Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Plotting: The Jade Library [RP in Thanatos]

Started by Colonel Mustard, July 22, 2013, 05:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Mustard

Hello there!

I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about this sort of thing on the forum, but if it is, then good. Excellent. Goodcellent.

Where was I again? Oh yes, the RP.

The plot outline is as follows: Throughout the history of Thanatos, legends have persisted of the Jade Library, an ancient repository of knowledge and lore that is more comprehensive than any other in the world, where texts were carved into jade tablets in order to preserve their longevity. Much of the time, talk of the Library was restricted to myth, and though there have been those who claimed to have found it, these claims have always been unsubstantiated and ignored.

This has now changed. A hunter in the jungle, who had become badly lost on a hunting trip, claims to have stumbled across the ruins of the Jade Library. To verify his claims, he had with him a jade tablet, bound together with gold clasps, which he gave to a Zhaobin Temple as proof. The most senior members of the temple examined it, discovering it to be written in an ancient Thanati dialect, an account of a war that occurred long ago in Thanatos' history. If there is any chance of the legends of the Jade Library being true, then this is the most likely.

Sensing an opportunity to track down an invaluable source of knowledge, the Zhaobin have called for anyone brave enough to join the expedition they are mounting into the jungle in order to try and find the Jade Library. Those joining the expedition may do so for many reasons; fame, glory, desire to spread ancient knowledge or to take some of it for themselves. Whatever their motivation, it will take all that they have to brave the dangers of the darkest depths of the Thanati jungle and to uncover the legend of the Jade Library.

That's it for now. My own character, Hyrui Layul will be representing the Zhaobin in this expedition, though by no means does she have to be the only Zhaobin character present. Just about any kind of character is welcome provided they can prove their usefulness, and if they have reasons that are divergent or even conflicting with the main goal of finding the Jade Library, all the better!

Rhindeer

Oh oh oh oh! My character, Yun Zhong, would LOVE to join an adventure like this! 8D

She's young but enthusiastic? 8D?

Her motivation would simply be adventure, and proving her meddle as a Warrior. ;D
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Colonel Mustard

By all means, she'd be welcome to come along and sounds just right for the job!

Rhindeer

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Colonel Mustard

I was probably going to wait and see if there were any more people interested in the RP, and once we've got a group of reasonable size, start the RP with the characters gathering at the expedition's meeting spot (probably a Zhaobin Temple somewhere) and set off from there. Depending on the group size and what everyone thinks of the idea, I might just abandon RPing and adopt GM duties instead, controlling NPCs and encounters and so forth in order to make the RP a nightmarish descent into the deepest, most depraved depths of terror and cruelty of the type that would make Joseph Conrad and H.P. Lovecraft proudfun and challenging adventure to play.

Caerina

I think I have an idea for a character who would like to join this...
When I'm done I'll post, and yes the character is in this for only personal gain... Wouldn't have it any other way xD
Btw Great idea ^^
p.s are you only accepting Thanatos characters?

Colonel Mustard

Quote from: Caerina on July 25, 2013, 03:18:43 AM
p.s are you only accepting Thanatos characters?
If you can give a good reason for non-Thanatos characters being in Thanatos, then it's fine. I mean, they'd probably get some in-character problems seeing as people from Thanatos don't seem to be the most welcoming bunch, but OOC it's fine so long as it makes sense.

Caerina

Here it is, Anthea  will be happy to help with your quest... And get something in return xD

Colonel Mustard

Great character, Caerina, she'll be perfect for the RP.

Also, quick question; do you two want to start now and just have the thread as an open RP, or do you think it's best to wait a little longer and see if there are any others interested?

Caerina

Thanks, I also think it will be interesting having her on this expedition ^^
I think we should wait for a little more to see if anyone else wants to join...

Stormphrax

Quote...controlling NPCs and encounters and so forth in order to make the RP a nightmarish descent into the deepest, most depraved depths of terror and cruelty of the type that would make Joseph Conrad and H.P. Lovecraft proud fun and challenging adventure to play.

You had me hooked from this point on!

Sadly, I'm pretty restricted with internet access and time for a bit, though I'll try and put up a new character asap when inspiration strikes. :)