Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Welcome to the Jungle (Rhi)

Started by wolfie, May 04, 2013, 05:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

It took Hael a moment then he realized what she was talking about. He chuckled and shook his head sighing. He had forgotten than animal took everything literal not like humans.

"No no, its just a saying. It means I want to see the world through your eyes. I want to experience what you do in a day," he said explaining. He had a feeling he would be doing this quite often if he didn't watch what he said.

Rhindeer

Raxta was swiftly deciding that this man made no sense. Still, she motioned for him to follow as she began to walk on ahead, trusting he would catch up as she headed through the foliage and toward the river.

"Why are you so interested in how I live?" she asked, and glanced back at him over her shoulder. "Also understand I can't, and won't, show you everything. You're not like me. You can't do everything I do."

It wasn't meant as an insult, just a blunt statement of fact. But besides that, she just wasn't willing to show him the full scope of her territory. She was far too private for that.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

wolfie

Hael walked behind her letting her lead he thought this a good idea. She spoke he listened it was easy enough. He kept up as well as possible.

"Animals fascinate me they are much easier to understand than any human. I grew up in a forest surrounded by animals, but not the same ones in the jungle I'm interested in you because you are the first one I've met," he said then heard what she said about not showing him everything.

"I understand there are thing you can do that I won't ever be able to. I'm human whether I want to be or not. No animal has ever shared everything with me I expect no different from you."

Rhindeer

"Good," Raxta said. "I'm glad we have that understanding."

With a flick of her tail, she picked up her pace and lead the way through the dense, humid jungle. Eventually, the sound of water could be heard over the chatter of birds and screeching of monkeys, and when she parted some low-hanging branches, there it was--a wide, clear river with a swift current. However, it was shallow at this part, so there wasn't really a risk of being swept away.

It also meant it was too swift for the biting fish.

"The river," she said, announcing the obvious in case he missed it.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

wolfie

"It always helps when we can understand," he said following her still. Eventually they got to the river. When she said the obvious he just nodded not saying a word. Sometimes silence was best something he had learned growing up.

"What do you like best about the river?"

Rhindeer

Raxta gave him an odd look.

"I..." That was one of the strangest questions she'd been asked. She motioned vaguely in the water's direction, not quite sure how to answer that. Were all humans so dim? That was like asking what she liked best about water--which was, essentially, what he'd asked. "It's...a river."

She let her shoulders slouch and tried to be more helpful in her answer. "I like swimming in it. And drinking from it. Do rivers have another function where you come from? That is a very strange question."

wolfie

"Well I am a strange guy so strange questions do come," he said chuckling a little. It wasn't the first time he had been called that. He also didn't think it would be the last either.

"Those along with cooking some food. We also fish if any are there so we can eat them. Some bathe in it. I've seen fires doused with water as well," he said imparting some of his knowledge about water.

"Do you swim well?"

Rhindeer

Raxta continued to stare at him as though he were very dense. Clearly he did not realize that she wasn't being literal in her questioning.

"I...know that." And yet he was imparting that knowledge onto her as though it were some profound wisdom.

While she had been uneasy around him at first, she was starting to grow a little insulted. Maybe it wasn't that he was dense at all; perhaps he thought her stupid.

The end of her tail twitched a little quicker, and she deigned not to answer his revelations. "I swim very well," she said. "Do you?"

wolfie

Hael heard what she said about knowing all that. He thought that strange of an animal, but then looked at her again realizing she wasn't just some animal. This one could pass as a human. He saw her tail twitch.

"I do okay swimming not as good as you maybe," he said not sure if he wanted to prove that. He was better on the land than in water nobody had really ever taught him to swim. He looked awful when it came to that.

"Is the river safe or do I have to worry about snakes?" He asked knowing she was the one to ask. This was her territory. If he wasn't careful she would leave and he would have to learn on his own. It was something he could do, but would rather not.

Rhindeer

Raxta laughed at the question. "Here? It's usually safe," she said, motioning to the swift waters. "Too shallow to swim, though. But I would still be careful if you're thinking of going in--there are sometimes anaconda."

wolfie

Hael was glad to learn it was safe, but heard the usually part of it too. He sighed wondering if he could ever just relax instead of worry about what in his surroundings would kill him. He had a feeling the only way that would work if he was either six feet under or living in some village. Both which he refused to do.

"What's an anaconda? I don't remember seeing one in the forest areas. Naw don't need any water right now," he said being the curious guy he usually was. He had a bad feeling it was a snake as he had asked about those. Animals, especially the ones he talked to, had a way of being ironic.

Rhindeer

"You don't know?"

Raxta's eyes lit up and she looked to the water. Kind of reminded her of when her mother had first told her about it--at first in jest to scare her into behaving, and then in all seriousness. They were a very real threat.

"They're a large snake," she said, and stretched out her arms. "A very large snake. Larger than the both of us together, and large enough that it could eat either of us. They like to swim in the water."

She gave a little shudder. "If it can wrap around you, it can kill you and swallow you. I've seen it take monkeys, deer...even jaguars." She shrugged. "Sometimes they win, sometimes you win. I think it's better not to chance it."

wolfie

"No sorry I don't think I know this one. I'm still learning many things about animals," he said before looking to the water as well. He heard what she said looking back at her. She motioned with her hands the length. He was more and more glad he had the chance to learn from her.

"Wow yeah I agree better not to chance it on that. I know not to talk to hungry animals that ends up bad," he said not sure what was next. He figured he would just follow her lead.

Rhindeer

Raxta laughed at that, a rich sound. "That's generally a good idea," she said with a grin, "even if they're not dangerous. Hungry creatures are cranky creatures."

wolfie

Hael liked hearing her laugh. He wasn't sure but thought maybe she could be a new friend. He just had to make sure not to offend her. That wasn't always easy to do with animals.

"Yeah I've seen my fair share of cranky creatures before feeding time. It's the dangerous ones that worry me. I take it your mate doesn't mind you hanging out with some human guy?"

Rhindeer

"My mate?" Raxta blinked at that statement, head tilted. "What mate?"

And then she laughed again, bright and thoroughly amused by his assumption. "I don't have a mate," she said with a grin, baring large fangs. "Not yet. My kind, we're a quiet, solitary people, and I'm in no rush."

wolfie

It relieved Hael to hear he wouldn't have to worry about some male coming out of the bushes and trying to harm him. He was trying his hardest not to show that though. He didn't want her seeing him fear anything even though she could be considered a dangerous animal.

"I understand that well. I'm the same way," he said not sure what else to say. He was enjoying his time by the river. He still listened to what was around him trying to keep his hide where it belonged.

Rhindeer

Noting his tension--for as a predator, she was more aware than most as to the body cues of others--Raxta laid a hand lightly on his shoulder.

"Relax," she said with a smile. "You're tense. If you act like prey, you'll be perceived as prey."

wolfie

"It's kind of hard not to be considered prey. I'm not exactly the top of the food chain here. For all I know you could be leading me to a secret place later and devouring me," he said joking a little. He was trying to relax, but that didn't come easy to him.

"Have you ever thought of travelling the world seeing what's out there? I feel like I'm looking for something, but I have no idea what," he admitted not sure why he said that to her. She seemed easy enough to talk to.

Rhindeer

Raxta's brow furrowed at his question and she tilted her head. "No..." she said, tail twitching. "Why would I want to leave? There's nothing I need to find that can't be found here."

She folded her arms over her chest and peered at him. "And how can you know you're looking for something if you don't know what it is?"