Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Jar of Hearts {M}

Started by visualspice, April 29, 2013, 03:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Megrin quirked a sharp brow at him.
"Not unless you know how to free a girl from her soulless prison." she said with a clean cut of sarcasm. "But I didn't think so." She forced a smile, one that was obviously fake before giving him a wave. "But it's ok, blondey. I'll be fine on my own." She planted a hand to her hips. "I always have. And besides, my master has got me on a pretty tight leash. He could sniff me out miles away."S he demonstarted with with a quick snap of her fingers the a shake of her head. "But don't you worry, he'll be here soon to get me anyways." She bat her eyes at him sourly before turning away and giving an indignant fluff of her hair. Really, what did he care anyways?
So as she walked away, she grumbled as she stumbled over a few corpses as she tried to walk to any place that might be more solid and clear of debris, but as she looked around with a sigh, she noticed there were dead bodies everywhere.

"Figures I attempt to run away to a meadow full of dead people," she muttered, Sighing, she dragged herself forward, not knowing much else to do with herself except bide her time. She knew Ahk-meht would be there soon. If anything, he was hardly fashionably late for circumstances unless it suited him, and right now, he was probably beyond pissed off she just up and left. But then her dress caught on something and she heard a rip. Her eyes went wide as she whirled around, noticing her already tattered skirts stuck on a sword protruding from a corpses chest. Her face went soured as she breathed out a curse.

"Just terrific,"s he said, grunting and pulling at the dress, and growing irritated as it simply became more and more tangled the more and more she tried to get it free. She probably looked quite a sight, with a decadent gown and her hair all done and fancy, even frilly jewels and earrings to match. Too bad her short romp in the valley of dead men had tattered it. ANd she liked the color purple. Too bad she got the dress by killing someone she loved, which only made her all the more bitter towards the beautiful dress she wore and situation she was in.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Soulless?" Cai mimicked curiously.  He didn't understand what she meant by it.  She looked fairlly normaal to him by all standards.  But it was Baal that grumbled beneath him. And Cai knew that he knew what separated this woman from them and would rather be free of her and anyone associated with her.  But Cai was not so deterred.

He just watched her wander away, not inclined to go after he when she got her dress tangled once again.  She wasn't having a very pleasant day obviously so Caius waited, uncertain he should intervene and just watched her as she tried to pull her dress free. So he turned Baal toward her and began to run by her.  As soon as she was in range, Cai reached out and pulled her up on the wolf-dog's back in one fell swoop.

"This is no place for the likes of you.  You'll dishonor and desecrate this place by falling all over these bodies.  They have had enough trouble as it is.  They don't need to be disturbed by you so I'm taking you out of here, whether you like it or not. I'm sure your master won't give a damn where he finds you."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Megrin was still bent over, trying to get the damn dress untangled when she noticed the dog and rider heading her way. "What on earth are they-" and then she gasped as they rushed past her, plucking her up and tearing her dress the rest of the way. "Well, looks like I'll only be able to wear half a skirt," she muttered, but soon shook her head of it as she squirmed within his grasp and glared up at him.

"Hey- what's the big idea? Let ... me... GO!" she said, fists and legs kicking wildly. "You have no idea what you're messing with. He WILL care and was probably already going to take my head and serve it on a silver platter before you came along!"s he grunted and wriggled, but damn, the stupid blonde boy was strong. And not to mention she was beginning to feel ill from the moving wolf-dog beneath her as she groaned. This was so not her day.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Caius hardened his expression and rolled his eyes.  "Then perhaps I'm doing you a favor by pulling you from his clutches.  You're a fool if you'd willingly stay behind just to suffer punishment.  And if the leash is as tight as you claim, consider this moment to prepare yourself for his wrath," Cai said and readjusted her as they ran toward the edge of the battlefield.

[Short]

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"What!?" Megrin stared at him. Was he insane? "As if you could actually pull me from anything." She glared daggers at him and continued to struggle. "Is your aim to get me killed? What did I ever do to you or your dog? It seems you've both got it out for me the second I stepped out from the underworld."
It figures, she left one psycho to find another!

Lion

"Silence would serve you better than your empty tongue," Caius said with mild irritation.  He held her tightly and once she was righted in front of him, he changed arms and held her against him with his left instead of his right.  "What's the big deal anyway.  If you wanted to avoid 'big trouble' why did you step outside in the first place, that wasn't very smart.  You should have just stayed in that cave of yours.  And in place of your sarcasm, you may speak now."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Megrin folded her arms over her chest, glaring. She didn't like this situation one bit, but she supposed it didn't matter.
"Well, if you must know, I never claimed at being smart. So it really doesn't matter what happens to me. Cave or not, I'll be back in that life style the second my master isn't distracted by his little party.  Too bad my brief stroll on my own only landed me with just another psycho." She avoided his eyes. Really, she had the most rotten of luck. Couldn't her master just let her die or something? Then again, she had never really died as far as could remember. Having her soul stolen when she was alive... she shivered at the thought. She'd rather not relive that again, but she figured death had to be at least a little better. Then again, she doubted Ahk-meht would just let her 'go' if it were to ever happen. He'd probably follow her into death.

Lion

Caius furrowed his brows at her.  Did she always have such a bad attitude?  He couldn't help his frown from curling up a little at all the thought of what someone like her would say about a lot of things, she certainly had her opinions.  "Is that so?  Then perhaps you should be thanking me.  If he's going to drag you back anyway, why not enjoy the ride.  To the edge of the field and then I'll let you go.  You should appreciate what time you have to enjoy the beauty of the blood red sky.  The way the sun is falling just beneath the trees."

Cai pulled on Baal's fur just a little as they crested a hill and motioned for him to pause at the view that came out before them.  They were close to the edge of the battlefield and he pointed out to the horizon.  The copse of trees were particularly thick here in the plains and the beauty of the colors that were displayed before them were one of the things Caius particularly enjoyed about being outdoors.  And perhaps all it took was a little sharing and maybe she would smile too.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Too bad Cai's hopes would be dashed. All she saw was a beautiful sky she could never be free under.

"Great, I have a crazy philosopher who thinks I might care if only I were to look at the sky. But I guess I'll just hold my tongue until we get out of this valley. Beautiful sky or not, it doesn't making a difference to me. The sky is just a sky, and this day would be no different, even if it were raining. You can't pretend you're free, so why even bother?" she muttered, and just let herself stare around the world in a sour pussed fashion, a hand resting to her cheek as she glared off glumly at the world. Besides, she was still mourning on the inside and hadn't had a moment to herself to properly cry over Samrin. And now her only chance to be alone was dashed by this crazy soul snatching kidnapper. Ugh.

Lion

Caius did frown at her words and threw a leg over Baal's back and motioned for her to slide down as well.  "I'm sorry you lack the heart available to appreciate what small wonders there are in this world.  I'm sorry I wasted your time.  You may leave now.  It was nice talking to you."  Cai bowed his head at her before climbing on Baal again and walking off.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Megrin rolled her eyes.
"It's not heart I lack, but a soul," she muttered, then waved off to him. "Bye, bye blondey. Let's hope for both of our sakes we never meet again." and she folded her arms across her chest and watched him be off.

Then with a sniff, she turned around and waved the idea off. "Men, thinking they can always fix things." And she went about, staring at the land. To her, it looked like anything but beautiful. Even at the edge of death, death was.. well, death- a cold, grey matter she had to deal with everyday. But she was thankful to be along as she approached a tree and leaned against it, pressing her forehead int her arm with a sagging frown. She couldn't feel her master, which was peculiar, but perhaps the party distracted him for the moment enough to halt his pursuit? And it was then she began to realize, perhaps she should have taken the man up on his offer to take her far away from here. But she knew it wouldn't matter. Akh-meht would find her. He always did.
And as if on cue, the wrinkled old witch stepped out from the shadows, a lantern in hand as she gave an eerie chuckle.

"Ah, there you are, Megrin, my sweet. The master was worried about you, that he was."

Megrin rolled her eyes and stepped away.

"Can't I eve have one minute alone?" she griped, folding her arms against her chest.

The witch turned to her, adjusting her eyes that rested loosely in their sockets.
"Oh, but you've had plenty of that time now, deary. Come along then, don't make me get the hounds."

Irritated, Megrin whirled around.
"Then why don't you summon your hounds? I refuse to go with you!" she barked.

The witched reared back, not expecting Megrin to be so non-compliant.
"Well, Akh-meht will surely hear about this," the witch cackled and reached out an old withered hand and snatched onto Megrins wrist. "Now come along, you know how I hate the dogs. Hell hounds and their fleas and all. And that fire- inducing bark!" She shook her head disapprovingly

Megrin curled her lips and fought back.
"NO! LET GO!" Megrin shouted, and yanked her hand free of the witch, only for hte old woman to cackle out angrily as shadows whipped out from her arms and clung onto Megrin's wrist, like a chain.

"Are you forgetting your place?" the old wench reminded the girl as she gave a jerk and Megrin fell forward, clean into the dirt. "And what's this? It seems you've messed up your dress. Tsk, tsk. Ahk-meht will be most displeased. How are you to be on the dance floor like that?"

"I want no more part of this! Let me go, you old, ugly witch!" Megrin shouted, grabbing a nearby fallen branch and swung it at the old witch's face, only for her to caw like a bird as the witch dodged it, but not without it knocking out one of her loose eyes and making it drop away intot he grasses.

"That's it!"t he witch shouted. "I'm calling in the hell hounds!"

Lion

Caius had made it at least a hundred yards away and Baal grumbled to him all along the way.  "You don't know anything about that woman, Caius, and it would do you well to forget about her.  She's attached to something that would bring you nothing but misfortune."

"And just how much fortune have I suffered so far?" Cai wondered with a frown.  "I'm not fascinated with her.  I don't even know her.  Don't begrudge me if i seek company other than your own, Baal."

"I am here to protect you, Caius.  Whether you know it or not, you have another chance to live again, a fortune which most others would be grateful for.  But all you can do is complain.  You have been given clear purpose again."  Baal scowled and shook his head.

Caius had nothing more to say.  The hound was right but if only it were that simple.  Baal could not fully understand because the wolf-dog had been given to him to serve him.  His purpose was not as clear as Baal would think, for what more was there to live for than to spend the rest of eternity searching for sous?  And what was more, why did he care so much about the woman with perpetual unhappiness.  But he supposed it didn't really matter, nor did it concern him.  The woman was right, they weren't going to meet again.  And if there was something more in her condition that rendered her soulless, maybe it was best that Caius didn't know the nature of it.

But when he heard the cry so many miles away, the screams and words demanding release, Cai stopped and pulled Baal to turn around.  "No," the wolf-dog refused, but Cai wouldn't have it and dug his heels into the animal's side to turn around by force and kicked him to start running back the way they came and as it would have it the woman was in confrontation with a crone with a missing eye, who had a league of three large hell-hounds pouring in from the the field behind her.

Baal snarled as he ran faster.  Though the hound himself was too from the underworld, he had a special dislike for summoned hell-hounds and these dogs would find themselves in a world of hurt.  Caius bounded for Megrin held Baal firmly underneath him, stilling his urge to go after the hell hounds.  He pulled out his sword and dashed beside the witch, extending the broken blade close enough to take off her head.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Ahh!" the witch cried like a crow, blood sputtering out her, black as ink and parts of it even flying off like birds. Her head tumbled to the ground, landing near to her fallen eye as she rotated what eye was left and grimaced at the man.

"You! What business is this to cut off my head?" cawed the witch.

Megrin reared back, startled over t fact it was so easy to just lob off the witch's head, but she couldn't help but let her lips twitch into a smile.

"I suppose I would ask the same but I don't care, I've wanted to do that for months!" Megrin cried, unable to contain her smile.

The old witch cawed again.

"Megrin, you and your friend here will regret this. I will alert Ahk-meht immediately-"

PUNT.

With a hefty kick, Megrin kicked the old witch's head, and with a cry, the witches head went tumbling away, leaving the body to blindly grope about.

Whirling around Megrin shouted, "Hey blondie! You should probably chop the rest of that witch up, lest she find her head and put herself back together. Though I doubt that will stop her, it could at least slow her down!"
And part of her secretly wished to see that old hag get what was comign to her. Yes.. chop her to bits, blondie, she thought. That would be my kind of hero.

Lion

Caius wasn't much for revenge but the grumpy soulless woman had quite a point.  And he wasnNt the king to issue warning wheere it wasn't needed.  So while still riding on the wolf-dog, Cai promptly followed her advice and cut the witch's torso in half, the head still screaming a dozen or so yards away.  and for good measure he slashed the broken sword down on to her pelvis slashing her legs apart.  It was as thorough as it was going to get while he remained mounted.  He turnedBaal around and glared down at her with iron eyes.  The wolf-dog was hungry for the flesh of the hell-hounds that were barrowing this way, paws antsy.  "Are you coming or staying?" Cai said.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The hell hounds were nearly upon them by now as Megrin whirled around.

"What?" she said through a pant. "Are you offering an escort?" her voice still held that saucy flare, but this time it was a bit more playful as she tossed her hair aside, away from her eyes and looked at him. She smirked and waited for his answer, but it was obvious she was eager to jump on board with him again if he were to offer. And why the hell not? It was better than getting dragged back by a pack of hell hound dogs.

Lion

Caius had a little patience for her games and grit his teeth when she smirked at him.  He simply sheathed his sword and offered his hand out to her.  He didn't have the breath to answer her either as Baal was getting all the more answer, saliva dripping from his maw, his fangs.  The hell-hounds were bounding nearer, close enough that Caius could feel the heat of their burning breath as one of them spat out a fireball.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Taking his hand, she was pulled onto the back of the beast-dog and clung on tightly to Caius.
"Come on, let's get out of here before those hell hounds try to turn us into ash!"

Lion

She didn't have to tell him twice!  Caius kicked Baal into motion as the fireball came hurtling toward them and missed it just in time, all they could smell was just a hint of burning fur.  Baal ran faster than the wind with the hell hounds on their tail, barking fire at them as they bounded through the battlefield.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Megrin clung fiercely to Caius, afraid she might be bounced off the wolf-dog's back. Peering over her shoulder, she grimaced at the hell hounds.
"Gods are they persistent." Then turning to Caius, she leaned up against him and asked, "Is there anything we can do to distract them? I saw you handle that soul back there," she reminded him, leaning in even more so her lips were near to his ears. "Got any more tricks up your sleeve?" Then with a smirk, she added. "Or unless your wolf-dog friend here has something, I'd love to hear your bright ideas."

Lion

"Gods be damned," Caius cursed when no matter how they turned, the hounds were starting to gain on them.  Three against one wasn't exactly fair and even with Baal's large size, even such small numbers could overwhelm.  He didn't know how his sword could fair against the hide of a hellhound.  The sword had already  been broken once and he wasn't going to risk breaking it even more.  It was the only thing he'd had of his former life, the one thing he could hold onto.

"I think there might be something I can do," he muttered, gritting his teeth.  He felt the souls linger inside of him, some trying to escape, confused, terrified.  He would do one favor to the soul that wanted it's freedom.  He forced the soul out and let the spirit orb run out of him and to the hell hounds.  It flew at them in a fury, and manifested long enough to form into the warrior it was and snatched a weapon from the ground, tearing through the hounds as they yelped fire.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: