Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Little Bits and Pieces (M)

Started by visualspice, November 29, 2012, 12:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

Why did this man insist on labeling them as a romantic couple? "Pops, I keep tellin' ya, it's not like that!" He snapped defensively. Why was he making such a big deal out of that anyway? Just because this crazy old bat thought so, that didn't make it true.

Not that he would have minded being involved with a cutie like Eve. "Does it really?"

He heard the chimes ring -well, more like clang together and turned his head to regard Eve who seemed a little enthralled by the gift.At least one of them appreciated it.

"You're real friendly, aren't ya? " Zav eyed the man with mild suspicion. Even if the man seemed harmless, he knew that trouble wore many disguises. "We're travelers. Just passing through, doing some sightseeing." He lied. The real story was to ridiculous to tell and it was nobody's damned business.  "She's never left home before, so I'm showing her around."

visualspice

"I'm heading up to Cerenis, myself," Roger informed, smiling warmly and seeming to not hear (or chose to ignore) Zavimaat's comment about Eve's relationship.  "It's a lovely town, bustling and just full of activity. The have one of the best fisheries around and even better tavern food than any of these small town's can boast."

He eyed the two and rubbed his grey stubbled chin.
"Say, you two wouldn't mind keeping an old man company as he travels there? It's a days travel or so." he shrugged. "If not, you two have a nice time here in town."

At the mention of the next city, Eve raise dher head curiously then turned to Zavimaat in silence.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Zavimaat frowned at the offer. "Now? Er, would if we could, but we got business here in town that needs finishing first." He wasn't about to risk getting this poor old codger caught up in his problems. The Adder brothers wouldn't show either him nor Eve any mercy if Zavimaat tried to run away without giving them what they wanted.

"See, we're being harassed by a couple of thugs. If we leave town without paying them , they're going to kill us." Zav explained. "But we don't have the payment they want..." Which was a lie , but the old man didn't need to know the specifics. "So unless you've got some way of smuggling us outta here without them knowin' it , we're kinda stuck here. "

visualspice

Roger stared at the young man in surprise.
"Truly?!" he exclaimed, appearing baffled and fearful for them. Then she shook his head. "Then you *must* come with me!" he insisted, moving to the part of his cart and began to fuss over the thing-
There was a make shift hood that he was working at pulling up- a sturdy, foldable piece of clothe and wood that, when raining, kept his wares dry.
"You could always take refuge inside my cart as I travel," the old man suggested, after the hood was well pulled and set.

Eve merely stared at it. It looked like there wasn't much room on the back of the cart, but felt her heart swell a little at the idea of finding a way to hide and escape from those men...
After all, they did frighten her terribly and unknowingly, Eve clung to Zavimaat's side, her eyes focused on the wagon before them- a small, glimmer of hope and curiosity in her eyes.

"So long as you can keep hidden and quiet, who would know if you traveled along wtih an old man and his wares?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"Er...yeah , but it's kinda complicated, " Zavimaat began to say , but the crazy old wind chimes man rattled on about leaving. Zav grew frustrated, "You don't understand, pops! These guys are mean as hell. They get a whiff that you had anything to do with helpin' us and they'll kill you and anyone else that you care about. I appreciate yer help an' all but I-"

He considered it though. It was a clever idea. "Take the girl with ya. I'll...stay here and deal with them. They're not really after her anyway." Yet. Once they knew she had the book, he shuddered to think of what they'd do to her.

visualspice

At his idea, Eve grew fearful and backed away from him with a start. It almost looked as if she were about to cry again. Would he honestly abandon her after the whole ordeal? Or.. maybe he was just keen on being rid of her. Either way, she was shocked to be suddenly placed, or at least, suggested, into the care of another, a stranger.

The old man watched the exchange. He shook his head. "Your girl doesn't seem too keen on it, I'm afraid. I'm sorry to have troubled you." Roger bowed humbly. "but if you change your mind, I'll be at the shops over yonder. I wish you to two well."

Eve watched, a hand gripping to her arm as he left, tears threatening in sharp, crystaline drops inside her eye.

Paradox

Why couldn't she just go? She had to be so damn difficult. Women! Zav crossed his arms and glared at her, "I'm thinkin' 'bout what's good for you, you know.  I ain't gonna leave ya hanginin'. If I wanted to , don't ya think I woulda just left ya to them punks? " He reached out , cupped her chin in his hands and made her look him in the eye, " Can't you trust me ? I just wanna throw 'em off. I'll find you in Cerenis or whatever okay. Pops seems like an okay guy. I'm sure ya got nothin' to be afraid of." He frowned, "Talk to me. What's eatin' ya?"

visualspice

Eve froze up beneath him, growing fearful before she began to cry. Lowering her head, she shook it and weakly replied,
"I.. I just don't want to be alone." She clutched onto his arm suddenly, desperately, afraid to let go. "I don't know where I'm going or what to do." Her lips gave way to a trembling pout as she sobbed weakly.

OOC: Y HE MAKE HER CRY AGAIN!? DX

CX

Paradox

"Aw. Naw. Ya won't be. You just stick with er...old Coger. I'm sure he'll look out for ya til I can get this sorted out. " He tolerated her clinging. It reminded him of his cousin when she'd been about six or seven years old. Always needy, clingy. It used to annoy him so much. Though he did appreciate the feeling of being needed. Damn these complicated feelings. He sighed, "I'll be back with ya sooner than ya think. I promise. Come on, ya don't wanna get the old man into trouble and ya don't wanna hang around and wait for the Adders to come. Please, Eve."

ooc : x3

visualspice

Eve only stared at him, but felt herself grow awkward over the phrase 'please.'
Lowering her gaze, she pouted and did not know what to say.
"If that is what you wish."s he said after a time, softly, quietly.. defeated as she still held onto him, but he might notice her grip, much weaker than before.

OOC: *Snicker snicker snicker*

Paradox

It's not what I wish , but it's the way it has to be. I'm sorry.  Zavimaat reclaimed his arm from her and nodded, " Let's go."  Without another word , he made his way to the shops that Old Roger had indicated. He found the old man and his cart and cleared his throat, " Change of plans. She's goin' with you," He announced, feeling somewhat awkward and guilty for making Eve's decision for her. This is the right thing to do for both of them. He reassured himself. "This should pay for her expenses." He fished out the coins from his pocket and gave them to Roger, but couldn't look the man in the eye.  "Take good care of her, will ya? I'll uh...be seein' ya 'round , I guess." He turned to leave. 

visualspice

Eve felt numb, being lead away then tossed off to the old man.  She watched him though, with sad, longing eyes as he left.  If she had the gall to do it, she would have called out to him, but instead, she felt her lips twitching as tears brewed inside her eyes.

And again she was alone.

"Come on, deary, do not fret. I bet he won't keep you long. You know, " he said, after coercing her into the cart. "It's very heroric of him to let you go on ahead of him. So do not worry, alright?"

Eve didn't respond, but simply obeyed as she climbed intot he bacl of the cart and was taken.. far far away, her eyes lingering on the small town as the two began to make their way towards Cerenis...

Her tears were hollowed as tehy moved, but as night began to crest into the sky, she found some small comfort in the clanging noise of the wind chimes as she hung them on the back of the ride.

Paradox

He'd kept just enough money to rent a room for the night though when he went to lie down , sleep would not come to him as easily as he'd imagined that it would. He told himself he'd enjoy the freedom and the lack of responsibility. He could do as he pleased without having to worry about offending a girl who seemed so damn fragile. But he lie there awake , staring at the ceiling and thinking about her, filled with worry. She'd been so dependent on him and he'd pushed her away. He rolled over on his side and glared at the wall, guilt and worry consuming his thoughts. What if the old man said something or did something that scared the girl? What if she ran off? What If she got lost or hurt? She couldn't take care of herself. Hell, she could hardly hold a normal conversation! Someone out there was going to pick up on that and they'd take advantage...

But he'd be back before that happened. He'd figure out a way to dupe the Adders. They weren't incredibly dim, but they weren't incredibly bright either. He'd just have to figure out how to give them what they wanted without really giving it to them and hope that they were thick enough to take his offer genuinely. He'd also have to hope that pleasing them would also ensure his ability to walk free without much trouble...

Eventually, all of the internal worrying and scheming lulled him to sleep. A few hours before the light peeked in through the cracks of musty old window curtains. A nightmare concerning his aunt scolding him over leaving Eve alone caused him to wake with a start. He sat up in bed, looking about almost frantically and half expecting his aunt to be there. Fortunately, she was not though he wished that she were. She understood these things better than he did. Doing the "right" thing and all. Sighing, Zav stretched and dressed.

He had a quick breakfast at the tavern and washed it down with a nice big healthy helping of booze before leaving to hit the town market. There wasn't much to look at. There was a LOT of fish and produce. Not so much of what he was looking for.  So he waited around, watching more merchants arrive and setting up their stalls. One brightly colored stall in particular caught his interest. He wandered over to it, trying not to appear as if he were in a hurry or all that interested. "Welcome , friend. What may old Gregory interest you in..."

"Uh...you sell books, right?" Zav began stupidly, staring at the man's display. Need he even ask the question? There were certainly plenty of books for sale at this stall!

"Oh how delightful! I haven't met too many individuals here particularly interested in eductation!" The book vendor laughed and clapped his hands together jovially. "Tell me, young man. Are you new to this enlightening venture?"

Zav stared at the man as though he might have lost a few marbles, "Whaddyah talkin' 'bout? " 

"Come now, don't be shy!" Gregory chuckled, " Judging by your diction, I'd say that you were a novice in literary pursuits. " Gregory,  the enthusiastic book vendor puffed out his chest with great pride and adjusted his oval spectacles that crested his long, pointy nose, "But , never you fear my good sir! For it is my duty as a fellow literary enthusiast to assist you in your quest for knowledge!"

Zavimaat scowled ,"But I'm not-"

"Hush!" The vendor interrupted him, "Now let me see here. What would be prefect for you..." The bookseller proceeded to turn his back on his potential customer and rummage through his stall, books being pushed aside and stacked neatly on his worktable.

"Look, I just wanna know," Zavimaat growled softly, starting to grow frustrated with the pushy book vendor's antics.

"Aha!" Gregory announced triumphantly and produced a thin book with a weathered old leather cover. "This here is a rather old but very respectable manual that will help you learn the language of our country. "

Zavimaat stared at the man. He was not impressed.

"Oh..I-I'm sorry. I assumed that you were a foreigner...you look...well, I've never seen someone with your complexion..."

"Really, I know what I-"

"I'll find something else!" Gregory exclaimed, determined to find something that would satisfy his customer.

"That's really not necessary..."

The bookseller slammed down another book on his counter, " This might please you, sir.  This book here is about the language of love. Have a little lady you're trying to impress? Well this book here," he held it up before Zav's eyes, "is chalk full of romantic poetry that will have your heart's desire swooning over you in no time!"

Zav shook his head, " I doubt that , but whatever I'm not-"

"Not interested in love? Hm. You're a tough customer!" Gregory snapped his fingers,"But you won't stump me! No sir! I think I've figured you out!" Before Zav could protest, the man was back to rummaging for yet another book.

Annoyed, Zav was ready to leave when the man gave him another book, "You're a tough guy. How about the art of war? This book here was written by an ancient hero of legend. It contains advice and information of various sword tech-"

That was the last straw. Zavimaat slammed his hands down on the counter top and snarled nearly at the top of his lungs, "SHUT UP, DAMN IT!  "

Gregory dropped the book and stared at the young man, looking so stunned as if he might have been slapped.

Red-faced and ticked off, Zav took a few moments to regain his composure and he now spoke in a slightly calmer manner, "I appreciate yer help , but I'm lookin' for somethin' kinda specific and I don't got a lot of time. Okay? "

Nodding, the bookseller began putting his books back in their appropriate places, " Sorry. I get so excited. I shouldn't have- but nevermind ! You said you're looking for something specific. I'm not sure if I would have it , but perhaps if you tell me the name of the book and the author's name I might know where you could get it."

Zav shook his head, " I dunno either of those things."

"Okay, can you tell me what it's about? "

Again, Zav shrugged, " I dunno that either. It has trees in it and uh weird symbols I've never seen before. And uh...naked chicks."

Gregory blinked. Was this man serious? "Trees, weird symbols and....nude women? You're talking about a pagan book?"

"Er.. I dunno what that is. But they were pictures and the writing was...foreign. " He grew irritated and threw his hands up in the air, "Fuck it. Look, I just need a big old leather book that looks like it's centuries old, okay? "

"Ohhhh.. Well, why didn't you just say so in the first place?" The book vendor laughed.
If looks could have killed , then Gregory would have been six feet under the ground then.

ooc: Never say I don't write posts that are kinda long. x3

visualspice

The cart ride to Cerenis seemed to take an eternity.  Left by herself, Eve's mind wondered until the old man began to talk- and she listened, quietly to this stories. By the time they had made it to the city, she had heard about how he met his wife, May, and about his three children and their grandkids. Abigail, the one whom he thought Eve had been, was brought up in fondness and dismay. Apparently she had run off with an unapproved of lover, and the old man had to chuckle thinking on it again.

"Now, don't you worry on it too much," he said, patting Eve gently upon the head. "Now go ahead on into the house. I'll prepare us supper in the mean time."

Eve did as she was told, finding herself, actually enjoying her time with the old man but...
Also missing and finding herself ever searching for Zav.
It had been over a day since she had seen him and found herself peering out the window, thinking about him as the windchimes drifted leisurely in the breeze..

Was he alright?
Did those terrifying men harm him?
And if so.. what could she do even if she had still been at his side.
Sighing, she found little comfort in the hot bath offered to her in the privacy of the small home, and let herself soak away in the water, washing away her worries as she dreamed about Zavimaat returning 'home'.

Paradox

With his newest purchases in tow, Zavimaat returned to his room and set to work. Armed with little more than a quill, a well of ink and his memory, he went to work on creating a literary masterpiece. He spent hours cramped and bent over the desk, slaving away and never pausing until the task was through. He ended up falling asleep at the desk and woke to find his nose shoved in one of the least expected places of all. "Argh! " Zavimaat exclaimed , whipping his head back and sitting up straight in his chair .He stared at the book then at the quill and finally to his ink-stained hands. Oh. His memories flooded back to his now conscious mind. He relaxed. For a moment, he thought he'd become a nerd.

He rubbed his eyes, smearing some ink on his eyelids and cheeks and then yawned and stretched. "Final day. What time is it?" He stood up and looked out the window. The sun had reached its zenith in the sky. "Still got some time left. " He looked at his hands, "Probably should wash."

He washed up, taking extra care to scrub the ink stains from his hands as best he could but not really giving two shits about the rest of his appearance. It was just the Adders that he'd be meeting with after all.

He took his time with lunch and ,perhaps had a little too much to drink before he stumbled off to meet the thugs in the alley he'd had his ass pummeled two days ago.

"Heeeey," Zavimaat greeted the thugs as he approached, his walk slow and meandering all over the place as though he weren't quite sure what direction he wanted to walk in, "I been lookin' for yooou guyssss. "

The thugs exchanged glances. And then one-eye shook his head , "You got it?"
"I ssssssurrre dooo!" Zavimaat laughed and held up the book.

One-Eye moved forward and snatched it from the drunken smuggler. He turned it over and then opened it up, leafing through the pages, "The hell is this ?"

Zavimaat sobered up a bit. Oh shit. Did the Cyclops know it wasn't the real deal? But he couldn't show them his fear. Maybe if he'd bullshit a little, they'd eat it up? Couldn't hurt to try because if not...he was dead. Zavimaat shrugged, " Well, you got me. I went down to the market and bought a cheap old book, marked it up with a pen and thought I'd be able to pass it off as a fake."

The second thug poked Zav lightly in the gut with his dull blade, " That supposed to be a joke?"

Zavimaat just grinned stupidly. " C'mon. What kinda dumb shit would try to pull a fast one on you two? "

"Yer damn right!" the thug spat and then turned to One-Eye, "So, is it legit?"

One-Eye frowned, "Well, it matches the boss's description, I guess." Then he turned his eye on Zav. " You gave this up awful easy. "

Zavimaat shrugged, " What other choice do I have?"

One-Eye nodded, seeming satisfied with his answer. "We have what we came for. Now , get lost. I don't want to see your ugly mug around here again."

Zavimaat was more than happy to comply with that order. He left town by late afternoon and was on his way to Cerenis. He followed the directions given to him by an old fisherman and found his way to town on the fourth morning. Now, all there was left for him to do was to find Roger and hope the old man hadn't forgotten where the hell he was bound to and given Zav the wrong name. Zav already had the man pegged as a loon. Wind chimes as a present? Really! He still didn't understand how anyone could find something like THAT useful!

visualspice

Stepping out of the tub, Eve wrapped a towel around her body and stepped into her room, being grateful to have a moment to herself and some privacy. She was used to being alone, and never thought she'd miss and, and found herself, though, day dreaming against hte window as the chimes continued to move...
when something caught her eye...
and down the street she spotted Zavimaat and her face reddened with glee.
She moved to get his attention, but found herself bumping her head off the window, knocking the wind chimes clean off the ledge as they tumbled towards the cobblestone road with a load, obnoxious CLAAAAAAAAAAAANK.

Paradox

Zavimaat cringed at the horrific sound and looked down to see what ghastly unknown object had made such an offensive protestation as it rebounded off the back of his head and clattered harmlessly off the cobbles directly behind him. He whipped around on his heels and glared at the guilty party. 

His eyes locked on the most sinister perpetrator and what he saw was quite an unexpected but not so welcome sight, "Wind chimes!?" He bent down to pick them up , "Alright, I've had just about enough of these! So which one of you bastards threw it at me !? Huh ?! I'll tear ya a new..." He looked around, searching for the owner of said chimes with the most dastardly design of chucking them at the owner's face.

There seemed to be no one within clear range aside from a tiny and pathetic looking mutt puppy and Zavimaat stood there holding the wind chimes, looking and feeling extremely stupid and perplexed.

The puppy yipped at him and attacked his boot, tugging viciously at his laces and growling , "Argh! Get off ya dumb mutt! I ain't in the mood for games!" He shook his leg , but the puppy held on and was determined to destroy those infernal shoe strings! 

visualspice

Eve couldn't believe her eyes,a nd even gasped as the windchimes dropped ontop of his head. No matter, she rushed from the room and down the stairs, rushing out of the place in bare feet as she approached him, suddenly throwing herself against his form in a tight hug.. burying her face into his shirt.

Roger, who had seen the girl dash out of the place made chase.
"I say, Eve, do come back here! You are running very unlady like in a towel!" pausing at the door, he caught the sight of the pair and had to grin.

Paradox

ooc: omg we're mature now! *posts explicit nude scenes and profanity*

ic:

He was tackled by a girl in a towel and hugged. He recognized the hair and wrapped his arms around her , hugging her in return though not quite as tightly. "Told ya I'd catch up, didn't I? Heh." He would have been content to hold her until the sun set , but he noticed there were some unwanted pairs of eyes not minding their own business. "Maybe we should continue this lil reunion indoors, eh? Ya can show me 'round pops's place."

The puppy barked happily, wagging his little tail and unlacing Zav's boots. Soon. Very soon...those shoelaces would meet their maker!

visualspice

OOC: Yeah that's SOOOOOOO mature XD

IC:
Eve blushed at his comment, smiling up at him, a sensation still all too very new for her. Then, at his comment, she realized the eyes were staring at her face fell, and flushed.
Sticking closely to Zavimaat, she moved towards the house, Roger eyeing them as they approached.
"Well look what the dog dragged in," he said with a good humored laugh. "Seems old Marly's pup is after your boots. Well, come on in, come in. Dinner's nearly ready."