Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Bucket of Fish

Started by visualspice, May 09, 2013, 09:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

As they moved down the path, Feni'tat was humming happily to himself, laughing from time to time at the echoes along the walk (which amused him greatly). His child like, care free nature easily kept him in tune, and he was back to humming again, a song he did not recall the words to, as he kept at Eleni's side.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eveline

She looked at her feet as she walked. Becoming more comfortable with the carefree spirit beside her, she bounced a bit in her stride. Lyrics flowed in her head to the tune the other hummed softly and she grinned. Eleni's eyes scanned the dusty ground distractedly. The girl was Glad she was able to push aside the burning sensation in her chest and her questioning thoughts. She let a few lyrics slip from her lips and she paused embarrassedly before continuing like nothing had happened.

visualspice

He paused in his humming when she began to sing and smiled brightly.
"Hey.. do you know the words to that song?" he asked, reaching out and gently placing a hand upon her shoulder. "I recall my mother singing it to me when I was little, but never the words." His smile brightened as he looked at her. "Would you be able to sing that song for me?" he asked curiously, his eyes bright as the afternoon sky.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eveline

She blinked at him, clearly surprised. "Oh, no... I can not... I mean, I can't sing very well..." She looked at him embarrassedly. She frowned slightly, feeling a bit bad. She felt his hand on her shoulder and thought for a bit "But... I can teach you the lyrics...?" She looked at him with an apologetic, lopsided smile.

visualspice

Feni'tat blinked at her.
"But I just heard you." And his smile broadened. "I thought you sung very nicely."
But then at the mention of teaching him the lyrics, he gasped and moved forward, taking her hands as his blue eyes widened at the prospect.
"You could do that!?" he said, eyes shining brightly. "Why that would be.. be.. well.. wonderful! Fantastic!" he said, giving an enthusiastic thump of his foot and a laugh. "I would love to learn! It's been ages since I heard the song and the fact I didn't know the words has driven me crazy. Something about the red bird in the spring I think, and the last smells of a fading winter.."
He tapped his lower lip in thought, his blue eyes casting skyward as he mulled it over.

"Somewhere there's a red bird' song, she sings well into the morning.. " he began, not really recalling the rest of the verse, but it was evident he was trying really hard to remember it as he hummed the next few beats of the song.

Eveline

the girl shook her head at his compliment. She thought about the lyrics as he hummed the tune. "And you can still feel the icy breeze, as winter fades into Spring..." she sang hesitantly, amused at how hard he was trying to remember the lyrics

-------
A/N
Sorry this sucks more than usual, I've been writing all day. I'm brain dead x_x

visualspice

"And the smell of freshness grace his wings. Then that redbird tweets, and takes to the sky, calling forth the sunlight." He tapped his hands in rhythm, smiling as he sang along, seeming to recall only fragments of the song here and there, then went into humming as he could not recall the next line of the song.

Eveline

So there they were. Singing. Down the river. She taught him the next line, singing it proudly. Then the line after that, and after that...! It seemed that moment lasted ages. Finally, she let go of what was happening around her and forgot about her worries, only melting into the moment. It felt good.

"Sing loudly, hear his song ring through the valley! Can you hear him, his gracefulness enchanting; and yet Im just beginning..!" she took in a breath "Somewhere there's a young girl's song, I sing it into the morning.." She finished

visualspice

Singing along with her brought back so many memories from his past. Not everything from his past Feni'tat wanted to be forget, but as the last note was sung, he found himself turning to her and met her eyes. It was only then he realized how close he was to her as his face heated up into a blush.

"Hey, you sing nice." he informed her, a smile growing across his face as he happily closed his eyes. "Now hopefully I can remember all those lyrics." And he started to hum the song again.

Eveline

As their eyes met, her face flushed. She didn't remember being so close.... As he complemented her, she took a step back into the stone wall trying to calm her blush. Eleni simply nodded and smiled slightly as he closed his eyes to hum.

visualspice

The pair had made it to the edge of the city once they had finished their song, and Feni'tat paused a moment to observe the iron gate that blocked passage on this side of town. He figured he could fly over it, as it would be a difficult wall to climb, but turned over to Eleni.
"Er, perhaps we should try another route? It seems they dont' want people coming in and out of the city on the river path." Though as he turned around, he paused to observe a grate that was partially opened against a cracked side of the wall. It looked large enough for people to fit into. Curiously, he approached it, and he could hear music in the world down below.

"Say.. I wonder what's down there.." he said, not realizing his black, feathered wings began to dissipate and all but disappeared from his back.

Eveline

While he was peering past the gate, she put her hands on his back "Your wings!" She said in awe, pushing against his back softly. She was pulled from her trance by the sound of music below them, "Hm?" She looked past him, looking in the direction he was looking.

visualspice

Feni's eyes went wide at her exclamation, and blinkingly, he peered over at his back.
"Oh." He blinked again, then smiled. "They sort of do that sometimes. Not sure how to control them. THey come out on their own and vanish on their own, just like that." He shrugged then looked back at the opening.
"Do you want to see what's down there?" he asked, apart of him did. The music sounded fun.

Eveline

She grinned and let go of him, "Of course I do!" She didn't like parties... But her curiosity always overpowers her. She walked through the crack in the gate cautiously and looked around. "Feni.. Look..." Her eyes widened at the sight as she encouraged Feni over

visualspice

As they moved through the underground pathway, they entered the slums. And although the people down here were very poor, there seemed to be a network of celebration and people moving around and dancing to reed pipe music and stringed things. Instruments of the like Feni'tat had never seen. Though he knew lutes when he saw one and his eye lit up.

"Look at all of the dancing!" he said, his smile stretching widely across his face. THen he turned to Eleni suddenly and took her by the hand. "Come on! Maybe we can dance too!" and before she might know what was going on, Feni'tat had dragged her amongst the crowd and he was laughing and dancing in silly steps along with her, spinning her around, and seeming not to really move much to any beat. But he was having fun, so was everyone, and the atmosphere was light and wonderful.

Eveline

"Wha--no!" She tried to interject before being pulled into the crowd. Eleni tried to clumsily follow his steps. She couldn't dance to save her life...! She closed her eyes whenever he twirled her around. Eventually, she just tried listening to the music and flowing with Feni's out of beat moves. The girl found herself giving a hesitant smile as they dances through the crowd.

visualspice

The two probably looked quite the sight, dancing and limbs flailing about. But Feni'tat hadn't a care in the world, and was laughing and now taking Eleni's hands into his own and was spinning with her fast- that was, untilt hey accidentally ran into another pair of dancers. Stumbling to a halt, Feni'tat sheepishly bowed his head. "Er... sorry about that.." then turned to Eleni with a shrug. "Perhaps we ought to stay out of the dance circle, lest we run into any more people."

And no sooner had he said it did he smell something good.
"I smell.. I smell.." He gave two sniffs. "Oh.. meat!" and before Eleni could stop him, Feni'tat was scrambling over to a meat vendor's station.

Eveline

She laughed nervously as the couple they ran into tried to make conversation with her. She noticed Feni run off somewhere as the nice couple tried to get her to say something. Eleni had always been a bit of a shy person around certain people... She only nodded at the couple's words before mumbling a quick goodbye. She shoved past the rowdy, lively crowd looking for Feni. Where had he gone? What was that he mentioned...? Meat! She looked around for a meat vendor's station, mumbling quick 'hellos' to the people she passed.

visualspice

A moment later, Feni'tat came rushing right past Eleni and dove behind a giant, woven basket, just as a rolling pin came clattering to the ground. Someone had just thrown it at him, and by the looks of it, it was the angry meat fying merchant.

"Get the hell away from my food if you can't pay!" the man spat, and Feni'tat cowered behind the basket, staring with a pout as the man walked away. Looks like he wouldn't get any meat today.

Eveline

By this point, people were looking at Feni'tat and the merchant in confusion. The music kept playing loudly, and the couple from earlier helped usher people back over to the circle to dance.
     Eleni walked over to Feni with a frown and crouched down next to him. She looked at him pitifully and pursed her lips before standing up and walking over to the meat vendors station. The man scowled at her and asked If she had any money "No but..."
~...~
    Eleni walked back over to Feni about 15 minutes later with some fresh meat "Be happy. You have no idea how hard it was to get my hands on this," She sighed.