Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Jar of Hearts {M}

Started by visualspice, April 29, 2013, 03:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Megrin was surprised as she stared over her shoulder at the display the warrior spirit was unleashing against the hell hounds. A small smile tugged upon her lips as she murmured, "Well I'll be damned." And clung to blondie even tighter as her smile turned into a smirk.
"With those mutts distracted, hopefully it can buy us some time to get away." And after a moment, she paused to realize how rude she had been and how this man had decided to help, despite all that. She grit her teeth, realizing it was only appropriate before she muttered, "Er, and thanks." Gods, it sounded weird to say that. But she knew in her gut it was only right to say, and before she knew what she was doing, she was sputtering out her name. "And by the way." She lifted her head, feeling the wind catch into her dark hair.

"The name's Megrin. And if you're wondering what I am, I'm a soul thief. Those hounds back there were simply coming to collect me for my master," she said with a jerk of her thumb. "A man I had been tricked into to serve. And although I appreciate the help, after you get me the hell away from this place, it might be best if we part ways, seeing as I doubt you want any more trouble with hell hounds. I ought to be fine. Just having a nice break from all of this is nice." She admitted as she blushed a little at the thought.
"So yeah... thanks again." she stated, trying to hide the damn smile on her lips as she lowered her head. Ugh. Smiles could be so contagious. Damn him for his good deed! And damn herself for commending him!  She knew she should be avoiding men like him but... well.. why the hell not? She hadn't much else to lose.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Indeed after all she'd put him through, the cold-shoulders, the apathetic glances, the nonchalant words, Cai should have left her there to be pulled apart by those hell hounds, but despite what she'd done to him, he was above that - that and he saw no need to stoop to her level.  Even if he didn't plan on sticking around for long, at least he'd saved one life from needless slaughter.  And if her master really was going to come for her - at least there was time to enjoy her freedom, however brief.

He kept riding forth as she introduced herself to him, not even looking at her.  He kept his eyes on the horizon and the sun finally fell, the last dregs of it leaving purple traces of light spilling through the evening sky.  Clouds brewed overhead, dark and unscrupulous, heavy with rain.  A few droplets began to spill on them and Cai relished in the sensation of such against his skin.

"Hm," Cai said with a shrug.  "I wasn't wondering.  I was only doing the right thing."  He didn't want to introduce himself, this was the only time they would come into contact with one another after all, and he took into mind Baal's warning to stay away from her.  If she was a soul thief then perhaps she might try to take the spirits that lurked inside of him.  That wouldn't do at all.  So when they reached the edge of the field, he stopped and sat up, looking behind him.  "I suppose you'd want to get off now."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

The sound and smell of rain was wonderful, and having the warm scent of a man against her didn't help either. Too bad she knew better than to try and enjoy it, so when they stopped at the edge of the field, she shrugged.

"Here is as good a place as any, blondie." she supposed she wouldn't get a name. Not that it mattered. "I'm in your debt right now." Not that she'd owe him anything. "At least the hell hounds will only take minutes, instead of seconds in tearing my limbs apart." She smirked and slipped off the back of the wolf-dog, moving away as she smoothed down her skirts. "Good luck with those souls, though if you're looking for that one from earlier.." She jerked a thumb towards the trees. It seemed the warrior spirit was done wiht the hounds and was whizzing about desperately through the trees. "He went that away." She forced a smile. "Good luck," then she turned and walked away with a flip of her hair. There was really no where for a girl to go at this hour, alone, and against a dark set of woods, though she supposed she might as well enjoy a moonlight stroll until the damn witch put herself back together and dragged her back to hell.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Baal was still antsy underneath Caius when the girl who called herself Megrin slid off the beasts back and began to wander away.  He wasn't a hero, he wasn't a knight sworn to chivalry, he was just a wanderer, no different than she was.  Cai lowered his head, tired and knowing he needed to transfer the souls soon lest another one break free.

He shook his head.  "No...that one can roam a little while longer.  Let him wander these fields.  This is the only home he'll ever know.  When he is ready to rest at last, I'll come for him," he said with a nod and trotted off.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"That sounds responsible," she muttered with a shrug, then went about strolling against the forest on her own. The forest looked beautiful this hour, and she kept glancing over to the soul that was dancing about from time to time. Eventually, the warrior's soul had found her after she had taken perch on a fallen rock, and even she was surprised that it came to rest at her feet, much like a dog.

"Well, aren't you the adventurous one. Don't you know what I am, little one?" the light flickered brightly a moment, as if in response, then settled into the grasses, as if just a single bit of twilight that had fallen from the sky. Smirking, she stared up at the skies, studying the stars before something caught her sight. There was a tree, dieing, grey and lonely perched nearby. Something about it called out to her, and rising, she was slow to approach.

The little soul followed her, but she paid no real mind, her eyes glued upon the tree. It was as if it was talking to her, begging her for help. It was almost as if....
and then her hand sealed agaisnt the side of it and a gold light emitted from her hand, gluing it temporarily inplace as some of the remenants from Samrin's soul fluttered out from her finger tips and goaded the tree back into life.

The tree twitched and groaned, stretched out and the leaves rustled as tehy blossomed, returning the once dying tree back to life. Megrin's eyes widened, surprised by what had happened as she jerked her hand free, nearly stumbling over her feet.
"Well I'll be.." she smirked, albeit sadly. It was as if Samrin had become a part of her.
The soul made a twinkling noise, fascinated by what had happened as Megrin studied her hand.

She wondered how much of the soul left it's trace within her, then frowned and lowered her head once she realized a pair of eyes were watching her from the dark.  She should have known any freedom would be short lived.

Lion

Caius was long gone since then, Baal taking him away posthaste.  The wolf-dog didn't need some alleged soul thief to poison the likes of a Herald of Valgrin, the mistress would not be happy to even hear about an encounter between her servant and one such creature.  She was foul, serving another who did not intend to put spirits to rest, and had no business being around Caius.  And that was the last thing a Soul Keeper needed.

But the eyes that lurked out at Megrin were of one of the hounds that had survived the assault of the soul orb and when Megrin had realized them, they lunged out at her, clawing her severely and sinking their teeth into her body, claws and fangs hot and hungry for her flesh.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

It wasn't like it was the first time she had been attacked by hell hounds, it was that it hurt every damn time. So when the dog howled and leaped upon her, her screams echoed out into the night. Though it attacked with direct intentions to do her harm, a heavy paw smashing to her forehead, Megrin spilled onto the ground unconscious as the dog snatched her by the neck and began to carry her away.

The soul, however, grew angered again, unclear as to what was going on. And so in it's fear, it became irrational, and it's light exploded in a fury as it twisted after the beast, entangling with it into battle until it yelped off in defeat, leaving Megrin to lay unconsciously against the stars while the soul warrior hoovered over her in a protective manner. He had served and worshipped Samrin in his life, after all, and could sense his power within her. He would protect the remnants of his patron God, even in death.  Or, what he believed was the remains of his once noble God.

Lion

Caius did not see when the light exploded, nor did he respond when he heard a strange cry pierce the air.  It must have been nothing more than the call of a night bird.   When the night passed away and Caius returned the next morning walking beside the wolf-dog, certain the woman was gone and the spirit was still wandering the battlefield.  He'd given it all the time it would need to come to terms with what he was now, what had happened to him and Caius already delivered what souls he needed to Valgrin in the passing evening.

He walked back to where he'd seen the spirit and saw something coiled around a tree.  It was the spirit and he approached it, not seeing Megrin's unconscious form on the ground.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The spirit had been 'sleeping' and when it awoke and sensed Caius, it flared into life and tore away, dashing madly about, zig-zagging up trees and whirling around about in the air. Then it zoomed across the grasses, hissing around Megrin's fallen form before realizing it could use her as a vessel as it suddenly plunged inside her chest. The action was enough to wake her as Megrin sat up with a  scream, clutching her chest in pain as her eyes filled up with tears.

Lion

Her sudden scream brought Caius to life.  He fell back in alarm, clutching the hilt of his broken blade and crouched down defensively.  He saw her peer up from the grasses only moments ago, the faint residue of the spirit orb's passing lingering on her chest.  Shit!  He should have known the orb would try to escape that way.   And he stalked over to her, mindful of her crying and sudden pain, and knelt down beside her.  "Never seems to fail with you.  Stay still," he said.  He forced her down, or if he could and put both hands on her chest, focusing on that one spirit and felt the tendrils of it.  He yanked up hard and pulled out what seemed to be an ethereal thread and yanked hard again, pulling out the spirit and sucking it into himself again.  He sat there on the ground for a while, peering across the grass at her.  "Are you all right?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Megrin wasn't sure what was going on as she clutched to her chest, heart beating rapidly, her heart feeling squeezed, as if in a vice. She only obeyed, not knowing what else to do, and when the soul was taken from her, she let out a noise, a gasp of breath and then shivered. It was only after the thing was gone did she realize she had been crying and looked away, brushing away the tears.

"I'm as alright as I could ever be. What just happened?" she rubbed at her temple. Her head was throbbing.

Lion

"I don't know.  You scared me in fact.  I saw the spirit jump in you and before it could escape permanently, I sucked it out of you.  It was mine after all, just in case you were trying to steal it.   You look like you've been trampled by a bull.  What happened to you?  What do you remember?"  Cai said, sitting beside her.

"We must go, now," Baal pressed, nudging Cai to move on and away from her.

Caius only gave him daggers and motioned him to wait a little longer.  "Don't be rude, Baal.  It's obvious she needs help.  Whether it's from us or someone else, she needs it.  Who else sleeps in a field of five-hundred year old bones?"  He turned back to her.  "I thought your master was coming for you.  It takes this long?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"No..." she looked at him cautiously. "It normally doesn't."s he rubbed at her neck. "Normally the witch would have gotten me by now. And I should have been dragged off with that hellhound.. but that's all I remember." She furrowed her brow. "Then I woke up in immense pain." she furrowed her brow, looking at Caius's chest. "I.. I think that wandering soul must've done something. I.. I don't know." Then, growing irritated due to Baal's impatience, she glared at the dog and looked angrily away. "What's it to you anyway? I thought neither of you liked hanging around me, yet I walk in circles and we seem to keep meeting. Did you lose your way? Or did you need more souls in this valley of the dead?"

Lion

"No I believe I am done here.  I came for the soul that I sought and now he's locked inside of me.  He'll find real rest now, even if he doesn't want too.  Valgrin doesn't let go of spirits easily, even unruly ones like him.  From the carcass, i see he dealt with one more hound.  But don't misunderstand.  It's not that we don't like you, we are just wandering our seperate ways and just so happened to intersect at points.  But I suppose the same couldn't be said of you.  You're the one who's a grump, and I suppose that's your only real companion.  Why do you wait for your master to return to you?  Why don't you just run away?"

Baal paced back and forth behind them and huffed impatiently, ready to sit on Megrin if need be.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Well, aren't you the nosy charmer," Megrin said with a roll of her eyes. She shook her head. "And I wait for him because I have little choice. He wouldn't have the title master if he didn't own me." Really, this was infuriating to explain. Hadn't he already see enough from what her master was doing to try to get her back. And ugh, to top it off, her neck was so sore and achy. "What does it matter if i run away if he'll just find me when he decides to get off of his lazy throne?"

Lion

"If he's as big and bad as you say, why would he need all these other ...things to bring you back?  Not much of a master if he can't even do it himself.  It seems to me like you're just finding excuses to sit here and be helpless when you can roam where you want.  If all you have to worry about it some witch that'll fall apart at the edge of a blade and lame hellhounds.  I think you want to be captured by him, to be stuck where you are.  Whether it's by your will or his, nothing will change.  And you'll have only yourself to blame."

Caius stood up and dusted his hands off.  He looked at her with a glance and reached out a hand to her.  "I can at least dress those wounds.  They look nasty."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Megrin only stared at him for his bluntness, then narrowed her eyes at him.
"It's not like I never tried,"s he growled, becoming quickly infuriated by the man as she held a hot breath, hands clenching into fists. Oh, how she wanted to slap him, but something told her if she did, the damn dog he was ontop of would eat her alive. "You have no idea anything about me. And I can see to my own wounds." she forced a sweet smile a nd a bat of her eyes. "I'll just go to the next town over and ask for help." Her expression went back to being sour as she turned around in a whirl, keeping her back to him as she simply walked away. She didn't need this, nor him, nor his berating words. They hurt more than he knew, and she still hadn't the time to properly mourn over Samrin. If she were to stick around blondie for much longer, she might find herself sporting water works at random, and the last thing she wanted to appear was weak.

Lion

[He's on the ground!]

Caius watched her walk away, wounded as she was and bit his lip, knowing he'd regret it later.  He kept pace with her, his legs longer and stronger than hers.  "I can take you there.  You won't get far on your own, even with those hell hounds after you.  We'll part then and you'll never have to see me again.  At least agree to that."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: Right, whoops XD half asleep posting will do that @_@

----------------------

Megrin grew irritated quickly as she grit her teeth, keeping her back towards him. And as he pressed on helping her, acting as if it were some sort of duty to himself, that was about all she could take. Whirling around, she growled right into his face.

"Can't you get the hint blondie?" she said, her voice trembling. Gods, if she were to start crying now.... She shook her head. "I don't want help. I don't like help, and all I want is to be left alone!" The pesky tears she had feared were coming out, hot and stinging in her eyes. "You're not my hero, you never will be, so just leave me alone!" ad she turned around and continued to walk away, but with no more rush than before as she angrily (and attempting to appear nonchalantly..) was working at brushing her tears away but it was to no avail. The grief she felt for Samrin was too much, and soon she was choking on her sobs as she stumbled over a corpse and caught herself against a tree, finding herself becoming completely over taken by her sorrow.

Lion

[No worries.]

It was Caius' turn to grow irritated and he bit his lip to keep from rushing at her and pummeling her into the ground.  But maybe it was his own pity that kept him from doing so.  Death had since made him bitter and there were few things that made him happy.  Even if helping Megrin certainly was not one of those things, there was some consolation in at least getting her to proper care.  It was more for his sake than hers.

"I'd left you alone once and look what happened to you.  Look what's happening to you now," he said, watching her stalk away.  He didn't need to go after her.  She was too busy feeling sorry for herself to listen to him, this much was apparent.  As she leaned against her tree to continue her crying, he finally did walk after her, walking as quietly as the ghost he was.

"Don't cry.  I'll leave you alone.  I'm sorry," he muttered.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: