Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Reaper's Chalice: Plotting and Recruitment thread

Started by CastlesInTheSky, February 08, 2012, 01:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

This is the thread for all things related to the pirate ship I am currently gathering a crew for. Request down below who you'd like to play and viola. Please include the character's profile along with your request as well. (:

Recruitment thread is up!

Here is the thread for characters aboard the ship as well.

Captain: Zephyr Favager [[Played by Castlesinthesky]]
Quartermaster: Morgan Loone[Played by GoblinFae]
Sailing Master: Elias Stubb [[Played by Stelmarisa]]
Master Gunner: Ialu Ramirez[[Played by Silverna]]
Second Mate: Chris "Cat Eye" Walker[Played by Winters-Feather]
Surgeon: Hans Blanka [[Played by Zane]]
Carpenter: Olivia Grey[Played by Casey]
Sailors, Mates, and Riggers:
-Damon Pyth [Played by Thief]
-Kota [[Played by Rhi-Rhi]]
-Rutger Stenhüs [[Played by Helemaalleip]]
Cook: Andus Cots [[Played by Tekraa]]
Cabin boys: Sky [[Played by Zozee9]]
Swabbies:
-Vladimir Nikoli [[Played by NightWind]]
-Fisk "The Seraphim" Taylor [[Played by Jahuty]]

Casey

I'd be interested in playing the Carpenter or a Mate. Either would be female, pretending to be male. :P

CastlesInTheSky

Sounds awesome. D'ya have a profile set up already~?

stelmarisa

I would like to join xD But I'm afraid I don't have a character yet... or any idea what role I'd like to play!

*useless*

CastlesInTheSky

That's alright. Preferably they should be male and probably shouldn't have a problem with people using magic. That's all the guidelines I have!

stelmarisa

Well I really need to work on my amount of male characters *looks at lonely Kaven* so that's great.
I might just go for a regular sailor? I feel like I don't know enough to play any of the other types, haha.

I'll get to work on him in the morning!

CastlesInTheSky

This is very random but might help you if you ever become interested in the other roles. http://www.thepirateking.com/historical/ship_roles.htm

Regular sailors are great, though. 8D Since lots of people will go for the other roles that's good.

Sure. ^_^

Casey

Well, like I said, they're not pirate characters, but they could do the job on a ship as well as on land. Olivia Grey is the character I'd use for the Carpenter, considering she's great at building and fixing stuff, and Raven Wilde I would use as the Mate who's an apprentice to the Master Gunner, considering she's good with a small handful of weapons.

CastlesInTheSky

Rhindeer

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

I have an idea for the Surgeon 8D I just have to work out the rest of the details xD

CastlesInTheSky

Sounds great! Just tell me when you get your profile going so I can post it next to 'surgeon'. (:

Anonymous

Can I play the cook? :D

(As a side note, ships and the age of sail are pet things of mine, so I am ALL OVER this idea)

CastlesInTheSky

Awesome! 8D To all the people who asked for roles, it now says it is reserved for said person...just tell me when you have the character profile up so I can stick it next to the role.

Also, @ Rubaiyyat: I know embarrassingly little about ships but I'm fascinated by them. (:

stelmarisa

I've got my character started! His profile will be up soon...

I'm having him as an (amateur) cartographer/navigator - I don't know if we have one of those yet but I guess it isn't a problem for him to be?

I just need to come up with a name now... ugh! Trying to resist the temptation to just call him Ishmael ^~

EDIT! A bare bones profile

Anonymous

I have Owain's profile about half done >__< So hopefully it'll be up in the next day or two. He's a leecher. He solves illness by leechin', purgin' or maggots |: And he believes in unhygienic to wash.

Winters-Feather

Can I have the Watch keeper (Second Mate)? The one whose in charge of making sure the ship is safe at night, most likely hangs (if not lives) in the rat's nest... also would work closely with the navigator at times (food for thought lol)

Also! Can i make a shape shifting sailor? I just think it'd be really cool to have someone who can transform into a fish and climb onto enemy ships xD

CastlesInTheSky

Winters-Feather: Sure thing! I'll reserve the spot for you.

Of course! 8D That's a great idea.

Rina: Sounds great. (: Tell me when you have it done! He sounds interesting so far.
Reminds me of how inefficient people were in the medical field then. xD

Thief

I'd like to volunteer Damon. He has an extreme desire to be helpful, and I haven't shown him much love lately. He'd be more than happy to do any task he's given. I'm sure there wouldn't be many volunteers among the sailors for this, but he wouldn't mind the task of rigger.