Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Spoonful of Sugar Helps the Medicine Go Down [Goblin]

Started by Juno, December 27, 2012, 09:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

It bothered him that her drink was being taken from her. He didn't like to see a woman being restricted in such a silly way, as if the wine would disappear if it were taken from her. He thought it quite petty and rude, but he wasn't about to draw attention to it when it seemed he'd gained her interest back again. There were far better things to discuss than his preferences at the table.

Her smirk was answered with one of his own as he stared across at her, as if challenging whether she was really going to go there now. But, he wanted to give her what she wanted. He bowed his head to her slightly to acknowledge her very valid statement. "I apologize for making you wait, Lady Dvorak. I thought you would have remembered from last week," he said, winking.

"I am Akakios Reolaras. To many that name may mean quite a lot and to some others, very little. To many it is what the name can offer that draws them in, Lady Dvorak, their wildest dreams and fantasies realized." He emptied his glass at last, setting it down gently and flicking the stem boredly now that he had no further distractions from his company. "Do forgive my manner of speaking, Lady Wechslers," he offered, gently setting his hand upon the older woman's forearm for a moment before turning to meet the well-hidden glare of Lucas. He could tell that his friend was quite unhappy with him just by his silence, so it didn't take him long to be drawn back to the light-haired woman with a very confident smile.

"Or did you want to hear of some different desires?" he challenged.

GoblinFae

Amleah hummed softly. "I have many names to keep track of Akakios, you'll have to forgive me if one or two slip my mind. Although I have to say I'm not really sure what to think of what your name might offer. However, the concept is quite understood. A woman such as myself often must deal with those seeking her attention."

"It helps if she is not flaunting her wares," Ro'or sniped.

The fairer twin looked to her darker counterpart before waving at her own body. "Is there anything immodest about my appearance? Or would you just have me clothed as a priestess and locked away within a windowless tower for all eternity?" She laughed and was pleased to hear others within hearing distance of the table join in. "I think you're just jealous Ro'or, surrounded by mostly men and without a single lady hanging on your every word. What ever will you do?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

"Of course, Lady, I would never think any less of you for it," he answered, quite amused at the idea of her ever forgetting him. He certainly did not intend for her to. The bickering of the pair, though, had him quite interested, especially with the very blunt way she was speaking. He definitely was admiring her spark now.

Akakios smiled. A wedge between them was exactly what he wanted, and he could not be happier that it was happening organically before his eyes. He wasn't quite sure if she was encouraging him to hang around other women or if she was pointing out the fact that she knew he did it. Either way, the vampire thought it might cause some drama and he sat quietly and patiently waiting for something else to happen.

GoblinFae

"Care to play a game sister?"
"I thought you were displeased with my behavior tonight brother."
"Lowly nobles will scarcely remember beyond your beauty. You need not fear, my dear."

Amleah cast a glance over her water glass towards Akakios. "And him?"
"What better way to milk the venom from an asp than to send a chick into the snake pit."
"I am bait then?"
"Not at all my flighty bird."
"Let the games begin."

"What shall I do, you ask?" Ro'or repeated, preparing for the verbal battle to come. "What would you have me do, my lady? Would it please you to have me leave and associate with other women? I thought my lady liked me at her side. Was I mistaken? Shall I go?" he offered, placing his hands on the arm of his chair in an attempt to rise.

"Oh quit making a scene. You're such a child, honestly. Enjoy your dinner and keep your advising to a minimum. I thought you promised that tonight would be about enjoyment. Why do I get the feeling it is all about politics? That's how it always with you, isn't it?"

Her brows furrowed as her lips pursed and she turned in her seat to face him. Switching to Old Serenian, she began to hiss angrily at her brother in the beloved tongue of Tirial. Many of the guests nearby halted in their conversations to eavesdrop on High Lady and Adviser alike. It was not uncommon knowledge that the two were related. Many had speculated the extent of their relationship and now found it amusing to listen to them quarrel. Behind hands they whispered about how long it would be before Lady Dvorak took a new adviser who could see to her needs better than the shadow-dweller Ro'or.

"Excuse me," she stated shakily, rising to her feet and causing the males around her to rise as well in respect. "I need to powder my nose. Stay Ro'or. Kia knows I don't need you following me there as well. I will be back, nothing's going to happen to me in the mean time. Honestly," she huffed, leaving the table and the room with the grace of a pureblood noblewoman.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Akakios could not believe his luck for the pair to be arguing before him. The possibility of it all being staged wasn't even crossing his mind. As he watched them, he snagged a server and asked for another glass of the wine he'd been drinking. It came rather quickly, but the vampire was far too distracted by what was happening around him when it replaced his empty one.

Looking left and right down the table as most of the men rose when she stood, the nobleman was quite confused. In all his life he had never seen a mere entertainer honored in such a public fashion. But more than that, it was the chilling, beautiful sound of the Old Serenian tongue that captured his attention.

The more she said, the more drawn in the vampire became. It was a shock to him, to hear someone speaking the language so fluently. He was not aware of the language still being a tradition among Tirial, especially its nobles. He himself had not heard a word of it uttered by someone besides himself in a very, very long time. Though she was not speaking to him, it still struck Akakios quite powerfully, taming him temporarily to hear his mother tongue spoken with such fluidity and grace.

He watched the woman go until she was completely out of sight, and then he watched the men sit back down. Looking to Lucas with a confused expression, he wondered why all of this was happening. He certainly was not in Featherfall this night. "Who is she really, Lucas?" he whispered to him. "What kind of singer gets that sort of treatment?"

Lucas sighed and rolled his eyes and whispered back. "We should wait until we have more privacy or can do proper introductions, Akakios. This is not the sort of thing to be whispering about at the dinner table."
"She's not a queen, is she?" he scoffed, still whispering.
"No, but to these people she might as well be."

The thought of her being this province's High Lady still had not crossed his mind as the vampire looked to the door she'd disappeared through. She certainly had his full attention now, this mystery Lady Dvorak. Even if she was some admired nobleman's daughter he was very interested to know why the people here seemed to make such a fuss over her.

Straightening in his seat and drinking from his new glass of wine as he pondered her, Akakios studied her adviser closely. He was certainly interested in them now, but especially the woman. If she was important, then it only served as a further challenge for him to feed from her. Perhaps he could cause a little scandal in his time here. That was certainly an exciting thought. "Ro'or, is it?" he addressed him finally. "Is your lady always so vivacious?" he wondered, a confident smile there and mirth dancing in his eyes.

"Where ever did she learn to speak the Old language?" he asked in his native tongue, curious if he could speak it as well. Lucas shot him a warning glance that he noticed but decided to ignore.

GoblinFae

"She has always been a spirited one, even since she was small. There is a flame within her that it seems none can quench and a heart to match as well," Ro'or replied, glancing off in the direction his sister had left in.

The sound of the old tongue once more being uttered brought him about face in a matter of seconds though. He felt the smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth even as he worked on formulating his response.

His tones were darker than Amleah's own lilting speech pattern. Where she made the old tongue sing, he made it purr. He returned Akakios' answer with it, feeling the power that came with speaking such a heavily-rooted in ancient magic, tongue.

"She learned it from her mother just as most everyone in Tirial does. Unlike what they seem to teach your lot in Featherfall, here in Tirial all children come to learn the Old Language. We take great pride in our ancient history. And by the by it's Lord Dvorak to you, Reolaras."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

All in Tirial? Akakios was stunned and his eyes showed it for the briefest moment before he turned to glare at Lucas. How dare he never divulge such important information! How dare he, when he knew of how his friend had suffered and wallowed in sadness for how little chances he had to converse in the language. Lucas pointedly ignored him, though, not wanting to get into such a distasteful argument in front of important people, and Akakios, recognizing it, decided to let it go for now.

"I suppose outside of Tirial it is rare to know another familiar with it, Ro'or," Akakios shrugged, refusing to acknowledge the title though he did take note of it. It was odd, he thought, that a lady would call her husband both adviser and chaperone but not dear or otherwise acknowledge the relationship. "Unfortunately my "lot" is rare in Featherfall. I am the last of my kin." He glanced to the door Amleah had disappeared through and smirked confidently as he brought his attention back to the man across from him. "Perhaps I should think about planting roots in this lively province instead," he chuckled, finally bringing himself back into Common.

GoblinFae

Ro'or took a sip of his wine, savoring the bittersweetness of it sliding down his throat. "As are we," he murmured back, amused by the nobleman's excuses. It further entertained him that Akakios sought to try and perturb him with innuendos of making a move a Tirialian woman that could quite possibly be his own sister. He had no doubts though he could deter the other man should there be any real threat to Amleah's virture.

"Take care where you plant those roots of yours Reolaras. I think you would be quite disappointed to find some of our weather to be cold and our soils to already be barren of the virtues that make all living things grow."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The lighthearted chuckles around them didn't unsettle the vampire. They really only encouraged him, for he knew that the joke would be on them at some point for not realizing what he was capable of sooner. It truly seemed that nobody besides this man, the host, and hostess were even aware of who he, let alone his station or title.

A gentle, patronizing smile graced his lips as he observed the man across from him. "I am accustomed to cold and all the difficulties that come with it. It makes things more difficult, but what's life without a bit of a challenge now and then, right?"

GoblinFae

"I would be wary if I were you to not plow in another man's field or you will find your neighbor and his wife far from friendly," Ro'or cautioned casually. I do not recommend uprooting yourself given your success in your own province. There are many crops here that have yet to achieve their full potential and it would not due to have them smothered by the smog of incoming industry."

The advisor chuckled to himself though, donning his own condescending smile. "Lucky for me though I already have a firm grasp on the proper care of our rugged land's vast agricultural potential. I am not so sure you could say the same though given the north's gentler climate."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"It is far from just my own province," he chuckled, highly amused and sure now that this man knew nothing of who he was. "But I will certainly take care to tread lightly while I am here.

"Now, if you'll excuse me," Akakios muttered, rising from his chair even as Lucas shot him a stern look. He was not about to let him tie him to the table when he didn't want to be there. He was bored, plain and simple, and he knew how long and slow these dinners could be. Slipping out of the room he was now on the hunt for Miss Dvorak, as he now knew her, and he was sure she would be far more entertaining than the rest of her company if he could intercept her.

GoblinFae

Ro'or was greatly amused by the entire conversation. While, his persona perhaps was meant to feel threatened, he felt delighted by Akakios' impending departure. True to form though, he pressed his lips into a thin line and raised a thin brow in challenge before looking away to drink his wine.

"The viper is headed your way, my dove."
"Had all the fun without me, brother?"
"Never dearest, it has only just begun."

The High Lady sighed at the thought, feeling somewhat weary and disappointed when she had so desperately hoped for something more of the evening than more political games. As she heard the aforementioned gentleman approach though, she placed her hand over her breast and leaned back against the wall, allowing her feelings to show on her face as she let loose another disgruntled sigh.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Akakios walked at an easy pace, not wishing at all to appear too eager. Losing his night's entertainment too quickly would spoil his fun just as anything. He was patient and calm in his search and it did not take him long to find her leaning against a wall and alone. It was almost too perfect, but it would not do for him to take a meal in such a boring, easy way.

"Lady Dvorak," he greeted gently, a small smirk there as he approached her, taking note of the hand upon her chest. "Are you not feeling well?" he guessed, wondering if she had weak nerves and was upset from the 'argument' as he'd seen it.

GoblinFae

She gasped as if startled as she tried to compose herself, patting at her cheeks and eyes so as to not ruin her makeup. "I am fine thank you. It is very kind of you to check up on me," Amleah replied softly. "I hope that my dear Ro'or has not offended you in my absence. He can be quite the," she paused with a hissing inhalation before shaking her head. "He can be something rather unpleasant when he wants to be. I apologize for his behavior and thereby mine as well. I have been," shly Amleah looked away as her voice began to sound choked up and she raised a hand to rub nervously at her neck, "very impolite. Perhaps my adviser was right and I have had too much wine this evening. I am afraid I am not myself."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

His dark eyes flickered to her hands as they were brought to her face. The lack of a ring left him with the comfortable assumption that she was unmarried at least, though he did not doubt a woman so beautiful might have suitors or even a betrothed. Her age seemed fairly undeterminable to him, but he was certain that information would be coaxed out in time. "Ah, now that I would believe," he chuckled, distractedly brushing his coat even as his words were carefully chosen. He did not yet realize the extent of their relationship and he did not wish to draw insult to the man if he truly was as close to her as he seemed.

"I assure you, though, I am not offended in the least, Lady Dvorak," he told her sincerely with a gentle bow of his head, out of respect for her thoughtfulness instead of her unknown station. "Does that mean you will be retiring for the night?" he asked, trying not to let his excitement show over the prospect of having an excuse to never enter the dining room again.

GoblinFae

"I am afraid such a luxury is not available to me at this time. As guest of honor, I would not dare insult my hosts so disrespectfully by disappearing when they have put this all together on my behalf. Besides as I do recall a certain rather near gentleman begged my favor on behalf of our host to sing for a private party, did he not? I would hate to disappoint," she teased with a gentle smirk and a bat of her long eyelashes.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He nodded in acknowledgement, listening carefully to her choice of words. "That he did. I only hope it is not too taxing. Please forgive my intrusion," Akakios apologized, bowing slightly for taking up her time before he turned to leave her to her own devices. "I'll give you your privacy."

GoblinFae

"You are not intruding," she hurriedly called after him, even going so far as to rest hand upon the crook of his elbow. "Please," Amleah begged demurely, "don't go! If anything I find your presence refreshing."

She pulled away as shyly as she had reached for him and shook her head. "Forgive me, that was silly of me. I don't mean to keep you. It's just you've been so kind. I can't tell you how exhausting it is to be on near constant display for the masses. Ball after ball, it quickly is becoming a blur and while Ro'or promised a special night tonight, I must admit I find it quite lacking." Amleah smiled with not mirth and bowed her head sadly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Yes, that was all the assurance he needed. She chased. Even if only to stay his retreat, but she did stop him. He turned quietly to listen to her complaints, surprised and baffled that such a woman would tolerate lacking in any part of her life. There must have been something keeping her, but all he desired for the moment was to feed upon her unhappiness, to fuel what thoughts of temptation he'd hoped he'd been planting all evening.

"Surely I have not been a part of that. I'm sorry, though," he frowned, grimacing in distaste at the thought of the vile man in the dining room. "Your Ro'or seems a miserable fellow if I must be honest. Have you given thought to cutting him loose?" he asked openly, certainly thinking she could do better even if she had some emotional hang-up with him and having no issue voicing that opinion aloud. To him she was merely a favored musician and the assumed ward of a man who punished her for his own unhappiness. "Perhaps find one who will not leave your evening lacking?"

GoblinFae

Amleah smiled at him with pleasure. "On the contrary you have made the evening worth while. I fear without your presence I would have retired for the evening with a migraine. Your presence makes for a far more enjoyable evening and I thank you for that." She smiled of to the side, her lashes fluttering slightly before her face seemed to fall with her thoughts.

"As for Ro'or," she sighed, shaking her head, "I could no more cut him loose than I could cut off my own hand. That is a very bold thing for you to suggest," the High Lady continued, raising her head to meet his gaze. "Whom would you suggest then to replace him? Yourself perhaps?" She offered him a knowing smirk. "As entertaining as that might be for a time I'm afraid it wouldn't last. You do not belong to this province as I to it. I could no more leave it than I could leave Ro'or. Such is the way of things I suppose," the young woman claimed quietly with a hint of sadness.

Reaching out invitingly for his hand she continued in a mischievous and hopeful tone, "perhaps though we could have this night? I find that I would very much like to see the night through with you. That is of course if I have not already insulted and driven you away milord."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]