Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Little Village Called Blackmoore ((OPEN Please Join In!))

Started by Sumae, April 30, 2013, 09:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sumae

When Sita pushed Sumae back she was off balance for a moment and then she quickly reached out and grabbed Sita's arm.  Her defensive spell would wash over him by her extension and she willed it so.  It was not a hostile spell, just a defensive one so as not to offend the dragon, only in the circumstance that it was violent would it do anything other be a protective barrier.  As the spell washed over Sita to who would be feeling some sort of sensation, most likely a warm prickeling which could be starteling so Sumae squeezed his arm in reassurance.

"Sita stop, it's okay.  You can't just go storming in front of people like that, I know what I'm doing.  You don't have any defensive magic to help you, I do.  So long as you keep contact with my skin you do.  I told you I grew up in the forests and the wild, I've come into contact with dragons before.  Not all of them are hostile to humans.  Excuse me, please." 

Still keeping her hand softly on his arm she stepped around him, giving him a reassuring smile and addressed the dragon.

"Our race is a male dominated one, and our females are precious because of our fertility.  We are not typically born to be fighters, it is instinctual for our males to protect us whether we be claimed by them are not.  It is looked down upon for a male not to step in front of danger to protect a female, it is simply an instinctive custom. 

The magic I am using is defensive only, but I also have healing magic.  Are you hurt?  I can help you, if you are."  She kept her voice clear and even toned, polite.  Dragons could be very stubborn about manners.  She didn't quite meet his eyes so as not to challenge him, instead keeping her gaze calmly on his face.

Rhindeer

"W-what?" Not only could the beast talk, but what was it implying there? He wasn't sure which was more surprising, and for a moment he felt tongue-tied--and not just because of all that, but also because, well...what the fuck was he going to do here? He couldn't take on a dragon, and was guaranteed to be cut to ribbons if it came down to it. Still, seeing the girl protected was more important--

...Even if she was bound and determined not to let him.

Before he could protest, he felt the wave of warmth rush through him, making the hair on his arms and back of his neck prickle and stand on end. He'd never dealt much with magic, but the sensation was proof enough.

Well, fine. If she wanted to try to reason with the monster, then so be it. He stood there, watching and listening, and she would probably feel how tense the muscles of his arm were beneath her hand. At the slightest hint of danger, he was pulling them both the hell out of here, animal-speaker or not.

Still, he rather liked and agreed with her assessment.

Though, to be fair... "Eh. Most human men couldn't tackle a dragon," he added. "Ain't nothin' to prove 'cept one's stupidity."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Brisinger987

He remembered a fact he had ignored for the last few days as it became habit. He had thrown up a ball of magma, coughed out chunks of soot, and sneezed fireballs the last few days. The only thing that made him remember was the inconsiderate urge to be sick. And he had eaten lots of rocks to try and quell the symptoms. He had eaten part of a block of granite the other day. That would probably come straight back up now. "Ah, of course. Now I might ention now, I have been severely ill these last few days. Not communicable between anything except other dragons. But I recommend you stand back, unless you would like to burned alive. I am about to be sick."

He took several dragon sized paces back, and felt the hot liquid run into his mouth. Only it was open. Magma poured onto the ground, the haze of pure heat visible. A few pieces of grass caught fire. That was granite magma. Wonderful. He wouldn't ask for help. He was not that ill. His entire body may have been working against him, but he would live. Hopefully.

Brisinger987

((ooc: Sorry, that post wasn't complete, or rather wasn't good enough to be repliable.))

He stared at his mess and decided that he would need to put it out. He inhaled deeply and let a breath of cool air flow over the magma, which cooled and solidified. He lied on his stomach to get comfy. He wanted to talk to the lovely people. "So, now that small unnatural bout passed, my name is Veraxitoc, I'm the guardian of these lands. Might I ask your names?" He stretched his cramped wing repeatedly, until the pain left.

Sumae

"When the dragon began to spew liquid fire in an accidental sickness she quickly grabbed Sita and pulled him with her to the ground, strengthening her defenses so that a visible sheer dome formed around them.  The gem stones adorning her clothes and body began to glow and though the dragon  moved away so as to not hurt them with it some of the lava bile flowed towards them.  Thankfully Sumae's shield held and it simply flowed around her and Sita until it finally hardened into steaming rock.

When it was safe Sumae dropped the shield with a sigh of relief, feeling her fatigue make her waver a bit, forcing her to clutch Sita's arm tighter.  She wasn't invincible after all.  Attempting to shake it off she answered the dragons question.

"I am Sumae and this is Sita.  If you don't mind my saying so a dragon of your age needs to start incorporating other things into his diet to avoid certain problems.  I have a few herbs that I can enchant for you that will help you a bit, but for long term aid you'll need to go to the ginger fields and start eating the plants there.  It will help you break down what you eat so that you wont feel so sick."

Rhindeer

Crouching low, heart in his throat, Sita stared in horror as the magma flowed around them, the only thing stopping it from melting their flesh being that thin, magical barrier. But then the magma cooled and the barrier dropped, and only when it was over did Sita realize he'd been holding his breath. He let it out slowly and sucked in air, feeling a little shaky all over.

Dragons. He did not fucking like dragons, and never before had he been so close to one. Spirits, he hated Adela.

He listened in disbelief as Sumae counseled the dragon on diet and, feeling her hand tightening on his arm, he reached over and gave her hand a light pat.

"Uh...yeah. What she said." He glanced over at Sumae, eyebrows raised, then looked back to the dragon. "So, er, ya should probably run off--fly off?--and go do that now."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc thought for a second. One human seemed frightened. The male. He smelled of fear, and he seemed nervous. "This incident is of no concern to me. I have grown ill after several centuries of sleep, and must merely allow my own body to cure me. Dragons have a rock to eat for all known illnesses. I simply know not what illness I have. Slate for dragon flu, marble for scale-spot. No healing herbs required, my dear herbalist. Or are you a mage? Ah, it matters little to me. I know you are friend, and that is enough for me. But you, male. Sita was it? You seem eager for me to leave? Why? I have caused no harm. I a merely examining my domain. I am only frightening because of stigma attached to my fellow Thunderblack cousins, not me. I am not here to harm. So why do you seem frightened?" He realised he had spoken of much just then. But plants were never a solution. There was surely a type of rock to ease his symptoms. Even if it was bedrock. He leaned in and sniffed at Sita, trying to respect the man as much as possible.

Sumae

"Rocks are a part of a dragons diet, a very large part, but it shouldn't be the only thing in a dragons diet especially one of age.  Do you know of Liam The Auld?  He lives far from here, but I encountered him once when I was very young.  He saved me from some bandits, and showed me a few ways to care for myself.  In exchange he had me gather him some herbs that he needed.  He didn't like the taste of them very much but they aided him in being able to digest those rocks that he did like to eat.  If anything I am a doctor with some enchanting and defensive magical skills.  I seem to have some magical gifts with animals as well.  They always respond to my call.  That is the extent that I go.

Sita here is displaying a typical human reaction to danger.  While you may not mean harm, you look like you could be harmful in a very serious way.  He has no working knowledge of dragons other than the fact that dragons are dangerous.  He is only concerned."

She turned to Sita and smiled reassuringly, "Really Sita, it's all right.  If he had wanted to harm us he would've done so before now."

Rhindeer

Sita held very, very still when the dragon sniffed at him, though Sumae would probably be able to feel his muscles tense to the point of trembling. His mind went blank while he struggled to find some answer--and part of him found it hysterically funny, that he was thinking of how to properly talk to a dragon--but Sumae rescued him from having to answer.

He laughed, a shaky sound. "Ain't frightened, just...uh..." He grinned at Sumae, though it was more just a showing a teeth. "Mildly uncomfortable."

Looking over his shoulder, he looked for Gesha and found the gelding stamping nervously near the building. He looked back to the dragon. "Ya don't eat horses, do ya?"

Brisinger987

"Usually." Veraxitoc spoke with a cold tone, watching their expressions.

Then he began to chuckle, and laugh at the man's rather worried expression, while he knew the truth. He had never eaten horse, and never planned to. Horses were vile creatures, and he refused to eat them, out of a snobby sense of pride. He would eat sheep, cow, pig. But horses were nothing but tough muscle, bone, and a rather large unsavoury piece of meat. And he simply was too proud to eat them. Sheep had loads of fat and meat on them. So did cows, and pigs. Cows were good for quelling the sickening foam that eating certain types of rocks caused. Rather, any creature with a large or multiple stomachs.

"I jest, never would I eat horse. Not enough meat, too tough to chew. And before you come out with, oh, rocks are chewy, dragons swallow the rocks whole or crush them. We are an intelligent race and have discovered horse is not a good meal." The last part of that was a lie. Most dragons liked horse. But he was picky. He wouldn't eat anything male, except for dangerous animals. And if he did, he roasted them on the way down. But his pride issue made him reluctant to eat anything with a package. Never.

Aeytrious

The sound of a dragon crashing and then retching magma is of course going to draw some attention. Rit stepped from the tavern with a couple other patrons. The mortals were of course dumb struck at the sight of the dragon. Rit found the entire situation to be amusing. He had initially been watching this all play out from a portal hidden in his mug of ale. This view was much better. The laughs were sure to be abundant.

In the usual Rit fashion he called something from nothing, and offered his new made treat to the man next to him. "Would you like some popcorn? Don't worry. That's butter on it, not saliva."

((ooc: LULZ!))
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Sumae

Sumae smiled at the dragons words. 

"Horse can be pretty tough," she agreed with amusement, "but eating only rocks are like humans only ever eating meat without eating their vegetables.  It isn't healthy for us and eventually it makes us sick.  Will you be staying in this area or are you traveling?  You really should go to the ginger fields and eat the plants there, I promise it will help your stomach digest your food.  Think about it, at least." 

Rhindeer

OOC: xD *bops!*

Sita paled at the dragon's words and laughter, only relaxing (marginally) when the dragon said he didn't eat horse. Still, how much could one trust a dragon? If it wasn't for stubborn pride and an old fashioned sense of responsibility keeping him close to Sumae, he would have gone to Gesha and gotten him the hell out of here.

"That's, uh, good to know," was all he said, sticking close to the girl with his posture still tense and rigid.

Brisinger987

He thought for a moment. Liam the Auld? He remembered that name? It rung warning bells in his head. Oh. THAT Liam the Auld. The dragon that was one with a nasty habit of brewing poison. Or was that Liam the Cauldron? He remembered a nerdy little dragon who constantly studied plants. He couldn't remember, and for that reason, he made a note to not go.

"I will consider it. In the mean time, perhaps some quartz will soothe the illness." It was only a fools hope. Dragons rarely ate quartz. It was like caviar, but with a cure-for-everything potion mixed in. Only some types of disease couldn't be cured if a dragon ate quartz. But it was so hard to find.

Sumae

"I have a bit of quartz here with me, I'll gladly exchange it for a promise of friendship and perhaps a favor if I ever needed one later on down the line."  Sumae offered.  The townspeople were all gathering outside.  The appearance of a dragon was making them nervous.  She stepped even closer to the dragon casually, making a show of it so that people would see that he wasn't dangerous.

Rhindeer

OOC: Go ahead and skip Sita, guys. ;D He'd just be doing some more awkward staring. xD

Brisinger987

"That sounds like a fair deal to me. Friendship and a favour. I would shake your hand on it, but, I have paws." Veraxitoc made bland humour from nothing. What could he really do? He was the last of his kind after all. The crowd gathering would be curious to see him