Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Under the greenwood tree

Started by Anonymous, November 08, 2011, 07:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"It's an exceptional start," he told her, placing a hand to his own face, as if to distract from his own his own blush.  

Evelyn shyly smiled at Gemini, noticing a blush appear on his face.  Did she really have such an effect on Gemini, she thought, tilting her head to the side.  She was glad she had that effect on him.  It was nice to know she wasn't the only one that blushed.   He looked down, examining his clothes before he started to walk towards the shore, "Let's get out of this lake, love — I think we've been in quite enough water for today." 

She gathered up her dress, starting to head towards the shore as well.  She looked down at herself, pursing her lips.  Lovely, she thought, she looked like a wet dog.  She must look absolutely beautiful to Gemini right now.  It wasn't like wet dogs were exactly attractive.  Evelyn finally made it to the shore, wringing her clothes out and squeezing some of the water out of her hair.  

She walked up to Gemini, grabbing a piece of his hair.  "How is it you look fine and I look like a wet dog?" She laughed.  "Maybe it's like that with men only," she sighed, starting to walk towards the cottage.  "I would say you've got in quite enough training for the day, no?" he told her, starting to head towards the cottage also. "The world is our oyster for the day — once I get into something less... wet, that is."

Evelyn turned around, looking at Gemini.  She placed a hand on her chest, sighing.  "Oh Gemini," she smirked, "Do you want to get me alone with you in your bedroom that badly?  Is that why you didn't make that many moves on me at the lake?  You wanted to save it for later?  My goodness," Evelyn covered up her mouth with her hand, trying to hold back her laughter.  Oh, this was too much fun.

Anonymous

[ I'm back in action! ]

He was positively soaked to the bone — drenched, like a rat that had crawled out of the sewer. When he had been out there, in the lake, he hadn't minded. As long as he was able to envelop himself in his element, in his magic, then it didn't matter. Nothing mattered much to the heir when he could feel wisps of magical floating gently through the tips of his fingers — but now, the magic was gone, and he couldn't help but laugh at himself. What had possessed him to step out into the lake? He couldn't remember. He was always a different person when it came to those sorts of things...

The heir was lost in his thoughts when Evelyn suddenly grabbed a piece of his hair. His eyes widened, and his gently pulled away from her — it had been a sudden movement and he was a little prissy when it came to his hair. He smiled softly, however, at Evelyn's comment. "Please, doll — the water doesn't flatter anyone," he told her — he was quite certain he was a mess as well. He was eager to get out of his wet robes — gods, the breeze didn't help his chill, and the idea of catching a cold did not strike well with him in the slightest. Again, he wondered, who was that madman who stepped into the lake?

As they neared the cottage, Evelyn began her teasing once again, and Gemini stopped to give her an amused stare. Eyebrow raised, he took a sauntering step closer to her, looking down at her with a smirk. "Is that what you want, doll?" he asked, moving closer, with the wall of the cottage behind her. With one hand pressed against the cottage wall, the other moved to her hip, fingers curling around her waist, tugging on the fabric. "Is that what you've been hoping for?" He leaned in closer, his breath on her neck. "For me to get you alone, in my room, with the lights off?"

His lips brushed against her neck, crimson eyes lidded, smirking. In the window of the cottage, the maid could be seen, wisps of her red dress fluttering across the curtains. From the depths of that place, the gaze of two hazel eyes could nearly be felt, but whether Gemini noticed this, or merely chose to ignore it, was unknown.

With his hand still at her waist, he abruptly, jarringly, brought her closer. She was playing a game, but Gemini didn't play by the rules. He had warned her, told her, and he had even told himself. But he was playing a game where he couldn't move his pieces backwards - he kept going, with reckless abandon; a wolf with no pack or code of morality.

"Just say the word, doll." Checkmate. Her move.

Anonymous

[Woah! Welcome back! :) How did your finals go?  You did good on them, right? xD]

Evelyn watched him as he took a step closer to her.  Oh dear, she gulped, this didn't seem good.  Not one bit.  Before she knew it, he had her pinned against the wall, one hand against the cottage and another on her waist.  She instantly blushed a dark red.  She hadn't seen this coming at all.

"Is that what you've been hoping for?" He leaned in closer, his breath on her neck. "For me to get you alone, in my room, with the lights off?" 

She could feel him lightly brush his lips against her neck.  Oh goodness, she couldn't think like this.  This man had too much control over her when he was like this.  Evelyn suddenly remembered his comment about being in his room in the dark with him.  She blushed even redder, if that was even possible.  She whispered, "That wouldn't be too bad, actually," she closed her eyes, enjoying the feel of his lips on her neck.  

"Just say the word, doll." She felt him pull her closer suddenly.  She would be lying if she said she didn't like being this close to him.  Part of her wanted to say yes, but she knew that was mostly her hormones talking. Stupid hormones, she inwardly laughed. 

Evelyn suddenly opened her eyes, and glanced up at the man in front of her.  No, she had let her emotions go wild.  She pushed lightly on his chest, trying to move him back.  "Back up, Gemini," she continued blushing, "I can't think with you this close." She quickly crawled out of his grip and looked over at him, smirking. "Well, I guess that wasn't too bad, but I thought your seduction skills would be better than that." She raised an eyebrow, looking him up and down.  Your move, Gemini, your move.

Anonymous

[ They went well, and weren't as bad as I thought they'd be, haha. All that studying pays off in the end! ]

"I can't think with you this close."

"That's the point," Gemini clarified, laughing. "You don't need to think. Just feel."

What good was thinking and being logical and listening to your head, anyway? He had tried that once, a long time ago, and it had sucked away any desire left in him to ever want to try to make decisions that were 'good' for him ever again. Who was he trying to fool, with this good samaritan act? The real real truth of the matter was that Gemini Stone took what he wanted whenever he wanted it, and despite what she might think, he wasn't sure if there was a good or 'noble' bone in his body. In fact, he was quite certain she was wrong, in that regard.

He watched as she squirmed out of his grip, made an off-handed comment on his inferior seduction skills, and seemed to be awaiting his next move. He smirked a little, shaking his head, making his way to the cottage door and placing a hand on its knob. "That wasn't seduction, love," he noted. "That was me laying out your options. But I suppose..." He twisted the knob, stepping into the cottage. "...that, as your tutor, it was most inappropriate of me to do such a thing. My apologies, once again. It seems I am horrendously incapable of controlling myself this evening."

As he stepped into the cottage, the maid jumped back from the window, blinking back hazel eyes, startled. "Master Stone! And milady," she exclaimed. She brushed back red hair from her face, smiling softly. "Can I get you anything? A dry towel, a change of clothes..."

"Some tea would be lovely, for Evelyn and myself," Gemini noted. His fingers traveled to his neck, undoing the clasp at his neck that held his robe together. He pulled the brooch off the fabric, and pulled his cape off his shoulders. It was a fussy, unnecessary thing, but he treasured it dearly. "See to it that this is dried, but don't shrink it, dear. I don't think I'll be able to replace it..."

The maid frowned, holding up the cape. "However did it get so wet in the first place..." She took a glance at Evelyn, and then to Gemini again, and widened her eyes. "Both you and and milady are soaked to the bone! You should do better than to treat your wards this way, milord."

She took Evelyn's hand. "Come, dear — I shall have you looking like new in no time." In a smaller voice, she added. "We can't have you looking like this in front of milord, after all..." She turned to Gemini. "I shall be borrowing her, but fear not! I'll return her, good as new!" She turned to Evelyn, smiling. "Come, let's fix you up, darling," she told her, bringing her along to her room. "Don't worry, you're in perfectly capable hands."

Anonymous

[Awesome! I hope you get amazing grades on all of them! ^^]

"That was me laying out your options. But I suppose..." He twisted the knob, stepping into the cottage. "...that, as your tutor, it was most inappropriate of me to do such a thing. My apologies, once again. It seems I am horrendously incapable of controlling myself this evening."

Evelyn pursed her lips, silently glaring at the man before her. She wringed out the edge of her sleeve, while walking past him. "Gemini, Gemini," she started, "if you really were a bad person you would have said to heck with the tutor thing and done what you want, but you didn't. Now my theory is even more validated." She turned around shooting the heir a smirk. Yes, she was still trying to prove to him he was a good man. She wouldn't stop until he believed it himself also.

"Master Stone! And milady," she exclaimed.

As soon as Evelyn noticed the maid, she hid behind Gemini, quickly pulling her hood back on. It wasn't that she was afraid of the maid personally.  Just new people made her a little cautious, tis all. For some odd reason though, it wasn't like that with Gemini, she thought recalling their first meeting. She wondered why that was. Shrugging, she figured she would find that out later on.

Evelyn was quickly thrown back to reality when the maid grabbed her hand and started pulling her away, though. Where is this lady taking her, she thought, she isn't going to hurt her, is she? "Come, let's fix you up, darling," she told her, bringing her along to her room. "Don't worry, you're in perfectly capable hands." She shot a worried look back at Gemini, biting her lip. Surely Gemini wouldn't have hired a bad person, right?   

As soon as they reached her room, she quickly wrenched her hand out of the ladies grasp. Evelyn blushed, looking down at the ground, "I'm sorry..it's just new people make me a bit cautious. Nothing against you personally, I'm sure you are a lovely lady. I'm sure after I get to know you more, I'll be fine. It's just-it's just, you make me nervous. So, maybe you could just pick out an outfit for me and then leave, perhaps." Evelyn finished, glancing up at the lady in front of her. The lady quickly nodded her head before scurrying off to grab a dress for her. She came back with the most beautiful red dress Evelyn had ever seen. The maid scratched the back of her head, handing the dress to her, "Sorry, I didn't think I would make you nervous. I'll leave now." Evelyn quickly reached out and grabbed her hand, "No, I change my mind. Can you help me?" She quickly sighed, why did she had to be so cautious around her in the first place? She didn't seem like a bad person. The lady smiled back at her, "Of course dear. Now shall we begin?"

Before Evelyn knew it, the lady was done beautifying her. She glanced in the mirror, gasping.  She didn't believe she could even look this pretty.  She was shocked, she had always seen herself as average looking but this lady had made her look pretty somehow.Her hair was flowing down her back in soft waves, and she was wearing just a tiny bit of make-up. The thing that surprised her the most though was the dress she was wearing. It was a gorgeous dark red dress that hugged her curves. She turned around smiling at the maid behind her. "Thank you for this, really, I appreciate it," she smiled at her shyly. "No problem," she smiled back at her, "Now go get him." Evelyn laughed before making her way out the door and back to the living room. She glanced around, looking for the heir. "Gemini! Where are you?" she asked, while looking for him.

Anonymous

The maid Gemini had left her with was one who had worked in the family for quite some time, so he was certain she'd be fine. Granted, she did seem a bit nervous to go with her at first, but Gemini had faith in her. She was tougher than she looked, she was sure. Thinking about how much of a surprise she'd been during these few days made him smile a little; she could be a hellfire if she wanted to, truly.

He turned on his heels — up the stairs, to his room, having another servant dry and brush his hair, and another pull his clothes from his wardrobe. His attire consisted mainly of silver and purple, with a bit of white fur to trim the neckline of his robes. He pulled it closer to him, stopping to look at himself in the mirror and frowning a little at himself in his reflection. Something was off, something was definitely off, but he didn't have the time to ponder what, or why.

Instead, he descended the staircase, finding himself in the main area, the living area if you'd call it that. One of the servants had got a fire going in the fireplace, another sat at a piano in the back, dusting it off, keeping it tidy. Another silently brushed past Gemini, placing two cups of tea on a small table near the heir, the decadent aroma wafting towards the heir. He took the cup in his hands, nursing it with tentative fingers, before bringing the cup to his lips.

He definitely didn't expect Evelyn to come back so quickly, and grinned as he heard her call his name. "Over here, love," Gemini called, waving her over towards him. The heir stepped toward her, setting his tea cup down, taking her in. "Ah, doll! You are ravishing tonight, truly." He placed a hand to her face, his thumb brushing over her cheek carefully. It wasn't fair, really — she was so beautiful and it almost hurt him to touch her. "Did you allow yourself to be dolled up for my sake? Really, it isn't fair to be such a tease..."

The heir laughed, regarding her pensively. "It would be a crime to wear such a lovely dress and not put it to good use." He snapped his fingers, grinning. "Maestro!" At the tone, the servant who had been dusting off the piano took a seat, and after a beat, began to play, his fingers breezing over the keys, playing a slow, soothing tune. Gemini grinned, offering his hand to her, "May I have this dance, my lady?"