Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Little Village Called Blackmoore ((OPEN Please Join In!))

Started by Sumae, April 30, 2013, 09:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sumae

Sumae was traveling through Draconi Forest and she was honestly thinking of finding a place here and staying.  She liked this forest, quite a bit, and she knew she wouldn't be persecuted for her magic here.  With these thoughts going through her head she was traveling down a rather old road with carting her small caravan behind her with her supplies, herbs, and bits and bobs of gems and charms and other materials when she heard a soft crying noise to her right.

She stopped and set down the caravan wiping her forehead and furrowing her brow in the direction of the noise.  It sounded like a baby, or some kind of animal.  She stepped a ways into the tree's and soon enough came upon a wolf, lying dead in the grass.  A cougar had gotten a hold of it and the poor thing was torn open.  But, what was worse, three wolf pups were lying next to it.  One of them was crying, the other ones were dead.  The cougar must have gotten close to the den.  Sometimes mother wolves make their dens for their pups a good ways away from the pack especially when they have just given birth.  The wolf pup couldn't have been more than a couple of weeks old and he was pitifully crying.

"Oh, no, poor sweet baby," she crooned feeling her heart break into tiny little pieces.  She bent down and picked him up.  He was so tiny!  She was wearing a pair of worn leather riding breeches and a linen sleeveless corset and she had a large bag with odd bits and bobs inside of it strapped around her neck and resting on her left hip.  She took a couple of gems and bits out of it stuffing them into her pockets, leaving the only other things inside bits and pieces of pretty material and ribbon she used for her hair. 

She held the pup up close to her face peering at him.  He wriggled in her hand crying and snuffling and one tiny paw reached out and placed itself on her nose.  That was that then, she couldn't turn away now.

"Come on then darling," she murmured placing the pup into her bag, "everything is going to be all right now, I've got you."

She made her way back to her caravan and began making her way down the road.  He would need some food soon or he would die.  She'd need to find some kind of village.

With the sun setting overhead she finally came across an old beaten up sign reading 'Blackmoore'. 

"Well, maybe they will have some milk then, hmm?" she murmured in the direction of the bag and the sleeping pup.  With a sigh she began carting her caravan over the hill and as she did she caught site of the village.  It was sizable enough, and she could see livestock so she knew there had to be milk about somewhere.  With a sigh of relief she made her way through the town.

It was dark by the time she made it to a tavern.  She tied her caravan up to a post outside and whispered a quick enchantment of defensive magic about it, in case any thieves got any clever ideas, and made her way inside.  It was well lit and there were three men on a stage in the front of the tavern drinking and laughing and singing for the crowd.  As she walked in with her wild hair about her and her odd clothing people stared but she didn't feel any negative energy. 

She approached the bar and took a seat, feeling the pup start to rustle around in the bag she waved at the bar tender.

He was a gristled looking old man with a salt and pepper beard and very white hair trailing down his back in a braid, but he had kind soft brown eyes and he smiled at her as she approached.
"What can I get for you m'lady?"

"A pint for me, and if you have some sort of thin rag that's relatively clean, and a bowl of milk?"
His eyebrows rose in surprise, "Sure, I could probably put something together.  What's wrong then?"

"Oh, I found a wolf pup out in the forest,"  she raised her bag up showing him the bulge that was slowly rustling around in the soft leather of her bag.  She opened the top and peering in smiling when the puppy looked up and began to bark up at her with a squeaky little wine of a voice.  The bar tender looked into the bag smiling as well and nodded.

"I've got just the thing then!  I have some goats that I keep in the back and there are some bottles back there to feed the kids when the mother can't produce milk or dies.  If you poke enough holes in the nipple it will be perfect.  I'll fix it up for you, shall I?  No charge, think nothing of it."

"Really?  That would be perfect.  Thank you so much sir."

"Gavin is m'name lady, anytime, anytime" he turned around and walked into the back, emerging a few minutes later with a bottle that he'd poked four or five holes rather than one into the nipple so the smaller pups mouth would be able to work with it.  He had also already filled it with milk.

"Here you are, and I'll get you your pint set up now, shall I?"  he handed her the bottle and grabbed a glass from under the bar

"Thank you so much again.  My name is Sumae.  I sell talisman jewelry, and healing charms, and I have medicinal herbs with me as well.  If you  need anything, let me know."

"Well then nice to meet you lady Sumae.  Actually, my granddaughter has a bit of an ague.  A cough that won't go away.  Might you have something for that?"

"Oh, yeah, that's easy.  I've got something in my caravan.  I'll fix you up a nice little package before I leave, no charge" she said with a smile 

Rhindeer

It was a long journey back to the plains, and as always, Sita traveled light and lived out of his saddlebags. It was just he and his gelding, Gesha, but that was all the company he needed. He was perfectly content with silence, especially after long months spend in the noise and bustle of Ketra.

It was nice.

Not that he had to endure long periods of silence yet, for he still had a ways to go before he was out of Adela and he wasn't about to start roughing it until he absolutely had to, when the last inn was leagues behind him. What could he say? He had been spoiled by beds and his body wasn't what it used to be. Aches and pains and stiffness lasted a little longer nowadays, and when he was already in a risky profession? Well, may as well take advantage of a little softness here and there!

He had been to Blackmoore before, as it was on his route to and from Ketra, and he stopped there now. He'd been going there for years and while the town was small without much of a proper inn, he could usually find someone who would let him crash in their barn for a night. Most folk were just curious of strangers.

So first things first--time to check out the local tavern and see if they had any lodging.

He hitched Gesha up outside the town's tavern, briefly noted the caravan out there (some sort of peddler, mayhap?) and headed inside.

It was a lively place, full of singing and merrymaking, but it also looked depressingly full, and he felt his chances of getting a bed sink. Oh well. Hay wasn't that bad, and never knew until you asked. Besides, they still had ale and dammit, he could use a pint before the night was through.

He headed up to the bar where a woman and the bartender were engaged in conversation and leaned against the counter, content to wait until they were through to get the guy's attention. Flirting on the job, probably. Figures. But that was when a little yip got his attention, and he blinked over at the lady--and then down at the tiny ball of fur she was holding.

"Whatcha got there?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Sumae

Sumae turned to the man who sat down next to her and smiled politely.

"Oh, I found a dead wolf with some pups around her a little ways off the path and down the road.  A cougar had gotten a hold of her.  This little guy was the only one left alive." 

She cradled him in her arm and settled the milk bottle to his mouth.  He was rustling around and immediately latched onto the nipple, strong sloppy sucking and small squeaky growling sounds coming from him as he ate.  It startled a delighted laugh out of her as she watched him suckle.

"He can't be very old.  Luckily the bar tender here had a bottle for some baby goats and he fixed it up to work for the pup."  She looked back up at the man and smiled again, her guards a lot more down than they normally would have been by the melting in her heart at seeing the puppy drink from the bottle so heartily.  With her free hand she picked up her pint and took a long drink.  It had been hot that day and carting the caravan around with all of her materials for so long put a strain on her.  It's why she stayed lightly muscled despite her curvy figure.  She knew she must look strange.

Her leather riding breeches and linen corset would be dust and dirt covered and so would her bare arms.  Her hair hung down around her curling and waving in dark tendrils, wild like some sort of odd plant.  It was a little unusual to a see a women in breeches and just a sleeveless corset, much less with her hair all out and in abandon. 

Rhindeer

Sita grunted in acknowledgment, watching the pair skeptically. "Ya plannin' on keepin' it? 'Cause ya know it's awful hard to tame a wild animal, miss. Especially wolves. I know it's cute--" And it sure was, he had to admit, suckling that bottle like that. "--but they ain't like dogs, much as they look like 'em."

Turning to the counter, he ordered a pint of his own and waited patiently for the barkeep to fetch it. He leaned his arms on the counter, letting himself relax for a moment, though it wouldn't be long before he had to get up and get moving; he'd been in the saddle far too long and, quite frankly, his ass hurt.

"I'd be careful or you're just headed for heartbreak, and that ain't fair for neither of ya."

He'd seen it more times than he could count, city folk thinking they could make a pet of something wild. Never ended well. Especially not when there were women involved, always seeing something cute and thinking they could mother it. And a girl as eccentric as the one next to him? Yeah, he could just see it coming.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Sumae

Sumae's entire being switched like lightning.  Where as before she was relaxed and happy now if one was watching closely they would be able to see her back suddenly stiffen up and her head whip around towards the man.  Sumae's temper was, quite frankly, legendary. 

"Do I look like some stupid city girl to you mister?  I have lived in these forests my entire life."  She pointedly looked down at her breeches and simple linen corset.  "I know damn well what I have in my arm right now is a wolf, not a dog.  I know because I have lived in harmony with them, as well as the other forest animals, for as long as I can remember.  The only reason why I'm even in this town is to trade my wares and get this pup some milk."  Her voice got louder with every word, each syllable slipping out of her mouth around crunching sharp teeth. 

Her eyes blazed a cold green, shiny with fury.  "My heart was broken by people, mister whoever the hell you are, not by animals.  Why don't you just drink your drink and mind your own damn business?" 

Gavin the bartender watched stealthily cleaning a mug and attempting to hide a smirk.  The little woman was no little woman.  She had a fire that could burn a man up to cinders and a quick fuse. 

Rhindeer

Oh, spirits above. It took every ounce of willpower not to roll his eyes clear into the back of his skull, and even more self control not to answer that first question with a sincere, "Yes." Instead, Sita weathered the outburst with the sort of long-suffering patience of someone who was used to this kind of thing, but found it too ridiculous to be offended, an amused smile tugging at his lips. Boy, had he triggered something in her or what!

Women. And this one seemed to fancy herself some sort of nature faerie.

He rested his chin in his hand as he waited for her to wind down.

"Name's Sita," he supplied when she was done, since she seemed to ask in her own way. "And alright, alright. You're just a little sprite at one with the spirits of the forest, communin' with nature, runnin' with the wolves, dancin' with the deer. Whatever ya say, miss." He took a long gulp from his ale.

Sounded like he was going to need it.

Sumae

Sumae finished feeding the pup and didn't even bother to look up at him again.  He was just another man who thought that he knew everything there was to know about people by looking.  She shook her head a bit at it, because quite frankly it was sad. 

"Not a sprite.  Just a woman.  Good evening, Sita."  She settled the pup back into her bag and adjusted it on her hip.  She stood up to leave but was interrupted by a rather drunk man bumping into her and falling into a table to her right.  He spun around with rage in his eyes.

"Waaatsshh whuur yerr gooin' youuu littlle cuunnt"  He stood there glaring at her with his hands balled into fists.  Sumae rolled her eyes at him and reached her left arm back protectively over the bag with the pup and her right arm out in front of her defensively over her ribs.  She settled easily onto the balls of her feet in perfect challenge stance.

"Pardon me, but I think you are the one who needs to watch where their walking.  Shouldn't you be at home doing something else?  Perhaps giving your wife a good beating then, after all that's what good for nothing drunkards do.  If you even managed to rope some poor women into marrying your sorry self."  Her words were cool and perfectly calm.  Her face never changed.  But her muscles were outlined in steady preparation.  If he wanted to get froggy, he was sadly mistaken.

"Whaaa' di' yooouuu jusshh say to mee?"  He took two wobbly steps towards her and swung.  The punch was wide and open and though powerful, particularly slow.  Before he could land it she brought her right arm up, blocking the swing with her forearm, and then extended her arm out, imagining her fists going straight through his head, neatly decking him in the nose with a good bit of strength as she extended her whole body using her hip and back for more power.

He fell on his ass with a loud thud and a howl.  A table of men sitting to her left suddenly stood up and began shouting and rushing at her.  Great  she thought a brawl.  Just what I needed

There were five men in total besides the one clutching his broken nose on the ground.  She stepped to the side so as to have more room and picked up an empty chair.  The first two men rushed her and she drove the chair legs into one's belly, then swinging the chair to the side and knocking the other in the head.  She then stood crouched waiting for the other three, her posture ready and her face calm.

((OOC: Thought a brawl would be fun, and might put them on the same page :3))

Rhindeer

[ooc: Bwahaha! Yay for brawls!]

As much as Sita thought the lady was just a silly girl, being silly was her worst offense and that was hardly an offense at all. So when a drunk, grown-ass man stumbled into her and things got violent? Well, granted, the girl could have held her tongue for that certainly didn't help matters, but go figure--what did she know? That man, on the other hand? Oh, fuck no. He should know better. That would just not abide.

The drunkard pulled his arm back to swing at the girl, and Sita was on his feet in a flash, but not before the girl took the drunk out with a well-placed fist to the nose.

Blinking in surprise, Sita stared at her for a good moment, eyes wide and mouth agape. But before he could fully process what he'd just witnessed, five men from a neighboring table decided to join in.

There wasn't much time to think after that; thinking was for later, acting was for now.

While missy there took out two men with a chair, a third man decided to take a shot at her from behind, and it was that man that Sita narrowed in on. Grabbing his tankard from the table, Sita sloshed the remaining ale into the face of one man, blinding him with the stinging alcohol, then swung the tankard hard and clocked him over the head. He crumpled like a rag doll, and Sita stepped over him to put his back to the girl's, guarding her rear. (And besides, even he knew better to get in the way of a flailing chair in a brawl, woman or not.)

"Some men y'all are, threatened by a woman," he growled, dropping the tankard and raising his fists. "Didn't realize your Adelan ballsacks were so damned thin."

Sumae

((OOC: Adelan ballsacks bahahaha!))

Sumae felt Sita move over to where she was and put his back to hers.  A little surprised but working with him she moved as he moved.  The fight was over in no time and Sumae didn't even damage the chair.  When Sita started yelling about thin genitals Sumae couldn't help but snort in rather unladylike laughter, not that she cared whether or not she seemed lady like.  Everyone in the bar was staring at the two of them and the puppy in the bag was rustling around and making odd squeaky barking sounds.

She turned towards the man and held out her hand.  "Thanks, I should probably leave before someone else challenges the fair lady to a duel.  I appreciate you having my back" 

Who would have thought that the close minded know it all would watch her back in a bar fight?  She was tired though, the long day carting the caravan up and down rocky roads and hills was catching up to her.  Her muscles were screaming at her.  All she wanted to do was curl up in her little cart and sleep for about a week.  She would be fine in the morning, but for now she was truly tired.

Rhindeer

Soon it was over, and there were six men off licking their wounds, some flopping into chairs while a few slunk out the door with their tails between their legs. Sita grinned and wiped his lip, which was split and bloody. That last man had a mean left hook, he'd give him that; he'd gotten a little cocky and hadn't seen it coming. But he liked to think he'd given far better than he'd got, so there was that.

He took a deep breath and shook out his fists, then grinned over at the lady. He gave a short grunt. "Hm. Alright. So ya know how to handle yourself," he admitted, and fancied that if she lived alone like she said, then it made sense she might need to know how to defend herself. Still didn't seem right to him, still wasn't proper, but he'd give her that.

He reached out to clasp her hand, but stopped when he released that was the one he'd wiped his blood all over. Grimacing, he offered her his left hand instead. "Well done. Just wouldn't make a habit of that."

Unfortunately, after a fight like that, he realized he wouldn't be able to stay here, room or no room. The remaining men were eying him now, including some of the ones he'd punched; he'd drawn way too much attention and staying would just be asking for trouble.

Releasing the girl's hand, he picked up the discarded tankard, righted a chair or two, and turned for the door.

That was when he heard it. A panicked whinnying.

"Bloody hell!"

Sita bolted out the door just in time to see that one of the men had unhitched Gesha and must have given him a good spook because he was galloping away like there were wolves nipping at his heels. Now their attention was on the girl's caravan; they clearly planned on sabotaging it, not realizing that it was bespelled.

Sumae

Sumae went to follow Sita outside when she felt the magic around her caravan call to her.  She rushed outside thinking to maybe stop what was going to happen but, it was too late, the poor fools.

Three men were standing around her caravan, one had already reached out to open it up.  As soon as his skin touched the caravan it started to vibrate, there was a clinking noise and a very large jar with what looked like hundred of tiny spiders inside.  The jar opened and the spiders all rushed out...towards the men.

Sumae stood back and watched as the men screamed bloody murder and began running with spiders crawling all over them.  The bites would be only mildly poisonous.  They'd be very uncomfortable for a couple of days, and particularly itchy.

"Good thing those are easy to collect around this Forest.  Common swamp spiders.  I'll have to restock up on them.  Your horse shouldn't be too far off," she said to Sita.  She turned in the direction that the horse had gone, cupped her hands around her mouth, and made a rather impressive horse sound.  After a couple of minutes the sound of hooves coming towards them could be heard. 

Rhindeer

That was...a disturbing sight, to say the very least.

Sita wasn't squeamish about insects or anything; doing his line of work, living rough, you got real friendly with bugs and learned to only fear the bad ones and respect the good ones. That, however? Watching a bunch of grown men get swarmed upon by a mass of biting spiders? Sita shuddered and, for one split instant, felt sorry for the stupid bastards.

The second passed quickly, and then he figured they got what was coming and the fuckers better not have hurt his horse or spiders would be a kindness after what he did to them.

He snorted at her words. "They deserved that," he said, and with a sigh, he got ready to go after Gesha. He knew his horse well, having caught him himself as a young stallion; he wouldn't be far, indeed, and he knew his way home, but it was still a pain in the ass--huh?

The girl made that sound, and no sooner had she done it than Gesha came trotting back, happy as if he'd never been chased off. Sita stared for a moment, then gave the girl a flat look.

"...Sure ya ain't some nature pixie or somethin'?"

Sumae

At his last words she grinned and then threw her head back and laughed. 

"No, I told you I grew up my entire life among the wild.  I can do the same with wild horses if it suits me.  I carry my own caravan out of stubbornness.  Though, that might be changing soon, my stubbornness is waning to my discomfort.  I've traveled all day and that caravan is at least fifty pounds.  Ah, but I promised the bar keeper to make him a package for his granddaughter.  Apparently, the poor thing has a cough that wont go away."

She walked over to the caravan whistling cheerfully and opened up the front of it, pinning the flap back and reaching in to rustle around with some jars, a basket, and some material and a few gemstones.

"All right, all right, here we are.  A jar of fresh natural honey with the honey comb will sooth her throat and chest, some mint infused tea which will clear up all the gunk and speed healing, and a few gemstones to weave into a necklace.  Aventurine, clear quartz, and bloodstone, yes, yes, that'll do nicely."  She did a bit of odd fingering as she weaves the stones together with some leather cording and they glowed briefly a faint healthy pink color as she murmured in a sing song voice over them.  "A nice gentle healing charm, and the little poppet should be good as new in a few days time."  She smiles and arranged her basket together, sliding in a pretty flowers that she kept with her to sell to children.

She turned back with the basket hung over her arm and smiled at Sita "interested in buying anything?  My strength is in my healing charms."

Rhindeer

Soon Gesha was back, and Sita was quick to greet his horse and check him over for injury, while Gesha nosed his head and attempted to eat his hair. Snorting, Sita pushed the gelding's head away, but not before the horse had thoroughly slimed a section of his hair, making it stand up stiffly.

"Ugh...yeah, yeah, I missed ya too, for the whole three minutes ya was gone," Sita muttered, but he rubbed his velvety nose fondly.

As the girl spoke, Sita arched a skeptical brow. She could do that with wild horses? He had to bite his tongue to keep from speaking; he trained, broke, and sold wild horses for a living, and this little wood fairy here thought she could do his job for him with a few horse noises?

Fortunately, she moved to go tend to her caravan, saving him from saving what was on his mind, and he finished doting on Gesha while she worked.

When she was done, however, he eyed her basket curiously. Whatever she was, he couldn't deny she had some gift or other, and healing charms? Well, if they worked, those could potentially be very handy.

"Healin' charms, eh?" he said, rubbing Gesha's neck. "What kind can ya make? And how much they run?"

Sumae

Sumae settled the basket more comfortably on her arm, laughing softly at the hair that stood straight up on his head from the affectionate greeting from his horse, and began to explain, "pretty much any illness or aches and pains I can deal with, if it's some kind of mental issue thats a case by case basis.  But, if its only something physically wrong I can fix something up for it.  Like the bartenders granddaughter.  She has a cough that wont go away.  Everything I've put together in here will help but the healing charm I put on the necklace will sit directly on her throat and chest where the problem is and the magic will speed the healing."

She smiled and stepped back onto the porch of the tavern, "I better go deliver this to Gavin.  If you're interested let me know and I'll see what I can do for you."

Rhindeer

Sita was about to ask if she could also make charms for horses, but she was well on her way inside by then. He nodded for her to go on ahead. "Ya got my interest, miss. Go on ahead, deliver your stuff. I got some questions for ya when you're done."

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc had spent much of the day talking to the Thunderblack elder dragons. They didn't know him, as Thunderblacks had a horrible habit of getting killed, and that meant this generation were fairly young. He had slept for a few thousand years and these dragons were only about 80 years old. He made talks, visited the sites of old, and decided to visit two old enemies of his. Overall he knew they were dead. But he wanted to see where they had buried. If only that cougar hadn't been stupid enough to not hear him. Cougars were good sports for a chase. Sheep and horses were poor, too big or bulky to give a good chase. Cougars were swift, and made fun prey. Not filling, like horse, or sheep, but nice to eat. They had a certain unique taste that was indescribable.

On his way back to Draconis Forest he sorted out four fights between stupid teenage dragons who fought simply to attract females for sex. Hormone driven idiots who thought they stood a chance against him. He had found no interest in attracting mates simply for sex. He was as untouched as some of the maidens townspeople thought he wanted to steal. The fact these humans had offered a virgin to him as sacrifice was poor. Had these modern dragons and their fathers seriously stolen human virgins? As trophies? Pathetic.

Visiting the burial sites of the old adversaries was good. He had taken the time to piss on their graves, making some sort of vengeance for his long lost friends. He hated these men, and the dragons they rode. Rubyria and Emeraldia, sisters and life long enemies, dragons of the Adelan and Connlaothian commanders respectively. He had killed both girls in the battle of Draconis Forest, he had flamed Rubyria, and ripped Emeraldia's throat out. Power hungry bitches.

He finished a prayer for his fallen friends and took flight. As he surveyed the landscape, he saw a small village. Perhaps they would remember the old signals. He flew high, just under the clouds, let out a low call, and began a descent. Except it went horribly wrong. He felt his right wing tense and spasm. A cramp mid flight, and when he was on a descent? Shit. Hold on. A cramp? Damn he must have been old, to be getting cramps. He spiralled out of the sky messily, and smacked into the ground, just in front of an inn. Not an amazing entrance but he couldn't apologise, he wouldn't admit he was old. He let out a low moan as he picked himself up.

Sumae

Sumae smiled after Sita nodding in agreement and then stepped back into the tavern long enough to give Gavin the basket and explain to him how everything worked.  She was just stepping out of the tavern to speak to Sita about her wares when out of the sky there came a falling figure and a crash as he fell onto the ground in a heap.

"What in the world?" Sumae explained as she rushed forward towards him.  She muttered something under her breath, a quick defensive spell in case the thing was hostile.  If she was struck the damage would be minimal.  It was a temporary defensive barrier.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

Rhindeer

That was not something you saw everyday.

And frankly, it about scared the shit out of Sita.

His people were quite familiar with dragons, and he wished not to be. They were notorious for attacking horses, and for that he despised them as much as he feared them.

His first instinct was to secure Gesha, who gave a frightened whinny and danced nervously--but that was when Sumae did the unthinkable.

She walked straight up to the thing.

"Sumae! Dammit, girl!"

Moving fast, he put himself between the girl and the dragon, arms out to hold her back. "Whaddya think you're doin'? Get inside!"

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc stared at the interaction and laughed. Humans wanted to protect the women of their species, dragons wanted to see that their mate could hold her own against a foe. If a mate couldn't do that, she was unsuited to the task. He was curious enough to sniff at them and inquire the purpose of doing this. "Why do you not allow her to defend herself, prove her capabilities, it makes logical sense to see if you interest in her is justified and that even if you courted her you would not have to constantly defend her?" He lied down so he was closer to their level.