Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Little Bits and Pieces (M)

Started by visualspice, November 29, 2012, 12:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

ooc: Kinda dirty language ahead! Close yer eyes, kiddies ! *points to the M in the subject title*

ic:

"Feathered fucker!" Zavimaat  was up on his feet ,armed with the frying pan once more, and charging for the door. But rather than chasing after the feathery fiend , Zav slammed the door shut and locked it , a little hastily.

"Don't worry , Eve. I'll protect you from that monster." He assured her, but quickly walked over the window to peer out and see where that evil bird had gone off too. Imagine his surprise when he came face to face with the gobbler, it's eye pressed up against the window and glaring at the man most sinister. "GAH!" Zavimaat stumbled back and yanked the curtains shut. "Damn chicken..."

He caught Eve and Roger staring at him and he felt awkward, perhaps a little embarrassed. He put on a brave face and puffed out his chest. Tch! He wasn't scared! He was just looking out for them or that damned chicken-bully would have its way of the place. He strode over to the table with his head held high and his person reeking of denial and arrogance, "Well, I sure showed him, didn't I? I think it's safe to say, " he took his seat at the table, "that he'll think twice before messing with us." 

visualspice

Roger looked out the window with worry.
"I wonder what has gotten into Lou." he sighed. "This isn't the first time he's acted crazy. I wonder if those coyotes are back from the woods."

Eve, who had been staring at Zavimaat timidly, then turned to Roger and stared at him with a blink.
"Coyote?"
"Yeah, those wild dogs have been doing nothing good for my chickens. They ate two of them when I returned from that village I met you two at." he sighed. "Lou, although fiery, can fend off a wild dog or two, but I sitll don't get him. Its like he thinks he's a chicken." The old man shook his head and I"m afraid to say there's only bread for breakfast if we can't get to those eggs.

Eve dropped her gaze and frowned, feeling guilty for failing at her job.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"But it is a chicken, " Zavimaat informed Roger. Poor, uneducated Zaimaat had never seen or heard of a turkey before. But hearing that they'd have nothing to eat- this didn't sit well with him! He groaned, "You serious, pops?"

Oh man. His stomach protested. "Damn...I could eat a whale. " And that wasn't far from the truth either. "Ya really got nothing else in here?"

Roger smirked at him, amused, "You're afraid of Lou? That's alright, boy. I won't make you get the eggs if you're not feeling up to the task..."

Zavimaat banged his fists down on the table hard, causing the silverware to jump, " The hell I'm NOT!"

The old man quirked a brow, "Oh? So you'll get some then?"

Zavimaat stood up from the table, " I ain't no scaredy cat! I'll get yer damned eggs, ole codger! " He pointed at the man, "Now fire up that stove cuz I'll be back before you can say 'easy as pie' !"

He stormed away and out the door though not before arming himself with the frying pan and a basket .

Outside, Lou was waiting for him.

Zav stood there with the frying pan held lowered causally at his right side, the basket on the left. Man and turkey's eyes met and locked together in such an intense stare that it would have made women cry and men shiver.

"Ya think ya scare me, feather, but I got yer number! Imma be gettin' them eggs for Eve and yer gonna stay put right there like a good chicken. Yer not gonna give ME trouble, understand?" Zavimaat growled softly and began to step around the turkey. Lou simply sat there, staring at him unblinking. Still as a statue. Zav moved around him and headed off for the coop.

Two minutes after Zav had left to gather eggs, Roger and Eve would hear the man's scream from outside . Roger got up quickly from the table and was about to open the door when it exploded open and in ran Zavimaat holding the basket over his head high and laughing triumphantly like a mad man.

Roger shut the door behind him quickly and walked over to the kitchen, shaking his head.

Zav set the basket down on the counter , grinning, "Toldja I'd..." He peered into the basket to see that two of the eggs within were broken. "Damn. Well, there's still three left ,at least..."

Roger shook his head and went to cooking them and when all was done the three of them sat down to eat their breakfast.

visualspice

OOC: Zav and Eve have such special adventures XD

IC:
Soon the kitchen filled with the scent of eggs.  Each was served a hearty portion, eggs and some fried bread in fish oil, then some fish was fried up to compliment and complete the meal, and juiced pressed freshly for all to share.

Eve found herself quite hungry that morning, especially after all of the excitement from last night and.. well, from this morning. Careful not to seem to eager, as she was still uncertain o fherself, at a place to eat at the table, she gave a shy glance towards Zavimaat as she listened to Roger tell some tall tales about the turkey-bird, Lou.

"Yes, he has quite a many reasons to ruffle his feathers, proud..."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

ooc: Yeeeeep. And we both know it's only going to get even more ridiculous from this point on.

ic:

Where Eve had manners and was self-conscious about them, Zavimaat did not. He piled his plate high with fish and wolfed it down. As he was finished , he released a long and strident belch. He listened to old Roger talking about the chicken and wrinkled his nose, " Huh...there's the shortest book ever written."

Zavimaat stood up, " I'll clear." He collected the dishes and brought them over to the sink. He looked back over his shoulder at Eve and the old man engrossed in story time. He looked back at the dishes and sighed, "I ain't makin' women's work a habit..." He grumbled as he reached forward to twist the sink water on and wash the dishes!

He didn't mind making an exception for them...but just this once!

visualspice

OOC: I Have on idea what to reply XD *just tries to post something*

IC:
It had been a long morning already, and when Roger gestured for her to leave, she awkwardly obeyed and turned a glance back to Zavimaat before heading out into the other room. She wasn't sure what to do with herself. the puppy had already gone back to it's home, the wicked turkey, Lou, might be stalking outside....
She gave way to a yawn, and at Roger's suggestion,s he nodded nd headed up towards her room.
But as she got up there, leaning dreamily against the window, she realized, with a start, the wind chimes had fallen to the ground. Despairing, she glanced around but saw no sign of Lou, the turkey.

Slipping downstairs, she went outside and timidly, cautiously, began to make her way over towards the chimes. When she picked them up, they made a light chiming clank before she gripped them together and went back inside..
the turkey ever watching from the shadows...

Paradox

When his work was done, Zav asked Roger for materials with which to write a letter. With the materials acquired, he retired to the room he'd been given and sat down on the floor with a book in his lap, using that as a writing surface. He spread out the small yellowed parchment and set the inkwell down beside him. He dipped the quill in the ink and pressed it to the parchment and wrote in his native language:

Kazumi,

Met a girl on the way to Serendipity who needs my help. Might be late coming home. Had trouble with my boat. Lost shipment in a storm. Didn't get paid. Sorry. Don't worry. Promise to keep in touch.

Arashi

He set the letter aside to allow the ink to dry and left the room to find Eve. He found her near the door , holding the stupid wind chimes. "I was gonna head out in a few minutes to send a letter to my aunt. Do ya...wanna go with me? Maybe we could just walk or somethin'..."

He still needed to find a job. They couldn't sponge off of old Roger forever.

visualspice

OOC: Roger could just hire him to tame turkeys.. *Snickers*

IC:

Eve looked up at him with a start.  At his question, she slowly nodding her head, lowering her face as if ashamed as she held onto the windchimes, hugging her arms around her as she waited for Zavimaat to lead the way.  The windchimes, though they might have served as an irritant of her friends, made a calming sound that fascinated Eve and the way it made chaotic sounds into music.
As they walked, she held the windchimes out, the metal clanging together until a shadow loomed over head that made her gasp, hugging the metal to her chest as she peered up at an angry bird....

It looked similar to the one from the island...

It seemed today the birds were agitated...

Paradox

Zavimaat saw the shadow too and snatched her hand. He wasn't going to let more feathered fiends ruin his day! So, they ran! Bravely. While they were fleeing, however ,their newest bird stalker made off with Zavimaat's letter like a bandit. "Gah!" Zavimaat tried to catch the bird but it pecked him on the head and then flew away with a triumphant sqwuak!

Zav sighed and looked at Eve, "Never a dull moment, huh? I guess I'll just have to write another letter. "

Oh well. He'd throw a tantrum later!

"Er...you wanna go anywhere in particular?"

ooc: Shitty post, but I'm distracted!Will post something better later! For now, I'm off!

visualspice

Eve remained nearby, terrified by the shadow of the looming bird, and only gasped, clinging to Zavimaat tighter when it made off with the envelope, the wind chimes clanging as they settled from their run.
Frowning, she watched the bird disappear before glancing over towards Zavimaat, then away.
She wasn't sure what to do with herself, but found herself become distracted as she took note of all of the glittering carts in the market.

OOC: It's all good XD
not all posts can be made of magnificence XD
and your post was fine *waves it off*

Paradox

Following the girl's gaze, Zav noticed the market and their colorful stalls and frowned slightly. He hated shopping. There were noisy crowds, pushy merchants and the prices...

But he wondered if Eve had much experience with such things. Maybe not. Shy as she was, daddy probably never let her get outside much. He squeezed her hand to remind her that he was still there. "Ya wanna go check out what's over there? "

He didn't have much to spend, but they could look anyway.

visualspice

Eve didn't know how to comment, feeling ashamed that she would want to see such things, her expression wilting a bit, but her eyes were still aglow with wonder. She turned towards the vendors, staring at the colorful tents and carts that were thriving with activity.. She couldn't help herself, and appeared entranced by it, eyes unable to tear away as she clung onto Zavimaat's hand lightly.

OOC: Sorry for the short post, but I wanted to get a few out- despite being overly exhausted *flails*

Paradox

You can give me an answer, you know? I'm not gonna bite ya either way," but he smirked at the way she looked longingly at the market. It piqued her curiosity, he knew it did. He'd seen the same glow in his cousin's eyes when he'd taken the girl to her first festival. "Well," If she wasn't going to admit what she wanted then he'd just have to give her a little encouraging nudge in that direction, " I think I'd like to take a peek an' see what they got."

He moved forward, but kept his pace casual. Eve was nervous. He could feel her anxiety in the way her clammy hand grasped his. As they neared the crowd , it tightened. "It's alright, " He reassured her.

The market was fairly busy and the people themselves were about as colorful as the merchants and the stalls. "Excuse me, young man!" A tall, dark skinned merchant beckoned to Zav with his long, bony hand outstretched as he was passing by, " Might I have a moment of your time? "

ooc: I've no plans so feel free to control the merchant. x3

visualspice

As they walked through the glittering market place, Eve found herself transported into some other world. There were so many different types of people, and people, young and old, all mulling about, shouting, carrying on, even laughing as they exchanged words or goods for a sale.

"Lemons! Get your sweet and sour lemons here! Fresh picked from the lemon trees of the south!" one man shouted.

"Arrows! Arrows! We've got the fastest, mightiest arrows in stock! They can take down many a fine stag, and now we sell bronze ones! Hunt like the kings themselves with arrows that shine like gold!"  Eve blushed as the man tried to hold out the gold arrow for her, shaking her head as she pressed nearer against Zav.

"FRESH FISH! We catch 'em, you buy 'em!" another shouted, slapping a massive fish upon the table as an old man crept up to it.
"Just his eyes, this time frank! Well, perhaps the whole head," the old woman said. The fishing merchant nodded, slamming the blade into the fish's neck and the head came clean off. HE dropped the head and wrapped it up in a roll of paper. "Here you go, Charlene." and the old woman nodded with thanks.
"Thank you kindly, Johnathan." Then she was on her way.

There was even a man singing in the street, playing some stringed instrument for coin, and Eve felt herself become entranced by it, watching him singing against a fountain side with wonder.

Eve didn't even notice the merchant when he reached out, beckoning to them, her eyes still well distracted at the fountain.

"You seem to be looking for something in particular," the merchant said, still gesturing for Zavimaat to come forward to inspect his wares.
"I might have just hte thing for you." and he reached into his vendor stand, and pulled out a small necklace, one who's pieces clanked together like chimes.
The noise drew Eve's attention towards it as she found herself staring at the silvered piece.
It had five long extensions that dropped down from the necklace itself, made of silver with white dobs of creamed jewel paste at the end.

"Ah, it seems the lady likes such a thing,"t he merchant said, holding out the piece before his fingers as it dangled before her.  Eve blinked, but did not move any closer, merely staring at it in sheepish curiosity.

Paradox

ooc: Oh that post...rofl! Curse you, wind chimes!

ic:

"Actually, we're not." Zavimaat told the man flatly, determined to not buy anything some pushy salesman was trying to sell to him. Regardless though, the merchant was determined to advertise his wares and he showed them a necklace. Zavimaat snorted at it, unimpressed. However, he glanced over his shoulder at Eve and noticed that she seemed to be charmed by it. Part of him wished he could afford to spoil her, but deep down he knew that it was extremely unlikely that he could afford something so fancy . He frowned and fished around in his pocket , pulling out the measly amount of coin he had. Now he found himself wishing that Eve was as unimpressed with the jewelry as he was.

"Sorry but I can't afford it. "He said lamely, feeling somewhat ashamed of being poor. He released Eve's hand, turned and walked a little ways away from the merchant , meandering towards the fountain and staring into the water,

visualspice

Eve almost seemed crest fallen, but only for a short time.  As Zavimaat guided her away, she was easily distracted by the fountain and leaned over it, staring down at her rippling reflection.  She blinked, almost not realizing it was herself she was staring at and gently lifted a finger to touch it, only to have her image turn into another rippling pool of colors. She stared and watched the reflection settle, then blinked and noticed the coins glittering at the bottom of the fountain.

Paradox

ooc: He let go of her hand. xD He didn't make her come with. Oh well.

Seeing the water ripple, Zavimaat glanced over in Eve's direction. He watched her gaze into the water and curiously poke at her own reflection. A rare smile graced his features, one she did not see when she turned her eyes upon him again. "So," he began quietly," Old Roger treat ya good while I was away?"

Idly he wondered if that damned chicken had been a pain in the ass every day and if making a meal was always so tedious .

visualspice

Eve moved away from the fountain after having retrieved one of the coins as she stared at it, water dripping onto her skirts.
"There's money at the bottom of the water," she informed him, then took a seat beside him and blinked up at him curiously. "Yes. I was treated fine."
She shuffled her feet, looking down at the cobblestone walk way and idly played with the edge of her skirt.
"Why is there money in the fountain?" she asked after a time staring down at the coin now cradled in the palm of her hand.

Paradox

Zavimaat shrugged and sat down on the bench beside her (ooc: You didn't specify what she sat on so...I assume!) , seated with their backs to the fountain. From where they sat now, they had a full view of the whole busy market square , but the activities of the people hardly interested him though he did watch. He turned his head to look at her when she asked him about the money at the bottom of the fountain.

He shrugged, "I dunno. Some cultures have weird traditions. Some people think tossing a coin into the fountain is good luck.  Yer supposed to make a wish then toss the money in an' , in  a few days time, yer wish is supposed to come true," He stretched his limbs out and laughed, " Sounds pretty stupid , huh?"

visualspice

"Good luck?"she stared down curiously at the coin. "So people toss a coin into the fountain, hoping to buy a wish?" Eve blinked curiously at the idea as she peered from the copper coin in her hand up to Zavimaat, and blinked at him again, almost giving him the cutest of pouts to show for her uncertainty.

It was a charming idea, after all.