Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ocean's Breath [Scry]

Started by Haze, December 02, 2011, 01:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haze

Cairis watched as Scrylett settled herself down to sleep. A smile crossed her lips as she rubbed sleep from her eyes, and sat herself down. The morning was clear and crisp, and she breathed deeply. When she was certain that Scrylett had fallen deep into sleep, she got herself up, and started to wander around the small clearing.

Wondering if there was anything useful in the trees that she could add to her pouches of herbs, she wandered off. She made sure that she wasn't too far from Scrylett though, aware of how much care her friend had taken of her.

In her absent mindedness, she didn't hear the sound of feet coming up behind her. It wasn't until she heard "Here - this one," that she spun around. He was a very well dressed gentleman, tall, and wearing a hat that shaded his eyes.

"Can... can I help you?" Cairis asked uncertainly, before all of a sudden she was hoisted up by another man. He slung her over his shoulders, and Cai squeaked in protest. "What are you doing!? Put me down!"

"I have a gentleman interested in a pretty girl, just like you," the first man sneered. "You'll be coming on the road with us."

"But I don't want to!" Cairis protested, eyes wide with surprise. "Put me down!"

Ignoring her pleas the two men carried her back to the road. She'd gone further from Scrylett than she thought. They dumped her into a crude wagon, the second man setting her into her lap. Cairis didn't say another word. She was simply too scared.

Anonymous

Though she slept soundly, her slumber grew uneasy with the feeling of being alone since Cai had wandered off. Her brow furrowed and she curled up more, growing uneasy. What was this sensation? It made her stomach ache. She let out a small grunt and rolled over, finding it hard to get comfortable now. Something was eating at her. "Cai..." she mumbled in a soft whimper as her little friend was kindnapped.

It wasn't until cai was scared into silence that Scrylett was startled from her sleep, gasping and blinking, looking around as she sat up. "C-cai...?? W-w-wher'r yuh..??" she whined groggily, growing a little nervous and upset that she'd been left behind. Or had she? Scared eyes looked to her belongings and around their little camp. Her things were still here...hm. She promised she wouldn't go far though... Scry rubbed her eyes and pondered, putting pieces together, even ones tht didn't exist to her yet. Maybe she went to find something edible? Possibly... She calmed a little as the began to think more rationally.

But wait...! Why did she awake so abruptly? What was this ache in the pit of her stomach? Why did she sense that Cai was frightened? "C-cai??" she whipped the blanket off her as she shot to her feet, spinning around warily, tired eyes filled with concern as she spun around, stumbling slightly. "Cai....??" her yell became more of a whimper as her twirl slowed. She came to a stop then, facing in the direction of the road, and that sensation in her tummy strengthened. Something was wrong.

"Cairis...??!" she called out as she lumbered forward, picking up speed on her still wobbly legs. She left their little camp, and their things, making her way toward the road, becoming slightly more frantic internally. Once at the road, she panted, looking back and forth slowly, pausing in each direction as if she were listening. What happened? Again, her belly sank at one of the directions and a tingle rushed over her. Her eyes shot to the ground and searched. A wagon came through here just reciently. She smelled the scent of a horse.

She glared suspiciously, thinking hard now. Was this some sort of joke? What kind of coincidence was this? They were two girls traveling alone afterall. Hrm... She knew something was wrong and began running off down the road, ignoring her fatigue and determined to find tomething along this way. There was a lot of runnig involved today, and she exhausted herself as the road became mountainous, rising and falling with hills as it went further inland.

Panting and staggering, she made it to the top of the next hill and spotted a wagon in the the distance, down and neading up the next incline. She squinted and tried to focus her blurry vision, collapsing to her knees. "Cairis...??!!" she called out with a strained voice hoping to get a reaction out of the party ahead. "CAIREEES!!?" she cried, pushing herself to rise once more and stumble on down the downward road, legs munb, but adrenaline keeping her moving.

Haze

Cairis sat huffily on the man's lap, but not after many attempts to get up, or out of his grasp. Pinching, kicking, biting. All this had only resulted in a loud and hard slap in the face. Her cheek smarted, and a vivid red hand print was visible across her fine skin. The first man hadn't been impressed. "Gyden!" He'd growled, turning from his place leading the wagon, "We're being paid good money for her. Don't touch her again."

"But Laikin, she was -"

"I said, don't. Touch. Her." Laikin's voice was lethal, and Gyden said nothing more, just moved his arms so that they were wrapped right around her frame, trapping her arms, and holding her tight against his body so she really couldn't move.  

Cai started. She'd felt, rather than heard Scrylett's call. It was exhausted, frightened, worried. In that instant, Cairis felt her spirits lift. She didn't know why, or how, but surely Scrylett could help. Would help.

"Did you hear something?" Laikin turned his head, frowning. The horses seemed a little unsettled, and had slowed down.

"I didn't hear nothing, Laikin." Gyden replied, reaching down surreptitiously to pinch Cairis' bottom. Cai flushed bright red, and a low growl rose from the back of her throat. How dare he.

The second cry came, and this time Cairis was able to see her friend. She was flailing her arms, tearing down the hill. The two men saw her too, and stared first at her, then at each other.

"What is that thing?"

Just then, the horses slowed to an absolute standstill. They refused to move. Laikin snapped at them, cracked his whip. Nothing worked.  Worried, he turned to his accomplice. "Pick her up. We go on foot."

Without a word, Gyden obeyed, throwing Cai over his shoulder once again. "Oh come on," she sighed, exasperrated. "This is getting old." But it was okay. Because from this position, she could see Scrylett's form running down the hill.

Anonymous

She staggered and stumbled, looking from her feet to the wagon in the distance, back and forth as she closed distance. What was this? They stopped?? What was going on?? What ever it was, al lthe better for her, but they were still far away. What the hell ws this anyway? They were obviously kidnappers. She was mad. How dare they steal her only friend!? She whined and growled as she headed for Cairis, and then paused to catch her breath once more. She was quiet exhausted. She wasn't sure what she would do if she caught them.

"Wait...! pless...!" she gasped, barely loud enough with her breath leaving her. Her vision blurred a moment as she rested her hands on her knees, swaying, her tail keeping her balance. Were they taunting her? She felt a secondd wind coming when she realized she could catch up if they were walking. With sheer determination, she picked up and ran, closing the gap little by little.

"Stop...pless...!!" she cried weakly as she came up behind them, out of breath and legs wobbly. She reached out for them with a wary hand, now close enough to be fully examined. For such a strange creature, she was unique and quite an amazing find. She was also strangely georgous for an alien. There was nothing else like her. "Give her bek...!" she whined as she slowed, crimson eyes locked onto Cairis's. One of two things seemed like a possible outcome. Maybe she would charm them...or maybe her charm would backfire. Though weird, someone might pay for such a creature, afterall.

"Sh-she belongs tu me...!" she mumbled, approaching as very little threat to them at the moment. "Yu kent jus tek her from me...!" she whimpered, sounding like she actually belived they would just hand her over.

Haze

Cairis watched in slight horror as Scrylett approached them. The poor thing looked exhausted. As she made her please, Cairis started to vigoursly shake her head. "No... no Scrylett..." She whispered, sickened as she saw thoughts pass through the girls mind. She couldn't let such a fabulous creature be taken. She was so unique. So precious.

She began to struggle then, and Gyden grunted at the effort of keeping her still. He glanced over at Laikin, with a twinkle in his eye. Laikin was already thinking the same thing, and he walked up to Scrylett, a sneer screwing up his face. "Yours, is she? We'll see about that."

Gyden walked the few meters back to the wagon, and dumped Cairis in roughly. As she landed she hit her head, and all went black.

Gyden proceeded to walk behing Scrylett, picking up a rock from the side of the road. Laikin continued to talk. "You see, pretty creature, I have a client who is very much interested in her, and to be honest, I think that I'll have one interested in you too, before very long.  So you see," he took another step closer to her, as Gyden came up behind, and used all the force he could behind one solid smack to the back of Scrylett's head.

"I can take her, and I can take you too."

As Scrylett crumpled to the ground, both men grabbed her under the arms, and dragged her hefty weight back to the wagon. Not without difficulty, they hoisted her into the wagon, and left her body where it lay, tentacles partially covering Cairis.

This time, the horses did as they were told, and they were all soon back on the road to god knows where.