Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Bucket of Fish

Started by visualspice, May 09, 2013, 09:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Feni'tat gave a shrug. "That's what the man told me." and he had to frown as the stench began to quickly fill the air the nearer they got to the place. "Though... I have to wonder if it's worth it." he wilted a bit as he continued walking. "After all, we're not sure what's even down there. Well, aside from stinky sewer sludge."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eveline

The young girl scrunched up her nose, nodding in agreement "But I'm not about to stay here for the rest of my life." She continued on, walking a bit more confidently now that she set a goal. Besides, if there was something down there, she could take it... Right? Or at least, she liked to believe she could. What was so wrong with a little adventure here and there?

visualspice

Seeing her traveling with more confidence in her stride made Feni'tat perk up as he smiled and followed suit. And stinky smell aside, the sewers weren't all that bad, so as the two descended into the darkness together, he crept along, keeping close to Eleni's side as his blue eyes peered around, taking in what he could. But there wasn't much to see aside from the scurrying of a rat here or there, the sludge making the waters appear quite nasty, and a few scones lit here or there along the way.

Though the further they went, Feni'tat was surprised to see a few make shift houses down here, and a few boney beggars looking up at the pair, and asking for food. Feni'tat felt awful, bu thad to refuse.
"S-sorry, I don't have anything." And his frown deepened as they continued to walk. "Man, everyone down here seems to be suffering. It seems pretty awful." And even as they walked on, they found one old man keeled over, his skin leathery and grey from death.

Feni'tat felt his blood chill at the sight and visibly shivered as he stepped nearer to Eleni.
"This place is awful. I hope we never end up living in such a place someday. I just wish there was something we could do for them."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Eveline

Eleni tried to pay little mind to the moaning and begging people on the streets. She could feel Feni creep closer to her as they passed the dying elders. She did wish there was something they could do, but then again, it wasn't so much in her nature. Besides, what could they do?

As they continued down the mucky passage, Eleni saw what appeared to be a dead man in the middle of the way. His body twisted and laying limp on the floor; skin unnaturally gray. Eleni sucker in a breath and stopped infront of the 'corpse.' She hesitantly stepped over it, sighing when she reached the other side. She continued on until she heard a low moan and felt a cold hand wrap around her ankle. She froze.

visualspice

Feni'tat could have leaped clean out of his skin at that terrifying moan. Whirling around, his eyes went as large as saucers as he stared down at another suffering soul clinging onto Eleni's leg.

"P-please.." the man begged. "Just a drop of fresh water... to ease the pain."

Feni'tat's heart, which had leaped into his throat, now sunk deep within the pit of his belly. He pouted, his eyes shining with sympathy as he knelt down beside the man.
"Are you suffering greatly, sir?" he asked gently.

The man nodded, his grip not releasing from where it held onto Eleni's leg as his arm began to shake. And although it was obvious, Feni'tat could sense the man was dying. He might have even only had a few minutes to live. There was really not much they could do for him.

So he did all that he could do, and Feni'tat scooped a hand full of murky water, which, in a glittering display of light cast off from his hand, was purified and turned into the most mineral rich water the man would ever taste,a nd he offered it over to him.

"Here, drink this," Feni'tat said softly, and the man obeyed, drinking only a few laps with his tongue before his eyes closed tightly and he keeled over. Feni'tat blinked, watching the man shaking in pain before he closed his eyes and placed a hand upon the man's forehead.
A soothing light escaped from Feni's hands and entered into the man's body.
And the man felt no more pain, and as he was standing at death's door, the old wretch on the ground actually smiled before he took his last breath and faded into death.

"Good luck in the next life," Feni'tat whispered, before moving to gently remove the dead man's grip from Eleni's leg before he rose up from the ground.
"We should get going. I'd like to bury him, but this is not the sort of place to do such a thing." Feni'tat wiped the back of his hand at his nose, catching the running snot there as tears began to pool at the sides of his eyes. Those, he tried to blink away before he turned to make his way back down the stinky sewer path.

Eveline

Eleni watched the scene in shock. She never liked death. The girl was a bit shaken but glad to see him smile before he went. Before she could even acknowledge it, Feni was leaving; he seemed a but shaken himself. A burial? She stared down at the corpse before scooping it up, barely struggling. She cringed a bit as the dead flesh making contact with her creme, Porcelain skin, but continued on. "We'll bury him when we get out of here." She stated trying to leave the emotion out of her voice as she started to catch up with him.

visualspice

Feni'tat's eyes widened at the sight of Eleni carrying the dead man.
"Do.. do you think it is wise to just be carrying him around?" Though if he had thought that too, he would have done the same and carried the man to somewhere else for a proper burial.

Eveline

She stayed silent for a bit before continuing, somewhat struggling to carry the deceased mans body "I'm not sure..." Answered plainly, "Lets just continue, yes?" Gave him a reassuring smile. It was obvious that she had gotten used to the other's company. She wasn't used to having people around her except perhaps Xerordir, but she of course left him like she did everyone. They crossed paths, and eventually had to continue forward. Eleni glanced over at Feni and blinked, deep in thought. Eventually, she would have to leave him, too, no? When they got out of these sewers? After they give this poor man a proper burial? Perhaps... She was a traveler, after all. More like a wanderer, actually. Slipping from town to town; region to region. Eleni never really settled down and maybe it was better that way. After all, running away was all she's ever known.

By now she must've looked strange. Red eyes glazed over with a far away look; body stumbling to keep hold of the man. The girl must've looked like she was in some strange trance..!

visualspice

"Hey!" Feni'tat's voice cut through her thoughts as he stumbled against her side.
"Let me help you carry him." he said, reaching out to take the man. "You almost slipped back there, and I don't mind helping!"

Eveline

Stopped a bit confused as she was yanked from her thoughts "Oh, thank you" a small clumsy smile graced her lips as she handed him the man, standing up straight again and recollecting her posture "Are you positive you have him?" Glanced at him as she began walking again, looking around to see where they were exactly

visualspice

"Yep! No worries. I've got him!"
Feni'tat wasn't the most muscular of young men, but he was able to shift the weight of the dead body easily since the man had been starved before his death. Though this detail made Feni'tat frown as he studied him and walked onward through the smelly sludge of the sewer. "It's a shame he had to die in a place like this."

Eveline

Eleni nodded as she studied the area. The place reeked of death and illness; she could almost feel the flickering and moaning souls this place held. She wondered why they wouldn't leave this place... "More will and have." Pointed out seriously and quietly. An eerie silence seemed to trickle in before the girl brushed some white strands away from her face, "I think we're almost there... I think..." It seemed like an opening but it was dark.. There wasn't really a light source past that opening it seemed. It must've been late, Eleni decided.

visualspice

They had been traipsing around in the sewers for quiet some time, that by the end of it, Feni's hair was slicked down in ringlets against his forehead, plastered down by sweat. There was a light at the end of the tunnel, a small opening and the sound of water.
Moving forward, Feni'tat took the lead now and stepped through the end of the tunnel, and out into a bed of water full of muck, grime and disease.

it was as if this portion of the world were uninhabitable, for the grounds seemed sludgy and swamp like as Feni'tat stepped out into the water and gasped as he suddenly began to sink, for he had stepped right into a bog!

Eveline

Gasped quickly reaching forward to try to help him up and out of the muck. This was probably why no one ever left that sewer like place.  "ugh" she groaned as she struggled to help him

visualspice

The corpse was being jostled in his arms,a nd the more he struggled, the stronger he felt himself being stuck in the muck. His eyes went wide as he looked at her. "Be careful, Eleni! We don't need you to get stuck in here, too!"

Eveline

Looked at him before looking around to see what she could do.

"Just give me your hands and let go of that man." Ordered almost a bit sternly and stubbornly. She took hold of his hands as her eyes flashed into a bloodier shade of red. Sneering, teeth biting down on her bottom lip, Eleni gave a frustrated growl. She was not loosing to a pile of mud, and she knew she could pull him out-- easy. Seemily too stubborn for her own good, the demon girl gave one final tug followed by a grunt before yanking his body from the bog. Falling back into the sewer muck with a thud, groaning as she looked up to see her work.

visualspice

Feni'tat gasped.
"But we can't just leave him here!" Though when Eleni insisted, the look in her eyes terrified him, and he found himself trembling beneath her gaze. Unknowingly, his grip on the corpse slackened, and suddenly, he was pulled out from the bog in a few powerful pulls-
and a moment later, he was gsping as he stumbled and fell into a muddied pile ontop of her.

A moment later, he lifted his head from her body.
"Hey!" he sid, his face brightening in a smile, legs straddled over hers, "It worked! You pulled me out of there! Thanks!" and he clung to her ina massive hug, snuggling against her cheek, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I might have been dead if it weren't for you!"

Eveline

Groaned, putting her hands against his chest and weakly pushing against him "it's no problem.. Just.. Get off, please?" Asked looked down at him as he nuzzled her, a light blush tinting her now muddied cheeks. She felt exhausted from all the reserved strength she had used to pull him from the bog.

visualspice

Despite her request, Feni continued to cling to her before finally letting her go. Though he sat up now and looked down at her curiously.
"You know, we smell kind of bad."
For the stink of the sewer was a bit much- even as the two were now slicked in mud.

Eveline

Scrunching her nose in disgust, Eleni nodded and sat up slightly as well. White hair slicked back by the sewer water and nails caked with dirt; her cloak was ruined as well!

After some time of simply staring at their surroundings, the girl spoke up, "Do you think we can get out of here through there?" Her red eyes turned back towards him waiting for an answer. Reds and golds mixed with purple hues swirled in those demon eyes of hers; worry seemed to settle into those eyes of hers, no matter how serious she tried to keep her face.