Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

But I Am Rather The Fallen Angel... [Open]

Started by Lorcain, February 21, 2013, 12:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorcain

Aksha, the demon runt, was currently hiding from a group of angry villagers in a barn.

"Where did it go!?" she heard one of them cry. She relaxed and slumped down, startling a pig and giving away her position. "There it is!" Oh crap.

She bolted out of the barn like a (ha ha) bat out of hell, pushing past and jumping over the few villagers brave enough to try and grab her.

"Go home, you stupid peasants!"she yelled behind her. Someone responded by chucking a pitchfork at her like a javelin, which she narrowly avoided.

No no no no no! Why did bad things keep happening! First a big demon calls a blood hunt on her, then she gets banished by her human master and now this! She didn't want to die like this, it was embarrassing, and she was only 75.

She hopped over a scared cow, and then over a fence, and then she was in a forest. A forest! She had never seen a tree before and now there were hundreds of the buggers flying at her.

She ran faster than she had before, the forest had other ideas and put a branch in her path. She tripped and fell to the ground with a thud.

"No!" she cried.  The humans were nearly at her. Already she heard whoops of delight and a "Die, demon!"

"Help!"

Zero

The forests of Connlaoth, bordering the lush Sirantil Valley. There was plenty of wild game, shelter, and territory to be had, enough to content any wolf. Of course, there was only one problem: Gavin was not just a wolf and he was not contented. Maybe that was two problems.

The crunch of bones filled the hollow he rested in, as the remains of a very unfortunate squirrel were ground up and disappeared. Black ears flickered as a commotion approached the forest. What was that? Didn't they know better than to annoy him? Despite his discontent he had claimed this area as his for the time being.

Paws treaded swiftly and silently on the forest floor as he stalked towards shouting voices. As a feminine voice cried out for help he put on a burst of speed. He leaped over Aksha where she was sprawled on the ground, landing by her feet and facing the mob that had been chasing her.

Fangs dripping with blood were exposed as he snarled angrily. Filthy villagers, disturbing him and hunting on his land. His fur bristled, making him appear even larger than he already was, which was quite large to begin with. That squirrel hadn't been much of a snack, he wondered if the villagers tasted good.

OOC: Sorry for how bad this turned out.

Lorcain

[[It's not that bad :D ]]

Just when things couldn't get any worse, a huge black wolf flies over her head. Wait.. it was growling at the townspeople!

"Good doggie!" she cried, and jumped to her feet. "Kill!" she pointed at the villagers who were frankly wetting themselves. The wolf would probably turn on her when it got bored of chasing/eating peasants, but she could always frighten it away with some fire.

And if that didn't work it'd be a much better death.

The villagers began to run away, but some were tantalizingly slow.

Aksha laughed. It was supposed to be evil, but it always came out rather...unhinged. She wanted to chase them, but the wolf might target her if she was in front of it, so she laughed more. She was told that most mortals found it haunting.

Zero

Gavin bristled as he was referred to as a 'good doggie' and ordered to kill. The arrogance of the demon only fueled his rage. A bloodlust had settled upon him, the thrill of the chase had his limbs quivering in anticipation.

The villagers turned there backs on him to flee. Mistake. It took only a single bound and he was upon the first man. His jaws clamped around the back of the terrified peasant's neck, there was only time for a strangled scream before a loud cracking and crunching of bone heard. Even as the body fell to the ground he leaped off and made for the next one.

A slightly pudgy man turned and threw up his arms to try to protect his face. Gavin struck him with his front paws, sending him sprawling to the ground. Ignoring the neck, so feebly protected, he instead began to eviscerate the man. Alive.

The bloodcurling screams of the dying man only served to make the other peasants run harder, crying out to their god for mercy. He ignored them, they were beyond the trees now.

When the screams turned to gurgling groans, Gavin stepped off the man and turned back to where he had left the demon. Blood dripped from his fur, his head, neck, and paws were drenched in it. Amber eyes assessed the damage he had caused as he sat down and, almost like a cat, lifted one front leg and began licking the blood from his paw. The burning rage was quenched. For now.

Lorcain

[[Ugh, Homestuck is taking over my free time. Thanks, Rhi-Rhi! XD]]

Aksha cocked her head at the wolf. Had it seen her, or was it really not hostile?

"Not one of my greatest moments, I assure you." she chuckled, stalking over to him slowly. "But thanks I guess, Rover." she smiled. Good thing wolves can't understand Common, her dog puns were probably getting offensive.

She looked at the body and the blood. "You lucky sod." she said, and crouched opposite the wolf, tail flicking from side to side - a sign of anxiety. She was ready to start running again.

Zero

OOC: S'all good. What's Homestuck? lol

IC:

Gavin watched Aksha as she stalked over, his fur bristled as he snarled silently at being called Rover. He stopped cleaning himself, stood, and shook vigorously, splattering blood everywhere, including all over Aksha.

The snarl had gone, he wasn't really planning on anymore slaughter, the impromtu bit just now had been enough. This disrespectfulness from the demon was going to stop, though.

His transformation was simple and quick. One might miss it if they blinked. The black wolf merely reared up on it's hind legs and the wolfy visage seemed to melt away, as if the man simple rose from his crouch from beneath the animal.

Clothes of unrelieved black, including a long coat of wool. Gavin's eyes glared at the demon now, they might as well have been molten gold. "Call me Rover again, you demon whore, and I'll drag you kicking and screaming to the next village and give you to them."

Lorcain

[[ It's a bit like like an interactive-fiction-game-comic multimedia thing that's over 5000 pages long.

This is the best comparison to a trailer :3
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003049

and here's the first page:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6

Rhi-Rhi's avatar is one of the characters, I recognized it and got hooked :3

And without further ado~!]]

Aksha didn't mind having blood splattered all over her. In fact she smiled. The smile got off and ran for its life when the wolf was not a wolf but a human with amber eyes.

A werewolf! One of the voices yelled: "STRONGER HUMAN!" and ran away, but she let it. That one was annoying anyway.

Whore?

"Well that was rude. Besides," she began with a curt smile, matching his golden eyes with her burning ones, "I was going to call you "Spot" afterwards." she winked and backpedaled away.

She didn't know why she had the compulsion to provoke dangerous things, but she did. In fact it was a bad habit that often gotten her into trouble. She thought about Baal, and how to hide from him again after being sent back to Hell by this wolfie.

Fuuu....

Zero

Gavin snorted, but his lips twitched up into a twisted smirk. "Oh no, no, no. This is not me being rude, trust me, you don't want to see me being rude. Besides, who's the rude one? Quite an ungrateful one, aren't we? Here I am, saving you from slimey peasants and you thank me with insults."

He began moving, not quickly, and not towards her. It was more of a slow, subtle move of circling. He clasped his hands behind his back, tilting his head so that he could gaze up at the branches above them. "That reminds me, what kind of demon can't handle a handful of farmers with pitchforks?"

Lorcain

She narrowed her eyes and circled too, ignoring the question of her competence, and changed the subject.

"Aha!" she exclaimed, pointing at him. "I did say "thanks"!" she lowered the finger. "And damn it. I suppose I owe you a favour. I hear a demon's favour is somewhat valuable up here...?"

While she waited for his response, she couldn't help but ponder. She was a bit of a...lesser demon, and while she did enjoy ripping up people, it must of been the crowd and the commotion. Yes, it had to be! Years of running from- no wait, "running". She wasn't used to hostile groups, she decided, and hoped he wouldn't press the matter further.

Zero

That twisted smirk didn't leave his lips. The taste of blood was still fresh on his tongue as he listened idly to her. A brief flash of teeth at the mention of being owed a favor, but he didn't stop trying to circle her.

"Is it? I don't have a habit of earning the favour of demons."

He stopped moving, tilting his head slightly and fixing his eyes on her once again. A low chuckle was given as he shook his head. "You say you owe me a favour, and yet, what kind of favour could a pathetic weakling of a demon like you give me?"

Now he was just heckling her for the fun of it.

Lorcain

She scowled at him and crossed her arms. This was not how it was supposed to be! The only things that had been afraid of her in this place had been some indoctrinated teenagers and a goddamn rabbit.

"Give me a task or something." she growled.  She hoped he wanted something cut to ribbons, because she was in the mood for it. Maybe he'd word it badly... Or maybe he'd just hold her to it while they galivanted around the countryside.

She huffed. Bloody mortals.

Zero

Gavin pretended to think about it. He really didn't have any intention of asking for something. What could he possibly need from her? Not to mention the fact that he couldn't even begin to trust her.

"A task." He shook his head. "No, no, I can't think of anything. Also you didn't really answer my question, but that's okay, I got another. What are you doing here? Picked a hell of a place to hang out."

Lorcain

Oh. Oh please no. He's gonna make her follow him around help him eat...

She sniffed.

Small woodland creatures, until he wants someone dead.

She shuddered before she answered.

"My ex-master banished me. Either he thought I was boring, which I highly doubt! Or he was bored, or something like that. After he said it I kind of leapt at him, and he was trying to tell me, but I wasn't listening and he teleported me here." she said, and then added as an afterthought: "Outside a village chapel."

The poor vicar. He was the first to leave and the first thing to cheer her up with his rambling. But it was he who incited the crowd.

"Why are you here? Apart from murdering peasants."

Zero

His hands were still firmly clasped behind her back, mostly for a loss as to what to do with his hands. A devilish grin crossed his lips as she shuddered, but he listened to her little story. Laughing silently at the last bit about the church. Now that was a story!

"Mmm, well to be fair, murdering peasants actually wasn't on my list of things I was planning to do today. Ah well, that's just the way it goes, I suppose."

He made a dismissive gesture. "Truthfully, there's no reason I'm here. I just wander about where the mood strikes me to go. Did you say your ex-master banished you here? How interesting."

Lorcain

She hissed, her tail whipping left and right.

"I told you. I was not listening." she said, emphasizing every word. "I was too busy trying to gut him to listen to his excuses." Yes, the memory of leaving a nice gaping wound that scarred him forever cheered her up. But not much. Why couldn't her saviour be an impressionable adventurer instead? Her hands clenched into fists. Why was she getting that angry? She was trying to keep calm. Oh wait. He's a mortal! He wasn't even technically her master!

"Look, there must be something you want, just tell me, and I can get it over with." she spat.

Zero

Oh but he was enjoying this far more than he should have! Playing with demons, aggravating them, it was generally a really bad idea. However, this one couldn't handle peasants, he was fairly certain he wasn't in immediate danger of disembowlment.

"Testy aren't we? If I didn't know better I'd say you didn't enjoy my company. That could hurt my feelings, you know. We wouldn't want to do that, now would we?"

Ignoring her again he turned his back on her and slowly started walking away. It wasn't particularly difficult to feign a complete disinterest in her. Frankly, saving her really hadn't been his intention. That had just been a sort of bonus to unleashing his frustration upon the farmers that had been after her.

Still, this was more entertainment than he'd had in days. All he could do was hunt and sleep most of the time. That's all there seemed to be to do around here. How dull. He'd been in his wolf form too long. He should head back into town. Ah, but which town?

Lorcain

HE JUST DID WHAT!?

Aksha was so ticked off she forgot her "Always quiet" rule, and charged at him.

"Never turn your back on an enemy, PUP!" she roared, her powers of influence giving it that extra kick. 

She flew(not literally, she didn't have wings yet) at him, landed on his back and tried to bite his neck, but she ended up biting his shoulder and digging her claws in him.

Zero

Now when he'd turned his back on her, Gavin really hadn't been sure what to be expecting. For her to huff and go her merry way, follow him to try to pester him, maybe, but this? No, this was a bit unexpected.

As her added weight came onto his back, he staggered forward slightly. His ears were still ringing slightly from the sound of her yelling at him about enemies or something.

The feel of teeth and claws digging into him produced an outraged roar as he threw himself backwards into a tree, hoping to crush her between him and the trunk. "Crazy, ungrateful bitch! What is the matter with you?!"

Lorcain

She grunted as she was pinned between him and the tree. Now she was basically stuck until he decided to let her go. She wasn't hurt that much, but she couldn't move.

"I am sick to death of mortals treating me like crap! First those damn cultists, then Master, those stupid peasants, and now you!" she raved. She struggled in frustration, trying to claw the tree and him to get out. She eventually gave up.

"Let me go." she said in defeat.

Zero

Now that he had her pinned, he put a little force into leaning back, keeping her firmly in place. After that little stunt he wasn't even about to let her go unpunished. As she ranted at him he couldn't help but sneer at her struggles. Let her scratch and bite him, let her hit him. He'd had worse.

"Have you ever thought that you've been treated like crap because you're unpleasant? Not that it would matter in my case, because this is just my cheery disposition."

He could hear the defeat in her voice when her struggling stopped. It was certainly something to think about. Then again, it would be fairly moronic to let her loose. "Let me get this straight. You want me to let you go, when you just attacked me - for no good reason, I might add - so you can attack me again? Yeah, I don't think so."