Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

broken steel [Raz!]

Started by Rhindeer, October 30, 2012, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

His leg wasn't yet one-hundred percent, but it was getting there, and he could finally walk around with only a moderate limp--a huge improvement from the awkward shuffle-hobble he'd been doing not days ago. His wound was still tender but he'd kept it clean and free of infection, and it was healing nicely. Good thing, too, because Faolán was starting to go mad with boredom.

Just a few more days, though! A few more days and surely he'd be well enough to resume his soldiering.

But before he did, there were a few odds and ends that had to be dealt with first.

Limping through the village, dressed in a simple tunic, breeches, and boots with his sword sheathed in the baldric buckled to his back, Faolán headed toward the blacksmith. He'd noticed it before during his aimless wandering (for the church girl that had patched him up wouldn't let him sit idle, saying he needed to exercise if he wanted to heal proper) and had made a mental note to visit it before he left. He wasn't sure if he even had enough to pay for the services, but it didn't hurt to find out. Hell, maybe he could work off what he couldn't afford in some way.

Either way, it had to be done; a broken sword wasn't good for much.

Faolán saw the smoke rising from the bellows before he even saw the forge itself, and he quickened his pace. He came to a stop outside the place and looked about for signs of life and saw none--though would they leave the fire unattended? Most likely they were inside.

"Oi! Anyone home?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Raz

The stranger's question was answered by a loud thump from behind a counter, " Ouch!...." A grunt was heard along with a long sigh, " Give me a moment.." Soon after, a boy's head popped up from behind the counter. His fair skinned face was stained with ash and oils, the dirty blonde hair that went down to his neck was clumped up and almost black. Only thing that stood out from that was his bright green eyes.

He stood up barely changing the perception of his height since he was so short. Walking around the counter he asked," Sorry, h-how can I help you?" His eyes seemed to have been rubbed for too long or he had been crying. " Excuse the mess. "  His voice was almost  like hearing a squeaking mouse with a raspy voice.

He was almost half expecting for this boy to leave at the site of his parent's forge. Though he stuck around since this person wasn't from around here.

Andlan took a hold of a nearby smithing apron and tied it around his waist. Taking his hands and cleaning them off on his apron the best he could he extended his hand, " M-my name is Andlan."

He gave off the most pathetic attempt of a smile.

Rhindeer

There was a thump, and Faolán winced sympathetically. It wasn't long after that a boy appeared and Faolán was surprised that the place was manned by someone that looked as young as himself. And as short as himself, too. Maybe it was wrong of him, but he'd always pictured blacksmiths to be...beefier. He'd seen the arms of some of those people!

"Oh, it's alright," he said, stepping closer to meet the boy halfway. "I mean, it's a forge, right? I don't really expect that to be all sparkling!"

Reaching out, he grasped wrists with the boy, politely, and then released him and smiled. The boy--Andlan--seemed rather awkward, but that just made him feel more confident. "Nice to meetcha. I'm Faolán! And, well, I just...I guess I just wanted to see if you're open for business?"

He tapped the pommel of his sword. "I kinda broke my sword."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa