Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Peace and Quiet

Started by stelmarisa, January 24, 2012, 09:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stelmarisa

Eyes still closed, she laughed softly against his lips. "I guess you are." Without breaking their kiss, she lifted her arms up to wrap them around his neck, fingers entwined in his fur.

As they kissed she let her mind empty, forgetting everything except their current situation. It was... bliss.

Anonymous

He smiled softly and might have given even a slight nod would it not disturb their current contact, something he'd certainly no interest in disturbing. In fact, were it a more... cartoony scene, some of his flames might have converged into a heart above them. Alas, they stayed in place, though all the same still offered their warmth and light.

As for Kai himself, he tilted his head a little to slightly deepen the kiss as it lasted, his hand gently stroking over Linna's back. Indeed, if there had been a better moment than this in his life, he couldn't recall... all he really wanted was to enjoy the continued closeness and tenderness, even affection.

"I'll stay with you for as long as you want," he spoke, his other hand reaching up from around her shoulder to brush across her cheek.

stelmarisa

As they broke apart she smiled sweetly, tugging at his fur as she played with it. "Thank you, Kai," she whispered, stretching up again to kiss his cheek. She felt contented, almost... safe, here in his arms.

However, the night was wearing  on, and it was well and truly dark in the clearing now, the velvety blackness encroaching on Kai's 'candles'. Linna yawned, suddenly sleepy. "Maybe... we should try and get some sleep?" she suggested, through another yawn.

((lol, writing this made me yawn like three times))

Anonymous

"Of course..." he replied with a little nod, returning a light nuzzle to her own cheek, his arms remaining around her.

"Yeah... it is about time for that, huh?" he chuckled lightly, giving a little grin. "Well, I suppose we could rest up against one of the trees, or wherever your comfortable, I don't mind either way since I'm used to sleeping in places like this. Though... it feels a little different, but I'd like to stay pretty close to you tonight."

stelmarisa

She shrugged. "I'm pretty used to sleeping on the floor, honestly. I've been doing it here too." She gestured at a small 'nest' that had been formed in the long grass near where they sat, close to the fire pit. "So I can sleep almost anywhere."

She smiled. "So wherever you'd like. So long as you're next to me."

Anonymous

"Huh... well, guess that works, then," he nodded. Getting up with a light stretch to accompany it, he offered a hand to Linna to help her up before wandering over to lay back on the spot that had been motioned to. Arms crossed behind his head, tail resting just to the side, he was plenty comfortable (and easily so) for being quite used to it.

Strange, though, how much a single meeting could add a little feeling of something missing from just that, though he wouldn't be long to put at least one arm around her when she came to lay down herself. "I'd definitely call this the best day in quite a while."

stelmarisa

"I might call it the best day ever," Linna's smile was interspersed with some sadness as she followed Kai and lay down, curling herself against his body. "I'm not used to having good days."

She sighed, a soft sigh of release, and let her eyes close as she snuggled in against his fur, feeling more content than she'd thought possible. "Good night, Kai."

Anonymous

"Hm... well, I'll do my best to get you used to them, then," he suggested, chuckling lightly. As she rested by him, a hand removed itself from behind his head such that his arm could wrap gently around Linna, perfectly content to keep her there. "Anyway, 'night... sleep well," he spoke more softly, flicking his tail over to rest over her waist and closing his eyes to drift steadily off to sleep himself.

Granted, not many of the flickering flames would be there come morning thanks to the lapse in concentration directed to them, but there would at least be some.

stelmarisa

"Night." Her own eyes closing, Linna sighed contentedly as she drifted off into a light sleep.

~

As dawn began to streak with sky with its first pink clouds, Linna was tucked up on her side. She had spent most of the night awake, gazing into the darkness as she did most nights. She had remained stock still for this time, feigning sleep if ever Kai stirred. But as dawn came closer, she had managed to relax in their little hollow, and now lay curled up in a ball. One thumb was in her mouth in a childish pose, and her wings fluttered slightly as she dreamt.