Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Trading [open]

Started by Qeth, December 29, 2012, 08:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

Findra wondered what else they could do for fun. She wasn't seeing any possibilities just then though. She sighed knowing that sometimes this was a waiting game. She wondered more about her new companion wondered what he thought of this so far, but she just couldn't bring herself to ask.

Once down on the ground again she had managed to get around a few feet without any problems. She turned hoping that Rit had the same ease. Sometimes though one was almost squished the price paid for being this small. She was used to it though. He was not.

"Don't worry it takes practice being this small. Sometimes I have to wait between fun times, and sometimes they just come like with the cat. I'm sure our next fun thing will be along soon. What do you normally do for fun?" She said passing the time. She had chosen to hide out in a hole that nobody was using at the time.

Aeytrious

Keeping his view of the world just a moment ahead of his physical presence made avoiding feet easy enough, though he did stumble when he toed a pebble. A change in mass took some adjusting. Once in the hole with Findra, Ritousaey was safe from accidentally hurting someone that might unknowingly step on him. He observed the oblivious humanoids as they wandered by at varying speeds before answering his companions inquiry.

"The last time this me had fun was ages from now," he answered wistfully. "A sword fighting competition on Rylos, in a pre-space-flight era. I threw a match and took fifth place. Don't want to take the spotlight away from deserving mortals." A vendor pushed by with a food cart and Rit couldn't help thinking a snack sounded great.

"Are you hungry? Would you like a snack while we wait? Something from another world perhaps, or a local favorite? Just don't say fish fingers and custard. That's just not normal anywhere."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

wolfie

Fin was impressed that he was squished when she crossed like that. It wasn't always easy to get around at this height especially if one had been bigger not too long ago. She wondered how long he would stick around and how long he would stay her size. It wasn't often she got to converse with those her size that could speak back. Most considered her too much of a pest to stick by.

"This you?" She asked not sure what he meant by that. He liked his riddles that much she knew. She didn't understand all of what he said. She knew what sword fighting was, or at least had heard of it. She hadn't heard her stomach, but food did sound good right about now.

"Well we could play a trick on that vendor. As for what to eat, I'd be up for trying something new not of this world," she said the gleam back in her eye.

Aeytrious

Findra was interested in a snack. But what to get her? Something messy would be fun. Perhaps an entire spread would be a good idea. With a thought Ritousaey created a bubble of time around them so that they would not miss the opportunity with the vendor and his cart. A brownie sized table and a pair of chairs were easy to conjure up. He then laid out some foods that he thought she might like. Spicy cheddarwurst on sweet buns topped with brown sugar baked beans and grated extra sharp cheddar cheese; Deep fried sweet potato and yellow pea samosas with a peanut dipping sauce; Capellini pasta with a seafood cream sauce, scallops, shrimp, and white cap mushrooms; Yellow curry with tofu, baby corn, carrots, onions, bamboo shoots, and potatoes, served with steamed white rice; Molé con pollo, served with traditional frijoles, arroz, and warm corn tortillas. And a meal would not be complete without dessert so he whipped up a few of his favorites. Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Cinnamon Caramel; Rolled tuile cookies filled with sweet cream and fresh blueberries; Butterscotch pots de crème; Bananas Foster; Pineapple custard with coconut whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Creating Brownie sized cuisine was something he had never done before. He had no need to before now, and the moment brought a smile to Rits face.

"Well we can pause time for a meal. I hope that you like the variety. Eat as much or as little as you like. And when we're done I can put us back in synch with time so we can make mischief on the vendor." With that, Rit sat and began to eat.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

Fin couldn't believe her eyes or ears on this one. Rit had thought of everything. She sat down to a nice meal of things she hadn't seen before. Wow he goes all out. She thought impressed by all of it.

She put one cheddarwurst, a sweet potato, and a capellini on her plate to start with. She hadn't seen this much food even at a party for those her size. Not that those happened often. She saw the smile wondering what he was thinking.

"Pausing is nice, and this food is wonderful. Thank you, Rit," she said grateful for it and pleased he would do such a thing. Nobody really did anything for her and nothing like this. While she was eating she was trying to devise a plan for the vendor and what trick they could play. Life was good.

Aeytrious

After finishing a serving from each plate and enough dessert to put a normal person into a sugar coma, Rit conjured each of them a mug of raktajino with heavy cream and agave syrup. As he sat and pondered the possibilities of mischief, he discovered that his thoughts were overly complicated, and more along the lines of sinister than playful. Perhaps it was best to leave the ground work to Findra, and he could simply elaborate on and expedite the processes.

"So what sort of ideas do you have for that food vendor?" Rit frowned and continued, "I was unable to think of anything that wouldn't be overly devastating to the poor man. I find it difficult to think small despite my change in size."

Rit realized after saying it, that his statement might sound insulting. He was not intending to call Fin simple minded. She just had a reasonable grasp on harmless mischief, where as Rit was used to fighting gods and destroying planets.

"Freezing his food solid or burning it all to a crisp might be a bit more extreme than what you have in mind."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

She had enough food to last her years. It was all wonderful. Accepting the mug he had for her she drank it wondering what it was. She didn't ask any questions though knowing that sometimes it was best to just accept things. She listened as he spoke too.

"Don't worry I didn't take that as an insult. It is difficult for someone so big to think small. It's not just being this size, but living this size. You are only starting to see what my world is like. There is still so much to be learned about being me," she said smiling as she continued to drink this new elixir.

"I was thinking we could plant a fake rat among the food. We could also use rope and vines and move his things around so he could think he's haunted," she said sharing the ideas that were coming. They were small and tame compared to what he said, but that's how she worked.

"Sometimes stealing an item that they need is an option too. I once took a human's whole pack from him and hid it. He wasn't very happy with me."

Aeytrious

A quick assessment of the vendor and his cart showed that all of those things were viable options, but since some of his food looked like rats, that gag probably would have little effect. He could do the whole haunting bit by himself, without any tools or props, but he doubted Findra would get much fun out of that. Half the fun was pulling the prank. If she had no part in it, that wouldn't be nearly as fun. That left the theft. It was a wheeled cart, and it had a break peg to lock it in place while the vendor served his customers. It would be amusing to steal that after he put it in. It would make the cart unstable as the man worked, causing minor mayhem.
        "I have some thoughts on those," Rit said, turning to face Findra. He explained everything he had thought of to her, and would let her decide if haunting or stealing would be best. As he started to let her in on his thoughts, he vanished the leftovers, and the furnishings. He replaced Fin's chair, even as she sat in it, with a large fluffy cushion. Her reactions to his powers had been fairly calm so far, so transferring into a nice comfortable spot didn't seem like a bad choice. With spill proof mugs for their coffee, not much could go wrong.
        "Thoughts, suggestions, criticism?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

Fin was a little shocked when her chair changed. She didn't say anything though. It was much better even more comfortable, and the best part was her drink didn't spill. She wondered how he thought of everything like this. She was glad they had met yet again.

"That is brilliant. While it would be fun to haunt him and scare off all his customers it might be even better if he turns around and his cart is completely gone. I say we go for the steal on this one," she said not being able to help but smile.

"It would have to be timed just right though for this to work."

Aeytrious

Rit was more than happy with the decision to steal the brake peg and make the cart roll away while the vendor wasn't looking. Frozen in time as everything was, they were able to observe the area and see that the man was being waved down by a potential customer. That would give them the opportunity they required to steal the peg. The more customers the better. It would give them time to get the prank done. From the safety of the time bubble, Rit drained the energy from several people nearby, just enough that they would now realize they were hungry, and he enhanced the odor of the food cart, making it smell a bit more appetizing. That should get the cart vendor quite a few customers, prolonging the distraction, and lightening the load in the cart.

"Well I've laid some ground work," Rit explained what he had done to Findra. "You're the expert," he said with a smile, "What's the plan from here?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

Fin heard his words not sure exactly what Rit had done to assist in this. She had a feeling she wouldn't know either. She saw a dog walking past and the idea hit her. She looked and saw the vendor was way too busy to notice anything out of the ordinary. Without thought she lassoed the dog's tail and let the animal go by.

Fin was out of the bubble quickly. She ran for the vendor getting there carefully. She was more skilled in size. Having what she wanted she let the vine go its long way. It still had a ways to go before it would yank anything. She tied the remaining vine around the peg. Carefully she made her way back to the hole and Rit.

"Now we just watch. The dog should do the rest for us."

Aeytrious

As Fin stepped from the bubble she was frozen in time with everything else. Rit dismissed all that remained of his conjured amenities, and then the time bubble as well. He couldn't help be awed by Findra's reckless bravery. She seemed without fear as she ran out where feet could crush her. If the dog noticed her, it might have thought her a fun chew toy, but he doubted that crossed her mind. She was back quickly and they stood together watching the dog move away, the vine growing taut. But the dog paused to sniff around a few times, as dogs are known to do, and more customers bought food from the vendor, lightening his load.

As the dog reached the limit of the vine, it hesitated at the tug and began to turn to inspect its tail. The peg was in too tight for that little tug to do the trick. Quick reaction kept the prank going. Rit opened a small portal leading from himself to right behind the dog. With a snap from his fingers, he sent an electrical charge through to zap the dog on the rump. With a yelp it dashed off, tugging the brake peg loose. Without the brake in place, the well maintained cart was free to roll at the slightest nudge.

"Here comes the fun."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

What came next was wonderful. Not even she could have planned better alone. She watched as Rit zapped the dog sending him running. He was back quick enough and the cart started rolling down the hill. She laughed wondering where it was headed.

"Do they have any bodies of water down that hill? Only thing to make this better would be a wet hot dog cart," she said laughing as the man started to chase his cart. It was awesome.

"That was wonderful. I wonder what is next."

Aeytrious

What Ritousaey saw was indeed awesome, but it was not the prank his eyes were on. Findra was an amazing discovery. Her smile, her laughter, they were intoxicating. He didn't realize until now how much he missed companionship, and all the pleasures it brought. He couldn't help remembering his first mortality. The sound of his once brother Telpris, playing his magical instruments, or the ridiculous antics of his first friend Eshdin. He could visit them if he wished, but that would complicate the lives of long dead friends who wouldn't recognize this him. A momentary pang of sadness drew a tear from his eye as it mingled with the joy of having a new friend, and the smile that brought to his face.

Rit looked at Fin very seriously to make sure she understood the levity of what he said next, "you have brightened my existence in a very short time, reminded me that mortality may be painful, but that its the pain that makes these moments all the brighter. I vow that as long as your bloodline continues, this world will live." Rit reached up and plucked the tear from his face, and as he did it transformed into a beautiful gem. He pulled a fine platinum chain from the air and attached the tear to it. "Wear this piece of my essence always, and I will always be with you, keeping you safe," he handed the necklace to Findra. "It cannot be destroyed by any means, nor can it be lost, and it cannot be taken from you against your will. Pass it to your child when the time comes." His face then brightened into a smile again after that, "so what is next? Nothing calls me away, so I am still at your service."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

She heard what he said and looked away from the catastrophe they had just caused. She took the gem and put it around her neck wondering what was going on exactly. She had apparently saved the world with little effort. She wasn't sure what it was, but he seemed to like it.

"It might be awhile before I have a family. I'm more the wandering type. I promise I'll pass it along though. Does this mean though that if you were called away you would leave and not come back?" She said that prospect saddening her. It wasn't the fact that he helped make her pranks easier. She hadn't had anyone like this to talk to in a very long time.

Aeytrious

"I often lose track of time and hundreds of years will pass without my noticing. But as I can travel any direction through time, that matters little. I can be in as many places as many times at once as I wish." Another Rit appeared next to the first and continued to talk, "I can always come back to right now whenever I like," the new Rit said with a broad smile, and the old Rit simply vanished. "That was the moment I went back and became me. I could leave and return and you wouldn't even notice I was gone," he continued, "but it's best that I not interfere with certain critical moments in a persons timeline if I wish for a desired outcome. Like helping a butterfly escape its cocoon will lead to its death. So at some point I will need to depart and let your journey unfold without my constant presence."

"For now I'm at your service. What sort of harmless mayhem would you like to create?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

It shocked her when he suddenly made two of himself. She didn't like the idea of him leaving and not coming back at all. It got her thinking.

"But what if meeting you was a critical part of my journey? Can you see the future too? How do you know my journey doesn't involve you too?" She said liking having someone else around her size. It didn't hurt he could help her cause mayhem and that he was interested in doing so.

Fin was looking around the place not sure what else they could do. She smiled when she saw someone staring at their reflection in a window. She knew who he was and wondered if this was a good idea.

"Well I see two who could use messing with. The town bully could be slowly shrinking or at least thing he is. The other is the guy staring at himself in the window. Could be he sees himself differently like he's ugly or something," she said wondering if Rit could do this. She didn't know the extent of his powers. She kept looking around though just in case she needed to do something by herself.

Aeytrious

"Simple tricks. One just an illusion. The other will take the enlarging of his clothes."

Rit pointed to the reflection and the face the man saw, very slowly, began to change into the visage of an ogre. Needless to say, the man began to get hysterical. After a few moments he was running off screaming about his face. The bully was not a hard task either. His clothing began to grow. But not much. It was a time released effect. Over the next few hours his clothing would very very slowly, get a few sizes larger. But already you could see his confusion at why his pants suddenly felt as if they weren't going to stay up.

"We won't be able to see the payoff on the bully, but I'm sure it will be worth it." Rit turned to Fin, "and to answer your question, yes, I can see the future," he said, "but it's a bit more complex than that. I can see all the possible futures, but I can't see my own. So if I remain near you for long I won't be able to see yours either. It's best I don't linger in any place for more than a few days."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

wolfie

"I'm surprised you haven't learned yet," she said knowing it was simple tricks that made life fun. It made it easy to laugh. She chuckled as she saw the man run off yelling about his face. It was good. He was right about the bully, but it would put something else in motion too. People would talk they always did.

"Have you looked at my future without you? Does it look good, or do I look as lonely as I think I'll be?" She asked keeping it simple. That was how the world was for her - simple. She didn't need complex or even too many promises. Normally she would look for fun.

"I don't know why seeing my future is so important. I can guess how it will go. I'll be playing pranks until my last days. I might have a family if I ever find someone special. Otherwise I'll have to appoint someone to pass along your gift. I'll be around having fun wishing all the day long just as before."

Aeytrious

"Your question is fairly simple, but I fear the answer is more complex than you can imagine." Rit conjured a dry erase board and an assortment of colored markers and began to draw.

"Imagine that your life, your reality, is a river." He drew a swervy blue line across the board. He made several dots along the "river."

"Each dot is a choice you make, whether it be take the left road or the right road, or eat an apple or eat a pear." Then he made branches off the river at each dot.

"Every time you make a choice a new reality spilts off, and each time a different you makes a choice in each of those realities, more are made." He drew more branches off the smaller one. He took a moment then, hands moving faster than the eye could see, to use all the colors to draw a very intricate web of overlaying lines. It was like spider web meets ball of string. It filled the huge board entirely.

"With all the people, all the possible choices, all the random events that could occur, this is what one second looks like just along this street." Rit sat, hovering cross-legged three inches off the floor.

"If I follow your threads forward in time, I can see you happy and sad, I see you live long lives and short. You sometimes have many children and sometimes none. Your path is at times lonely and others so full of friendship you can't find time to be alone. You fight in wars, you become a leader of little people. You also are reclusive, and solitary by choice, avoiding the lives of others."

Rit looked to see how his words were affecting Findra. "One thing I never see are any of your funerals, which means a future me is at all of them. I guess you have a pretty big impact on me." He smiled at her then.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey