Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

But I Am Rather The Fallen Angel... [Open]

Started by Lorcain, February 21, 2013, 12:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorcain

She frowned. "Basically."

His tone changed.

"You get shut up!" she snapped, although she couldn't decide to be playful or not at his seriousness. "My charming personality." she echoed. She was also hoping that he'd ask her to kill something soon as well.

She crossed her arms for a bit and was silent.

She wanted to know a bit more, but she figured it could wait until he wasn't antagonizing her so much. She started sulking.

Zero

Well at least he knew where he stood and what she really wanted. Just his luck to get stuck with something like this. Maybe he was being punished for abandoning his sister. Did he believe in Karma?

He glared at her, eyes burning with resentment. "Your charming personality. Well aren't we just a match made in Hell?"

Gavin wasn't sure he liked his own line being thrown back at him, but he probably deserved it. Growling he turned away from her again and started walking once more. Maybe if he just got this over with he would be left alone. If there was some higher being up there, they couldn't punish him forever.

"Whatever. Let's just get this over with."

Lorcain

She was feeling a little sour at him, but she couldn't help but give a small chuckle.

"So what are we going to do?" she asked, beginning to find it difficult to keep up and resorting to walking really quickly.

It would be interesting to find out what he wanted her to do. Kill someone? Get something? Scare the living daylights out of someone? So long as it wasn't something tedious, Aksha was interested.

Zero

Already his mind was shifting to other things. Finding himself in the company of a demon didn't really change his goals or needs. Without even thinking about it, he slowed his pace as Aksha struggled to keep up. Gavin wouldn't purposely be considerate, he just reflexively did it. He was used to Nisha being unable to keep up.

"What do you mean what are we going to do? Didn't you say you needed a guide? I thought that was why you were pestering me. Ask questions or something. The sooner you know what you need to know, the sooner you can go away."

Lorcain

"It'll be fun." she suggested. "I just know you want to rip something up or mess with someone." she wasn't lying, but she may have been exaggerating. She could feel his resentment, and maybe a hint of anger, but she didn't know if he'd hold back. Although, looking at the blood that covered her, that seemed unlikely.

She also appreciated his slowing down, but she didn't mention it because she knew he'd speed up again if she thanked him. Plus she wasn't really the thanking type.

Zero

"Fun, right. Sure it will. So what do you need a guide for again?" Gavin didn't really want to maim anything else at that moment. Sure, the demon was annoying, but he had other things on his mind besides just destruction.

"I don't suppose you know anything about healing, or anyone that does..." If he could find a truly gifted healer, that would be an excellent start. So far he'd not come across anyone particularly remarkable, though.

Lorcain

"Uh...protection? I dunno, maybe people will think I'm just a crazy person playing dress-up, and you're making sure noone spears me?" she suggested, and laughed a little. Humans would probably buy that wouldn't they? She was sure Azrakael mentioned something about a few humans who liked to dress up. That was one of the few times they had laughed a lot.

"Healing? Really, do I look like I can?" she said, gesturing to her bloodied, red, horned self. "I think I can stop things bleeding, but that's it." she added as an afterthought.

"You don't look sick." she said, though it was spoken as a question.

Zero

"Heh. Do I look like a bodyguard? And if I were you I wouldn't go counting on that. You're unmistakably inhuman and you reek of demon. Although with humans you probably don't have to worry about the smell..."

Gavin really didn't think she was going to be fooling anybody. Her answer about healing hadn't surprised him though, he'd not been very hopeful when he'd asked. Her comment about not looking sick was met with a grunt.

"Not for me." He finally conceded, although the words were a bit of a growl.

Lorcain

She shrugged. "I don't know. I thought they believed anything." she said, although bristled on his mentioning her "smell", and tried to ignore it.

Not for him, hm? She was going to remember that little piece of gold, he didn't look like the type who had friends or family. She glanced at him, trying to read him.

"Who for?" she asked, like someone seeing how far they could walk on an ice lake without it cracking, although she could hear him "creaking".

Zero

"Some of them do, others are a little more clever than that. I do think I know the perfect place to take you, though." Gavin's mind had traveled to Zantaric, it was a place where people did not ask questions, the inhuman and human lived side by side with everyone minding their own business. A perfect place for a demon to live.

"None of your business." He snapped as she asked who he wanted a healer for. Speaking of Nisha was not something he wished to do. Thinking of her was something he didn't really even like to do. After abandoning her, it was hard to say if she even was still alive. Could she even survive without him?

Lorcain

She gave him a wry smile when he barked at her, but dropped the subject non-the-less.

"Ah, I see. What is this place then?"

She had her doubts, but like her, she guessed werewolves were proud. She started wondering about a place to stay where she wouldn't have pitchforks rammed into her gullet when she came out the woods. It seemed nice.

Zero

Dropping the subject was a wise choice. Gavin would not have taken kindly to prodding, certainly not in the mood he was in.

"Zantaric, where all the shady people hang out. Assassins, thieves, tramps, necromancers, inhuman monsters...whatever. They all mind there own and don't ask a lot of stupid questions. My kind of place, actually."

Except he still couldn't shake the nagging obligation to his sister. As much as he'd love to just forget her altogether, he could not help but feel guilty for leaving her behind.