Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Jar of Hearts {M}

Started by visualspice, April 29, 2013, 03:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

When Caius reached out for her she reared back, shaking her head as she pressed herself against the wall. She could sense her master was nearby.

"N-no, Caius, you can't!" she pressed. "You shouldn't be here." And she glanced worriedly about, believing she saw the witch Mahtaht standing just over them, but when she did a double take, nothing was there. Paranoia getting the better of her, she took Caius by the hand and rushed away, dragging him along with her.

"Call your wolf-dog and go!" she pressed, pointing towards the river side road and still glancing around as if someone might come out of the shadows. "Look, I'm glad you're here to try to help, but my master warned me not to go near you and-"

but before she could finish her sentence, the Centaur, bloodied and enraged, came tearing towards them, pushing the group apart and snatching up Megrin within his arms.
"This wench is mine!" he said defensively, glaring at the pair as he was backed up against a cliff side wall. Megrin struggled within his gasp, having a hard time breathing.

"Look, I've got this handled.. just.. just leave before you and your dog get hurt!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Caius again was caught off guard when the centaur returned to snatch up Megrin and held her defensively.  He nearly worried for what happened to Baal when the wolfdog suddenly appeared at his side again, snarling and growling.  "No!" Cai shouted back.  "No.  You'll let her go before I I kill you and you won't even have a chance to regret it.  This is your only warning."  He unsheathed his broken sword, not knowing what good it could do, but he wasn't going to wait to find out and rushed at the centaur.  All he needed to do was get close enough, touch him.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

The centaur was in a rage. Throwing Megrin aside like a rag doll, he bull-rushed Caius, fully aiming to bash the poor blonde man into the river.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Caius screamed in a primal rage and jumped up just as the centaur came rushing at him.  He held his sword high above his head as if to stab the centaur but instead he let go of the blade and landed on his torso, and held his the beasts face.  And where there was once rage it was replaced by a sudden desolation and the beast's eyes went blank as he grasped hold of Caius, trying to tear him off but finding his strength gone weaker and weaker.  The centau collapsed as Caius opened his mouth and began to suck out his soul, snatching it away despite all resistance.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Megrin groaned. She'd get several bruises all over her for this one. But then at the noise, the commotion, she lifted her head, watching in horror when the centaur finally slumped over, dead and struggling, his legs kicking lighter, then lighter still, until finally he moved no more and lay still within the grasses. Her hair was a mess, having fallen over her face, but she still caught half of the act. It sent a chill to her bones. Had Caius.. had Caius just...
but then she felt something nearby.. something stirred, and she jumped, yelping at the sound of a black bird cawing over head as it took flight, disappearing from sight.

Lion

Caius lessened his hold on the beast and trembled for a moment as the soul settled into him trying to escape but to no avail.  He turned his head up just in time to see the bird overheard and scowled at the clouds.  "Gods," he muttered.  Alas he turned to Megrin and plucked his fallen sword until he was near enough toward her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Megrin sat up, leaning away from Caius as he approached. Her teeth were bared, her eyes wide and fearful.
"What.. what did you do to him?" she asked, angry at herself her damn voice was trembling when she wanted to sound strong. "You know you didn't have to do that. My master.. he sent me here.." then she added in a mutter. "For only gods' know why.." And then she blinked, noting all of the blood on him as she sighed. "You're going to get yourself killed if you keep coming around here trying to play the damn hero." And it was the truth. Despite him claiming he was 'dead'; there were ways her master could torment Caius that was far worse than death.

Lion

"He would let you be raped and you would let him do it because your master says so," Caius said, slowing his advance and pausing just inches from her.  "What makes you think I'm a hero?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Megrin glared back at him.
"I already told you I don't have a choice." Then her eyes narrowed at his last question. "Because you're too stupid to realize when to let things go. Just because you've stopped that disgusting centaur this time, won't stop what's in store for me in the future. So while we had a fun run through a field, that was it. And it lead to nothing. You've seen what my master can do." She said with a sigh and turned away from him, arms folding over her chest. She flicked an annoying piece of hair out of her eyes.
"As soon as he's done toying with me he'll just drag me back down to his place. I told you. Cut the crap about caring and just go back to shepherding souls, or whatever it is you do."

Lion

"I think it is you who is most mistaken," Cai said calmly, brushing off his clothing.  "I don't care.  I don't know you.  I don't even know who your master really is.  But maybe it's best I don't know and you're most of all about one more thing: I'm not too stupid to walk away."  And he did just that, motioning Baal to follow him.  But he was suprised when the wolf-dog didn't budge and just sniffed at the centaur corpse.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Megrin stared at Caius lamely.
"Seems even your dog doens't listen to you," she quipped. With a roll of her eyes she waved him away. "Whatever, I'll be the one to leave anyways. Apparently there's nothing left for me here since you-" an dit was there she halted, staring down at the river as she noticed the water reflected her master, and Ahk-meht was wearing a wicked grin. Her eyes widened, and she stared back to Caius to see if blondie had seen it, but as soon as hse looked back, Ahk-meht's reflection was gone. Growling, she angrily hit the water, which of course, inadvertently splashed blondie in the face. Well, he probably deserved it.

Lion

Caius brushed the water out of his hair. He peered down at her with a frown then back at Baal.  "What is the matter?" he asked the beast.  Baal whined and turned over to him.

"This isn't good, Caius.  Do you know who you just killed?"

"No...  who is it?"

"The Prince of the River...  His mother the queen is Not going to be very happy with this.  Anthea. This is her son Anthiel."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Megrin over heard them and gave a shrug. It wasn't her problem now, that was, until she rounded the bend and another, much more fiercer looking centaur just so happened to be there.
"You.. what are you doing on our lands?" the man asked, and Megrin quickly realized they were in for a bumpy ride as three more centaur warriors appeared behind him. And it didn't take them long to see that their prince was dead. Shit.

"Anthiel!?" HIs eyes went wide, before anger quickly ignited within them. He was quick to draw his sword, as were the other men. "Explain yourselves!" he bellowed, his words fierce and his sword sharp.

Lion

It wass too late for them to escape when the centaur party was suddenly upon them and caius was at her side, standing beside her.  He looked at them defiantly and held his tongue for a moment until they advanced upon Megrin.  "Anthiel attacked us," Caius explained.  "We were only defending ourselves.  I killed him..."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"You?" the centaur eyed up Caius and gave a snort. "I hardly believe that. Unless you posess some sort of witch craft." he pointed his blade directly at Caius. "My brother is no fool. He's a strong warrior and would not have fallen so easily to a human." He looked from Caius, then to the girl who seemed much more wary and leery than him. He narrowed his gaze upon her.
"You.." he said, now pointing the sword at her. "I see you are also covered in his blood."

The sneer on the man's face grated on Megrin's nerves. She couldn't take much more of his bravado and jut her chin out.
"So what?"s he said, hands to her hips. "Who's to say it wasn't the pair of us that killed that bastard? He had a horrible personality anyway."

And Anthiel's brother could not believe this. His eyes flared up, as did his cheeks as he let out a scream and swung his sword clean at the pair of them, startling Megrin (though it was expected) as she leaped out of the way, but soon the other warriors were advancing.

"Got any bright ideas, blondie?" he sure seemed to be full of them today!

Lion

Even with his power to suck the soul right out of a body it took a toll on him to repeat the same the again with these beasts.  And the half-bladed sword in his hand would not defend against them.   Their only option was to flee and flee quickly.  "Run," he whispered harshly to her. But he didn't give her a chance to complain before he grabbed her hand and yanked her off into the trees crossing the river with a violent splash.  Baal running after them.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: Yeah, they're screwed XD

-------

At his words Megrin turned to him, her face twisting with irritation.
"What!?" and before she had a chance to protest, he was dragging her along into the river. Gasping, she clung onto his arm, her legs, being much shorter than his, were having trouble keeping up- that, and you ever tried to run in a wet skirt? It didn't work so hot!
"I hope you have a plan better than this because the centaurs are right behind us!"

Lion

[I know it's great!]

Did they really have any other options!?  None that Caius could immediately see and though he ran in desperation, he knew it wouldn't do now to panic.  It was too bad that Megrin had a point and what a valid point it was, that was until he remembered Baal.  "Baal!" he cried out as the wolf knew then what to do and immediately began to transform.  Despite his monstrous wounds, the wolf-dog was undisturbed by his own pain and moved just behind Megrin as he lunged his head beneath her legs and thrust her up onto his back and running off away from Caius as he led them off down the river.  But they were gaining on him fast.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: EDITING.. EDITING XT

--------------------

The group of centaurs rushed after Caius, only Anthiel's brother seemed to have momentarily halted his pursuit as he watched the dog transform, but then realizing their enemy was getting away. Raising his sword arm, he let out a sharp cry. "Arm yourselves with arrows!"
Megrin, hearing the cry, looked up from where she had been pressing her face in against the wolf-dog's fur.

"Shit, it looks like they're about to make pin cushions of us. Hey, dog, can you go any faster?" but before they'd get a chance to out run them- the arrows were already flying at them from the sky- and although the majority of them missed their mark, sinking into the river bank or the waters, one struck into Megrin's side as she let out a cry of pain. However, Caius wasn't without reprieve as the bows and arrows were dropped and the centaurs were quickly gaining him, swords at the ready.

OOC: Omg.. my brain today. I hope this correction works. if not, .. I'm totally going back to bed :T

Lion

Caius didn't have time to worry about whether or not Baal would get them away.  He knew the wolf-dog could outrun anything on two legs or four.  They might be centaurs but they would soon tire whereas Baal was a beats of otherworldly nature and could run for eternity if need be.  Well he hoped he could.

Caius saw the other three group of centaurs advancing on him and just he thought they would they soon caught up to him and surrounded him to a halt.  He stopped in his tracks and held his swor defiantly.  But he knew that look in their eyes.  No, they wouldn't kill him.  Not now at least.  No, they would capture him and take them abck to their village, torture him or sacrifice him.  And that was just what they did when they cast a net over him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn