Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Peace and Quiet

Started by stelmarisa, January 24, 2012, 09:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stelmarisa

Linna laughed at his speculation, but stopped quickly as he took her hand. "I.... I don't know what to say," she gazed at the beautiful bracelet, unable to keep a smile from spreading across her face. "Thank you... it's so beautiful." She laughed again. "I don't think I've ever been given a gift before."

Impulsively, she leaned forwards and hugged Kai, her arms wrapping around his shoulders for a split second before she sprang back, surprised at herself and flushing pink. "Um.. Sorry!"

Anonymous

"Well, first time for everything, right?" he suggested with a grin, blinking as her arms suddenly wrapped around him. A slight red (or rather, purple, considering his fur) tint came across his own face for a moment or two afterward. "Hehe... don't worry about it, I don't mind. And glad you like it," he said, wrapping an arm gently around her shoulders. "Could always make more if you like, too."

stelmarisa

"I guess so!" She grinned back at him as he reassured her, and went back to admiring the bracelet, twisting it round on her small writsts. "I do like it, it's so pretty."

She paused slightly, before letting herself lean in to his side. She smiled again to herself, quite proud that she'd managed to work, get food, and make a friend today! "Oh, that would be really cool." She turned her head upwards to face him, thinking. "Maybe in return I could ... uh..." She shrugged and laughed. "I can make flowers, you like flowers?"

Anonymous

He gave a little nod in response, letting his arm rest gently around her when she leaned in a little. "Kinda hard not to when I spend so much time in the forests and such places. And they usually smell nice," he replied. "Seems like you must be good at it from what I saw with the flower you were doing something with earlier," he suggested, tilting his head a little to the side as his tail shifted over on its own to rest slightly against the back of her waist.

stelmarisa

"It's funny, I used to do that when I was a little girl, but I haven't been able to do it for years and years," she mused, remembering a childhood bedroom filled with blossoms. "I used to play with flowers and trees and such all the time." She smiled and reached forward to pluck a daisy from the grass, swirling her fingers around it as she did so. When she held it up to Kai, it had transformed into a fully bloomed rose, tinted a pale yellow.

She smiled up at him, waving the flower between them. "Not bad, huh?"

Anonymous

"Well, that's already a start to remembering whatever you can do with your own magic, right?" he suggested. Chuckling lightly at the comment, he gave a small nod, his tail meanwhile giving a slight, idle flick.

"Hehe, yeah, not bad at all. You could probably even make a garden or something like that around somewhere, just for a place of your own or whatever you might want something like that for. I could help, too, though not sure how much I'd be able to do... fire wouldn't really help for something like that," he shrugged, giving a little grin.

stelmarisa

"Definitely!" She jumped slightly in surprise as something flicked against her back, but relaxed again as she realised it was only his tail.

"That would be nice..." she smiled, imagining. "It could be so pretty! And you could help... fire isn't only destructive, right? At the very least, you'd make it a lot easier to hold bonfires!" She grinned.

Anonymous

He blinked and chuckled lightly at her reaction, barely having noticed where his tail wandered before; 'twas a thing that often stayed out of mind, unless he had to be careful around something. "Hehe, yeah, that's true... and I can do other stuff with it, including making sure it doesn't burn anything. Should be able to, I figure, considering I've been working on it for so many years," he said, holding a palm up such that a ball of fire began to coalesce within it. For a moment or two it flickered and shaped itself, until it was a little bird flying off. "Kinda like that.

"And... since I'm thinking of it, here might not be bad for that kinda place. People rarely come around, but it's easy enough to find."

stelmarisa

"Oh, that's sweet!" She watched the little creation fly off from Kai's hand. "Clever! I bet you never have to worry about fuel for fires either, huh? Cold weather probably doesn't pose much of a problem?"

She nodded slowly, thinking. "I'd really like that. Especially if I could get back in touch with my powers... I could have a whole little orchard out here! And the most beautiful gardens..." she trailed off, imagining the scene happily.

Anonymous

"Hm... not usually, though water's always been a problem. Can't really summon my fire when I'm too wet, though I can at least dry off fairly quickly," he admitted, scratching a little at the back of his head. Sure, they were near a relatively small body of water, but that wasn't a bother for him.

"Yeah... and you'd have at least one visitor, aside from the animals that might come around from time to time," he promised. "Would be pretty different for me, too, since I've never particularly had friends or anything like that. Mostly just been getting around on my own, though admittedly I've always been curious about... what do people call them? 'Couples?' Sounds about right... so, er... what are they, exactly? If you don't mind me asking," he inquired, tilting his head a little to the side in curiosity. After all, he was rather out of touch with civilization, so there were often enough questions to be had.

stelmarisa

"That makes sense, I guess. I'm not too good in the wet either, it weighs my wings down terribly." As usual, her wings waved slightly as she spoke about them - she did it subconsciously, still unused to being able to discuss and use them so freely.

"A couple? Well... I suppose technically it just means two people?" She paused. "You know, who might travel together and... stuff. But usually I think if people say it they mean like a couple." She stressed the word. "Like... in a relationship with each other?"

Anonymous

"Hehe... I know what you mean there. It does the same thing with my own tail," he said, unconsciously eliciting another slight flick from it upon the mention.

"As for that, well... either? I dunno, usually seems to be a guy and a girl they talk about that sorta thing for," he considered somewhat thoughtfully, giving a little shrug. "I dunno, mainly just curious about stuff I guess... always kinda wondered what it might be like to live in cities and such, even though I probably wouldn't fit in there since I'm not... well, normal, at all. Not that it's so bad out here, of course, especially now I've finally met a friend," he assured, grinning.

stelmarisa

She blushed slightly, not even knowing why. "Yeah... I think you've heard people talking about being in relationships with each other. Husband and wife, or lovers." She smiled self-consciously. "I mean I don't actually have any experience of that myself, but I used to have two friends who were engaged to marry. It always looked nice to have that sort of companionship with someone."

As to his last comment, she shrugged. "I grew up on the outskirts of the tiniest village... there were hardly any other people there, and we didn't mix with them when there were..."

Anonymous

He blinked and tilted his head a little to the side in curiosity as that odd red tint returned to Linna's face, something he'd not completely attributed to much (even though it happened to him, rarely). "Oh... so like mates, or that sort of thing, then," he observed, relatively familiar with the term for how much he listened to the animals in any given place. "Yeah... it's always seemed kinda interesting to possibly have that kinda relationship to me as well, though I'm not sure if I'd find one. Unless it would work even though I'm not the same as anyone else..." he considered. "Certainly not back in the little town I was born in, except maybe my parents if they're still there. There weren't really very many people there, either, mostly people coming in for trading and that sorta thing," he shrugged, tilting his head a little to the side and glancing over to Linna somewhat thoughtfully.

"Well... I dunno much about the whole thing, admittedly, but... we seem to get along well enough so far?"

stelmarisa

((OOC, but I love that as a description of blushing ^^ Kai's so sweet))

"Um, yeah, like mates," she offered, smiling as they got back on the same page. "But I suppose with more of the romantic stuff, than with animals." She nodded as he continued speaking, finding a lot of what he said reflected in her own experiences. "Same... when my friends got married they moved away. I didn't think I'd ever meet anyone else, for a friend or... anything. I'm glad I've left though, the world is so much wider than I ever imagined. And scarier."

She laughed to herself, turning to meet his glance, and smiled again. "We do. I'm glad I met you today."

Anonymous

He gave a little nod in response as she explained a little more of it. 'Twas something he'd mostly gathered from watching people, occasionally; they seemed rather set on doing things differently than any animals he'd seen. It was odd, but he'd always figured it would fit him more since he was a humanoid creature.

"Hehe... well, there's not too much to be afraid of if you know what to look out for. Even here in the forests, you've just gotta stay calm around some of the more dangerous ones. Or just have me around, whichever works," he suggested, chuckling lightly as he gave her shoulder that his hand was still on a slight, gentle squeeze. A little something he'd seen people do for apparent comfort, or so he thought. "Anyway, glad I met you, too. You seem pretty and nice and interesting to me, and we probably get along better since neither of us are completely 'normal,'" he suggested.

stelmarisa

"I might take you up on that," she laughed. "I could do with someone brave to look after me until I figure out how to survive on my own... of course I'd still want you around even if I did!" She stumbled over her words, sighing.

She leaned in as he squeezed her shoulder, resting her head against his shoulder gently. "Aw... well, thank you! Maybe that is why we get on... either way I'm glad we do. You're so nice."

Anonymous

He blinked and chuckled lightly, giving a little nod in response. "Well, I'd be happy to help with anything. I know where to find pretty much anything in the forests and such, and I'm... well, I'm strong enough to get around, at least," he assured.

As she rested her head on his shoulder, however, a slight purple tint came back to his cheeks; even then, for his general foolishness, something he could not completely place even feeling it. "Hehe... could be, since I've pretty much never seen anyone else that... well, wasn't entirely normal. But I try my best there, since... well, I hardly know how to be anything but nice, I guess," he said, chuckling lightly as he leaned slightly back toward her. "Have to say, though, this is nice, sitting here together like this... guess it's no wonder some people seem to like doing this sorta thing."

stelmarisa

"Who's to say what's normal, anyway?" she shrugged mischievously. "We could be the most normal people in the world, and everyone else is weird ... they just don't know it!"

She nodded and let more of her weight rest against him, watching a bird on the grass in front of them. "It is nice. It's... peaceful."

Anonymous

He chuckled lightly and nodded at the comment, grinning and tilting his head a little to the side. "Hehe... who knows, I guess. But yeah... it's usually nice and peaceful in the forests, away from all the sights and sounds and smells and such of towns and places like that, which I guess is mainly why I only visit them so often; too much of all that for me sometimes," he shrugged, though only with the shoulder Linna wasn't currently resting on.

"Besides, I've often heard people say peaceful places like this are better with a little company. Seems true enough to me so far," he said, rather bravely (implying he had a complete idea what it meant) tilting his head down and granting Linna's cheek a small kiss.