Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Essyrn has a write-up! 8D

Started by Rhindeer, June 02, 2012, 05:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/essyrn.php

Check it out! 8D

I also tweaked the forums a little. Nothing major, mostly just moved a couple forums around (namely La'marri and Zantaric) for ease of navigation!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Winters-Feather

I think the write up is fantastic, though the only thing I don't agree with much is the clothing. That's mainly because despite desert heat, you WANT to cover up your body. There's the sand to think about. It's blowing everywhere- in your eyes, in your face, against your skin. Not only is it hygienic to  cover yourself up, but it's also protective, especially when a storm hits. There's also the sun to think about.  If you're too exposed to it, you could get sun sickness and dehydrate faster (I think?) , so that's why when people are out in the desert, they do wear light clothes, but they cover their whole selves up. It's practical that way. Plus, if the Essyrini are ritualistic, their style would most likely reflect that, too.

There's that, but the new style stuff sort of resembles the island clothing a bit too much, at least to me.  Maybe you could do a middle ground?

Rhindeer

Hmm, it definitely depends! For the clothing style, I drew my inspiration from Egypt, where the clothing was traditionally very light, sheer, and almost non-existent. (For example, some people even went nude.) Of course if you're traveling out in the actual desert (like many nomadic tribes) you'd need to protect yourself and wear more/cover as much as you can. But within the actual oasis, and located along a river, it's a different story. :3

Maybe I should mention that, though. xD once you go outside the oasis (or if the day is windy, but deserts aren't always!) more covering is more practical.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Winters-Feather

Oooh, okay, I see where you are coming from. But yeah, for the nomadic tribes, you probably should haha.

Rhindeer

Edited to include the new information and clarify! <3