Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Opposites Attract!

Started by Ivory, December 24, 2012, 10:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

(OOC: Once again, he is more concerned about food than anything else.  XD )

Akala gave her head a little shake as she confirmed his suspicions.  "I spend most of my time on land.  And I've never traveled far by boat."  Or traveled by boat at all, really; usually, if she were in a boat, it was to keep her friends company...

"How can you tell where we are?  Or where we're going?" she pressed, curious as ever about her strange friend.

Paradox

Ha'aeho had to think about this because he didn't know what she meant how would he tell her where they were. Because that was a silly question! Obviously, he would just say so! With his voice! She must have been using a word differently. Humans and their multiple meanings for a word. So confusing!

"Akala ask how know where go? " The shark considered again but he had no words for this," Ha'aeho knows. Ha'aheo always know. Swim big water. Swim ocean for long time. Ha'aheo know ocean. Ocean home. " It was just that simple , really!

Now something was bothering him and he had to ask, "Why Yor-ikcy people no...go far? How stay? Food no gone no time?"

(( Of course! He's a shark AND a man! ))

Ivory

Of course!  It made sense...ish.  Obviously, Ha'aheo relied on landmarks other than...well, landmarks.  He relied on watermarks, whatever those happened to be!

"Then I'm very happy that you're with me, Ha'aheo, or I would have become lost before we even began."

It was beautiful out here, though, in a singularly solitary sort of way.  That was another reason she was glad for Ha'aheo's presence; without him, she would have been lonely indeed.

His question brought an immediate grin to her face -- Ha'aheo always thought with his stomach!

"No, we always have enough food.  There's no reason for us to go -- we're very happy where we are."

Most of them, anyway.  The sudden crack behind them -- like lightning striking a tree -- made her flinch, then turn to stare searchingly back at her people.  They were quite far now -- and, though muted by distance, the sound was quite startling.  "I think they've learned we're missing..."

Paradox

( he relies on the song "Watermark" by Enya to inspire his direction!)

"Is true." Ha'aheo agreed. Silly Akala WOULD be lost without him. Because she was not shark.

Ha'aheo 'hrrrn' 'ed at Akala's answer to his question. She claimed that there was no reason to go anywhere? What?

"Yor-iki strange people. Ha'aheo say right word. Strange. Is no like Ha'aheo. Is strange. Ha'aheo swim long way all time. See many strange no shark. Eat many foods. Is good. No see Ha'aheo no swim long way. Never see Akala. Never eat good fish from Yor-iki wat-"

Akala mentioned something about missing. What?

"No missing. We here!" Ha'aheo ever-so sagaciously reminded her. 

(ooc: I meant to post waaaay sooner but my health has been terrible. Still kinda is but I had some energy/inspiration to post! Yay! )