Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Uncommon Flowers [Open]

Started by Scythe-Nova, June 03, 2012, 04:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe-Nova

In a secluded glade deep in the forest there were a small pond and from the center of the pond rose a large plant, ikki sat in front of the pond while reading a large book sometimes looking up at the flower and back into the book again.

-"These flowers are not even documented in any of my books..."

Ikki said as she put down the last book she had read through to find what kind of flower it was that she had found, she placed the book on a large stack of thick heavy leatherbound books while looking at the large flower in front of her. The flower had a long medium thick stem that had long thin leafs with red veins that were curled into a drill like shape, most of the flower were blue and had red veins running through it. the actual flowers sprouted from curved "Branches" leaning downwards and the petals of the flower were slightly translucent making them look like glass coloured slightly purple, the flower also have three long black filaments sticking out of the center of the flower and at the end of the filaments are small feather like petals that are covered in pollen.

-"Well this means i can put a new entry in my book of flowers"

She said to herself as she began setting up her book in front of her and placing ink containers and several kinds of soft brushes next to the book. When she were done she turned to her Apothecary box and reached into it and pulled out her tea making tools and tea boxes.

-"...Eh.. i'm gonna need to make a fire.."

She said as she rose from the soft grassand walked around the glade and began gathering twigs and branches that she could find.

Van

A few moments after Ikki rose from her spot beside the pond, the water gave a ripple, and something black poked from the murky surface. As it rose, and murk fell off of it, it took shape - a draconic head, eyes sliding open once the muck from the pond slid away on smooth black scales. The pond had been a very cool way to avoid most of the noonday sun - and Attordelynn was a mammal, meaning she didn't like the heat of an indian summer overmuch. And there was movement in the glade - someone walking around? Hadn't been there before... a little human... thing. Small - not a giant then. With draconic patience, Attordelynn pulled herself from the muck and moved, catlike, towards the center of the clearing - she had been SURE it was empty before - and settled down for a good drying.

The dragoness lounged, and simply watched the little humonculi bustle about gathering twigs and branches for gods knew what (Attor certainly didn't understand any of this just yet.) The thought to remain unseen hadn't even crossed the dragon's mind - the idea that the sudden appearance of a massive dragon that took an interest in things causing a stir hadn't even occurred to Attordelynn - why should it? She had been in the pond, and she was here first, wasn't she? Why shouldn't the human-thing female not have noticed her? It stood to reason. And that was that.

Scythe-Nova

-"Ah There we go.."

Ikki exclaimed to herself and turned around just to see that a large dragon had made its way to the clearing without her noticing, at first she just stood still and stared at the dragon who appeared to be looking back at her. Some moments passed and Ikkis tension left her body and she walked cautiously closer to the dragon before tilting her head.

-"It's not everyday you see a Dragon in these times"

She of course spoke in the draconic tounge as if she were fluent with it and looked at the dragon calmly. She still held the twigs and branches as she made her way around the dragon keeping a respectfull distance from it, she placed the twigs and branches down next to her Apothecary box before turning back to the dragon and Bowing to it out of respect.

-"My name is Ikki Talorim simple traveler and alchemist, it's an honour to meet you, may i inquire about your name?"

She said still talking in the draconic tounge and straightened herself to look at the dragon with a calm expression and a slight smile. This was not the first time Ikki had met a dragon but it was certainly a long time since it last happened.

Van

Attordelynn watched the humonculus with ancient patience, like she intended to lie there in the cool grass as long as it took for her body to dry, like she had all the time in the world. To Ikki's credit, she didn't freak out or scream or run away. She just... stood there and stared for a few moments, tense and surprised, but hardly terrified, at least so it seemed. Attor blinked, very slowly, completely content.

It was surprising that a little thing like Ikki could speak her language. The first comment was taken in and considered carefully. It was... different from how Attor spoke it, but meaning was gleaned and considered from every angle until she felt she properly understood it, and filed it under 'interesting'. All the while, Attor simply watched the little female go about her business, head turning to watch her.

When she spoke again, Attordelynn was ready this time, and understanding came more simply. Her name was Ikki Talorim Simple Traveler and Alchemist, she was honored to meet her, and wanted to know her name - it made sense when she stopped to think about it. That was why Attordelynn's reply didn't come in the ancient 'each word with meaning of its own in no particular order' method.

"Ikki Talorim Simple Traveler and Alchemist is honored and welcomed." she replied in her surprisingly light tone, head tilting slightly and dipping just a little as she attempted modern draconic structure. She found it palatable, and straightened up.

"My name-" she said, employing Ikki's method "-is Attordelynn, Seeker of the Orb." she said, straining to impose structure like Ikki had. It was harder than she thought originally, and would take some getting used to.

"What are you?" she asked, squinting at her still and paying absolute attention to the little female, as if she was the most interesting thing in the world.

Scythe-Nova

Ikki Nodded when Attordelynn introduced herself and smiled at the apparently female dragon as she sat down next to her Apothecary box turned towards the dragon.

-"I Ikki Talorim is honored to meet thou Attordelynn, Seeker of the Orb."

She Turned her upper body towards her box and turned it towards her and opening it slightly before reaching inside of it and pulling out a large tome and placed it on top of the Apothecary box, she then turned back towards the dragon as she asked what Ikki was.

-"I am an Artificial Human, a Homonculus if you will"

She answered and smiled softly towards the dragon before turning back towards the twigs she had gathered and began placing the twigs and branches in a neat pile in front of her as she kept some attention towards Attordelynn in case she would ask her something more.

-"Could i interest thy in some herbal Tea Attordelynn?"

She asked as she produced some flint and tinder from her Apothecary box before striking the flint agains eachother and lighting a fire in the twigs and branches, She put aways the flint and tinder and picked up the Tea Kettle and placed it next to herself and began to prepare it for placing on the fire.