Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Little Bits and Pieces (M)

Started by visualspice, November 29, 2012, 12:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

"Heh. Don't got nothin' aside from each other." Zavimaat shrugged, not sounding as disappointed as he felt. He shook his head, " We're ready when you are. Ain't in no rush. We're jus' happy t' get the hell outta here."

At the inquiry about his direction, the young fisherman shrugged, " Well, we ain't far from Serendipity. I'm thinkin' ya could just drop us off at one of their ports." Keep it short and sweet. They didn't need to know more than what they'd asked and it probably would not be good if they knew why he'd been stranded. " I'm wonderin' though if it ain't too much to ask. I ain't got want for nothin', but the lady could use some dry clothin' and a bite t' eat. "

The elves looked at each other as if they needed to silently consent and then the leader nodded, " Yes, of course. That can be arranged. "

It would be little over half an hour before they boarded the ship and were on their way. Zavimaat remained on deck despite having been offered a room to rest. Eve had been shown off to find clothing and a meal. Zav had passed on the meal. He wasn't hungry which was weird for him. Zavimaat never said no to food.

He stared out at the ocean, his mind caught up in the events that led up to this moment. He knew what he wasn't going to do. He wasn't going to tell his clients what had happened to him. He didn't know those men and they'd looked like the type that would have slit his throat with no compunctions if he had failed. He regretted doing business with them, but the money had been too good to pass up.

But what was he to do about Eve? He still had no idea who or what she was. She might not have anywhere else to go. He wouldn't dare take her home with him. He wasn't sure but trouble seemed to follow her like a dark cloud. The last thing he wanted to do was get his aunt and cousin caught up in whatever this was.

Maybe he could help Eve find a new life once they got to a city. Then he'd go home and just be an honest fisherman for a while. Lay low until it was safer to get back into the old habit.

visualspice

The two were lead on board with nothing but the scraps of clothing on their body, and the book Eve clung protectively to.  When asked, Eve said nothing and the elves left it at that, whispering about how she appears shook up over the storm.

"It was a real bad one. We were lucky," one of the elves said, and left her to change.  They had a few dresses on board, though most offered were even a tad large for her size, but she ended up wearing a layered dress, one that had long, puffy sleeves with a delicate lace trim, and then a green tunic dress that layered on top. The embroidery was exquisite, even though the style was normal to most elves, yet on Eve, it made her appear striking, even as her hair needed a good brushing and her body, a wash.

They had offered her a few amenities, and with what she had, she freshened up, even had a chance to brush out most of the knots in her long, red hair before making another appearance on deck.  She wasn't sure what to do with herself and found herself staring over at Zavimaat as he stared out into the Sea.

She timidly approached, but remained quiet at his side, the book still in her hand, but the girl, appearing like new.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Zavimaat knew someone had approached but he didn't acknowledge Eve at first. After a few minutes of silently watching the waves, he turned around to face her. He tried not to look surprised. It was kind of amazing what a little tidying up could do for a girl.

Zav smiled at her, " Lookin' fancy. Ya got a date with one of them pointy ears?" He teased, chuckling at the thought and thinking he'd have to beat the living shit out of any man on this ship that even thought about trying to take advantage of this poor girl. "Ya look...nice. Ya feel better bein' cleaned up an' all? " He frowned then, "They treatin' ya proper like? Cause if they ain't, I'll make sure they do." He cracked his knuckles, though he doubted that beings as civilized as elves were about to give Eve any trouble at all.

visualspice

Eve blushed at his comment and dropped her gaze.  Compliments were rarely rewarded to her, and she had no idea how to react, but at his later statement and his knuckles cracking, she only stared at him, again, not sure what to say to an antic like that.  No one in her life had ever seen her as having any real value...
except when her father realized what horrible things he could sell her off for...
and that was the last she would ever see of him, or the small village she had been from. She had lived a sheltered life there, most of the people being magic-users that were hiding from the rules of Connloath, and also those who would rather not move outside the mountains, their home.  It was stupid pride, but all the same, she had grown up there, never aware of anything else besides the soiled windows and the dank, cold basement she had lived in.

She took a moment to stare over at the ocean Zavimaat had been admiring. She had never seen anything like it,and though it was beautiful, it frightened her all the same.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Zavimaat turned from her for a moment and went back to watching the sea, " I like watchin' it. Dunno why. Just calms me since I was a kid." He went quiet for awhile. He would have been content to remain like this throughout the night, but there were things on his mind. He glanced over his shoulder at her, " I uh...dunno how but I think ya made my leg better. I owe ya." He shook his head, " Ain't too bad of a ship, eh? Quite a beauty. Makes me jealous. " He stroked the railing as if it were a precious child.

visualspice

She understood what he meant. The gentle noise from the ocean was calming, but the vastness of it was still unsettling to Eve.  The waters stretched as far as the eye could see.  Never in her wildest dreams could she imagine such a thing as the ocean.  She cautiously took a step forward, book still in hand as a sea breeze carried gently through her long hair.

Then when he commented about his leg, she looked down towards his tattered clothes and felt embarrassed. She wasn't sure what to tell him. She wasn't even sure if she could blame her, or rather, give her credit for such a deed.

But it was peculiar...
When all of it was happening, she felt a connection, something she couldn't quite explain...
It was as if she HAD healed him. but how was something like that even possible?  She down cast her gaze, staring through her long lashes at her feet, which had a pair of wrapped shoes upon them.  They almost didn't fit, but the wraps secured them around her ankles as she slowly wiggled her toes beneath.

Then, at his comment about the ship, she looked around them curiously.
"I've never really seen the ocean before," she commented quietly, her eyes drifting back towards the sunset, which melted the sun into layers of warm colors against the darkening skies.

Paradox

"I come from a place where no such things exist," Zavimaat explained, feeling the need to fill the silence between them, " magic is something that only exists in stories. Healers don't fix legs with nothin' more than some bandages, and organic medicines. And I was doubtful that any of this is real right now, ya know? Feel like I've lost my mind or somethin'. Jus' kinda hard to accept when ya thought ya knew what things were like for so long and then somethin' new comes along and it flips ya, turns the whole world upside down. It changes everything ya thought ya knew...just like that. In the blink of an eye..."

He rubbed his neck, " It's a lot to take in. There's you and there's a book. Someone or a lotta someones had plans for ya. So it would seem. Got paid big to transport that book. I had no idea. Jus' thought the guy who wanted it was a collector but maybe there's more to it than I know. It could be bad news. "

"Really?" Zavimaat wasn't all that surprised to learn this about her. She certainly seemed like the sheltered type. She was probably one of those country types. Probably came from some village or town in the middle of nowhere. "What do ya think 'bout it?" 

visualspice

Eve remained quiet as she listened to him, then at his question, she blinked and studied the sky against the ocean again.

"It's terrifying," she admitted softly, the sky reflecting in her eyes.  "But it's also beautiful."
She couldn't remove her eyes from it, only stare as she brushed her wind swept hair away from her eyes an stole a single glance towards Zavimaat, before her eyes returned to her feet.

OOC: MAGNIFICENT.. AND SHORT  X3

Paradox

"Good answer," Zavimaat agreed with a nod , " ain't the ocean that scares me though. Heh. Nah. The weather is a force to respect. Alone, the ocean is harmless , but the storm is a wild power that not the strongest man can control nor the wisest of men can predict. A storm goes where it pleases and ,like ya seen, it's not merciful specially towards the ignorant and unprepared. Oh man, ya caught me at a bad time, I tell ya. I been sailin' since I was fifteen. Always been prepared. Nature got one on me, but it ain't gonna get me next time. I'm the best damned sailor 'n fisherman in Midori , ya know. " He boasted, puffing his pride-filled chest.

He moved closer to her, possibly closer than she was comfortable with. " Whaddyah wanna do when ya get to Serendipity? Ya got any particular job skills like uh....sewing or somethin'? "   

visualspice

Again, Eve remained silent, though pleasantly so as she remained beside him, listening to him talk on and on about the sea and his history. She tried to think how life might be like growing up on a boat within the ocean.  THe idea was frightful.

Then at his next question, she turned to him and merely stared. She had no idea what he meant.

"I just want to be anywhere than where I was before." It might have sounded silly, but the only thing she could think of was to run.    And the question.. she did not quite understand it.  The concept of a job never settled into her mind, after all, most things about the world she had been sheltered from, and not by choice.

Paradox

"Well that's well and fine, but ya need a plan. " Zavimaat informed her, frowning. Was she so sheltered that she had no concept of how the real world worked? " You have somewhere you can go? If ya don't , you need to find something. Ya just can't wander wherever. That kinda life ain't a safe life for a girl. Don't work that way. Ya got no money, it seems. Yer gonna need some and for that yer gonna need some kind of job. Ya got anything yer good at? Like I'm good at fishing and sailing. How 'bout you?"

visualspice

Eve only stared at Zavimaat, not even sure how to respond as she raised her brows slowly as he pressed the issue. 

"What I'm good at?" She lowered her head with a frown, still hugging the book against her, though this time she was cradling it like a child. Her green eyes wandered towards the sea.
"I don't think I'm really good at anything. I... don't think I understand what you're asking." She said, lowering her head even more as she idly brushed her fingers across the leather cover of the book, fingers tracing across the branches indented for the tree of paradise.

"I never had to think of those things before."s he added quietly.

OOC: Eve so lame. Jobs make no sense to someone as sheltered as she is XD derp!

Paradox

"Yer serious?" Zavimaat stared at her for a moment, appearing surprised but then he shook his head, feeling sorry for her. Even if she was sheltered, surely she must have known that. "Geeze. Yer parents really kept you in the dark if you don't even know what a job is," He tired thinking of a way to explain it to her, but he was not the best with words, " How have you managed to survive this long without - who took care of you before now? "

ooc: Today is a short post day. xD

visualspice

OOC: Haha, for REALZ
Eve.. sometimes I can't post much for her XD Sorry.. but she can be useless sometimes >>

but she *did* heal his leg! :P

IC:
At his questions, she seemed to blanch as she backed away, even pouting before looking back down at her book.
"I lived with my father," she said softly, her eyes wavering with tears at the memory.  She didn't want to think of it, and found herself drifting back to those horrible thoughts...
and the day she had been taken away...
and how many times she had been called useless..
worthless...
pathetic....

She found herself trembling before a sob escaped her lips, salty tears falling onto her book.

Paradox

ooc:

I'm keeping my thoughts to myself. *zips lips*

ic:

"Before you said ya didn't wanna go back. You meant to your father, huh?" He didn't like asking that question because he had a feeling that he was right and it seemed to be a very sensitive topic with her. "I ain't gonna ask no more 'bout it. It's yer business. Ya don't gotta say nothin' at all. I had some pretty shitty parents too, but I ain't gonna compare. I had another place to go. Seems like maybe you didn't..."

"Well, so maybe there ain't much ya know right now but that don't mean much. I'm sure ya got potential for somethin'. We jus' gotta figure out what it is. I could teach ya some skills , if ya want. Ya know, jus' a couple of tricks that'll help ya survive. I can't teach ya none of them lady-like things though. Cuz, y'know. I ain't a girl. Obviously."

"I can teach ya how to fish, how to sail, and how to bust some balls when some fucker tries to mess with ya. " He punched his fist into his palm and grinned at her, " Ain't nobody whose gonna screw wit ya once I teach ya grandpa's secret techniques." He boasted.

ooc: He will be the best teacher ever.

visualspice

She wasn't sure what it was, but his desire to help her soothed her tears as she brushed them away.  It was an unusual experience for her, to have someone help her, let alone a complete stranger...a nd from it, despite the rough appearance and presentation, it warmed her and made her smile.

Lowering her head, embarrassed, she stated softly, "I used to clean." she suggested, eyeing the ship's floor.
"Though it was hard, it seemed like dirt was everywhere." She thought back to her shabby house, tears threatening her eyes again as she brushed them away.
"But he said I was never any good at it."
Her face became more crestfallen.
"I don't think I"m good at anything." she said, even softer.

Paradox

"Yeah. That is a tough one. Never liked it myself. Huh...my aunt used to nag me all the time 'bout that, " He crossed his arms and wrinkled his nose and mimicked his aunt's voice poorly, " Is that a spot on your plate? I thought I TOLD you to clean it! Now you must wash all over again, you silly boy! Must wash until you get it RIGHT"

Zavimaat shrugged his shoulder, " Just a spot, right? Why make such a big deal? It's gonna get dirty again before the day is through anyways so what's the point? But nooooooo...you try sayin' that to my aunt and she goes rabid. "

He threw up his hands in the air, "Tch! What does yer ole man know anyway? If you was my daughter, I sure as hell wouldn't make you do no dishes. That's what wives are for- er I mean...that's why people have dogs. They lick the plate clean, THEN the wife rinses it off and there ya go. All done with little to no hassle. "  He lowered his arms , " Fuck him, I say. I'd bloody his face if I ever clapped eyes on him, I promise you."

Zavimaat clapped a hand on the girl's shoulder, "Well shit, Eve. Nobody knows what they're good at til they give it a whirl. Life ain't 'bout bein' born to do somethin' it's 'bout findin' yer path. Who an' what ya are ...that ain't up to me , or yer dad or anyone. That's up to you. Some of us are lucky to find our callin' sooner than others and some folks jus' take a little longer, like you. Trick is, ya jus' keep lookin'. Yer gonna find what yer lookin' for so long as ya don't throw in the towel. "

visualspice

Eve wasn't sure she followed what the man said, but did take comfort in the fact he was at least trying to help her.
"I'm afraid I don't understand,"s he said softly, lowering her gaze as she slowly shook her head.  "I don't even know what I should do now." She approached the side of the ship, hugging onto the book while leaning against the wood, her cheek resting against hte top as she stared out into the ocean.

"The waters seem to go on forever," she commented softly.

Paradox

Zavimaat elevated an inquiring brow at her, " Well, you've already been making some choices on your own. I didn't force you to come with me, but you probably figured that going with me was better than being left behind. Perhaps you just cling to me for survival's sake, but I'd like to think I have a trustworthy mug and a charming personality." He grinned at her before sliding back into a more sober mood again.

He didn't comment on her observation of the ocean.

"It'll make more sense the more time you've spent on your own, independent from whatever life you used to live. From this day on, you gotta learn to make your own decisions. I'll stick around for a bit, until I'm sure that you'll be alright on your own. But I need to write my aunt a letter when we reach land. She's expecting me home in a few weeks and when I don't show up, she'll probably freak out. How does that sound? " 

visualspice

Eve kept her head lowered as she nodded at his statement.  Biting into her lower lip, she said not a word, but the idea of being alone terrified her. Where would she go? How would she live? She couldn't wrap her head around it no matter how Zavimaat tried to explain it.  She turned away from him, brushing away at the tears in her eyes as she shuffled the book still held within her grasp.
The day was waning, and a cool, night breeze fluttered between them as Eve felt herself shiver.

Soon this day would end, and tomorrow- a new one beginning..
but where would it lead her?
And why was she so hung up on this book?
She took a moment to slide herself onto the floor, making herself comfortable as she hugged her knees to her chest, eyes focusing on the front cover of the book as she slid her hands across it.
She was curious of it, but partially afraid to open it...
who knew what horrors were involved within the written pages.