Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Unpleasant and Uncomfortable are on the Menu

Started by XIII, May 25, 2012, 02:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XIII

Spinning the sword in wide, sweeping circles, Donovan advanced on Nicholas. Another Mordecai, thinking to flank the swordsman, snuck up to deal a blow with his own blade. Seemingly of its own accord, the sword snapped around, easily deflecting the strike and countering with one of its own. The mage hunter fell, his breastplate torn asunder and blood seeping out from the gash in the metal.

Now bloodied, the sword hummed even louder, and its intensity seemed to grow with each swing that Donovan sent it through. He lunged forward and struck out, purposefully missing Nicholas to splatter some of the Mordecai's comrade's blood at his feet.

With a spin and a thrust, another two guards fell, and Donovan's mocking towards Nicholas increased. "Can ye tak meh daun afore Ah keel awl yer frans, Mardecai? Or weel ye le meh 'scape so no mhar nehds t' die?"

Glimmeringpearl

He watched sword-brother after sword-brother fall with grief aching in his heart. He would avenge them, he swore it. Nicholas was done pussy-footing around and lunged forward with a thrust of his blade, his feet sturdy as his blade thrust forward, seeking Donovan's chest. "I will end you!!" He snarled.

XIII

Donovan grinned darkly and swung out to block the strike from Nicholas. He knew that he had the Mordecai now and meant to decapitate the bastard. The two blades hit, and a sound resonated through the street. A blinding flash of light issued forth with the shriek, and Donovan felt himself thrown backwards.

When the light vanished, Nicholas' blade lay on the ground in pieces and, in its place in his hands, was Doomscale. It sung its unholy song louder and with more fervor now, basking in the great strength of its new master.

Looking up from where he was knocked on his ass, Donovan saw his sword in the hands of the Mordecai and he began to spit venomous curses at the man. But he knew all too well the sword's power, and knew that he wouldn't win a fight against him. Not with Beastslayer, anyway.

Thinking quickly, the swordsman grabbed at the ankle of a young girl who's curiosity had pulled her too close to the prone criminal. Standing with her in a headlock, he dug a knife from his many pouches and jammed it into her throat, daring anyone to come closer. With his other, free hand he puled out a small crossbow, already cocked, and pointed it at the crowd.

"LE' ME GO! AH'LL KEEL ER, AH SWEHR ET! NO' A STEHP CLOSER!"

He began to back away through the crowd, his eyes frantic and filled with nearly true madness as he glowered poison at the Mordecai who now held his sword. He would return for his blade. And he would claim it. The traitorous steel would rue the day it chose another master over him.

Glimmeringpearl

Holding the blade in his hand was like holding molten rock, or at least he would think it was. The sinful steel hummed and tempted him with power in the most unholy way. All he wanted to do was drop it but he couldn't now. He could feel the gaze of the others upon him, their judging eyes already drawing conclusions on the poor young man. He knew for a fact the Lovet clan had not a drop of magic-blood in it.... And suddenly, he wasn't so sure about that...

His fingers gripped the blade, itching to use it on it's former owner until he grabbed a by-stander. Nicholas hisses his curse, part on Donovan's murderous intent and on her staying too close to the fight. The brunette woman in his arm screeched, reaching out fervently and sobbing. "Please," she begged with her heart breaking in her voice. The Mordecai put his blade down, still holding onto it, though the rest did not. However, his sword-brothers backed away and provided him a path. They would hunt him.

XIII

Donovan's frantic gaze turned to one of mocking, with a barely hidden undertone of relief. Throwing the woman down, he gave the middle finger to the Mordecai and shot his hostage through he calf. Her wails of agony shocked most of the bystanders, giving Donovan ample time to scurry away down an alley. He hoped as he ran that the surviving dog would only have Doomscale's scent on their noses, rather than Beastslayer's. He knew there had to be another sword in this damned country, and he was determined to find it.

Heh, he thought, I wonder how the Mordecai'll explain a magic sword to his superiors. He ruined my day, I guess I can call this ruining his. He searched though for some way out. A carraige or something, anything that could get him out of this damned city and into the wilds where he would have time to think. To plan. To map out his revenge.