Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Bucket of Fish

Started by visualspice, May 09, 2013, 09:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Through where? You mean back through the sewer?" He asked with a curious blink. "Maybe.. or we'll have to be careful if we move through this area. The swamp seems deep."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eveline

Nodded and frowned "Well what do you want to do? I mean if we go through the swamp... Maybe we can find a lake or river we can bathe in if we go far enough..." Thought about it carefully, seeming to zone out.

visualspice

Feni'tat also stared off in thought.
"That's not a bad plan, though we'd have to be careful where we step." He said, then gave a laugh once he looked down at his body, covered in mud. "At least we won't have to worry about getting dirty!" and as he smiled at her, it was more apparent that he had even little sticks and pieces of debris jutting out from the muk on his skin, and in his hair.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eveline

The girl groaned inwardly, though smiled slightly at the sight. Leaning forward, Eleni seemed concentrated as she pulled some twigs out of his curly hair, moving the muddy hair away from his face. Smearing the mud on her hands on his cheek with a grin, she finally spoke, "We better start walking then." Her red eyes sparkled and seemed to glow as the sun began its journey down and under the horizon. "Besides you still owe me those flowers don't you?" The smaller girl (she wasn't exactly smaller, she just appeared that way. Perhaps it was her frame) gently pushed him off of her and pulled herself out of the thick, dirty, water.

visualspice

Feni'tat's eyes went crossed as she plucked at a few twigs in his hair, then he laughed as she tried to help is unruly mess of curls. Shaking his head, he shrugged and moved to walk beside her.
"Well, if you see those flowers, or any you like, I'll gladly pick them for you!" the boy said cheerfully as he remained close to her side.

Eveline

Laughed softly as she carefully made her way through the marshes "Thank you, but you don't need to do that, you know. I was just kidding." Pointed out to him.
---
Sorry I haven't been on in so long >_< I'll try to get on more but right now I'm passing out .-.

visualspice

OOC: It's ok! Real life happens so no worries~

------

"Yeah, but I want to!" he assured her as he moved swiftly to keep in pace beside her. "Besides, flowers might add to the nice color of mud shared between us!" ANd at that remark, he gave her an even broader grin.

Eveline

Scoffed Flashing him a grin "Well I doubt we're going to find anything too colorful in these marshes." Tried too keep her balance, holding onto near by trees "I hope we get out of here quickly though. It is getting dark out.." Looked up at the purple painted sky.

visualspice

Following her gaze, Feni'tat frowned.
"Yeah, you're right. It'll make travel a lot more difficult in the dark."
Though as they pushed onward, Feni'tat noticed something.
"Hey.. is that some sort of road sign?"
There appeared to be some sort of sign post jutting out from a mound of dirt not too far from where they were sloshing through the marshes. Though it was crooked, it looked as it might be a fairly reliable resource to give the pair a sense of direction.

At this notion, Feni'tat's spirits perked up as he gave a laugh and took her by the hand, "Come on!" and he helped lead her over there, dragging her the rest of the way out of the slushy grounds and onto a more stable dirt road.

Eveline

The girl blinked, her white lashes fluttering in contrast to her bright red eyes. Noticing the sign, she grinned. The feel of stable dirt beneath her soaked boots felt uncomfortable but better than the slosh from earlier. Before she could do anything, she flexed her fingers that were intertwined with his. The demon girl blinked before letting go. Taking off her boots, Eleni left them next to the sign and wiggled her toes. "Ah, the ground feels nice~"
"Hm, so where to go.." The girl muttered, stretched, and looked  at the sign noticing the name of a town not too far off. Her eyes lit up knowing that there should be woods or something near by. Feeling a little relieved that they might just be able to sleep in peace left a sense of security on the girl. 

visualspice

Feni'tat stared at the sign for some time, trying to read it as he scratched his head.
"It seems the name of the city's been worn off, but it appears if we follow the road down this way," he said, pointing down a wooded path. "We might be able to find out what sort of town it is."
Assuming that the road DID lead to a city.

Eveline

"Perhaps..." Eleni thought for a bit, before sighing, "If we don't find a river or lake... I hope they do not mind the smell... Or mud." A blithe smile made it's way onto her muddied face. She picked up her boots and started down the road, stretching a bit. They needed to find a lake. Her usually soft, white hair was slicked back in clumps by muck; her pale face was smeared with mud and powdered with dirt. Fen seemed to be about the same... His curly hair now a mess of greasy strands sticking to his forehead.
"How are you always so happy?" She suddenly asked, glancing back at him, "I saw it, by the way. The look on your face. You've seen things. You said you couldn't remember your past... You don't even seem to know what you are. I know that feeling all too well... So then, I wonder, how can you be so happy? You're always smiling or clinging onto something..."
Then it daunted on her....
The girl stopped walking, moving her heavy boots to her other hand as she held out her now free one for him to hold. Her hands had some dirt and mud smeared on it as well, but still she wiggled her fingers waiting for him to take it. She couldn't remember actually offering to give him a hug or anything. He just went on and did things, pouncing on her and catching her off guard. This time, she was the one offering something; offering to walk beside him and let him hold her hand or grab her arm.

visualspice

"Oh..." Feni'tat's blue eyes grew large and were positively shining at such an idea. "Yes! A river or lake! FOR SWIMMING!" he shouted enthusiastically, even going so far as giving an ecstatic punch to the air. "We could swim and catch fish then cook the fish and-"
But then her question was pressed and his words halted in their rambling as he gave a curious look her way.

"Always happy?" He gave another smile. "But why wouldn't I be happy?" But the she called him out on something,a nd instead of seeming at all affected by it, he kept on smiling. Though he gave a simply shrug. "I don't know. It seems better than mopping around, doesn't it?" And still smiling he looked her over.
"And... whatever it is... is in my past I... well, perhaps it can just be left there. The future is what we make of it, or so I've heard. So I'm just going to keep on smiling,a nd keep on looking to that future." Because at least that, he hoped, he could control....

Then upon seeing her hand offered out, he blinked at it curiously, as if not quite sure what it was, but then upon realizing what she was doing, he gave a happy yip and took her hand into his own, larger warm one.

"Come on! Let's run out into the woods! Maybe instead of finding a town, we can find that river or lake!" he said happily, trying to coax her to follow along.

Eveline

He had such a different way of things... It intrigued her. New was nice. She has most deffinately smiled before, plenty of times even, but she couldn't bring herself to be like him. She couldn't remember the days where she was given affection; she couldn't remember a time when she wasn't constantly running... Sometimes she didn't even know why. Perhaps it was because, like this time, she wasn't safe in a place... Eleni simply couldn't stand settling down. She ended up raising herself on the streets; always running, always hiding. That night... That one night when she had killed a man. Another when a village faced her... Voices haunted her sleep, and whispers lived in her head. Bitterness was most of her later childhood. A shell of a girl. Bitterness... Like those... Drinks... Coffee? Did they call it that--? Or like that cocoa drink...
Despite it all, she smiled when she found it appropriate. When having a happy conversation or enjoying a meal or when enthusiastic about something..!
Now, as he grabbed her hand and rambled about going into the woods, she smiled. The woods were familiar. They held food, water, high places to sleep and keep watch... It wasn't a bad idea! Eleni nodded and squeezed his hand, grinning.
"Who needs people anyways-" scoffed, eager to follow.

visualspice

"I don't mind people so much!" he said, casting her a smile from over his shoulder as they made their way through the woods. "I just think about meeting people like you and it makes me smile and want to meet more!"

Eveline

"If I met more people like me I would've lost faith in humanity," joked wryly, letting out a chuckle, "People are good to steal from... Not typically to get close to. Not everyone I meet is nearly as... Friendly as you." Stopped as they made it a decent amount into the thick woods.
"Maybe... I can climb up and see if I can find anything?" She began to let go of his hand, pulling her back. Pulling up her shirt, she tried to wipe most of the mud off onto her stomach. El took a step back and looked around for a tall, sturdy tree, walking over to it as soon as she found one.

visualspice

Feni gave her a smile.
"Well, usually not everyone is as kind as you! But I have found some really nice people as I've traveled from town to town!" he told her excitedly. But as she went about examining a tree, he craned his neck up at it and gaped at how tall it was.
"Are you really going to try to climb that?"

Eveline

"Of course-!" Eleni nodded, grabbing a branch and pulling herself up, "I'll be... Fine..." She bit her lip, lifting a leg and steadying it on another branch. Yup, fine... At least she tried to tell herself that. Once Eleni made it not even ten feet up, she began to shake and laughed nervously. Nope. This was about her one-hundredth attempt at climbing a tree. She did a lot better than the first ninety-nine times at least...!
".....Yes, nothing up here... I'll just... Come down now...." She tried to keep a completely straight face. Instead of returning down like she said, she climbed down a branch and sat down on it, clinging onto the tree as nonchalantly as a person could look clinging onto a tree. You would think after all this time, and how useful high places could be, she would have conquered her fear. Not at all.

visualspice

Feni'tat was mesmerized at how easy she seemed to make it to scale those branches. Shielding his eyes from the sun, he craned his neck as she moved up and up. But then when her task was completed and she told him what she found, he simply gave a nod and watched as she began to ascend...
Except she stopped soon after she began.

"Eleni?" he called up to her, tilting his head curiously. "Are you okay?"

Eveline

Eleni only stayed perched on the branch, holding into the tree with her deathly grip. Looking down never does help but how else was she supposed to get down. Most of the times she would just jump... But...
"I'm fine! I'll just..." Scooting towards the tip of the brach, it bended and crackled under her weight. She jumped outwards, holding her breath and hoping she didn't hit a branch.... Or land on Feni'tat.