Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Another day?

Started by Nam, December 24, 2012, 10:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nam

"Then, I shall free you from your curse." He said, pressing the tip of his sword against her chest so the evil would vanish from her and reveal the lost maiden he had come to save. Yes, what a twist, is it not? Unknown to her, she was both the final boss and the maiden in distress of their short lived story. Cursed by the power of witches and magic-users; lucky for her, William sword could free her soul. How? Don't ask...

Ivory

"Me?" she asked, as in character as it was out.  Kathryn blinked up at him for a moment before the act dawned on her, and she laughed in delight at the surprise twist.

Reclining on the earth, she pressed the back of her hand to her forehead in imitation of a dramatic, ladylike swoon.  "Where am I?  And who is this handsome knight standing over me?"  She broke character a moment to wink conspiratorially.  "I remember being captured by this terrible and evil warlock who swore he would curse me...  But what has happened?  It all must have been a dreadful dream!"

Evoric snorted, as if in commentary to her over-dramatic acting and turned away to nibble at some grass.  From beneath her hand, Kathryn shot him a dirty look.  Really!  Who had asked him what he thought anyway?

Nam

Will was dazzled by her performance and in turn stared to blink at her as-well. He was thinking the same thing as her horse, but he went along with it anyway dropping to one knee before her. Will grabbed her closer limb with both hands and peered into her eyes with intensity. "Oh, it was not a dream M'lady, but no worries, I have vanquished the darkness." He said with the most serious tone he could muster. The side of his lip quivered as to not laugh. In a scene like this the valiant knight would kiss the worries of the woman away, but of course, Will wasn't going to do that –instead he got back up to his feet, turned, and extended an arm towards the outskirts of the tiny forest they inhabited.

"We must ride away now and disappear into the sunset!"

Ivory

Kathryn rose up beside him, trying to keep back a laugh as well -- but, mayhaps, for different reasons.  Taking him by the shoulders, she spun him around and whispered, "Sun sets this way!"

She cleared her throat and straightened, still fighting the need to laugh out loud.  "My hero!"  But what to give him as a favor?  She tapped her lips with a fingertip as she thought it over.  "I have nothing to give you as a favor..."

She momentarily mused over her options, then shook her head.  Nope, absolutely nothing!

Nam

Will blushed, embarrassed by his little mistake, but he remained poised and in-character, not moving a muscle as the woman twirled him around to the right direction: "Yes!" he said, "towards the sun set! I was just testing you..." he said. Will grabbed her arm and started running towards the horse. "No worries, you can treat me to a meal." He said, suppressing a laugh. Normally, the hero would say something heroic like, 'I'm just doing my job' or 'your smile is all the reward I need', but Will felt like playing the troll –that, and his bread was probably taken out of the oven by now. It would become cold and hard if they didn't eat it soon.

Ivory

Kathryn laughed at his enthusiasm, allowing him to pull her along until they were almost to Evoric.  The horse looked up, clearly annoyed that his meal was about to be interrupted.  "It will be a poor meal," she answered with a grin.  "I'm afraid I have no coin."

Judging by the sky, though, it was probably about time she get him back to his village.  She paused a moment to return her belongings to the nook in the tree, well out of the reach of animals and out of the eyesight of anyone looking for it.

"Perhaps another time, though," she said, scooping up his own sword and returning it to the brave knight.  "I cook a delicious rabbit."

Nam

Will graciously accepted his wooden sword and nodded with a grin, "That would be great!" he said. He fell silent though, processing what she had just said and about a full minute later his expression changed to one of confusion –er... excitement? "A rabbit!?" he exclaimed. He had heard they were rather good, but not a paw had ever greeted his moist lips. Only royalty or noblemen enjoyed the likes of such domestic meat. How would a girl like this get his hands on rabbit?

Ivory

Kathryn swung herself neatly up onto Evoric's back, turning back to her new friend and extending a hand down towards him to help him up as well.

"Yes," she answered with a grin.  "A rabbit.  I do have a bow, and I could probably afford to buy some carrots and onion from your market."  Probably definitely!  Such things couldn't cost much...  She could risk spending a few copper, to be sure.  "I can catch and prepare them by myself."

Her eyes caught his, and they were full of mischief as she added, teasing him, "Will you be telling the town guard there's a poacher in town?"

Nam

Will wasn't sure how to react to this. If he was planning to be a Knight someday, he would probably have to deal with poachers, no? But for the meantime, he wasn't a Knight. He grinned and accepted her hand, rising up on Evoric's back. His mouth watered as he thought about the possibility of actually eating rabbit.

Ivory

Sensing his hesitation, in spite of his grin, she added cheerfully, "Don't worry.  I'm not here to make trouble.  And I don't sell anything I catch.  It's for me to eat -- and my friends -- so I've never hunted anything bigger than a rabbit."

It was harmless!  Besides, the rare rabbit she caught and prepared for dinner would hardly be missed by the forest or hunters.

She turned Evoric back towards town to return her young friend.  "So how about it?  Same time tomorrow?"