. If you look at my back, you'll see the scars from them somehow managing to put my spine back together. I was unable to move my body below my neck for two years. In this world, only magic could save someone from the injuries I sustained. In my world, magic doesn't exist and humans save you with technology. I guess you could call technology our kind of 'magic'. As much as I missed the medicine of my world...I really don't miss my world itself. I like it here. In some ways it's easier to live in... If I could find a companion to travel with, it would be even easier for me."

CastlesInTheSky

Ali listened to him and inspected the brace. An interesting device. It did seem helpful for a person with a disability like Gavin. He hoped it stayed good and strong to help him walk, as he couldn't repair it here, he assumed. Ali didn't say anything in response to his story. Throwing him out a window? Not a classy father. And to cause him such pain. He wished such people didn't exist in any world.

As Gavin mentioned the scars on his back, Ali glanced over to take a look at them. They were large scars. He was baffled by how it didn't hurt for the doctors to cut so deeply into the patients. But, as his companion had said, they had some sort of thing to help them do such things. He didn't ask. It was all too much for him to comprehend.

"That world you speak of seems rather dull to me. What would a world be without magic?" He sighed lightly, and gently handed the brace back, as if it would break at any second. "A companion, you say? Do you have any friends around here to go with?"

Anonymous

"That world is no more dull than this world is," he chuckled, taking his leg brace back and putting it back on.

"You're the first real friend I've made since waking up in this world. But I couldn't ask such a thing of you. You seem rather lively, and I'd only slow you down."

CastlesInTheSky

"Hm? Slow me down?" He chuckled. "Life isn't supposed to be a race. Besides...I live longer than humans...I have time." He smiled. "I'm quite willing to take you on my travels, if you'd like to come along. Just don't expect it to be glamorous."

Anonymous

"Most people consider life to be a race," he replied with a soft, content sigh as he leaned back against his pillows and the wall.

"Glamorous? Really?" he asked brightly with strong laughter. "I've never experienced glamor. Nor do I really care too all that much. Besides, just look at me! Do I look glamorous?" he laughed.

CastlesInTheSky

Ali clicked his tongue at the first comment. Too fast, to irritating. What was life if you couldn't take it easy sometimes?

He joined in the laughter, grinning. "Glamorous? Perhaps not. But you do seem like a nice guy."

Anonymous

"Well then obviously you don't know me well," he teased with a smirk, playfully tossing his pillow at Ali with his right arm.

"God, help me out of this bed, will you? I've got to push myself to get back on my feet. The spiral gets too deep if I don't. But...I couldn't exactly ask someone to help me with my braces on my legs. And I can't really conceal them without getting up to hide them."

CastlesInTheSky

The pillow hit Ali in the chest and rolled off. He picked it up, amused, and held it in his lap. "Ooh, what treacherous intentions you have. Pillow warfare, my my."

Ali nodded, getting up. "Sure thing." He walked over to Gavin and helped him up with steady hands. "It must be difficult. Well, at least you don't work in the fields."