Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Day in the Park

Started by miss_sanguine, January 04, 2012, 03:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss_sanguine

The Jadenshine sun hung bright in the sky today, no clouds to obscure its beams of light. With fall approaching fast, the leaves changing from verdant greens to golden yellows, fiery reds, and vibrant oranges, the temperature was perfect.

Ryuu ran across the crisp grass littered with fallen leaves, eyes focused on the target ahead—a little black blur that zigzagged here and there in quick, jerky motions.

*Can't catch me! Can't catch me! Four legs beat two!* an over-excited voice called through his mind, making him laugh.

The trees of Jadenshine Park whizzed past him, blurs in the corner of his vision. His breathing grew heavy and he tried to keep up, but the silly pug was right: he wasn't fast enough. That didn't mean he was about to give up, though!

Putting on a burst of speed, he tried to maneuver his way in front of the animal, knowing when a sudden turn was going to be made because the pug was not good at concealing his thoughts. "I've got you now, Rus!" he said triumphantly, legs poised to spring on the dog.

Rusger's eyes bulged. He made a mad dash to the left, but he was too slow, his labored breathing holding him back from running much further. Ryuu dived to grab him, hands at the ready, just as his foot caught on a hidden tree root and he pitched forward into the grass and leaves.

He only had time to roll onto his back, dazed, before the black furball climbed onto his chest in a frenzy of wheezes, wet tongue trying to get at every part of Ryuu's face that it could. *Hurt! Hurt! Are you hurt? Are you okay? Do I win? That was fun!*

Unable to open his mouth for fear he'd find the tongue poking its way into his mouth as well, Ryuu moved his head from side to side, half-heartedly trying to dislodge his friend while mind-speaking, *I'm fine, Rusger. And yes, you win. Could you get off me now?*

He sat up, Rusger tumbling to the ground in a mess of gasping, snorting breaths, tongue lolling and eyes popping. There was a tear in Ryuu's sleeve where he'd fallen on it, and he stared at it a moment. This was his second shirt ripped in the last week. He'd have to throw it out—no patches. Patches looked uncomely. "Look what we've done again," he said, holding out his arm for Rusger to see the damage, who sniffed it and sneezed, making him laugh again. "We'd better take a rest before you fall over dead," he teased. The poor dog always sounded like he was dying when he ran around for too long. Even he was rather out of breath.

Sighing, Ryuu used the torn sleeve to wipe what slobber he could off of his face, then lay back on the grass, taking in deep breaths of air and feeling his heart rate slow. Rusger made another attempt to get at his face, but he shielded it with his arms and pushed the pug away with a smile.

*I don't want to rest. I want to play. We're not done playing!* the pug wheezed. Rusger pawed at his arms, the movement so fast it looked more like he was digging.

"Nooo," Ryuu said. He rolled to his side and grabbed the pug in a quick motion, lifting his tiny body up off the ground. He then rolled back onto his back and held the animal over him. "We're going to rest."

When he put Rusger down, the pug gave a sharp yip of resistance, then climbed back up onto Ryuu's stomach and sat there, staring at him, tail wagging. *Fine. Rest. But only for a little bit, okay?*

"Okay." He closed his eyes, still smiling, and rested one arm up on his forehead to block out the sun. "A little bit."

Rusger sat there a bit longer, panting heavily, and after his breathing calmed a little, Ryuu felt him lie down. He smiled under his sleeve.

GoblinFae

Today was Primrose's fourteenth birthday and all she wanted to do was get out of the house. While she found it wonderful to be in her uncle's home in Jadenshine again, she did not take too kindly to the idea of playing hostess all day.

'Is it so hard for Uncle to understand that it's my birthday? I don't want to entertain a bunch of old men and women. The men will tell me how much they disapproved my father while the women will weep over mother's death and then throw their sons at me. I don't even want to get married, let alone spend the day courting snobby prissy suitors!'

She had tried to reason with her Uncle but he had only shot her down claiming it to be what her mother would have wanted. Her own argument of "what about what I want" did not go over well. This of course explained the reason why she was currently locked up in her room with nothing but a scrap of mauled embroidery. 'Nice hint Uncle,' she thought looking at it, 'but there is no way I am touching that thing. If only he had left me a book to pass the time with!'

Grumbling she sat at the windowsill watching the groomers come and go from the stable. 'That's it!' Looking down she checked the distance between her window and the ground. 'I can climb down and then go for a ride. I will be back before anyone knows I'm gone!'

Quickly she plaited her hair and climbed down the rose terrace. There was only one mishap along the way, she did snag the hem of her skirts but considered it so minor that no one would notice.

She chose the gray dappled mare and quickly saddled her up before galloping out of the stable doors. The horse flew through the streets, its rider laughing the whole time. Faster and faster they went until the made it to a familiar park.

Slowing the horse to a gentle trot, Primrose led the horse through the trees. Memories of her childhood surfaced making her laugh. She was reminded of all the times she had snuck out of the house just to come here. 'It seems that not much has changed in four years.'

She stopped when she saw a figure laying on the ground ahead of her. Dismounting, she made her way over to the men, notcing for the first time the little dog sitting on his chest. "Sir are you alri-Rusger?" she began to ask only to recognize the mug looking back at her. 'It can't be!'

Looking closer she was almost positive the man was who she thought he was. "Ryuu?" she asked smiling down at the figure.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

miss_sanguine

*A person! A person is coming on a horse! It's Primmy!* Feelings of unconditional love and excitement wound through his daydreaming thoughts, his heart skipping. *Primmy! Maybe she'll want to play?*

Because of the warning call, Ryuu didn't have to open his eyes to know who it was that now stood over him. Through Rusger, he caught Primrose's familiar, delicate scent as it wafted by. "Hello, Prim," he said through his sleeve that still covered his face, heaving in a deep breath and letting it out with a contented sigh. "Long time no see."

Rusger bounded off his stomach, the force of the leap knocking the wind out of him and making him groan.

*Primmy! Primmy! Pet me!* He turned his head to peek out from under his arm and saw the pug dancing speedy circles around Primrose's feet, tail wagging so hard his entire bottom wiggled as he moved. The excitement made Rusger start gasping for air again, but as always, the dog didn't seem to notice his own distress.

Sighing, Ryuu sat up. "All right, Rusger. Calm down before you give yourself a heart attack." But the pug's enthusiasm made him feel suddenly antsy, too, so he gave up on trying to rest.

His eyes moved to the horse a little distance away, then back to Prim. "What brings you to the park?" he asked. He got slowly to his feet and brushed dirt, grass, and leaf pieces from his clothes. He was genuinely happy to see her. It had been some time. She looked as happy as ever.

GoblinFae

"Russy!" Primrose laughed as she tried to pick up the excited pug. "Oh you silly thing, if you just hold still I could pet you!" Making a grab for him she finally managed to catch the panting dog. "Who's a good boy?" she cooed rubbing his belly. "Has big, bad Ryuu been taking good care of you?"

Giving him a kiss she gently released him back onto the ground. "I see he still gets worked up easily," she said facing Ryuu again. 'He certainly has gotten tall,' she thought observing how he was nearly a foot taller than her.

"What always brings me to the park, Ryuu? Freedom from my family, of course." Her nose scrunched up as she thought of the dinner party tonight. "Uncle, wants me to play hostess to a group of dignitaries. So, it being my birthday and all, I decided to skip out and go for a ride."

Kneeling down to Rusger she began to talk to him. "It was all going quite well until I happened upon a ruffian I had beat in my youth. But, being far wiser and older, I decided to take the higher road and invite him to my celebration."

She winked to Ryuu and smirked. "Will you come? It's my fourteenth birthday celebration and I will be ghastly bored without you there."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

miss_sanguine

Rusger continued to wiggle in Primrose's grasp until he realized he no longer had his paws on the ground, in which he stopped, though his tail continued to wag. When she started to rub his stomach, Ryuu caught of flash of pleasure from him. However, it only lasted a few seconds before the pug writhed around again, too excited to stay still for too long.

Placed on the ground, the pug started spinning circles around her legs again until, completely drained, he plopped down on his bottom and panted up at her. *Primmy's nice. I like Primmy.*

Ryuu smiled, but it sank down in concern at Primrose's next words. Trouble with the family again. Of course. He should have been able to guess that. It hadn't been that long.

Waves of glee washed over him when she knelt down next to Rusger, the pug always so eager to lick faces when they got within range. But he didn't need to warn her; she knew. And she, like always, managed to keep the pug at bay. With his soul-link's eagerness flooding him, it was hard to feel upset over his friend's troubles for too long.

Before he could open his mouth to give the definite yes, Rusger was shouting at him in his head. *Say yes! Say yes! Will there be lots of food? I like food.*

"I wouldn't miss it," he said, a feeling of guilt poking through at his having forgotten her birthday. They hadn't been in contact as much as they used to, but he usually liked to send her a little gift on holidays. "But as I recall, your uncle doesn't like me much. What with my . . . uh . . . hyperactive companion and all." He nodded subtly at Rusger, who was oblivious to the hint toward himself, still smiling and panting.

GoblinFae

Smiling impishly up at him she replied, "all the more reason for you to come. What upsets my uncle, delights me. Besides, with the two of you there as my guests, I will not have to entertain the other suitors after one dance each." Standing she moved over to him and embraced him, her arms wrapping around his thin waist. "I missed you Ryuu. Adela is nice but it's not here. The only friends I can make are girls and you know what they are like," she said in disgust. The fact that she herself was a girl was lost on her. "The boys all run away or stutter over their words. It really seems to be quite a sad affliction."

Pulling away she thumped him on the chest. "You don't write as often as you said you would and I bet you forgot today was my birthday!" Turning to the sweet pug she consulted him on the matter. "He did, didn't he? What do you think Rusger, should we make him pay? Yeah, I think so too."

Jumping up she ruffled his hair before taking off at a run. "Catch me if you can Ryuu!" she screamed joyfully. She had missed this. The peace of the woods and the childhood memories they held lightened her spirits and allowed her to forget for a while that she needed to be prim and proper Primrose.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

Always the one eager to start trouble. He had no problem attending her party--he'd been to many of them back in the day--but her uncle worried him. The man sneaked him dark looks whenever he could. Looks that spoke of his dislike far louder than any words could.

The sudden embrace startled him out of his thoughts. He looked down at Prim's golden locks, noticing with some surprise how much shorter she now was, a good six inches at least. To him, she'd only left for Adela a few days ago, yet here she stood, blossoming into a woman.

Yet her words told him she was still the silly old Prim he'd always known. More comfortable around guys than those of her same gender.

His arms wrapped themselves around her, hands resting on the small of her back. He opened his mouth to tell her that he'd missed her as well, and that she'd fit in eventually if she gave it a shot, but she pulled away too quickly and was already on another topic, thumping him on the chest and making him blink.

*Pay! Pay! What's a birthday, Ryuu? Is it food? I like food.* Rusger started barking excitedly, caught up in the tone of Prim's words, and spun around once.

Then he found himself staring after Prim as she ran away, yelling at him over her shoulder, Rusger right at her heels, barking with glee. *A chase! A chase! I'll catch you, Primmy! I'll catch you!*

He shook his head, smiling. Yes. Same old Prim.

Then he was running, too, calling out, "Maybe I can't, but Rusger'll give you a run for your money!"

GoblinFae

She laughed as they took chase. It was just like old times. Turning to peer over her shoulder she could see both closing in on her. "Who said, Rus was on your side!" she called back. Not paying attention she ran onto a large patch of mud. Gasping, she faced forward again and wobbled trying to keep her balance. Unfortunately, she was moving too fast and her flimsy ball shoes gave her no support. She fell crashing backwards with a squelch.

'My dress!' she thought remembering that this was the party dress she was supposed to wear tonight. 'Uncle's going to kill me.' Seeing Ryuu and Rusger catch up to her a plan took form. 'As mama always said, in for a pip in for a shil.'

"Hey Ryuu! Catch!" She grabbed a ball of mud and threw it at him. 'Yep, just like old times.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

The bare patch of mud stood out like a beacon to him amid the green grass on which they ran, but Prim apparently didn't see it, so caught up in her looking back and shouting at him. He only had time to call out, the noise lost as she tripped and fell forward into the imposing filth. Alarm overcome him and he ran faster.

Then his furry companion decided to join Primrose in the wet dirt, too fast for Ryuu to even tell him not to. His heart sank as he watched his dog run through the mess to reach Primrose, yipping madly.

"Are you . . . all right?" he asked through gasping breaths.

"Hey, Ryuu! Catch!"

Splat!

He jumped back, arms out as he looked down at the disgusting mess now dripping from his already-torn shirt.

Well. Now he definitely needed to throw this shirt out.

"Prim!" he exclaimed, exasperated.

His arms sank down to his sides in defeat, a small smile alighting on his lips. Rusger barked and barked, rolling around in the mud, completely filthy. *She got you, Ryuu,* the little pug shouted amid rolls. *Now we're all dirty. Dirty, dirty, dirty. I like mud!*

GoblinFae

Primrose pouted at Ryuu's exasperation. Guiltily she stood hanging her head in shame. "I'm sorry Ryuu. Will you forgive me?" she asked looking up at him through her lashes with teary eyes. Step by slow squishy step she wobbled her way out of the mud patch and back onto the green grass. Twice she fell, now completely coating herself in the warm sticky mud.

Her dress was ruined, her shoes were torn and her perfectly coiffed hair now stuck out at odd angles and housed copious amounts of leaves and twigs. Once golden-red her hair was now nearly as dark as Ryuu's own locks.

"Ryuu, can I have a hug?" she pouted sticking out her bottom lip and opening her arms wide, walking towards him, ready to pounce. Her eyes twinkled with the thought of getting Ryuu disgustingly dirty. 'He always liked looking "just right" a little too much. Time for a little fun.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

He knew that tone, that face. He wasn't fooled by either of them. They spoke of mischief, a plan that would end with him covered in mud. Dirty, sticky, disgusting mud.

She looked like a mud monster, no bit of skin or cloth not brown and oozing after she fell several times. Her hair looked more like thick dreadlocks with slime dripping down from them, and twigs and leaves adorned her head like a hideous crown.

He backed away as she opened her arms, his hands out in front of him as if they would protect him. Prim's eyes sparkled with a child-like vice. "You don't need a hug," he said, another step being taken away.

*Hugs! Hugs! Can I have a hug, Ryuu? I like hugs!* Rusger was the first to reach him, and he cried out as the little pug started clawing at his pants, coating them in smears of mud.

"Rusger! No! No hugs." But by now it was too late, and of course the animal ignored him.

*Hugs!*

GoblinFae

"Don't you like me anymore Ryuu? I thought we were friends!" Turning away from him she squished her way over to a tree and flopped down amongst its roots. Her knees curled up into her chest, her face hidden in her skirts. Her tiny frame shook as quiet sobs escaped her. 'Wait for it. Wait for it. Now cue the self-pitying.'

"I don't know why I bothered coming back to Serendipity. Nobody likes me here and nobody likes me in Adela. I'm just a pest that everyone tolerates. Even you," she pointed accusingly in Ryuu's direction, "don't care about me. I'm gone four years and you forget about me. You hardly even write anymore!"

'If Ryuu doesn't fall for it then at least Rusger will.' She smiled into her skirts. 'Kia I missed this.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

Forlorn, Ryuu stared down at his soiled pants. An entire outfit ruined in one day. This wouldn't be the last, either. Thank the gods he was rich.

Done pawing at Ryuu, Rusger now rolled about in the grass, mud covering the green blades. When he finished, he simply lie there, paws up in the air and tongue hanging out of the side of his mouth as he snorted loudly.

Then Ryuu didn't know what happened. One minute everything made sense, the next, Prim sat on the ground, crying into her hands. A childhood trick she'd done often when Ryuu would refuse her of something, when she felt like making their time a little more "fun," though he only found it stressful. If there was one thing he didn't know how to deal with, it was a girl crying.

His mind instantly went blank when she spoke. He knew this to be a trick, but Rusger always fell for it, and the pug's distress bled into his own subconscious. Despite this, he held back. It would be one thing for her to complain about silly things, but here she said things that rang with minor truths.

*Primmy's sad!* The pug sprang to his feet, staring at Primrose with his wall-eyed expression of concern. *I'll make her feel better! Don't be sad, Primmy!* Little paws charged forward, and soon the pug was bathing Primrose in wet kisses.

Annoyed, Ryuu watched, not saying anything. Some childhood things he'd missed, but this wasn't one of them.

"Prim . . ." he said, stepping toward the tree, avoiding the mess of mud Rusger had made. "I'm sorry I haven't written you."

GoblinFae

Primrose giggled as Rusger clambered around her and on her showering her in kisses. Looking up at Ryuu, she noted his miserable expression and felt guilty. 'I did that. I made him upset.'

She felt guilty, her desire to tease and prank was gone. "I am sorry as well. It is not fair to use that against you when I could have written you more myself. That was very cruel of me. I am sorry," she repeated slowly standing.

"Wasn't there a stream not far from here? Uncle's going to kill me if I come home looking like this," she said. Her smile had returned, a hopeful look in her eyes.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

*I made Prim feel better, Ryuu,* Rusger said, pride decorating his mind-voice as he sallied on over to Ryuu and sat at his feet. The little pug's chest puffed out, tail moving slowly back and forth.

But she didn't look cheered up. Now she just looked guilty, confusing him.

Grateful for the change of subject and the end of her discomfiting game, he gave a half-hearted smile and nodded. "There is a stream. But a stream isn't going to clean," he opened his arms and gestured at his muddied self, then at her muddied self, "all of this." Not satisfactorily, anyway. Her uncle would get mad at her, and pitch him out the moment he saw him.

But what else was there to do?

"Why don't you sneak back home to change and I'll be at your place shortly?"

GoblinFae

"It may not clean it but it would be a start. Unless you expect me to ride back home looking like this?" she said motioning to her mud-caked hair.

"You go on ahead. I know it will take you forever to pick out an outfit," she teased. "I have my old room back. I trust you remember where that is. If you are feeling rather spry you can try to climb the terrace, I know from experience it will still hold. If not, then I guess you could always try the front door. I think Uncle may have forgotten about Russy and the cat incident." She smiled up at him.

"I better at least get some of this mud off me, or I'm doomed to spend my fourteenth birthday locked indoors," she said shuddering at the thought. As she did her head whipped about causing mud to splatter outwards and hit Ryuu in the face and chest.

Seeing it happen, Primrose gasped. "I'm sorry Ryuu! That one I didn't mean, honest." She winced at the state of his clothes. "You better head home and get cleaned up too. You look like a pig farmer," she informed him moving past him, headed for the stream and her horse. "See you too soon!" she called over her shoulder, splattering more mud about with her hair. 'He is going to kill me one of these days.' Looking down at the state of her clothes, she grimaced. 'That is, if Uncle doesn't kill me first.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

Mention of her old room brought back many vivid memories, as if she had only left a few days ago, not four years. The times they had spent in there in solitude, talking and laughing, or when they had sneaked out the window to go running or playing in the woods. He'd been twelve then, so young, yet he still felt the same now. Had he changed at all, besides growing taller?

He nodded at her before jumping back as mud splashed across his face. He squinched up his eyes at the feel of it as it dripped down his chin, then sagged where he stood and sighed. "A pig famer," he said. Right. The last thing he ever wanted to look like. "More like the pig itself." Farmers didn't drench themselves in mud. "Come on, Rus. Let's get cleaned up."

- - -

About an hour later, Ryuu stood on the doorstep of Prim's house, dressed in his most elegant clothes: a flowing garment of a deep, rich rosewood red, lit with specks of gold and silver, and hems the color of carmine. His entire figure shone with immaculate cleanliness, posture straight-backed and proud, long straight hair pulled into a blood-red ribbon. In his arms he carried Rusger, who after much persuasion had agreed to stay still for once. The pug wore a large blue bow around his neck and his black fur was clean and brushed.

*Ready, Rusger?* he asked his companion, hand rising to knock on the door.

*Ready!*

Ryuu knocked the bronze knocker three times, hoping it could be heard over the noise of the other guests inside.

GoblinFae

Primrose hurried home, praying all the way that Kia was on her side. The moment she stepped out of the stables, she knew she was not so lucky.

The corpulent form of her Uncle blocked her complete exit. 'Good thing I stopped at the stream, I guess,' she thought as the man took in her appearance with a look of disgust.

"Primrose Dragoslav, where have you been! The guests have already started arriving and you are a mess. Your mother would be completely disappointed wtih you. This is not how she raised you. Get inside and get cleaned up," she scolded her.

Primrose bolted the first chance she got, taking the "and be quick about it," to heart. 'Ryuu's coming! I can't wait!' Racing into her room, she flitted about trying to get ready as fast as possible. 'I wonder what dress I should wear?'

Within the hour, Primrose was dressed and once more looking like the prim and proper noblewoman she was. 'Could I be anymore miserable?' she inwardly groaned. Her uncle had made absolute sure that she behaved herself. She was surrounded by boys who only wanted to talk about themselves. 'Where is Ryuu? He promised he would come'

She heard the knock at the door, and glanced over hopefully. Much to her relief, it was Ryuu and Rusger who entered.'Aww, he got Russy in a bow. Wonder how long that will last.' Politely, Primrose excused herself from her suitors, making her way over to her friend. Unfortunately, she was intercepted by her uncle.

"You stay away from that boy," he hissed gripping her arm tightly.
"Uncle Engilram! He is my guest, here at my personal invitation. You have always taught me to be polite. What you are doing is just rude!"

Her uncle would not release her and instead dragged her towards another social circle, this one consisting of girls her on age. Looking about, Primrose tried to catch Ryuu's eye. 'Help me!' her eyes plead as she listened to the latest gossip and fashion.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

miss_sanguine

As usual, the party seemed to be more a competition to see who wore the most stylish clothes, who had the most gossip over an important political figure, and who could garner the most men or women by the end of the night. Lucky for him, he was no person of small reputation, and his clothes alone radiated over most of those around him, resulting in his receiving some envious looks of disdain. Many turned to regard him with disapproval when they saw the animal in his arms, but he paid them no mind, smiling as courteously as he could.

And then he saw Prim making her way toward him, only to be intercepted by her uncle, who, despite his trying to seem at ease with his false smile, apparently still held ill-feelings for Ryuu.

He watched as Prim hustled away, ushered by her uncle toward a group of chittering girls, some of whom he knew.

When Prim's uncle walked well enough away, attention focused on arriving guests, Ryuu made him way toward them. The girls all looked up when he came to them, some blushing and looking away, others giggling behind fans, while the remaining simply stared at him.

"Sylvia," he said, nodding at the one with curly red locks, who smiled back at him in greeting. "Rossya. Pamel. Mind if I join you?" His eyes moved to Prim's.

*I smell food, Ryuu. Do we get to eat soon?* Rusger ignored all of the people around him, his sole focus apparently on the smells of food wafting through the air. Even Prim didn't seem to be holding much of his attention.

GoblinFae

Primrose felt a wave of jealously rise within her at the sight of the other girls fawning and swooning over Ryuu. 'He is MY friend. Back off!' She opened her mouth to welcome him but was cut off by the other girls. Every chance she got to give her own opinion or ask a question was monopolized by one of the other girls.

At last the bell signaling dinner, rang. "Shall we eat?" she asked the group. "Ryuu would you do me the honor of escorting me to dinner?" she asked beaming up at him. As the other girls moved off disappointed she had asked before them, she began to whisper to Ryuu. " How is Russy doing? Does he still get excited by functions such as these?"

'Is he going to help us in a prank?' her question seemed to ask. 'I wonder if Ryuu still likes playing pranks? What if he grew out of it. What if he thinks I'm just a silly little girl because I still like them! I'm going to make a fool of myself,' she thought worriedly. As her thoughts turned inward, Primrose failed to notice her uncle's glare directed at the trio.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: