Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dark nights, darker intentions

Started by paganchick, April 20, 2013, 04:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

Valery laughed as she lay under him, she let him pin her arms back, not struggling, she was much too busy laughing to struggle. It took a moment but finally her laughter calmed and was replaced with a smirk, "You shouldn't have doubted me," She spoke slowly looking over Corvus's body, "You are so overdressed," She pointed out after her eyes had finally looked up to meet his.

Lion

"Oh?  I'm not afraid to be proven wrong.  And I'm sure you'll teach me how to properly give you your due credit very soon," Corvus replied.  He gave her a glance back to where her eyes were tracing and nodded.  "Ah, yes, I nearly forgot about that."  He let go of her hands and adjusted himself over her when he undid his belt and removed what remained of his clothing.  Lowering himself down on her, he wrapped his arms around her form, slipping them just underneath her shoulders, kissing her hungrily, sending fire through her flesh.  He moved into her slowly, relishing her feel, savoring every sensation and moment though it was obviously nothing serious.  It didn't have to be for them to enjoy the moment.

But there was a light noise outside that suddenly made him pause over her and his eyelids shot open.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

paganchick

Valery's senses were set on fire, every movement, every kiss, bite, nip, all sending sparks of pleasure throughout her body, all but numbing her in pleasure, well that was until she heard something, something. Her entire body tensed a soft growl escaping her chest, she did not like to be interrupted.
"It seems I am not your only visitor, seems like you are a popular man," She spoke her voice soft whisper as she looked up at him, pushing against his chest slightly. She had stocked the place to know what was normal, and her senses were rather acute. Her fangs were fully extended as she frowned, she wanted to go ahead and deal with whatever this was or make sure it was nothing so they could back to enjoying themselves.
She didn't even consider that she might be being a bit paranoid, she was an assassin after all, being paranoid kept her alive.

Lion

Corvus scowled at her and wanted to hear more for himself.  He gave her one last thrust before pushing up from her as he listened to the wind howling outside.  He dressed himself in what remained of his clothing and shoved Valery's clothing back to her before moving toward the parlor window as he heard the same sound again.  It sounded like something rustling through his garden below. 

As he stared out into the darkness, he caught movement and stood closer to the glass.  But all of a sudden glass shattered before him, sending him reeling back as a man cloaked in earthen tones mashed through, rolling off to the side and throwing breakable vials of holy water out at the both of them.

Two more came out from the stairs above, windows breaking at about the same time, wielding crossbows and axes.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

paganchick

Valery growled at Corvus as he got up before taking her clothing. She had her pants on and her top half buttoned when the first window shattered. She instantly recoiled into the shadows, her realm. She took a moment, quickly pulling her hair, which had come undone, back.  Valery was unarmed, and she didn't like that, her weapons were gods only knew where.

If these were humans they should be easy to fight, humans were weak and slow, so she could only hope that Corvus would start using his flames to light some of them on fire.

Her eyes scanned that area before she ran out into the open, relying on her unnatural speed and reflexes to help her. She had trained for over eight-hundred years to kill and fight, she was not going to let whoever these people were, kill her. If Corvus died, that was on him. Not her problem.

Lion

The one that smashed through the window knocked him down hard and his breath came out of his body, but it was only for a moment before Corvus knocked the man off of him, rolling away as his claws came unleashed.  He couldn't stop the rest of his form from shifting out of his body, his black wings hanging, torn from their skeletal frames.  He grew larger, his body more powerful as he lunged at the man.

The other hunters moved quickly, knowing he wasn't alone, and fired arrows dowsed in holy water at the shadows, hoping to hit whoever lurked in there.  Corvus himself lunged at the first man and clashed his claws into the man's blessed sword.  The weapon burned him as the hunter cut the blade into his palm.  "You wretched beast!" the man cried out.  "We know what you are!  And you'll die well before the night's over!"  He lunged at Corvus, which he promptly dodged and slashed at the man's armor, claws tearing through the hide.  His fire burned from his hands and set the man ablaze when his other hand slashed into his chest again, spilling fresh hot blood out into the room.

Corvus made for the broken window and crept onto the ledge and he saw much to his own dismay hordes of hunters swarming his estate, there must have been hundreds of them, a small army but enough to kill him if he wasn't careful.

Arrows and bolts were launched at his position and he knew the safest way out would be down into the gardens and into the tunnels below.  "Valery!" he hissed.  "This way!" And jumped the two stories into the brush.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Valery was fast, that was helped her survive when she and Corvus were fighting, and it would definitely help her survive here. She ran  full force, the humans would see nothing but a blur as she ran to the men wielding cross bows.
She made it up the stair, breaking the first mans neck, taking his crossbow and shoot another until she looked outside, seeing the raid of men still coming.

Valery looked over at Corvus before he even called out, she knew that they would have to run, there were simply too many men, she quickly wondered who in the hell this man pissed off, because it was extremely clear that they wanted him dead.

Valery jumped over the banister landing with cat like grace before heading to the window Corvus had jumped out of, quickly doing the same. Once again she landed with grace, that was definitely a benefit with being a vampire, the natural grace one received.

Lion

Corvus landed with a tumble to the brush below, rolling into a bush and scowling out as the legion of vampire hunters stormed his very estate.  He was lucky he didn't have many servants that stuck around after dark, and the rest of them he'd sent home for the night.  There was no reason to stick around either as he cast a glance back to Valery and motioned for her to follow him.

"Blasted hunters," he growled as he ducked low, moving quickly between bushes until he found the well at the heart of his garden.  "I swear, one person finds you're a monster, and suddenly the whole world knows.  I'm quite suspicious as to how your certain employer found out as well.  But I guess that's blood to be drawn another moment.  Get in!" He opened the great wooden covering of the well and motioned for her to jump in first before jumping in after her.  It was a little more than a long jump, at least two hundred feet from the surface.  But one he landed in with no less grace.

"Here...I thought I might hold into these in case you ever earned them back.  I see no reason to keep them.  Don't worry, they're all still there.  I had them in a safe place.  Just a trick of the eye." Corvus produced a rolled bundle of her weapons from a crate at the bottom of the well as the tunnels opened up to them and he handed them over to her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Valery wasn't thinking about anything but survival, if people could keep up they were left behind, that was her personality, little empathy for anyone because she hadn't been given empathy. She landed harder than she would have liked but she didn't hurt herself, didn't break anything like most humans would have.

Valery followed Corvus with relative ease, staying ducked down low so the horde of hunters wouldn't see them. She was curious, who had he pissed off that could afford a small army or hunters, the guy must have had some powerful enemies. Valery hesitated as she looked down into the well, she knew it was going to be a very long drop. Valery looked up at Corvus before jumping in, landing in a roll before jumping to her feet.

"Thanks, could have used these a bit earlier though," Valery spoke as she took her weapons. She quickly placed each one in their designated place with practiced ease before looking around. She could see with relative ease thanks to her undead curse.
"Lead the way."

Lion

There was much to be said about who could have sent the hunters that so abruptly stormed his estate.  He had quite a list of enemies that wanted his blood, and in the year and half or so that he'd inhabited this body, he'd come to know that his 'gifts' could not easily be hid.  There was one name he knew that saw through his guise, that saw him for the monster that inside of him.  But what was within also was without and Corvus made it a habit never to say or do what he didn't mean.  A white lie here and there never hurt, but that was another matter entirely.

He didn't know why he felt the need to hide, as it would seem, for others never to know his true nature, that such a weakness would be discovered and exploited.  He'd existed for more than a thousand years, or as the crow flew - and while he could never truly be destroyed, no one could quite know the pain of one's form deteriorating despite all their strength, all their gifts and have it lost while your own spirit was cursed to live on, crawl on his belly upon this wretched earth.

But that would end.  He would find a way to make himself eternal, no matter who got in his way and if this Nazadim or whatever that bastard called himself thought he could stop him, he had another thing coming.  "These hunters are not exactly what they seem," Corvus began as he lead the way, sorting out the conclusion in his head.  "They are more religious nuts than real vampire hunters but they are in no way any less dangerous.  For all of your skills, numbers can easily overwhelm, matter how strong or fast you are.  I recognized the crest on one of them, a burn on his neck of two hatchets crossing the other and three runes in the empty spaces.  One means Vala - Old Essyrni for 'life eternal'.  The second is Vara - which means something along the lines of 'eye for an eye'.  And the last one - Vedim: A brotherhood in blood.  Blood is thicker than water after all.  That blood for this night was to be mine.  They are the cohorts of someone called Nazadim, or so he'd said his name was.  I first met him when looking to turn my trade to the south, to find lost treasures of the desert...there no one who knows about eternal preservation quite like the Essyrni after all.  But he could tell something was off about me, sensed it.  I think it was in the way I seemed less inclined to take daylight walks than he was...but it must have been something more as to why he sent them.  And maybe we'll pay him a visit once we get out of here to see just what he wants."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Valery followed in silence, biting her tongue as she ran. She knew she couldn't have taken them all on, she wasn't as ignorant as he thought she was apparently.
"Nazadim you say," She spoke to herself, letting her mind run over the name. She had been to Essyrn before, and where she could walk in the day no one had ever suspected anything, few ever did. Still the name didn't ring familiar, of course the name could be false.

"Well lets just focus on getting out of here, I know I have lived a long time but I happen to enjoy being alive, well, my definition of alive anyway," She spoke.