Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What the hammer, what the chain

Started by Stelmarisa, January 05, 2013, 02:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stelmarisa

"It is actually, surprisingly nice food. I mean, it's a little basic but it's good enough." Lotte smiled and took an apple for herself. She polished it on her skirt absent-mindedly as she continued talking. "We do have wine a lot, but I've never tasted quail. Sometimes, when a very important client is in town, a fancy dinner is put on for them, but I've never been to one myself, of course. Why do you live on stale bread so much?" She frowned, sympathetic. "Are you often on the run from the authorities?"

Taking her apple into one hand, she sat on the edge of the bed and patted the mattress beside her. "Do sit down, really. It's not an imposition at all."

She took a sip from the wine jug, balancing it carefully, and held it up to Gherrick, shrugging in apology as him having to share. "You don't mind, do you?"

OOC: shorty, sorry!

visualspice

Gherrick nodded at her statement about quail.
"The meat is rather good, especially well seasoned."

But then found himself beginning to blush as he insisted he sit.
"I suppose it would do us no harm!" he agreed, and took a seat, idly fiddling at some of the lace on the bedding as he looked at her, grinning boyishly at the offer to share wine.

"Naw, I wouldn't think it impolite to share." he took the offered wine and held the jug tentatively to his lips.  "Though, it is an amusing thing to think-" he took a swig. "That now we're sharing an indirect kiss!" His smile broadened as he handed it back to her, wiping off the excess wine from his lips on the back o fhis hand.
"Now, my lady, you can have my kiss in return," he jested, a playful flirt in his smile as he partially lowered his head respectfully, and playfully to her in humbled grace.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Stelmarisa

"Well, thank you. I accept it gladly."

And she did, with a coy smile, take the jug from him and drink, placing her lips where his had just been. It was companionable there in the darkened room, the smell of good food around them, and the late afternoon warmth lingering in the air. Below them, the distant noises of doors banging open and closed and voices calling out started to reappear, as the building began to wake up for the evening's trade. Lotte closed her eyes as she listened, half in that world below, half remaining in the attic with Gherrick.

"So, Gherrick, where are you staying whilst you're in town?" she asked quietly, eyes still closed comfortably.

OOC: Just a shorty I know, but I thought perhaps in the next couple of posts introduce the customer. What say you?

visualspice

OOC: THat can work!

IC:
Gherrick shrugged. "Well, I normally don't staying in one place for long," he replied sheepishly, blue eyes studying her. "The life of a thief can only be so grand as one makes it." He took the wine again, sipping it softly as he noticed the change in her demeanor.
"I must admit, I didn't think a place like this would be.." he coughed, clearing his throat. "Well, in any part of my rendez-vous." He smiled.  "But, despite my awkwardness, I'm glad for it." His smile brightened as he tried to meet her eyes. "After all, I wouldn't have met such a lovely lady to help me hide away from all of her horrible sisters!" he joked.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Stelmarisa

Lotte opened her eyes as Gherrick laughed, looking round to meet his eyes. "They're not all so bad! Some of them are lovely, trust me. But of course I'm always willing to... hide you away."

She smiled and turned towards him, laying her hand on his forearm. She seemed about to say something more when a step creaked underneath a heavy footfall below them. The madame. Lotte held her breath, holding up a hand to warn Gherrick against speaking. "She never comes all the way up..." she breathed. "But..."

Then an authoritative voice called up the stairs; "Lotte! Your presence is requested downstairs, right away! Make sure you are made up for dancing," and the heavy step retreated.

Lotte had risen to her feet, her face white. "I'm not dressed!" she gasped out. "I can't dance like this - and there's no time!" She turned to Gherrick, face full of remorse. "I'm sorry, but I'll have to sneak you downstairs... I have to go. I can't say no."

visualspice

Gherrick felt as tense as she as the madame approached. Then at the words, he paled, realizing what might be happening.
He fetched her arm.
"Do you have to go to them?" he inquired, eyes meeting desperately to hers.
He couldn't just let her off to some destination she did not wish- why, it would be against every drop of blood in his body.  No, he couldn't.. but the look in her eyes.
"What do you mean you can no refuse?"

Stelmarisa

"Yes, I have to." The colour rose in her cheeks as Gherrick took her arm and spoke his next words. "If I refuse... well, I can't!" Not taking her arm out of his grasp, she began walking backwards towards the tiny wardrobe, mind racing as she mentally scanned over her clothes. There was nothing readily available that was appropriate - she would have to improvise, and just hope it was enough.

"Dancing... it brings in money. Madame Derica would be furious. I don't even know what she would say... or do. No no, I have to." She did pull away then, turning from him to rifle through the dresses. It was a short skirt she pulled out, in a shimmering lilac, and a small bodice to match. Draped over with spangled scarves and shawls, it would do. She threw them haphazardly over the stool, followed by a small makeup kit.

"I - I have to change." She turned back to Gherrick, quietly entreating him. "Please. You can go down the side stair and no one will see you, you will be safe. Everyone is busy now, anyway."

visualspice

The look in her face was desperate, pleading almost. Could he really just let her go? Though he supposed... dancing never hurt anyone.
"Dancing?" he tried to play off the awkward moment with a mused smile. "So, are you saying people pay you for dancing?" he eyed her up, seeming amused by this. "If i would have known that, perhaps I should have bought you all to myself. I haven't had a nice dance in sometime!"
Though he knew his playful words might be lost in this desperate situation, but he simply nodded, taking her hand and kissing it light.

"But as you wish, I shall be off." he moved towards the window, noting the guards down below had already left. He glanced back at her, but once.  "Perhaps we can dance another time?"

Then he was gone.

Stelmarisa

"Maybe next time," Lotte swallowed heavily, somehow finding it within her to smile at Gherrick's words. "People do indeed pay me - well, Madame Derica - for the privilege of seeing a dance. But maybe I can show you free of charge." She had time for just one more sweet smile before he vanished from her window, disappearing into the encroaching dark. She held one hand to her chest, concerned at his sudden going. Relax, he's a thief, she told herself firmly. He probably makes dramatic exits all the time.

She was mindful of the time, but nonetheless quickly crossed to the window where he had so suddenly dropped from, and leaned out. She could see nothing but the darkness of the garden below, and had to rely on faith. "Gherrick..." she spoke as loud as she dared, hoping it was loud enough.

"I practise every morning in the city gardens. The secluded lawn behind the ponds. Meet me..."

The rest of her message was cut off by the recurrence of the heavy step on the stair below and she flew back inside. Back inside, to start changing and begin her evening.

visualspice

Gherrick had heard her words, smiling as he pressed himself against the sides of the building, well hidden in shadow.
"That's a date if I ever heard one.." he smiled fondly at the idea, twirled his gold chalice and strolled off into the night.  He would make do, as he always did, with procuring sleeping arrangements and food, here or there.
That particular night, he hadn't slept well, curiosity burning over the chance to dance, and when the sun rose, he went with it, disappearing into the gardens in the city.  The lawn was well maintenanced, beautiful arrays of flowers scattered about and hedges well tamed.  There was the pond she described, and he paused a moment to stare at his reflection- the blue waters in lovely contrast to the rich, red color of his hair, and also bringing out the charming beauty of his baby blue colored eyes.

He smiled, thinking back to the other day, and was curious how Lotte's night of dancing had gone.

Stelmarisa

It was set to be another warm day, the early morning sun tinting the flowers bright shades in the city gardens. Their scent was mingling with the freshness of the dawn dew that still lingered on the long grass, dampening the hems of those caught unawares. Not that there were many people visiting the gardens at this early hour, only the vagrants that slept here, the insomniacs that walked the night away, and those few up early enough to appreciate the dawn. Lotte was one of this last group.

Tucked away behind the trees that encircled the main lawn, she had found her favourite grove - one with longer grass and wildflowers, an area left less cultivated than the norm. It was in this clearing that she currently exercised, face pink as she twirled about. Her shawl forgotten on a nearby branch, cast off as she had got warm. She was dressed much more simply today, swapping the dress for a comfortable pair of leggings and a green tunic. Her blonde hair was down and shining, freshly washed. Adding to her ensemble today, however, were chains. Slim, silver chains that ran from the wrist to the ankle. They were loose enough to allow movement but definitively there, gently clinking as she moved. It was lucky that she was well practiced at moving in them, so as not to stumble or trip over the trailing chain as she danced.

That was the sight she presented. All alone in the grove, humming quietly to herself to keep time as she twirled and span. She had spent the night thinking of Gherrick - wondering where he was and if he would come - but the pace of her dance and the concentration it required had pushed him from her mind, at least for now.

visualspice

Ironically, as Gherrick traveled through the area, it was the gentle sound of humming, and the soft, clinking chime of her chains that lead him forth.  As he rounded a bend he spotted her and halted in his tracks, merely observing her as he leaned against a heavy tree. He remained quiet, blue eyes studying her for a time, completely enchanted by the movement of her dance and the soft humming of the song...
but slowly, the smile on his lips began to fade as his eyes drifted over the soft, silvery glow of the metal chains upon her. But still he said nothing, watching her dance as he quietly observed beside the tree- waiting, perhaps, for the next song to begin, as the soft shadows fluttered about him, stirred in grey layers by the canopy of trees.

Stelmarisa

Lotte frowned in concentration as she delved deeper into her dance, eyes closed as she focused. The steps were not yet ingrained into her memory, and dancing took a great deal of effort for her. Still she kept time, small feet seeming to float along the long grass as she  went, holding the chains up from around her ankles. It was a simple dance, but one designed to draw the eye and keep the attention. It would be better with music, but beggars couldn't be choosers, after all.

She continued dancing for several more minutes, her hair flying out around her face as she span faster and faster. She managed to stay upright throughout this however: it was the concluding steps of the dance that tripped her up. Literally.

As she moved to end the movement, crossing her ankles over, she caught her foot on a tussock of grass and tripped.

"Oh!"

She landed on the grass with a soft thud, a look of surprise on her face.

visualspice

Gherrick was enjoying, almost entranced by her graceful steps- dreaming about moving from the shadows to join her when..

"Lotte!" It took only a few quick strides to cross the grass, and soon was on one knee, a hand delicately placed on her shoulder, the other pressed to the grass as he looked down at her.
"Lotte, are you alright?" he looked down at her tangled form, wondering if the odd chains had tripped her up..
She had been moving so beautifully.
He offered her his hand.

"Here, please, let me help you."

Stelmarisa

"Oh, morning." She looked up at him in some surprise, taken off guard by his sudden appearance. After a second of reflection it dawned on her that he must have been nearby - perhaps watching - and she found that the thought of it quite pleased her. The pink of her cheeks brought on by exercise was quickly joined by a shy blush, flattering on her pale skin.

"I'm fine, thank you," but Lotte took the proffered hand, standing up gingerly. "I just tripped on a clump of grass, I suppose." She tested her ankle gingerly, rolling it around and testing the pressure. She flinched as a quick stab of pain flashed through it, but it wore off after a moment.

"It's just a twist. Really, it'll be fine if I just sit down for a while. Where did you come from?" She turned her attention to Gherrick then, smiling up at him as she rested more of her weight on his arm.

visualspice

OOC: I won't like..
Lotte is TOO cute <3 <3 <3

IC:

Gherrick felt uneasy, but only briefly as he smiled at her.  Were the chains normal for her? Were they just another type of imprisonment she had to endure as a consort? Gherrick studied her face, blushing himself at her sweetness and offered to help her sit back down.

"Here, keep your weight off it for a moment." he said, then once the two were seated, he turned towards her with a soft grin.  "And I came from behind that tree." he said, pointing to where he had once been leaning against when he was admiring her dance. "I would have come sooner, but I was enjoying the show."

Stelmarisa

OOC: I do love her!

"Thank you," Lotte said again as they settled themselves. She wriggled around on the soft grass to find herself a comfortable spot and bent her knees upwards. She wrapped one hand around her ankle to rub it gently, but left her other in contact with Gherrick's arm, unwilling to lose contact.

"Oh, you were watching!" In anyone else's voice this may have been a reprimand; in Lotte's it was a compliment. She turned towards him, meeting his blue eyes with her sparkling grey. "Did you enjoy it? I only do it for fun of course, I've never taken lessons," she added modestly.

"I wasn't sure that you'd come," she continued with a shy smile.

visualspice

"Well, from what I heard when I was still hanging from your window, that you invited me to this spot for a date," he offered her a gentle smile. "Though it seems we might have to try our luck at dancing together at another time." He looked down at her ankle, trying to ignore the silver chains.
"Does it hurt still?" he could heal it.. however, sometimes it was best not to flash that power around, especially, because part of him, deep down, feared he might actually scare her with it.
Then he also added, "And you're a marvelous dancer. Perhaps dancing across wild grasses might not be so suitable for some of those moves, though." he gave a gentle laugh at the idea.

Stelmarisa

"A date?" Lotte raised one eyebrow. "I don't remember saying that, exactly! For all you know, I could have been telling you to stay away from here." She smiled gently, and covered his hand with her small one. "I was hoping you'd come, though. This is the time of day that's all my own. I wanted to share it with you."

She shrugged as he mentioned her ankle. "Only a little." In truth it did hurt - not enough to be broken, but she feared a twist or a sprain. Either would be problematic - she couldn't dance on a sprained ankle, and getting up and down the long attic stairs would be awful. "I think it'll go down... But yes, you might have to wait for a dance," she laughed. "Though there are dances we could do without the need for standing or walking..."

visualspice

He smiled at her admittance.  It was, rather nice for her to say she hoped for him. His smile let her know that as he admired her in silence.

But when she mentioned her ankle, he looked down towards it, feeling sorry for her, but also feeling a bit hesitant towards his offer, but he offered it anyway.

"Here, I could heal it," he told her, gently taking her leg and admiring the ankle, looking up at her for a moment, almost pleading with her as he asked, "Please, don't be alarmed." Then he bowed his head and began to pray, words but a whisper, soft and grey. Then his hands began to glow, soft jewels, never before seen, beneath his flesh seemed to appear, then color came from his hands, and glowed in soft symbols across his flesh.
Then warm hand and warm light pressed to her skin...

"And grant the heal, the light.." his words were spoken softly, magically, as if on dual breaths, and there, charged from his hand came a swell of magic, mist and might-
and settled deep within her leg, healing gently, softly.